Start by marking “Shattered Bonds (Jane Yellowrock, #13)” as Want to Read:
Shattered Bonds (Jane Yellowrock, #13)

Shattered Bonds

(Jane Yellowrock #13)

Jane Yellowrock must dig deep and find strength within herself if she is to survive in the latest novel in this New York Times bestselling series.

Jane Yellowrock is a shapeshifting skinwalker, and vampire killer-for-hire, but her last battle with an ancient arcane enemy has brought her low. She seeks retreat in the Appalachian Mountains to grieve the loss of her friends, and
Published October 29th 2019 by Ace

To ask other readers questions about Shattered Bonds, please sign up.

Start your review of Shattered Bonds (Jane Yellowrock, #13)
Becky
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have loved everything by Faith Hunter and this book is no exception. It is a bit different from previous books in that it is a little more centered on Jane and what is going on internally than outside forces. We do get to see some of the other main characters but not too much about them. I don't want to spoil too much but by the end Jane seems to be going in a new and different direction.I feel like this book needed to happen so that all the gang can continue to grow and not become stale. I ca ...more
Sandy

I used to read a lot of urban fantasy but sort of drifted away for some reason. This is one series I continue to read because of the great characters who stalk, stake & chomp their way through a New Orleans full of vamps, grindylows & skinwalkers. And if the human residents seem a tad nervous….well, perhaps that’s down to being viewed as potential snack food.

At the heart of it all is Jane Yellowrock, a shape shifting skinwalker who made her name as a vamp
Steven
Thanks to Berkley and Netgalley for providing me with an advanced copy in exchange for an honest review.

Faith, you've done it again! A culmination of so many storylines, this book might have become my favorite in the series. It's got depth and darkness and light and hope and grief and connection. It's got a big bad that's actually pretty damn terrifying. It's got lots of twists and turns. It's got lots of emotion and heart. Most of all, it's got Jane truly recognizing, on a deep soul
Lisazj1
Thirteen books *and I don't even know how many novellas* and I am still just as hooked as ever on this world and these characters. It was almost 1am when I finished last night, and reading that late when the alarm clock goes off at 4:45am is a bad decision but I couldn't put it down. I was literally glued to the ending. Also as usual.

There is nothing I can say about this series and Jane Yellowrock and Clan that I haven't said before. Jane is still an absolute badass Cherokee skinwalker with a comp
Robin (Bridge Four)
Jane’s journey has been a long one, she and the Yellowrock Clan have been through some very dangerous and trying times. Shattered bonds started off a bit dark, in that Jane is not well, she is a little defeated and not even close to being into true fighting form. It seems I’d forgotten a lot of the details from the prior book(s) but Faith Hunter did a great job of peppering in the details I needed to be up to speed.

After becoming the Dark Queen in the prior book Jane pretty much gave
Beth
Fan-freakin-tastic!!! I can't wait to see where Hunter takes us next but first...

This amazing addition to the Jane Yellowrock series brings Jane face to face with everything she was destined to be while she struggles to survive the havoc time walking has caused on her body.

Her friends come to rally around her but an ancient evil, the original most evil that started vampirism has left Europe to take on Jane and her friends.

What can I say, this was a single sitting read. From the moment I picked up a copy of Shattered Bonds I WAS HOO
RachelW (BamaGal)
Sep 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
I think this is it for me. Hunter’s stilted writing style has always been a difficult read for me; but the storyline has invariably kept my interest. After the disappointment of Dark Queen and the failure of this one to draw me in, though, I've simply lost interest. The magical aspect has gone over the top; and the series has moved in a new direction...and I believe I’m going to have to let this series go.

At least there is still Soulwood...
Donna
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shattered Bonds is a gut-wrenching, blood curdling, high speed adventure that will leave you gasping. Jane is fighting bad guys, time and her own body. She doesn’t have time for everything she needs to do. This is an emotional roller-coaster ride from the first page to the last, I LOVED IT!

Anne - Books of My Heart
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from NetGalley. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Holy crap!  The depth and richness of Shattered Bonds is amazing.  I've long been a fan of the   Jane Yellowrock series.   I loved this and was totally engrossed even when exhausted. I highly recommend this book and the series, which does/>Holy
Erica Chilson
I received a free copy of this title to read and review for Wicked Reads

5 Long-Anticipated Stars

Spoiler-Free Review to my best abilities.

After how Dark Queen left readers up in the air as to what happened to a beloved character and as to how Jane was handling her new situation, I couldn't wait to get my hands on Shattered Bonds. Seriously, I was pestery and stalking a release date, so eager to see what happens next.

