Start by marking “Shattered Bonds (Jane Yellowrock, #13)” as Want to Read:
Shattered Bonds (Jane Yellowrock, #13)

Shattered Bonds

(Jane Yellowrock #13)

Jane Yellowrock must dig deep and find strength within herself if she is to survive in the latest novel in this New York Times bestselling series.

Jane Yellowrock is a shapeshifting skinwalker, and vampire killer-for-hire, but her last battle with an ancient arcane enemy has brought her low. She seeks retreat in the Appalachian Mountains to grieve the loss of her friends, a
Published October 29th 2019 by Ace

To ask other readers questions about Shattered Bonds, please sign up.
Carolyn Pihl I was worried as well since I just finished this one yesterday and was thinking it cannot stop here, but then, upon reflection, realised how many loos…moreI was worried as well since I just finished this one yesterday and was thinking it cannot stop here, but then, upon reflection, realised how many loose ends there still are. So addictive, and this from a 70 year old pensioner in a small village in Sweden!(less)

Start your review of Shattered Bonds (Jane Yellowrock, #13)
Becky
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have loved everything by Faith Hunter and this book is no exception. It is a bit different from previous books in that it is a little more centered on Jane and what is going on internally than outside forces. We do get to see some of the other main characters but not too much about them. I don't want to spoil too much but by the end Jane seems to be going in a new and different direction.I feel like this book needed to happen so that all the gang can continue to grow and not become stale. I ca ...more
Sandy

I used to read a lot of urban fantasy but sort of drifted away for some reason. This is one series I continue to read because of the great characters who stalk, stake & chomp their way through a New Orleans full of vamps, grindylows & skinwalkers. And if the human residents seem a tad nervous….well, perhaps that’s down to being viewed as potential snack food.

At the heart of it all is Jane Yellowrock, a shape shifting skinwalker who made her name as a vamp killer. She’s usually a force t
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
That was effing brutal but damn good!

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
Sheyla ✎

The Son of Darkness is coming for Jane. He wants something she has and he won't stop at anything until he gets it.

Dejavu?

Not so much. This is the younger Son of Darkness. There were always two. Yet, he seems to be even more powerful the other SOD.

Usually, this is when Jane gets herself ready to go into battle and helps prepare everyone for it. This time, she's the one that needs help. Jane is dying from magical cancer. A tumor is growing inside of her and nothing seems to be stopping it. She
Steven
Thanks to Berkley and Netgalley for providing me with an advanced copy in exchange for an honest review.

Faith, you've done it again! A culmination of so many storylines, this book might have become my favorite in the series. It's got depth and darkness and light and hope and grief and connection. It's got a big bad that's actually pretty damn terrifying. It's got lots of twists and turns. It's got lots of emotion and heart. Most of all, it's got Jane truly recognizing, on a deep soulful level, w
Robin (Bridge Four)
Jane’s journey has been a long one, she and the Yellowrock Clan have been through some very dangerous and trying times. Shattered bonds started off a bit dark, in that Jane is not well, she is a little defeated and not even close to being into true fighting form. It seems I’d forgotten a lot of the details from the prior book(s) but Faith Hunter did a great job of peppering in the details I needed to be up to speed.

After becoming the Dark Queen in the prior book Jane pretty much gave up all of h
Lisazj1
Thirteen books *and I don't even know how many novellas* and I am still just as hooked as ever on this world and these characters. It was almost 1am when I finished last night, and reading that late when the alarm clock goes off at 4:45am is a bad decision but I couldn't put it down. I was literally glued to the ending. Also as usual.

There is nothing I can say about this series and Jane Yellowrock and Clan that I haven't said before. Jane is still an absolute badass Cherokee skinwalker with a c
RachelW (BamaGal)
Sep 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
I think this is it for me. Hunter’s stilted writing style has always been a difficult read for me; but the storyline has invariably kept my interest. After the disappointment of Dark Queen and the failure of this one to draw me in, though, I've simply lost interest. The magical aspect has gone over the top; and the series has moved in a new direction...and I believe I’m going to have to let this series go.

At least there is still Soulwood...
Margaret
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review originally published at Vampire Book Club and based on a copy provided by the publisher.

When we last saw Jane Yellowrock I was kind of pissed at her. After defeating the European vampires and suffering significant losses, Jane abandons her found family and the vampires she’s supposed to protect so she can die alone in the mountains from magical cancer. But now Clan Yellowrock has regrouped, setting up shop in an Appalachian winery while they search for a cure for Jane.

But that search gets
Judi
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I suppose I should start by saying I'm a long time fan of Faith Hunter and Jane Yellowrock, so this will be full of fangirling. I will not apologize for that. She completely deserves it.

