Start by marking “The Thorn Princess (Iron Crown Faerie Tales, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Thorn Princess (Iron Crown Faerie Tales, #1)

The Thorn Princess

(Iron Crown Faerie Tales #1)

The new series fans of Sarah J. Maas, Victoria Aveyard, and Holly Black are craving.

Ivy Hawthorne has always felt like an outsider, but now she is starting to wonder who—and what—she really is.

She can see people’s auras. Animals watch her wherever she goes, and worst of all, sometimes her dreams actually come true.

But recently, things have gone from strange to
Published March 1st 2019 by Dreamlake Media

To ask other readers questions about The Thorn Princess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Thorn Princess

Start your review of The Thorn Princess (Iron Crown Faerie Tales, #1)
NAT.orious reads ☽
3 thorny STARS
This book is for you if… you buy into romances quickly and easily and love a nasty twist. This is sort of a Snowwhite x fairy crossover. TW: a love triangle seems to be in the making.

Overall.
I think I'm slowly learning how to take the fairytale genre. Altogether, this was merely a lukewarm story, it had its pros and cons. I was positively surprised that the teenage romance wasn't some flat, superficial, innocent crush, but something tangible that clearly held some mild
Christina
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was so fun to read. I'm looking forward to see what happens next for Ivy and the gang.

On a side note, I'm doing that thing again where I'm shipping Ivy with the Unseelie Prince instead of Bear. Dark eyed, potentially bad princes are my thing.
⋆☆☽ Kriss ☾☆⋆
FOUND ANOTHER FAERIE SERIES. YES. Please, for me, be good.
Olivia Clark
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Perfect for fans of Sarah J Maas, Holly Black and Marissa Marr.

It’s hard to find good faerie books that aren’t Holly Black or Maas, but this one deserves to be up there with the big names. It was so good, and had me captured right from the first chapter. My only complaint was that there was not enough action at the end. I would have preferred to see a grander, more epic ending, but I can’t wait to read the next book.
Nisareen
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
“You’re not just any faerie. Your mother is Lyric, Queen of the Winter Court within the Seelie Realm.”

When the evil machinations of her ambitious sister Alena threatens her daughters life, Queen Lyric of the Winter Court is compelled to make a difficult decision; to send her daughter to the mortal realm and raise a human changeling in her stead. Seventeen years later, having been weakened by the death of her husband, King Dristan, who was poisoned (possibly at the hands of Alena) Lyric knows she
Misty
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love !

I love it so much ! It’s really great I have no idea what’s gonna happen next but I’m here for it !!
Brittany Smith
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
So to start out I gave it four stars because I know the next one is going to be even better so I had to set the bar “low”!!!

Absolutely brilliant story-love the description of everything in this book. The story takes place at a boarding school for 90% and I actually could picture/believe that it was a real school. The description throughout the story is spot on. I found myself wanting to find the nearest portal and visit the faerie land of winter!

The characters are all high school aged kids and
Isobel Kenna
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This series is SO underrated!! It has literally all my favorite things, love; royalty; unexpected heritages, and so much more. Plus it’s a quick read that keeps you on the end of your seat.
Nina
Jun 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, ya, novel, kindle, fiction
C.L.
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book is...so weird and so bad. I got like halfway through but I can't anymore oml.
Ester
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!!!
I read this in a few hours. I was sucked into this world and could not break free! This book is magnificent in every way and I need the next book now!!

I felt connected to all the characters in a variety of different ways. I loved Bear and Ivy’s relationship and it felt so real. My heart aches for them! This story will leave you with answers, but not ones that fall flat. This story flows so well that those answers you seek at the end of the book make you want to dive into
Megs
Jul 24, 2019 rated it did not like it
Picked this up as a quick read based on the reviews but it was not enjoyable. I found the writing style over explanatory and descriptive for the length of the story. The characters fell too much in to typical troupes for me as well. Will not continue forward with story.
Lillian
I received a copy of this audiobook via the author. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of this review.

What is up with my obsession of Faeries this year?! Y’all I’m devouring everything I can get my hands on that mention Fae and LOVING IT! The Thorn Princess is no exception. The first book in Bekah Harris's Iron Crown Faerie Tales, The Thorn Princess follows Ivy Hawthorne as she discovers a hidden world living around her.

Ivy Hawthorne is a seventeen year old, living at a
Kathy Zuercher Diveley
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ivy & Bear

A fairy tale story. Ivy was switched at birth with a human to protect the fairy princess. Now she's of age and her mother Lyrica needs her magic . Bear infiltrates her boarding school, and becomes her friend and protector. After several attempts on her life, Bear tells Ivy her story. After finals he takes her to her mothers winter fairy palace. There their magic combines and stability is restored. She is introduced to her betrothed, an unseelie Prince named Arden. Magical
Lorie
Jun 29, 2019 rated it did not like it
Boring read