It goes without saying, Shattered Bonds cannot be read as a standalone or out of s
Shelley
*Source* Publisher
*Genre* Urban Fantasy
*Rating* 4.0

*Thoughts*

Shattered Bonds, by author Faith Hunter, is the Thirteenth installment in the authors Jane Yellowrock series. Jane is in a state of stasis as the story opens. She's abdicated all of her responsibilities of being the Dark Queen and Emperor of the Eurovamps. She's made no moves to take any territory or created her own army. She's told Edmund and Gregoire to take care of anything that might come up. Aft
Douglas Meeks
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series, read everyone of them and pretty sure every short story, novella plus the novels but recently the multitude of plots is mind blowing. In this one we still have Jane trying to get cured, trying to kill an unkillable bad guy, trying to keep a romance alive, trying to keep a multitude of PEOPLE alive, and can't figure out if this "Dark Queen" thing is going to be a good fit since she seems to be unable to shed the responsibility.

I can't really write a long winded rev
Shannon
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it! So much. Do we really have to wait for the next one?! 😫😫
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Buy this book now. Read it now! Shattered Bonds takes place a bit after the Dark Queen. For those who have not read the Dark Queen, read that book first. This is not a standalone book. Reading the series in the order it was written will give the best experience. Shattered Bonds is a story about finding all the broken pieces and somehow putting all back together. In the last book, Dark Queen, a pivotal event occurred which shattered this dedicated reader. My heart stopped as the unbelieve happene ...more
Margaret
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review originally published at Vampire Book Club and based on a copy provided by the publisher.

When we last saw Jane Yellowrock I was kind of pissed at her. After defeating the European vampires and suffering significant losses, Jane abandons her found family and the vampires she’s supposed to protect so she can die alone in the mountains from magical cancer. But now Clan Yellowrock has regrouped, setting up shop in an Appalachian winery while they search for a cure for Jane.
Lisa Miller
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is absolutely the best follow-up to Dark Queen Ms. Hunter could have possibly written. Shattered Bonds answers all the questions the last book left unanswered (except one). I was so moved, as usual, by Faith's vivid descriptions and her detailed depiction of Jane and her clan's emotional journey. Of course, also as usual, the action scenes are beautifully written. Sometimes, I swear I can feel each hit. I'm always so impressed by how well each relationship between characters has been develo ...more
Suz
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fantasy

I started reading this one, got to about 52% and then finished by listening to the audio.

I loved this entry in the series. So very much happened. It also felt like a transition book and I'm looking forward to seeing how Jane's world changes going forward.

I don't want to wait a year for the next one! :D
Minx
Shattered Bonds is a thrilling story that’s filled with action, suspense, and it was also intensely gripping! Throughout this series, the one thing Jane Yellowrock has never been was weak or helpless but in Shattered Bonds, that feeling and sense had become an everyday occurrence for Jane. Even though she had decided in the previous book, Dark Queen, that she was going to enjoy her remaining days by herself, there was no way that her friends or family were going to accept her decision. If she wa ...more
Katrina Forest
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This review will contain minor spoilers from Dark Queen, the twelfth book of Faith Hunter's amazing Jane Yellowrock series. I will discuss Shattered Bonds as vaguely as I can, but I will reference one major event from the opening scene. If you want to start the book totally fresh but you're still curious if it's good or not...rest assured it is awesome.

Jane Yellowrock is not a series that remains stale. The characters mature and grow. The world shifts and changes. If Skinwalker (Book
Barb Lie
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shattered Bonds by Faith Hunter is the 13th book in her fantastic Jane Yellowrock series. I could not wait to get my hands on this book, as the last book left us breathless and in a state of waiting impatiently for the next book. As I had noted in my review of Dark Queen, that was the best book in this series; being hard to equal that, Shattered Bonds was still an epic story. I love this series and Jane Yellowrock always rocks.

Shattered Bonds picks up a short time after Dark Queen le
Darcy
Kristi Gladden
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Just as much as I was ready to cry at the end of the last book, I am ready to stand up and cheer at the end of this one. Jane has ALWAYS put her life on the line for the people about whom she cares, “kits”, innocent strangers.....then, even as she has “won” her battles, she was always left with a bit of bad “mojo”, “bad magics”, whatever you want to call it....that over time, left her with the “magical” cancer that kept getting worse and worse. “No good deed goes unpunis
E.
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

“Shattered Bonds” by Faith Hunter is part of the ‘Jane Yellowrock’ paranormal/urban fantasy series. Jane is still dealing with life-threatening complications, but her multiple roles require direct intervention, especially when her enemies strike close to home. She and Beast will have to discern whether some of her allies are friends or foes, and any mistakes may be deadly.

