Start by marking “Pirate's Pleasure (Sentinels of Savannah, #3)” as Want to Read:
Pirate's Pleasure (Sentinels of Savannah, #3)

Pirate's Pleasure

(Sentinels of Savannah #3)

No one steals from this pirate...

John Smyth has survived mutinous pirate crews, wars, and the passage of centuries by keeping his life as he did his ships, organized and well stocked. But when his crew is tasked with stealing Pandora's Box for the government, it opens a door to destruction, and her name is Harmony Andrews.

A risk-taking investment broker by day, and a thi
Published April 22nd 2019 by Entangled Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Pirate's Pleasure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pirate's Pleasure

Nicola
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it

It’s back aboard the Sea Dog for boatswain John Smyth’s romance with his employee and thief-with-a-heart, Harmony who has something the crew are on the hunt for.

description You believe in the myth of Pandora’s box?”

Following the series theme so far of immortal pirate falling for human and the potential heartbreak that scenario will bring in the future, there’s plenty of push/pull as John and Harmony give into their feelings and, as the title suggests, there’s much pleasure to be had.

description The sire
Claire Robinson
3 - "Not bad for a pirate…" Stars.

The third book in the Sentinels of Savannah series gives us John Smyth’s story. Pirates Pleasure brings together a band of immortal pirates against modern day hackers come thieves; The Digi Robins both with the same goal, Pandora’s Box.

She was beautiful chaos in his well-ordered world…

One side are looking to secure the box so it can be kept out of harm’s way, the other trying to sell it to the highest bidder, and initially John doesn’t realize just how close
Elaine
This series just keeps on getting better – I’m loving reading it! Take the crew of a pirate ship, the Sea Dog, have them find and drink from the Holy Grail and be gifted with super healing powers and stopping aging . . . . centuries later have them living and working in the Savannah area – and sometimes assisting (for a fee) a member of Department D, trying to help recover stolen, powerful artefacts and relics to put them safely out of the way. That’s the backstory to this brilliant series. In t ...more
Marta Cox
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-reviews, netgalley
Four and a half
Well this the third book about immortal pirates features John the man who knows a thing or two about making and keeping money. He runs a successful investment business but is about to be very surprised by what his employee Harmony gets up to when not working at the office. John obviously has secrets of his own but Harmony has stolen Pandoras box ! Yes that mythical artefact is as real and dangerous as ever it was and John has been asked to find the thief but she's a lot closer tha
Eva Millien
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

He has survived mutinous pirate crews, wars and he passage of centuries, but the door to destruction is been opened when John Smyth and his crew have been tasked with finding Pandora’s Box. Harmony Andrews is a member of a crew of modern day Robin Hoods by night and a risk-taking investment broker by day, but her latest theft has her risking her heart and her life when she discovers that the very box she stole is the one her boss is looking for.

The newest Sentinels of Savannah is a page turni
Sandy Kelly
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is book 3 of the Sentinels of Savannah series and I would absolutely read the books before it so you understand everything that is happening in this book. This one is about John Smyth and Harmony Andrews. John has been in charge of his crew's money for more time than he can remember. And when he and his crew are tasked with finding and recovering Pandora's Box, he thinks to leave Harmony in charge of his company. Never realizing that she was the one who took the box to begin with in order t ...more
Shelleen Toland
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: entangled-read
I loved this book. It takes you to the character's of Captain Hook's men and it is many year's later. They have drunk from the Holy Grail and can not die. John Smythe own his own business and has a woman named Harmony working for him. His crew is asked to steal Pandora's box for the government and that is where Harmony comes into play. Harmony is also a thief and works for the underground world called Digi Robbins. She steals relics to sell and then gives the money to people who have no insuranc ...more
Donna
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pirate's Pleasure explores love of money, power, family and the one person who makes you feel alive. Immortal pirate John Smyth has experienced them all but the last. Now he has found a woman right under his nose that has him feeling alive and adventurous again. But he has secrets and so does she. Their story is rollicking fun and as close to adventure on the high seas as a body can get.
Eva Millien
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing

The newest Sentinels of Savannah is a page turning
Zoe Forward
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Immortal pirates...loved it. We get John and Harmony. John, our immortal pirate, is smitten with a modern day pirate who has gotten her hands on Pandora's box, which is, of course, real since John is immortal after drinking from the Holy Grail. There's a lot of mythology and fun in this story. Two pirates and trusting... how can that go wrong? What an adventure for these two to find their HEA. Great heat between the characters.
Sped right through this one. Excellent weekend read.
*Book provided b
Penny Noble
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
John and Harmony are our protagonists in this latest book in the Sentinels of Savannah series. Each book has different protagonists featuring one of the Sea Dog’s crew. This time, Pandora’s Box is out in the open having been stolen from Department 13 and evil might be unleashed to the world. John’s employee Harmony knows more, and he needs to find out what’s going on. But how can he when she is making him feel more than he has for a long, long time. Loved this light romance book with a mystery u ...more
Nikki Brooks
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Our third outing with the Sea Dog Crew!

