Start by marking “May We Have Enough to Share” as Want to Read:
May We Have Enough to Share

May We Have Enough to Share

Award-winning author Richard Van Camp wrote this book to express his gratitude for all that surrounds him and his family. The strength of their connections, the nature that provides for them, the love that is endless. Complemented by photos from photographers who celebrate their own gratefulness on the collective blog Tea & Bannock, the simple verse in May We Have ...more
Board Book, 24 pages
Published October 1st 2019 by Orca Book Publishers

To ask other readers questions about May We Have Enough to Share, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about May We Have Enough to Share

Start your review of May We Have Enough to Share
La Coccinelle
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, children, netgalley
This is a lovely little board book. I first encountered Van Camp's work in Little You , another simple picture book for toddlers. May We Have Enough to Share combines sweet sentiments of gratitude and love with beautiful photographs from tea&bannock , a collective blog of indigenous women photographers.

The text is simple yet profound, and little ones will probably love looking at the photos of babies, children, and families (some of them are really lovely). This would be a nice addition to
Shannon Rochester
Jul 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Many thanks to Netgalley for allowing me to read this book in exchange for an unbiased opinion.

This is a beautiful book that incorporates sayings about gratitude and includes beautiful photographs of people to go along with the sayings. The simple messages in the book are meant to remind us all to be thankful for what we have within us that can be easily shared with others.

It is a book for children and what it has to say is simple but profound. These are words that we all need to hear every now
Elizabeth
This is fine.

It's simple and brief and nothing blew me away -- except I loved the open-mouthed baby facing "May the success and joy we see inspired our own dreams and wishes."

I did really appreciate "Photographs provided by members of Tea & Bannock, a collective blog by Indigenous women photographers."
Kathy
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a beautiful board book incorporating sayings by Richard Van Camp about gratitude with photographs by a collective of indigenous women. So very dear, I read it four times before putting it down, each reading bringing something else to my attention.

May we all have enough to share, and may we share it!

Many thanks to NetGalley and Orca Book Publishers for allowing me to read an ARC of this charming board book in exchange for an unbiased opinion.
Ames Public Library Youth Services
Gorgeous with amazing photographs by Indigenous women photographers, this book will make you tear up and want to cuddle a child tight! The poetic text asks for all the things people want to share, from food to love.

This would make a wonderful book to read for bedtime, or if you want to show thankfulness and gratitude that many of the things mentioned in the book are free. This book would also make an excellent gift to celebrate adding a child to a family.

Simply beautiful.

-dmz
Barbra
May 01, 2019 rated it liked it
The simple messages in this book remind us all to be thankful for the things in life that we have within us that can be easily shared with everyone around us. A mini book about life and love and family.
Elizabeth
This board book is incredibly sweet. The pictures will melt your heart, and the words are the kind we would all do to remember.

Definitely recommended!
S
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Real photos for illustrations. Gloriously lovely book that reads almost like a prayer. Would be an excellent addition to Thanksgiving displays.
Tracie
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Babytime - images from Indigenous women's photographers
Emma
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Stunning.
Celeste
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great for sharing with babies and toddlers. Beautiful photographs.
Katelynne
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful photography from Tea & Bannock, and the words are also lovely. This is a heartwarming, mindful board book. I love that it features indigenous families, too.
Kris Dersch
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: board-book, kidslit
This was gorgeous. I LOVED the pictures and the sentiment was beautiful. Not overdone, just a gorgeous addition to any baby/toddler library or storytime.
Chinook
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: indigenous, kids, canada
This is a lovely book with such a great set of messages. And the photography is wonderful - such a lovely set of photos of children and families.
Tasha Nins

• My Papi Has a Motorcycle
  • The Girl and the Dinosaur
  • Another
  • The Way Home For Wolf
  • Are Your Stars Like My Stars?
  • Small in the City
  • The Women Who Caught The Babies: A Story of African American Midwives
A Dogrib (Tlicho) Dene from Fort Smith, NWT, Richard Van Camp is an internationally renowned storyteller and best-selling author. He is the author of the novel, The Lesser Blessed, a collection of short stories, Angel Wing Splash Pattern, and two childrens books with Cree artist, George Littlechild. His new baby book: Welcome Song for Baby: A Lullaby for Newborns is the official selection of the ...more

News & Interviews