I enjoy books that feature kick-butt heroines, and this series definitely showcases i
Debbie
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Superb, excellent plot, great characters, just wonderful

I devoured this book within 24 hours of release. Just fantastic - without too many spoilers, highlights were:
- seeing the impact of Jane's absence on various characters, and how life has carried out while she has been withdrawn from circulation
- gathering of many favourite characters together, including Molly, Evan, Angie, EJ and the baby
- Beast (always Beast!)
- Shaddock
- Anzus!
Wonderful wonde
Michael
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another great book in this series

Jane faces new challenges and new mysteries as she has to deal with the repurcussions of events in the previous book. The action starts early and never stops until the end, and Jane faces each battle with determination to protect her friends and family, and her trademark snarky humor. This book is a welcome addition to the series and a great read in its own right.
Alisha Henri
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh, My Goddess!!!

I'm in shock, awe, and joy, having read this book in a time warp so quickly. As always, Faith Hunger has written Jane Yellowrock's story, beginning dynamically and speeding to a powerfully explosive conclusion. Every character grows and matures; there are trauma, danger, humor, anger, terror, love, and magic; and there are surprised continuously. I can say no more without risking spoilers. Faith, you've done it again! When is book #14?
Digital Prophet
If this book was a film, the whole thing would take place on a single boring set, where the lead actress monologues for two hours with little to nothing actually being accomplished by the end except a lot of wasted time.
Lael Walters
Oct 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shattered Bonds from Faith Hunter was enjoyable from start to finish. I must admit to having fallen away from this primary series of Jane Yellowrock a few books back as the series got more and more vampire focused (although I continued to enjoy her Soulwood series), but Ms. Hunter has won me back to team Jane/Beast with this book.
Hobart
Shelves: 2019-reads
★ ★ ★ ★ 1/2 (rounded up)
This originally appeared at The Irresponsible Reader.
---
I'm going to have to spoil a little about Dark Queen, and a little bit of earlier books, too. Read at your own risk.
---
It didn't take me too long after starting to read this thirteenth installment in the Jane Yellowrock series to start asking myself: How am I going to possibly write anything about this? I kept asking myself that right up until I finished it this afternoon. Now, an hour past my self-imposed deadline for fini
Sherry
ARC copy- Review will be written later.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Spoilers and predictions 9 14 Nov 09, 2019 08:21AM
SOS: Serious Over...: [Nov 2019 - tie] "Shattered Bonds" Discussion 3 18 Nov 08, 2019 03:20PM

• Sharpest Sting (Elemental Assassin, #18)
  • How to Kiss an Undead Bride: The Epilogues (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #7)
  • Wicked Wings (Lizzie Grace, #5)
  • Wolf's Bane (Otherworld: Kate and Logan, #1)
  • Sword and Pen (The Great Library, #5)
  • The Unkindest Tide (October Daye, #13)
  • Sapphire Flames (Hidden Legacy, #4)
  • Sweep of the Blade (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4)
  • Dark Divide (Cormac and Amelia Story)
  • Archangel's War (Guild Hunter, #12)
  • The Kinsman Universe
  • Dark Dancer (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #3)
  • Warrior Fae Princess (Warrior Fae, #2)
  • Brave the Tempest (Cassandra Palmer, #9)
  • Rise Against (The Foundling, #4)
  • The Orchid Throne (Forgotten Empires, #1)
  • Caged (Blood Trails Book 6)
  • Peace, Blood, and Understanding (Half-Moon Hollow #7)
Faith Hunter's Jane Yellowrock series is a dark urban fantasy. Jane is a full blooded Cherokee skinwalker and hunter of rogue-vampires in a world of weres, witches, vampires, and other supernats.

Her Rogue Mage novels—Bloodring, Seraphs, Host, and the RPG Rogue Mage—feature Thorn St. Croix, a stone mage in a post-apocalyptic alternate reality.

The Soulwood series is a dark-ur

Jane Yellowrock (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Skinwalker (Jane Yellowrock, #1)
  • Blood Cross (Jane Yellowrock, #2)
  • Mercy Blade (Jane Yellowrock, #3)
  • Raven Cursed (Jane Yellowrock, #4)
  • Death's Rival (Jane Yellowrock, #5)
  • Blood Trade (Jane Yellowrock, #6)
  • Black Arts (Jane Yellowrock, #7)
  • Broken Soul (Jane Yellowrock, #8)
  • Dark Heir (Jane Yellowrock, #9)
  • Shadow Rites (Jane Yellowrock, #10)