Start by marking “A Holland and a Fighter” as Want to Read:
A Holland and a Fighter

A Holland and a Fighter

Holland.
It wasn’t the name I was born with, but it was a gift that was given to me at the age of four. On that birthday, I didn’t know what it meant to be a Holland, but over the next thirty-something years, there would be many lessons taught by a generous and adoring family. To be a Holland means to accept differences. To compromise. To listen, but to also speak your mind
Published July 15th 2019

To ask other readers questions about A Holland and a Fighter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Holland and a Fighter

Start your review of A Holland and a Fighter
Nikki
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fair warning. This is an emotional read. If you love these characters as much as I do, there are many highs and lows in this book that you will live through with them. You also get numerous points of view - aside from the main ones of Livvy and Jon - and this really heightens the poignant experience that is this book.

A Holland and a Fighter takes place a little while after Make Waves, and we do check in with Max and find out how he's doing. As the name suggests, this is a book about a Holland,
Coco.V
Jun 12, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (6/12/2020)! 🎁
Rachael Egan
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heartbreakingly beautiful. Read it in one day. Cannot stop thinking about it. Loved it all and especially loved peeking in on all of the Hollands and Scotts. Grab your tissues. First tears for me at 7%.
Heidi R.
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To me, this book is the culmination of the Emi Lost and Found series and the Choise series combined. Lori Otto has written an emotionally charged story that will shake you to your core. It was soooo good.
MJ
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-books
I'll be honest, this book is very hard to rate. And not because it isn't well-written. It is. In fact, I love the way Lori Otto crafts a story, clearly putting her heart and soul into every word. I have loved the Holland/Scott crew from the very start and thoroughly enjoyed Livvy Holland's 4 book series, which is truly some of Otto's best work to date. And now with A Holland and a Fighter, I was anxious to get back into the world of Livvy and her Jon and the life they are building together. But ...more
Robin
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautifully written...

For me, this is Lori's best novel yet... "A Holland and a Fighter" is an incredibly well-written story; at times it hurt to read. It brings back all of our favorite Hollands and Scotts from Lori's previous novels.

This is one of many poignant sentences that made me pause and read again: “I look down to face him, noticing the blur in my eyes brought on by heavy tears that aren’t brave enough to drop yet.”

Don't make us wait to long for the next one, Lori! Simply beautiful.
Caroline
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Buckle up. This one is quite the ride. This is absolutely not a stand alone book – do not rob yourself of the experience that is the Holland / Scott clan.

I do typically read the author’s books within a day or two of their release, but this one required a bit more time. Not to sound cliché but I laughed, I cried and I may have sworn at the author once or twice (sorry Lori!). The book was so rich in content and since it was shared from a few different view points, it helped to provide a more robus
Luna Sol
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I honestly feel like the Hollands and the Scotts are family to me. I don't even need to read the blurb from . Lori Otto book anymore. I just know I will love it because she is simply that kind of author to me. A brilliant story teller who have given me some of my favorite fictional family and characters. I have to say this was the most difficult book from hers I've read. The pain encountered was shocking and totally unexpected. I honestly did not know if I could continue but I did and I'm so gla ...more
Angela
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve struggled with how to review this book because it explores the depths of just about every human emotion. Example- It’s so well written that I was sobbing while getting a pedicure and my nail technician asked me to stop reading so I could enjoy my pedicure. It will grab your heart, twist it, break it, and ultimately soothe it. Be prepared for a beautifully written story that will stay with you long after you’ve finished reading.
Cindy
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an amazing journey from start to finish! I am just in love with this family’s strength. If you’ll excuse, I now have to take a couple days break from reading to recover and process this whole story.
Shannon
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful journey! The author made me happy, sad - yes have a box of tissues ready, and angry. She always leaves me wanting more books from her 💕
Donna
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How could you do this to me. Love the series and you have to make me cry again.
Mirna Merced
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story was totally unexpected.
Joyce Dobson
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another emotional book from Lori Otto. I have absolutely loved each and every book she has ever written.
Gena D
Jul 30, 2019
Sharon
Feb 17, 2020

• Regretting You
  • Letters to Molly (Maysen Jar, #2)
  • Dirty Letters
  • Angry God (All Saints High, #3)
  • Park Avenue Player
  • After The Climb (River Rain, #1)
  • Jersey Six
  • Finding Perfect
  • Fast Lane
  • Insatiable (Cloverleigh Farms, #3)
  • The Rebel King (All the King's Men Duet #2)
  • A Debt Repaid (The Debt Duet, #2)
  • Written with You (The Regret Duet, #2)
  • The First Girl Child
  • The Day He Came Back
  • Home Game (Vancouver Wolves Hockey, #2)
  • Window on the Bay
  • Heartache and Hope (Heartache Duet, #1)
Coming in 2019: