Start by marking “Severed (Precinct One #1)” as Want to Read:
Severed (Precinct One #1)

Severed

(Precinct One #1)

Halle Ish, one of Velli’s elite police Arrows, is shot down during a Precinct One riot. Wounded and unable to fly, she tries to hide and avoid capture, knowing that if she is found by the razor gangs or Clipper Sect they will sever her wings. She needs to get out of Precinct One.

Avin Lent was once a promising medical student, but he started sniffing Mumble to beat the stre
Published February 25th 2019 by NineStar Press

To ask other readers questions about Severed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Severed

Start your review of Severed (Precinct One #1)
Eva Millien
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wounded and able to fly, Halle Ish is an elite police arrow in enemy territory, knowing that if she is found by the gangs her wings will be severed. Avin Lenit was once a promising med student, but now he’s the doctor to one of the biggest gangs in Precinct One. He’s been deep under cover for over year, Jarro Cobli has to find a way to get them all out of Precinct One before the Sect and the gangs bring the full wrath of the Veilli on Precinct One.

The characters are strong, compelling and easil
Neil
Dec 09, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, netgalley
I received a free copy via Netgalley in exchange for a honest review.

I really struggled with this and just did not enjoy the writing.
The Characters just did not engage with me and the story was extremely violent.
The violence felt gratuitous and excessive adding nothing to the story in my opinion.
It is not my sort of Fantasy.
Chris Vital-Reads
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
History/Background:
 Jarro is an undercover cop who has spent the last 10 years in gangs. He can't keep doing the horrible things needed to rise in the ranks of the Tower gang. The only good thing in his life is his lover Avin whom he is forced to lie to.

Avin was going to be a doctor but fell to an addiction and is trapped by the gang. He loves to operate but he's being forced to save the bad guys and he needs the Mumble to forget all that he's seen and done.

Halle is an elite special forces cop i
Free_dreamer
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review

“Severed” marks the beginning of a new series and I liked this first part. I avoided anything with M/F in it for a while and only recently discovered that MMF is actually a relationship dynamic I could come to really enjoy.

A little trigger warning before we start: Avin is a drug addict and his struggles with his addiction and being high are a very important part of the story. There’s also quite a bit of violence and some off-screen torture going on.

It’s
Colleen Corgel
Mar 08, 2019 rated it liked it
I honestly am not sure what to do with this - I love darker fantasies, which this certainly qualified as, and the leads were compelling enough to keep me wanting to read. However, I was disappointed in the world building, I thought it came a little too fast, and there's the little hiccup with how women - who're all born with wings- who lose the ability to fly. Women are literally above men in the social hierarchy here, as they actually live in areas above men in the city they all inhabit. But If ...more
Claire
4.5 **** I really enjoyed this novel, I found the world Shona Husk has imagined to be fresh and interesting. The women being able to fly, while the men are grounded, the way family groups and marriages are formed, generally one woman and two men, and the way blood is used and is part of conception. I liked the three main characters a lot and enjoyed uncovering their layers, especially Jarro as he kept so much hidden due to the danger involved in anyone finding out who he really was. The relation ...more
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Severed was a hard book to put in a category. It is science fiction that flows over into erotica, There is a lot of sex and much of it male/male. Then it goes to a triad for two males and one female. Both are the norm for this world that Shona Husk has built. I loved the three main characters. All are strong but have very human weaknesses. The world building is unique as women fly and men walk. Halle Ish, Avin Lent, and Jarro Coblic end up together while facing danger. Their reactions to each ot ...more
Ola Adamska
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-2019
This book is something that falls in many places in my mind. It goes from sci-fi/fantasy (woman FLY! and there are other traits).
I liked characters -none of those is onedimensional. There will be scorching sexy times as both main male characters are lovers, but are they only interested in men? Well, time will tell when a wounded woman shows on the scene. They take her and help to heal her. There will be lots going on in their minds an everything will go deeper than you will think at first!
Sounds
Josh
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This literally says it all! This is a dark dystopian it is lgbtq+ friendly as there is characters in the book among drug use and other dark themes discussed. This story is phenomenal I highly recommend to anyone who enjoy fantasy and dystopian novels this is dark be warned. ( not for those easily
Barbara
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The start of a new series called Precinct One a well written story that held my interest from the first page. There is suspense, danger, drama, and romance. Halle Ish, one of Velli’s elite police Arrows and has been shot down during a Precinct One Riot. Jarro Coblic is deep undercover when he finds Halle and knows he must hide her he gets help from his lover Avin Lent. I want to read the next book. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Philleys Peters
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A dark and gritty romance that is intense and very emotional. This is a harsh futuristic world where drug abuse is rampant even among the rich and privileged, and being a cop especially an undercover cop with an addict for a boyfriend lives on the edge of discovery. Especially when he saves a fellow cop, injured and trapped in their sector after a raid. M/m and m/f/m relationships.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and voluntarily leaving a review.
Carole
Feb 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: vampires
This was a different type of story from Shona. It was really gritty and quite violent. It was hard to determine the setting or what the characters where, my guess maybe vampires or some other winged creature?
There was the usual detailed steamy scenes and the relationships were slowly developed.
Overall, I am a huge fan of her works, mainly with the faeries, but this one wasn't my favorite .
Would I recommend this, yes.
Barbara Strickland
Fantasy/sci-fi and paranormal mix

Good pace, interesting characters and a very interesting premise particularly surrounding the role of women in this world where crime is vicious but as always there are people who want more in life. This more comes in the form of a triad. No spoilers but check it out. Good reading.
Scarolet Ellis
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Severed by Shona Husk is a great story to read. This is book number one in this great start to a brand new series and I recommend this to everyone that loves a really great story.

Christina C
rated it it was ok
Aug 26, 2019
Heather Bennett
Apr 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Severed is a unique and interesting book. The writing is good and the characters are interesting. This is a unique storyline.
Stef (Noveltea Corner)
Feb 20, 2019
Shawn McVay
Mar 01, 2019
Shona
Mar 15, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Eleni Konstantine
Minerva Casas Gonzalez
Aug 27, 2019
Percy Bell
May 20, 2020

• Horizon Points (The Galactic Captains, #3)
  • Aries 181
  • The Dragon Commander (SkyLine, #1)
  • Total Blackout: A gripping, breathtaking, fast-paced SAS action adventure thriller you won’t be able to put down (A Jack Tate SAS Thriller, Book 1)
  • Blood of Olthetta
  • Part of the Family
  • Together by Christmas: Escape into the Sunday Times Bestseller which will Capture Your Heart this Christmas
  • Private Moscow: (Private 15)
  • Wartime With The Cornish Girls (The Cornish Girls #1)
  • Dead Run
  • Dark Forge (Masters & Mages, #2)
  • Christmas Wishes
  • Anti-Social: The Secret Diary of an Anti-Social Behaviour Officer
  • Challenges of The Gods: Sometimes, Heaven is Overrated (Challenges of the Gods, #1)
  • Star Marque Rising
  • One More for Christmas
  • Blind Vigil (Rick Cahill #7)
  • The Apprentice Sorceress (Fairy Tales of Lyond, #2)
Shona Husk lives in Western Australia at the edge of the Indian Ocean. Blessed with a lively imagination she spent most of her childhood making up stories.