One thing Faith Hunter does that is so very difficult for authors to get right, is she engages you immediately in her books. I don't think I've had a problem getting involved in one of her books since Skinwalker, which, being the first is often the case so I don't worry too much about it when it's at that point.
Beth
Fan-freakin-tastic!!! I can't wait to see where Hunter takes us next but first...

This amazing addition to the Jane Yellowrock series brings Jane face to face with everything she was destined to be while she struggles to survive the havoc time walking has caused on her body.

Her friends come to rally around her but an ancient evil, the original most evil that started vampirism has left Europe to take on Jane and her friends.

What can I say, this was a single sitting read. From the moment I picked u
Mitticus
My entire life was death and destruction. And each droplet of my future was a world of even more horrors if I didn’t fix what was happening here and now. Or if I allowed the arcenciels to go back in time and destroy the vamps at conception. Or if I allowed the war in the heavens to start. But I didn’t know how to stop any of that.

what a ride, more gory than ever.

Creo que he detectado que me ha incomodado en la serie para ponerlo en palabras, y es lo mismo que me esta pasando con Soulwood de
Donna
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shattered Bonds is a gut-wrenching, blood curdling, high speed adventure that will leave you gasping. Jane is fighting bad guys, time and her own body. She doesn’t have time for everything she needs to do. This is an emotional roller-coaster ride from the first page to the last, I LOVED IT!

Douglas Meeks
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series, read everyone of them and pretty sure every short story, novella plus the novels but recently the multitude of plots is mind blowing. In this one we still have Jane trying to get cured, trying to kill an unkillable bad guy, trying to keep a romance alive, trying to keep a multitude of PEOPLE alive, and can't figure out if this "Dark Queen" thing is going to be a good fit since she seems to be unable to shed the responsibility.

I can't really write a long winded review of this
Anne - Books of My Heart
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from NetGalley. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Holy crap!  The depth and richness of Shattered Bonds is amazing.  I've long been a fan of the   Jane Yellowrock series.   I loved this and was totally engrossed even when exhausted. I highly recommend this book and the series, which does need to be read in order (like most urban fantasy). I had some feelings about not
Tony Hisgett
I suspect that when the number of books in a series gets into double figures it becomes harder and harder for the author to think of new plots. The temptation is to make every new baddie more outrageously evil and every situation more precarious. If this isn’t enough then just throw in as many ridiculous complications as possible. The book has had good reviews, so it is obviously just me, but I don’t need everything to escalate with every new book.

I don’t really know what to make of this book, t
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
One thing about this book after reading several subpar paranormal books is that the storyline was well thought out without holes. Also, no graphic sex scenes (gratuitous or not). Wasn’t needed at all.

My only problem with this series as a hole is that I’m not a Jane or Beast fan. Which goes to show as a loyal reader of this series as I am, I don’t need to like the main characters. I’m a fan of the world building and interesting plot lines.

I’m also not a fan of Bruiser. And maybe I could have bee
Linda
Dec 18, 2019 rated it liked it

After the disappointment of the previous book, I was hesitant to read this one. Diving in, I found my fears both well-founded...and not.

This book suffered from the same meandering navel-gazing as the last one, with a lot of pondering, anticipation, and little action. Once again, Jane was mostly passive, reacting to circumstances (often in a seat-of-the-pants manner) rather than being proactive. It was convenient that her enemies gave her a lot of down time to consider the possibilities
Mary
This was a really good series. But it's almost always a bad idea to elevate a main character from "pretty good at a job" to "awesome almighty ruler of all" status. I have enjoyed it, but the series has run out of steam. I don't even know what happened in this story - lots of fighting and lots of aimless pondering. And the heroine of the book series is clearly not going to die of cancer. So every word wasted on that is not building suspense, it's just killing time while we all wait to see if anyt ...more
Thomas
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, fiction
A powerful installment of the Jane Yellowrock series. There was a lot of emotion in this one and a sense of closure. An enemy that seemed to be coming for a long time is confronted and great changes take place. You get a sense that Jane will be heading in a new direction after this.

It’ll be interesting to see where Faith Hunter decides to take us next.
Dan
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Eh didn't like this one so much, the I'm sick yadayada has gotten old quickly. Hopefully we can back to some more decent story lines and stay away from the whole my DNA is fracturing baloney.

Just felt like a filler between main books to wrap up some boring story lines (the magical cancer) and frankly the SOD story line was very anti climactic.

