Start by marking “Blood and Deceit” as Want to Read:
Blood and Deceit

Blood and Deceit

Searching for answers is the main thing on Tabithas mind. But when an exchange of black market magic goes wrong, she finds herself entangled with a member of the High Council.

With her mate by her side, Tabitha finally finds what shes looking for, only to discover it could change the balance of power in necromancer society...and not for the better.
Blood & Deceit is
Published April 18th 2019 by Drowlgon Press

To ask other readers questions about Blood and Deceit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood and Deceit

Start your review of Blood and Deceit
Brianna Belbin
This was an amazing standalone story set in the Paranormal Council Universe! After the necromancer council dissolved, Tabitha is out of a job and desperate for money, but no one will hire a necromancer the legal way. Shes also having trouble finding any information on her brother and the death of her father after her mothers death. She starts looking for a job and answers in the black market, but finds herself mixed up with a vampire of The High Council, who also happens to be her mate, since ...more
Jessica Robbins
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-kindle

This book hits the ground running as we keep up with Tabitha a Necromancer that has had to resort to less then legal means to earn money after the council for her kind was dissolved. She is set up to be caught but an unexpected man saves her instead. We follow along as they try to solve the puzzle while staying alive long enough to do so. Smooth writing with fascinating characters dropped into a world of
Debbie Eyre
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is just awesome, I love the paranormal universe series and this latest book did not let it down! Filled with mystery, suspense, twists and turns and lets not forget the romance, this well written tale has a great storyline that can be read as a stand-alone but I totally recommend the whole series!
Cailin
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. This foray back into the Paranormal Council took a few different turns with surprises, deadly secrets, betrayals, and unexpected love. The male and female leads were sweet and worked well together. I enjoyed their interactions even when the male really needed a slap upside his printed head.
Douglas Williamson
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Our heroine is trying to find her brother, but gets entangled in council politics and intrigue. What's a girl to do?

This is a paranormal fastasy story set in the author's established Paranormal Council world. I have read many of the stories in this setting and I enjoyed some of them more then others. This one fell on the slightly less so end.

The world is well established and detailed in the overall story arc, but not so much here. New readers will have a bit of a challenge understanding some to
Jennifer G
Jun 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Tabitha is searching for answers about her brother; his well-being, his whereabouts. Having exhausted all legal avenues, she has turned to the black market. When an exchange of life force-black market magic goes wrong, she finds herself entangled with a member of the High Council who also happens to be her mate. When Tabitha finally finds the answers she was searching for it could mean death to her and her new mate, change the balance of power in necromancer society, and endanger the whole ...more
Billie
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Blood & Deceit is a standalone story set in the Paranormal Council Universe.

This time we are following Tabitha as she is looking for answers
Rachel
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I sat down thinking I'd just read a couple chapters of this book tonight. Pretty quick, a few chapters led to a few more, and then I threw out my plans to accomplish anything other than read this book!
The only thing I scratched my head at was the introduction of a character in the middle of the book in a way that had me
Molly
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Tabitha found herself out of a job and unemployable since the dissolution of the Necromancer Council. Not all of their rulings may have been right and correct, but without them there was no voice to speak or defend Necromancers with the High Council.

Tabitha wanted only to find her brother, and get more info about the death of their father if she could. She had seen their mother die the day after her father went missing and was presumed dead. A lethal effect of their matebond.