The storyline sounded interesting but ended up to be boring. The mc is weak and bullied by the mean girl. Couldn't finish.
Sue Gangloff
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unbeknownst to Ivy she is a daughter of the fae realm. Strange things start to happen around her at school that start to make her question her sanity. With the help of her friend Jules and the new boy at school she will Persevere. Definitely one of those books that makes you cheer and say yes...what’s next for this character.
Loved it and didn’t want to put it down.
Jaime
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Thorn Princess is absolutely amazing. It drew me in immediately. The characters are intriguing - especially Bear! The story itself is full of magic, drama, and relationships, some of my favorite things! I can’t wait to read the next book in the series.
Em
Apr 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Kindle Unlimited fantasy with faeries. Like a pg version of Sarah Maas “court” series. Book one of a series
Dustin Street
I listened to the audiobook version of this, and it was SO GOOD. Bekah is a master storyteller, and her take on the fae has become my favorite that I’ve seen in YA fiction. It makes Maas’s novels feel self-indulgent and shallow. Ivy Hawthorne is a perfectly relatable character, and it’s so easy to be sympathetic to her cause, as we are thrown into a new world right alongside her, and as we marvel at the injustice of her impossible situation.

I am so looking forward to diving into Book 2 in this
Kaitlyn
DNF 29%— Book seemed well written but felt too juvenile for me personally. I’m all for YA books but I just could not relate. Heroine felt too “perfect” for my liking seeing as how she was stunningly beautiful, heart of gold, seemingly no flaws, also she was somehow an outcast despite her kindness and beauty. I stopped reading once they magically gave an antagonist pimples and called her a leper because she was mean to our perfect protagonist. Totally acceptable behavior, ammirite? I can see why ...more
Kim
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Holy Love Triangle Is A Brewing

So there’s Ivy, and there’s Bear, and they are perfect for each other,but yet completely wrong by all the rules. But alas there is a naughty Prince in the picture and he is betrothed to the Princess. Surprise!

Can I just say that Princess Ivy is shook. She wants Bear to hold her in his arms, but there’s this other guy and he just said game on. Like he literally said that! Nevermind the fact that she was just a girl at a human boarding school just a few days ago.
IM211 -Scattered thoughts-
Splendid storytelling with slightly unoriginal concepts.
& I say this because it strongly reminded me of Trylle: The Complete Trilogy
, with familiar tropes, which isn't a crime but I couldn't help feeling like I'm in the Trylle world instead of the Iron Crown.

I enjoyed the Characters and the world building; jumping to book 2!
Chloe
Dec 25, 2019 rated it did not like it
I got like 17 pages in and honestly could not go any further, so make what you will out of this book. Ivy is a super privileged and super unrelatable special snowflake who annoys the fuck out of me. I get that it’s geared towards younger audiences, but the writing style was really lacking, and world building was meh (although I did not give the latter much more of a chance to be fair).
Idi Rojas
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Megan Tayti
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
April Coombs
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Addicting!

I read the first four books before writing this. I literally sailed through them because they were so addicting. Great writing and storyline! I really enjoy this series and would recommend it!
Yudy
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love this book

Loved the beginning of the book. I hope for more of a fight when Ivy went to court and accepted so promptly to be engaged. I hoped for a better fight to defend her love for Bear.
Wendie Berry
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I hate it when I get into a series that isn't finished, especially if I really like it! This is one of those series. Well written with good characters and an interesting plot. Can't wait to find out what happens next.
Daria Danley
Jun 04, 2019 rated it liked it
So cute! It was such a fun and short faerie story. It was perfect for a weekend read. Although it lacked some character development and a gripping climax, it was still a good read.

Goodreads also underrated the amount of pages. It was really 253 pages instead of 218.
Stacy
Jun 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Quick, easy read

This is a quick read that is entertaining. It’s a bit predictable so far, but I’m easily entertained, so I didn’t mind it.

• The Fae Hunter's Daughter (Whims of Witches Book 1)
  • The Shadow Coven (Whims of Witches Book 2)
  • A Cursed Reign (Whims of Fae, #5)
  • Queen of Dark and Light (Whims of Fae, #6)
  • Prisoner of Darkness (Whims of Fae, #2)
  • Whims of Fate (Whims of Fae, #3)
  • Two Princes of Summer (Whims of Fae, #1)
  • Spy's Mask (The Aermian Feuds #5)
  • A Dark Eternity (Whims of Fae, #4)
  • Curse Breaker (Kingdom of Runes #2)
  • Whims of Fae - The Complete Series
  • Daughter of Shades (The Venatrix Chronicles, #1)
  • When Wishes Bleed
  • Silver Wolf (The Sworn Saga Book 2)
  • Red Rider (The Sworn Saga #1)
  • Oath Taker (Kingdom of Runes, #1)
  • The Spirit Breather (Native Guardians, #1)
  • Shadow Fall (Shadow Fall, #1)
Born and raised in the mountains of East Tennessee, Bekah Harris has been writing since she could hold a pencil. The beauty of her home in the Appalachian Mountains, along with the legends, myths, and folklore of that area, is what inspires the unique plots and settings captured in her young adult fiction. In addition to her love of all things fictional, Bekah is also a freelance writer and ...more

Iron Crown Faerie Tales (5 books)
  • Heir of Iron Hearts (Iron Crown Faerie Tales, #2)
  • Game of Shadows (Iron Crown Faerie Tales, #3)
  • Reign of Darkness: Iron Crown Faerie Tales Book 4
  • The Glass Scepter (Iron Crown Faerie Tales, #5)