Start by marking “Sarinka: A Sephardic Holocaust Journey: From Yugoslavia to an Internment Camp in America” as Want to Read:

Sarinka, a true story about a young girl set in WWII is one of perseverance and survival. Her world is suddenly shattered when the running and hiding begin the very day she dreamed of her whole life, her wedding day. Sarinka and her husband face danger and uncertainty as they desperately try to save their lives, but no matter how tough life gets, Sarinka and her husband ne ...more
Paperback, First, 206 pages
Published February 1st 2019 by FLC Publisher

To ask other readers questions about Sarinka, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sarinka

Jaime
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An incredible story. Beautifully written. Such an important part of history to tell about. Perfect for young adults to introduce to this horrendous period in time.
Karen Tintori
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sarinka is an evocative family memoir detailing the rarely heard Sephardic Jewish experience during the Shoah. What began as a daughter’s hunger to faithfully recount as a family heirloom her parents’ unique story of great love and great loss at the hands of the Nazis is now a gift to us all. With fastidious attention to detail and to history, Linda Cohen immerses us in the twists, turns, terrors and daily miracles of her hastily wed parents’ harrowing flight from their homes, their families, an ...more
Karen
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Couldn’t put it down. Such an important historical accounting of a time and place during the Holocaust that has been overlooked for too long. Highly recommend reading this book. Well written, compelling story.
sally reid
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

This memoir was a hard one to put down! It was very well written and had a lot of detail regarding the authors journey across Europe.
Sarah B White
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Informative

I found this book last night, bought it, and began reading it immediately. I just could not put it down. I was disturbed that the world stood by as the Nazis attempted to exterminate an entire race of people. I wept for the loss. I finished high school and began college in the late '60s. It amazes me that this information was not included in our instruction at either instructional level.
Judy Garver
Sep 03, 2019 rated it did not like it
This book is really well written, and I am so glad that Linda made sure she had recorded her parents' story before they passed away. This story should never be forgotten that is for sure.
Annzadoff