Rick helped her
Shayay
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cool supernatural world with unique ideas. I enjoyed the sort of forbidden connection between Tabitha and Rick. Tabitha is a necromancer and Rick is a vampire. The necromancers don't really have a good reputation in the supernatural world, so Tabitha is having to put up with some preconceived notions. Someone is out to get Tabitha, so she needs to solve the mystery. Luckily, she has a bit of help. I just listened to The Necromancer's Prey; which helped me understand a bit more about what was ...more
Leslie Sanchez
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've been looking for more necromancer stories in the Paranormal Council world. They usually have the same bad rap that vampires have. Tabitha, a necromancer, is scraping by doing jobs on the black market for info and can usually handle herself. Rick shows up to save her when things go really wrong with her latest job. Rick is with the High Council and has some information she has been looking for. Oh, he is also her mate. Bad people are after her and together she and Rick will try to get to the ...more
Deborah Gebhardt
Apr 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Jamie Brydone-Jack
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: p-2019, paranormal
Tabitha is doing some shady things that could get her in a lot of trouble if shes not careful. She finds an unlikely ally, and they find themselves in tricky circumstances time and again. The story just keeps moving, making you not want to put the book down. The author has a good way of describing scenes and suspense, making you feel like you are right there seeing it with the people involved and feeling with their feeling. Along with the many twists and turns of the plot, a true romance ...more
Kaye
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ONE MAGICAL DELIGHT!!!
OMG! Oh man! Yep! It's about to hit the fan. Laura really brought out the magic in this wild rollercoaster ride of unpredictable circumstances with on point realism it catapults your emotions brusting to life spectacularly. The tension is thick, the chemistry is hot and the danger is skyrocketing. Twists and turns, along with a few bumps and bruises bring this baby together flawlessly. The characters and scenes are so realistic with such graphic detailed descriptions it
Nina Campbell
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Blood and Deceit by Laura Greenwood is a stand alone book set in the Paranormal Council Universe. In this book, a necromancer named Tabitha is trying to survive in a paranormal world that does not like necromancers. However, while collecting payment for doing a job she meets up with her mate Ricky a vampire. This is the beginning of a adventure that will effect her family life forever. This book has two wonderful characters, an adventure filled story, and a romance not to be missed. If you love ...more
Ann Holden
May 21, 2019 rated it liked it
This was not my favorite from the Paranormal Council series but it wasnt so bad I couldnt finish. There were scenes that just didnt make sense and we didnt get to know the characters very well. Tabitha is a very confused young woman. Rick is okay but short on explanations that would have made everything easier to understand. I didnt get a feeling for how they felt about each other, they were both kind of flat. I am a fan of this author but this book didnt do it for me.
I received a free copy of
Philleys Peters
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
With her Necromancer Council disbanded and unable to secure any means of supporting herself, Tabitha is forced to use her illegal magic to survive. When trying to find her missing brother, she meets Rick a vampire who is her fated mate. They both get caught up in council politics while solidifying their new mate bond. I really loved this quick and easy to read romance. Tabby and Rick had perfect chemistry together and made this story so much more appealing.

I received a free copy of this book via
Anne Dwyer
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tabitha is looking for answers - what has happened to her brother? How did he die? What was happening with the Necromancers now that their council has been dismantled? Completing a trade for information, she is saved from a trap by Rick - a vampire. He must turn her to save her life - and they are fated mates. But will they survive the treachery from her kind? A great stand-alone read from an amazing author!

Christina Luberts
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
We have a lot going on in this book, mystery, suspense and more. Tabitha is a necromancer and Rick is a vampire with the High Council. He has information. Tabitha needs that information. Will Rick help her? Will Tabitha and Rick come together. There is a few things in the story that should have been written differently, but that's only my thoughts.

Lynn Partridge
Apr 28, 2019 rated it liked it

Verified ARC Reader
dark magic and love ?

A gentle story considering all the dark magic it contains. A story about good versus evil even within one family This is part of a series but can be read as a stand alone and is all about the story not about the heat. A romance ? yes but not a hot and heavy type more a gentle and loving romance between two very different supernatural types

Caroline Doig
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is another fantastic story in the Paranormal Council Universe and like all of the other stories in this Universe they can be read as standalones. Since the disbandment of the Necromancer Council Tabitha has been doing some illegal black magic things for extra cash but she wants to find her brother, Tabitha has been set up on a job and Rick who is a vampire saves her life. Fantastic story and I highly recommend this book.
Janice E. Ryberg
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Blood and Deceit is a fun love story: 4.5 stars