John was the money man of the crew, the one who made sure each crewmember got his fair share of the booty. Not much has changed then, now he's a financial adventurer in the stock markets! He can't believe someone has such a line on investments as Harmony. He thinks she could be the one to take over his firm when he has to "die". But Harmony is keeping secrets and they may come back to bite her!

Harmony is done with being poor. Sure, she takes risks but they
Marlene
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Originally published at Reading Reality

One of the things about human beings is that we all require purpose. That purpose might be a career or a cause, or it might just be the hard work of keeping your family housed and fed and clothed and working to give your kids a better life than you had.

One of the problems of being immortal, or nearly so, is that the world changes and you mostly don’t. That the world passes you by while you stay frozen in it. And that it’s hard to find a purpose when you hav
Michelle
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Taking risks and making money is something that Harmony specializes in. She does it so incredibly well that she has garnered the eye of her boss who also happens to be one of the most eligible bachelors in Savannah. But she has no time to dwell on that though as her private life and drive for her charity has her crossing some lines in order to further the cause. Some things are not quiet what they seem and she finds herself smack dab in the middle of whole lot of danger and trouble.
Life isn't al
Miriam Wolfe
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a voluntary review of an advanced copy.

This series of immortal pirates is so much fun! This time it is John Smythe's turn to find himself falling for a woman and then the problem of his immortality comes in to play. Can he spent her lifetime and then watch her die or just walk away.

Then there is the whole problem of the stolen relic - Pandora's box and Agent Bale. He has his own agenda when it turns out that the other person assisting Harmony is his relative.

So many problems to resolve,
Marie
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
John Smyth is an immortal pirate along with the rest of the crew of the Sea Dog. He has survived many disasters and hundreds of years living with his secrets. He and the rest of the crew do certain jobs for a paranormal branch of the government. This time, they want Pandora's Box found. Harmony works for John as an investment broker, making money for the clients. He is grooming her to be a stand in CEO for his company when he is gone. By night, she is a member of a gang of thieves who steal arti ...more
Petula
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
John Smyth is the boatswain of the Sea Dog. A ship that is a copy of the old pirate ship from hundreds of years ago. The special thing about the ship is that the crew are all the original ones who are now immortal because they drank from the holy grail. They have all hidden the truth with various disguises over the years, but stay together and still sail when they can.
Harmony Andrews works in the finance world, trying to make money for her customers, her boss and herself. She also has a side jo
Sher
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my I want to move to Savannah and find me some of her Pirates.
John Smyth and crew find themselves back working for Department 13. A secretive branch of the U.S. government. Looking and locking away paranormal objects.
Now Pandora's Box has been stolen..
Little does John know, a young woman working for his Investment Company is the one who stole it.
Harmony Andrews steals things and sells them on the web and donates the money earned to people with medical bills that they cannot afford to pay.
S
Whispers From
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
John is a two hundred and fifty year old pirate. He owns an investment company and Harmony has worked there for five years. Harmony also stills old relics and sells them to help sick people without insurance. When John and his crew is tasked to get Pandora’s box, they realize it’s been stolen. John is surprised to find out Harmony and her fellow thieves are the ones who stole it. He must get her to turn it over before she sells it to the wrong person. Now she has pirates, the government, and a s ...more
Margaret
3.5 Stars

Every book I read from Lisa Kessler reminds me why I love her writing so much – from the well-developed plot and characters to a writing style that practically reads the words off the page for me, I never finish a book disappointed. And even though I wasn’t a huge fan of this particular story since I wasn’t totally on board with the relationship between the main characters, this was still an enjoyable read that had me captivated from start to finish.

Although I did like both John and Har
Bobbie
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Harmony Andrews works as an investment broker. John Smyth is the sexy boss she works for. Both have secrets and a strong attraction toward each other. But when trouble stirs and secrets are revealed will John and Harmony's love be strong enough to keep them together?
Anadosen
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
John Smyth has survived mutinous pirate crews, wars, and the passage of centuries by keeping his life as he did his ships, organized and well stocked. When I started reading I couldn't put it down.Lisa Kessler is magnifysent and amazing writer.I cannot wait to read more of there books.Keep up the great work.You should definitely read this book.Can't wait for the next book
Patricia
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
When John Smyth is tasked to stealing Pandora's box with the rest of his crew his organized life is about to be turned upside down by the very woman who stole the box . Harmony Andrews who works for the immortal pirate during the day . Taking risks in investments and is a thief by night . As they set out on an adventure into the unknown but will they survive each other with their heart intacted ,
The characters in this story are well written you will love them . John is an immortal pirate who
Heather
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fun book in the series.  The characters are getting more interesting as we see them go on one adventure after another. This one sees John Symth fall for his wild and free spirited broker, turned thief. Harmony is part of the secret internet hackers' group, Digi Robins, and she has gotten in over her head with Pandora’s Box. John and Harmony set out to trick the Serpent Society into accepting a forgery, Agent Bale tries to save a descendant from poor choices, and love wins another pirate ...more
Paula
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lisa Kessler has created a unique, original series with the Sentinels of Savannah. Each story has been an awesome addition to the series. From the beginning this paranormal suspense romance has been full of twists and turns that it can no way be considered predictable. However, no story surprised me more than Pirate’s Pleasure.

