Start by marking “Watch Out” as Want to Read:
Watch Out

Watch Out

Fifteen-year-old Charlie stays home from school so he can help his older brother, Tom, who is in a hip-to-toe cast after breaking his leg in a football game. When not waiting on his brother hand and foot, Charlie investigates a series of break-ins that have the whole neighborhood on edge. Things really hit home when Charlie nearly catches the thief and then foils an attemp ...more
Published August 27th 2019 by Orca Book Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Watch Out, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Watch Out

Start your review of Watch Out
PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
***Thanks to NetGalley for providing me a complimentary copy of WATCH OUT by Alison Hughes in exchange for my honest review.***

WATCH OUT is an engaging mystery that will appeal to middle grade and reluctant young adult readers, particularly those who enjoy male protagonists. Though the main character is in high school, I can see kids as young as ten loving plucky Charlie.

Alison Hughes gave Charlie a wonderful, humorous voice. His good natured disposition and smarts will have readers cheering him
Teresa
Dec 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-read
My daughter is more of a picky reader than a reluctant reader after I read and recommended this book to her,

Charlie is stuck at home assisting his brother who is recovering from a broken leg. In his neighborhood houses are being broken into and the cops have no evidence to catching the thief. Since he is bored he decides to figure it out himself.

From researching I found a reluctant reader is someone who struggles to read a book thus this publisher is reducing words making it easier for them to
Claire
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This would be a really excellent book for reluctant readers. It's awesome that Orca Soundings specializes in this sort of book. It reads for the younger side of Young Adult - I think the age recommendation of 12 and up is spot on. This was a quick read with lots of excitement. The mystery was really easy to solve, but of course I'm an adult reader so I don't know how a kid would feel about it, but I'm guessing they could solve it quickly too. Kids are smarter than people give them credit for.

Cha
Barbra
Apr 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Stuck at home looking after his older brother who has a broken leg Charlie starts to learn about several break ins around his neighbourhood. As he investigates he finds his own home a target. He eventually puts the pieces together. An easy to ready mystery for reluctant readers.
Valary
Oct 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Hi/low with easy access and a slight mystery about multiple neighborhood break-ins and a self-appointed teen investigator
Nina Elena
Nov 16, 2019 rated it did not like it
Boo. Written for sixth graders. It actually was. So more my fault for expecting to not be able to solve the mystery within the first five pages.
Rossy
is currently reading it
Mar 17, 2020
Danielle
Apr 16, 2020

• A Time of Blood (Of Blood and Bone, #2)
  • Wilder Girls
  • Twisted Twenty-Six (Stephanie Plum, #26)
  • Field Notes on Love
  • Look Both Ways: A Tale Told in Ten Blocks
  • They Called Us Enemy
  • Gravity
  • Pumpkinheads
  • Laura Dean Keeps Breaking Up with Me
  • Cry Silent Tears: The Horrific True Story of the Mute Little Boy in the Cellar
  • These Witches Don't Burn (These Witches Don't Burn, #1)
  • Sulwe