Shannon
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it! So much. Do we really have to wait for the next one?! 😫😫
Darcy
Digital Prophet
If this book was a film, the whole thing would take place on a single boring set, where the lead actress monologues for two hours with little to nothing actually being accomplished by the end except a lot of wasted time.
Jan 19, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Read while I was in the USA. Ok read, but not my favourite in the series. Felt like a transition book, sorting out new lines of adventure.
Erica Chilson
I received a free copy of this title to read and review for Wicked Reads

5 Long-Anticipated Stars

Spoiler-Free Review to my best abilities.

After how Dark Queen left readers up in the air as to what happened to a beloved character and as to how Jane was handling her new situation, I couldn't wait to get my hands on Shattered Bonds. Seriously, I was pestery and stalking a release date, so eager to see what happens next.

It goes without saying, Shattered Bonds cannot be read as a standalone or out
Ian
At the end of Dark Queen Jane left New Orleans riddled with cancer and dying. As her human body was dying she was spending more and more time in beast form, the mountain lion she shares both body and soul with.

But even as she faces death, the troubles of the world continue. A new menacing threat has arrived and is attacking her people. And even though she can barely walk she must fight to protect those she loves.

Shattered Bonds is great. With any long-running series you will get hits and misse
Shelley
*Source* Publisher
*Genre* Urban Fantasy
*Rating* 4.0

*Thoughts*

Shattered Bonds, by author Faith Hunter, is the Thirteenth installment in the authors Jane Yellowrock series. Jane is in a state of stasis as the story opens. She's abdicated all of her responsibilities of being the Dark Queen and Emperor of the Eurovamps. She's made no moves to take any territory or created her own army. She's told Edmund and Gregoire to take care of anything that might come up. After all, Jane's human body is witheri
Nay
Oh my freakin' gosh, I never want this series to end!

Faith Hunter is simply a genius of an author. I was so mesmerized with this book that I reached the end without even realizing I was anywhere near it. And, as always, Khristine Hvam is a master at narration.

I will continue to recommend this amazing series more than other I've read.
Lisa Miller
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is absolutely the best follow-up to Dark Queen Ms. Hunter could have possibly written. Shattered Bonds answers all the questions the last book left unanswered (except one). I was so moved, as usual, by Faith's vivid descriptions and her detailed depiction of Jane and her clan's emotional journey. Of course, also as usual, the action scenes are beautifully written. Sometimes, I swear I can feel each hit. I'm always so impressed by how well each relationship between characters has been develo ...more
Spoilers and predictions 9 43 Nov 09, 2019 08:21AM
SOS: Serious Over...: [Nov 2019 - tie] "Shattered Bonds" Discussion 3 26 Nov 08, 2019 03:20PM

• Smoke Bitten (Mercy Thompson, #12)
  • Wild Sign (Alpha & Omega, #6)
  • Sweep with Me (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4.5)
  • Sharpest Sting (Elemental Assassin, #18)
  • Easy Pickings (Walker Papers, #7.6; Jane Yellowrock, #3.1)
  • Blood Heir (Aurelia Ryder, #1)
  • American Demon (The Hollows, #14)
  • Wicked Wings (Lizzie Grace, #5)
  • A Killing Frost (October Daye, #14)
  • Wicked Hour (Heirs of Chicagoland, #2)
  • Sweep of the Blade (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4)
  • The Unkindest Tide (October Daye, #13)
  • Emerald Blaze (Hidden Legacy, #5)
  • Grave War (Alex Craft, #7)
  • How to Kiss an Undead Bride (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #7)
  • Deadly Vows (Lizzie Grace, #6)
  • Hell's Spells (Ordinary Magic #6)
  • Sapphire Flames (Hidden Legacy, #4)
Faith Hunter's Junkyard Cats novella series is brand new, with book one available only in Audible at this time.

Faith's Jane Yellowrock series is a dark urban fantasy. Jane is a full blooded Cherokee skinwalker and hunter of rogue-vampires in a world of weres, witches, vampires, and other supernats.

The Soulwood series is a dark-urban fantasy / paranormal police procedural /para-thriller series fea

Jane Yellowrock (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Skinwalker (Jane Yellowrock, #1)
  • Blood Cross (Jane Yellowrock, #2)
  • Mercy Blade (Jane Yellowrock, #3)
  • Raven Cursed (Jane Yellowrock, #4)
  • Death's Rival (Jane Yellowrock, #5)
  • Blood Trade (Jane Yellowrock, #6)
  • Black Arts (Jane Yellowrock, #7)
  • Broken Soul (Jane Yellowrock, #8)
  • Dark Heir (Jane Yellowrock, #9)
  • Shadow Rites (Jane Yellowrock, #10)

News & Interviews