Start by marking “We Lost the Sky (Moonless, #1)” as Want to Read:
We Lost the Sky (Moonless, #1)

We Lost the Sky (Moonless, #1)

In the distant future when Tuscany is a desolate wasteland ruled by the forces of nature, Renn is abandoned by his fellow wanderers. As a dust storm approaches, he struggles to find shelter in the ruins of an ancient city. But he gets more than he has bargained for when he accidentally awakens a dormant creature which resembles the maddened Moon servants from his people’s ...more
Published February 28th 2019 by SPACEBOY BOOKS

To ask other readers questions about We Lost the Sky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about We Lost the Sky

Start your review of We Lost the Sky (Moonless, #1)
Anna
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
- Read more reviews like this one on my blog -

I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

I have a weakness for post apocalyptic stories so when I got the chance to read Marie Howalt’s We Lost the Sky I knew I just had to read it, and I was so excited to begin. And I really wasn’t disappointed.

In We Lost the Sky the moon is gone, and with it we lost the world as we know it. Parts of the lost civilisation still remains, but only as ruins or technology that most humans no lo
Kathy Joy
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Carefully paced and breathtakingly beautiful, We Lost the Sky is a post-apocalyptic tale which defies expectation in all the right places and will leave you feeling changed in ways you can’t explain.

The world is exquisitely crafted with a haunting but magnificent sense of isolation, which in turn makes the perfect backdrop for the characters’ determined fight for survival.

Each character is masterfully put together. Renn is the ‘lone wolf’ yet he is not unapproachable to either the reader or the
MisLuck
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the characters and how they slowly unravel during the read. I love the world which is not typical sci-fi world but something in between realistic and apocalyptic. I love the lore behind the world which is familiar so it feels like I could just travel there and wait but still so different that it's a whole another story told here.
It's brilliant in a way too that you can decide how light of a read it is. The story is good even as light read but the deeper one thinks the more it does reveal
Eva Therese
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Postapocalyptic fiction dealing with life five centuries after a world-ending cataclysm. Having the catastrophe not be about climate change or anything manmade is a bold choice in these days, but it frees up space because the story then doesn't have to be about whose fault it was, only how people are dealing with it.
And people are people, even five hundred years later. The cataclysm has become myths and legends. Advanced technology has become alien and therefore feared. People in the domed city
J.A. Waters
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“I think fixing the mess I made is the best remedy,” Luca mumbled.
“I’m afraid there will be none of that,” she retorted.
-Luca and Nanny

Luca is a teenager from the futuristic past, before the sky fell, but being a young man out of time does nothing to dampen his spirits. Teo is a young woman that anticipates a future with good friends and technological advances, but first she must face her father and the city he controls. Renn wanders a wasteland that used to be the Italian countryside, and all h
Emma
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5/5

I was sent this book earlier this year in exchange for a review and finally after much time I have finished it!

I really enjoyed reading every character’s different perspectives and the writing style was easy to follow and enjoyable. Each character had their own distinct mindsets that weren’t confusing or blending together; my personal favourites were Renn and Luca!

The setting was easily described and not too complex and I always enjoy that in a book, to me it’s important to get a setting
Booksiren
Jun 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Howalt tackles the aftermath of a devastating apocalyptic event marvelously in this debut work of genius.

A meteor strike on the moon has devasted Earth and the world is not even an echo of its original self. In this landscape, a teenager from the lost civilization, a young woman from the protected city of Florence, a vagrant trying to reunite with his group, and a sentinel, an artificial intelligence in a human body meet and set on a journey to find a purpose in a lost world. T

he story is told
Agnes
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

The book follows various characters in a post-apocalyptic Italy. The story was mainly positive and light-hearted, in spite of the post-apocalyptic setting.

I enjoyed the story, and liked the characters, although I didn't quite connect with any of them. I would have liked to get more emotionally involved with them, but overall I had a good time reading this book and I would definitely like to read more about the characters and this world.
Lasse Kjøbeløv
Ordblindhed + engelsk + stress = meget kombination🤷‍♀️

Bogen fortjener en genlæse i 2020!
Jeg fik nogle gode indblik i historien
Personer er var
Verden vi befandt os i Amazing
Men på en eller anden måde fangede jeg ikke hele historien :/
Havde glædet mig, men vi prøver igen i 2020!
Opgiver ikke bogen endnu!?
Natasja | natasjalovesbooks
Apr 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: gifted
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I enjoyed this story. I liked the setting and felt that Howalt had a strong sense of world-building. I liked the characters but felt a slight disconnect from them, mainly because their stories were told and not shown. The language was good though, the ending was cute, and overall I liked it.

Full review is up on my blog.
Lisa Risager
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really like this book, the characters, the language, the stories, but I want to know what happens next!
Nina Kongsdal
Apr 10, 2019 rated it liked it
3,5 stars
I really like the language, world-building, characters and humor. But something in the pacing of the story felt off. I would like to learn more about this world and the characters!
Angus Woodward
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Read this to find out how we'll all be living in the future!
Mass Mortensen
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Science Fiction at its best!
Zach
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pretty timely to have a book about future societies living in collapsing bubble-cities to escape worldwide catastrophe, isn't it? Regardless, We Lost The Sky is more than just a commentary on current events. It's a fully-realized world with vibrant, well-drawn characters whose voices are all unique. Remember in Chuck Palahniuk's 'Haunted' how there was an entire writing camp full of people who all sounded just like the author? That doesn't happen here.

Marie Howalt explores the world from several
Pam Jones

• Remind
  • Leech Girl Lives
  • To Another Abyss!
  • Lars Breaxface: Werewolf in Space
  • Phantom's Mask (Chronicles of Avilésor: War of the Realms #2)
  • False Front (Bishop Security #1)
  • The Retroactivist
  • A Feigned Madness
  • Some Laneys Died (Skipping Sideways #1)
  • Serum: A Disease-Free World Comes at a Deadly Cost
  • The Boy Behind the China Cabinet: A Memoir about Addiction, Hollywood, Mother Teresa and Me
  • BEAUTIFUL, FRIGHTENING, AND SILENT
  • The Consultant: A supernatural thriller
  • The Albatross Contact
  • The Connection
Marie Howalt was born and raised in a small North European kingdom called Denmark and started writing stories at the age of 11 after sucking the local library dry of science fiction and fantasy.
After graduating from the University of Copenhagen with a master’s degree in English studies and religion, Marie worked as a translator between English and Danish for years before sustaining an injury that