Start by marking “Treasure” as Want to Read:
Treasure

Treasure

When two siblings go on a treasure hunt, they aren't sure exactly what kind of treasure they are looking for. What they do know is that treasures are shiny, mysterious and precious. And that all the really good treasures are hidden!

As they explore the forest, their curiosity pays off when they find the biggest, shiniest, most mysterious and precious treasure hidden just ov
Published September 10th 2019 by Orca Book Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Treasure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Treasure

Mel (Epic Reading)
Beautiful artwork and lots of colour is found in Mireille Messier's children's book Treasure. A good length for a bedtime story and doesn't have any huge moments that might over excite children for a nap or sleep read.

Unfortunately I didn't love the content of this story. A little girl goes looking for treasure and asks her mother many times if something from nature is the 'treasure'. Things like a flower, rock, etc. Eventually the 'treasure' is a hidden, special waterfall. I didn't really like
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
One person's treasure is just another piece of stuff to someone else. This book has the reader looking through the eyes of two children who are trying to find a treasure. When my grandson and I go for a walk to the park, he is constantly picking things up and putting them in his pocket. When he comes home he has lots of treasure, but there are also lots of treasures he can't pick up and put in his pockets. In Treasure, we meet a girl and her little brother out on a treasure hunt. They make their ...more
Etienne
May 02, 2019 rated it did not like it
Unfortunately I can,t say I like this one. The illustrations weren't my style but I'll admit they have a little something in them! For me it was the story and the message it contain that is just way too empty to be worth it. Big deception!
Stephanie
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To a child, treasure is the most wonderful thing. On a typical day walking around your own neighbourhood your little one might find pockets and pockets of treasure to bring home to share. An interesting leaf here, a shiny stone there, an acorn under, a feather over, all of these things are treasures to eyes full of wonder. In the magical book Treasure by Mireille Messier and Irene Luxbacher we meet a couple of siblings out on a treasure hunt. They make their way through the backcountry and throu ...more
Elizabeth Seibel
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you #netgalley for giving me a copy of #Treasure to review. The illustrations are gorgeous! I could look at them all day and find new things each time. The story is about two sisters on a journey to find a treasure. I liked that the dialogue was what I would expect to hear from my kids at home. It is a book I would definitely buy for my classroom and my home.
Aubrey Marie
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
This was a short adorable book about two kids on an adventure to find treasure. The illustrations are beautiful and it it a fun story.
Raymond Library
May 11, 2019 rated it liked it
The writing style of this book reminds me of one of my favorites: No Yeti Yet by Mary Ann Fraser. The book really encourages kids to go outside on an adventure to find whatever they deem to be treasure.
Helena#bookdreamer
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you Netgalley for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
This was short, lovely storybook about two girls looking for a treasure within their natural surroundings. Eventually they find it and it's beautifully unexpected. Great book for toddlers.
Pam
May 11, 2019 rated it liked it
I received an electronic ARC from Orca Book Publishers through NetGalley.
A delightful hunt by two siblings. The older proposes a treasure hunt and the younger agrees. After the younger presents several interesting items from nature, they finally find the treasure the oldest was seeking - a waterfall creating a rainbow in the sunlight.
Messier uses two fonts to show which sibling is speaking which helps a younger reader follow the story. The illustrations are full of hidden details for readers to
Kirsten
May 27, 2019
Mireille Messier
Mar 16, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Jane