The title is perfect because it is a literal and figurative view of pirates which John Smyth was once one. He knows a pirate when he sees one and calls without a skipping
Vickie Raynor
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An enchanting adventure that was full action and intrigue from the start. I loved this addition to the series! Book gifted to me.
Lissette
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
John Smyth has done everything in his power to make sure his crew is taken care of. They've traipsed around the world together, seeking objects many have heard about but never seen. Objects that are better kept away from idle hands lest something goes astray. His world is turned upside down when he crosses paths once more with his beautiful secretary, Harmony Andrews. The woman has secrets. Many he wishes to explore. First, however, he must make sense of the reasons behind her drawing his attent ...more
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Pirate’s Pleasure by Lisa Kessler is book Three Sentinels of Savannah Series. This is the story of John Smyth and Harmony Andrews. I have read the previous books and I feel that has help me to enjoy this one with its underling story of the immortal pirates stealing the Pandora's Box.
John is one of the immortal pirates that is on a mission for the Pandora Box, but in the modern world he is a successful investor, running his own business. Harmony is a investment broker working for John but also i
Denise Van plew
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Was glad to jump back into this series with another pirate you witness getting his treasure. This one has John whom we will get a more closer look at especially when he finds out a secret about his employee. Harmony will give a run for she is a modern day version it will seem of a pirate and he with his old world that together good harmony will come forth. Good adventure with danger and everything else you could ask for. Best thing was seeing who got the best at the end.
Teresa
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
**I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. I received a copy of Pirate's Pleasure from Entangled Publishing and Net Galley. All thoughts and opinions are my own. **

Pirate's Pleasure by Lisa Kessler is the third book in her Sentinels of Savannah series and I loved John Smyth and Harmony Andrews story plus having been to both Tybee Island and Savannah I loved reliving the memories from past visits to this city.

John Smyth owns an investment business that has made the pirates
Join my Facebook Writer Page Here

Follow Me on Twitter Here

Lisa's Blog

Wow! Goodreads just asked me for my city of birth and date of death... What if I could answer that? Would I live life differently if I knew for sure how much longer I had left?

Interesting thought.

That's generally how my writer brain works. I've been dreaming up stories since I was in elementary school. My first book was titled

Sentinels of Savannah (3 books)
  • Magnolia Mystic (Sentinels of Savannah, #1)
  • Pirate's Passion (Sentinels of Savannah, #2)
“He’d never given it much thought before, but every second he spent with her, the yearning to connect, to know every chapter of her story, ate at him. He shouldn’t pry. It was none of his business. After tonight, she’d have her replica to sell for the Digi Robins.

For all he knew, she’d go back to being a broker at his firm, nothing more.

His hand slipped off the ratline and he cursed under his breath. “Damn it.”

“If you fall on me, I’m gonna be pissed.” Harmony called from below.

He grinned in spite of himself as he found his rhythm again. “I’m not fallin’ anytime soon, love.”

But truth be told…he was starting to suspect he’d already had.

For her.”
21 likes
“Were you ever going to tell me?”

“About the Grail?” He returned to the couch and handed her a glass. “I wasn’t planning on it.”

She knocked back the rum and swallowed, setting the empty glass on the table. Impressive.

She met his eyes. “So even if we had slept together last night, you were going to keep telling me you were descended from a pirate, not an actual pirate.”

He took a swig, his gaze locked on hers. “Would you have believed me?”

“No.” She shrugged. “Just wondering how long you would have lied to me.”

“I could ask you the same thing.”

She rolled her eyes. “I played you. There’s a difference.” She shrugged. “Besides that, was before our no lies between us deal.”

“I see this as more of an omission.” He finished off his drink and placed the glass beside hers. “In my defense, I’ve never told anyone who I really am. You’re the first.”

She raised a brow. “Are you saying I should feel…special?”

“Aye.” He cleared his throat. “I’ve never taken a bullet for anyone either, not even my crew.”

“Thanks for that.” A reluctant smile curved her lips as she met his eyes. “Pretty heroic for a pirate.”

He chuckled. “It’s less heroic when you’re certain you won’t die.”

“But you knew it would hurt.”

He nodded slowly. “True.”

She pinched her fingertips close together in the air. “It might’ve been a tiny bit heroic.”

Her dark eyes sparkled with the mischief he was growing much too fond of.

“Not bad for a pirate.” He admitted.”
20 likes