Start by marking “Benevolent” as Want to Read:
Benevolent

Benevolent

A story about the purpose of life, the healing power of fandom, and the resilience of the human spirit.

Tormented by the in-crowd at school on a daily basis, there were two things that gave fifteen-year-old Abigail Perkins the strength to keep going—her best friend, Danny Cobb; and her favorite television show, Supernatural. But the night Danny’s mother calls to say that
Published February 2nd 2019 by Dream Waters Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Benevolent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Benevolent

Heather
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
(This review will be on my blog All the Ups and Downs soon.)
I first heard of Benevolent by Erin A. Jensen through the blogging community. It sounded very interesting especially the more I heard about it. When an opportunity to review Benevolent came about, I jumped at the chance. Although Benevolent does mention the television show Supernatural throughout the book, you don't have to be a fan of Supernatural or know anything about the show to enjoy this novel. I will admit that I've only seen a
Sally Lindsay-briggs
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There are many books with a "Benevolent" title but this one is quite unique.
Abigail is a lonely, isolated child with no friends except Danny, who dies very young from cancer. Her world crashes but there is an angel who appears and gives great comfort. He appears several times and changes the course of her life. She is inspired to make a difference in the life of others and to pursue goodness. You have to read the book to see what she does.
We need to read more books like this!
A very well told tal
Jessica Bronder
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is Abigail Perkins’ story. We start as she is older and looking back on her life. Then we immerse ourselves in fifteen year old Abigail’s life. School sucks and the only things that motivate Abigail is the series Supernatural and her best friend Danny Cobb. But Danny is dying from cancer and Abigail is broken when his mother tells her this and doesn’t allow her to see him one last time. Abigail goes to bed crying about her situation but wakes with Castiel is standing over her bed.

I have se
Debby (Alwaysbooking)
It’s hard to write a review for a book that had you ugly crying within the first two chapters. I have previously devoured the first three books in Erin A. Jensen’s Dream Water series so when she approached me about reading something of hers that was different, a book that all the proceeds go to charity, how could I say no?

This book has a lot of basis back to the show Supernatural, I for one have never seen the show at all and did not feel left out at all. There is also a pretty kick butt playlis
Kate
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend this book! This is a beautiful story about a woman looking back through her life. The characters were well developed and I really connected with their experiences and emotions. I have never read a book before that had a playlist to listen to while you read, and I absolutely loved that.
Brandi Huntley
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tearjerker

I very rarely (maybe 10 or 15 books in my life) cry while reading. About the last 5 chapters of this book had me bawling. If you're a Castiel fan, or a Supernatural fan that likes a quick read or a good playlist, give this one a shot.
Truly
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Benevolent by Erin A. Jensen is a heartfelt story of a woman who is reflecting on her past. A story that pulls you in and hold your attention until the end. The characters are well developed, realistic, and relatable. You are sure to connect with them through their emotions or experiences. Jensen as written a wonderful story that is sure to take you on a roller coaster of emotions. Benevolent is a lovely read that I highly recommend.
Lucy Takeda
4.5 for Supernatural devotees, 3.5 for not. Each chapter is tied into a piece of music, which is fairly awesome. I’m fairly sure every heterosexual woman imagines at some time that she is the Guinevere to Lancelot, or that one woman for Spock, etc. I’m pretty sure I missed several connections, because I’ve watched each episode of Supernatural only once, in most cases. An excellent novel if you’re into doomed romances.
Cindy Halstead
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic story

I thoroughly enjoyed listening to the playlist along with each chapter. The songs brought an added element of enjoyment in reading this book. I couldn't put it down. Have tissues nearby, you will cry.
Christine Vanneel
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book, easy read, for a great cause
Jasmine
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Benevolent is probably the most emotional book I've read all year.
Within minutes of starting the story, I was bawling like a baby. And it just keeps up throughout the rest of the book. It's so good.

Benevolent follows Abigail Perkins as she goes through life and discovers the true power of faith. The story mainly focuses on Abigail as an old woman preparing to leave the mortal realm, and it's told in flashbacks from her childhood up until the very end. It details her friendship with a boy named
June Sherman
Dale Wilken
Shirley
Jul 30, 2019
RABT Book Tours: Benevolent by Erin A. Jensen 1 1 Apr 29, 2019 03:40AM
Erin Jensen is the Amazon International bestselling author of The Dream Waters Series. She was awarded the Bronze Medal for fantasy fiction in the 2018 Readers’ Favorite international book award competition. She also received Honorable Mention for fantasy fiction in the 2018 Writer’s Digest self-published e-book awards.

A part-time pharmacist and a full-time creator of imaginary worlds, Erin lives