Since I love mysteries, I enjoyed the way this book starts out. You can picture the dirty alleys and cheap hotels right from the get-go. If course having the hero assist the maiden in distress is a nice touch. The characters are fairly obvious, but enjoyable anyway. I certainly like Tabitha's solution to family problems. :-) Fun paranormal romance. Don't miss this one.
Donna Hokanson
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Intriguing story
There are twists and turns with several good surprises along the way. It has great, likeable characters who you just want to hang out more with after their story is done. I have loved all the Paranormal Council stories so far. The necromancers don't really have a good reputation in the supernatural world, so Tabitha is having to put up with some preconceived notions.
Well written story and great addition to the Paranormal Council books. I recommend this book.
Michelle
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This one had an interesting pair of characters a necromancer and a vampire. While the necro female lead is out trying to do an illegal swap for payment, a vampire intercepts her, and suddenly her life gets more complicated. The two mesh well together through the story, a little family drama pops up to make things more interesting, and there is enough going on to keep you wanting to read on to the end. ...more
Marianela Aybar (Mari Loves Books Blog)
I love the Paranormal Council Universe by Laura Greenwood. You get everything you want from a paranormal world with some twists and turns sometimes thrown in. Love Tabitha and how her mate turns out to be not what she expected. The action, suspense, and love will have you not being able to put the book down.

Jennine McWilliams
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
THE POWER OF BLOOD❣
Enlightening story of the darker side of paranormal beings. Tabitha was a survivor, living on the streets and chasing answers. This is her story of good and evil, light and dark. Lots of unexpected events to keep your interest and a promise of more books about her . This book was a gift.🧙♀❣
Donna
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This standalone story in the Paranormal Council universe is an excellent book, combining necromancy, magic, shifters and romance to make a really good read. I'd definitely recommend it to fans of the series, or of paranormal/supernatural romance stories.
NB I received a complimentary copy of this book, but I always give an HONEST review based wholly on my own opinions
Tera Comer
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audible
I love the fact that we get to jump back into the Paranormal Council world with this new book. While this book is in the Paranormal Council world it is a standalone book. There are plenty of twist, turns, deadly secrets and unexpected love wrapped up in this great book

Barbara Brostek
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Exciting Paranormal Romance!
Great addition to the PCI series and provides backstory of Richard, vampire and member of High Council, and Tabitha, his necromancer mate. Wonderful characters and intriguing, suspenseful fast-paced drama. Enjoy!

I received an arc copy and am happy to leave my honest review.
Amber  Christiansen
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was fast paced and exciting. I enjoyed reading Tabitha and Rick's story and I enjoyed seeing more in this world. The interconnected standalones are my favorite kind of series.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review but my opinions are my own.
The Paranormal Co...: Blood and Deceit is 99 cents for a limited time! 1 2 Sep 20, 2019 10:24AM

• Feline The Heat (The Firehouse Feline, #1)
  • Guardian: A Collection of Alpha Wolves
  • Hellfire (Fortuna Academy, #2)
  • Mate's Lesson: Alpha Protectors
  • The Great Witchy Cake Off: Wonky Inn Book 7
  • Meow (Catnip Assassins, #1)
  • Inferno (Fortuna Academy, #3)
  • Ford's Fate (Paranormals of Avynwood, #2)
  • Fire and Brimstone (Fortuna Academy, #1)
  • Zuvok (Trident Alliance Mail Order Brides #2)
  • First Fangs (Diablo Falls)
  • Hope Reclaimed
  • Grimm's Dweller: The Complete Trilogy (Grimm's Dweller Trilogy, #1-3)
  • Onyx (Sinners Syndicate #1)
  • Feline the Flames (The Firehouse Feline, #2)
  • Valkyrie 101: How to become a Valkyrie (The Afterlife Academy: Valkyrie, #1)
  • Gardener’s Greenhouse (Rosemary Harbor #3)
  • Backfired Magic (Mates & Magic #3)
Laura is a USA Today Bestselling Author of paranormal, fantasy, and contemporary romance. When she's not writing, she can be found drinking ridiculous amounts of tea, trying to resist French Macaroons, and watching the Pitch Perfect trilogy for the hundredth time (at least!)

You can check out Laura's Website here:
www.authorlauragreenwood.co.uk

Join her mailing list here:

News & Interviews