Start by marking “The Beautiful Side of the Moon” as Want to Read:
The Beautiful Side of the Moon

The Beautiful Side of the Moon

What would happen if God forgot who he was?
Drawing on age-old African story-telling traditions, modern science-fiction and contemporary thriller writing, award-winning Nigerian author Leye Adenle (Easy Motion Tourist, When Trouble Sleeps) conjures up an entirely new way of seeing the world.
The central character, Osaterin, thinks he is just a modest IT guy livin
Published February 21st 2019 by Hoatzin

To ask other readers questions about The Beautiful Side of the Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Beautiful Side of the Moon

Start your review of The Beautiful Side of the Moon
Kelly Van Damme
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
The story starts out with an everyday main character in everyday Nigerian life, until it suddenly isn’t so everyday anymore: IT guy Osaretin receives a mysterious letter that speaks of magic and magicians. But when he wants to show it to his friends and this gorgeous woman he’s just met and wants to impress, the page is blank. Before Osaretin knows what hit him, he’s caught up in this whirlwind of men in black and Brother Moses with a snake in his hair and turning back time. Also: I will never a ...more
Cassandra MADEUP BookBlog
This was so much fun to read! It had so many things going for it, and was certainly that bit different. I adore Fantasy books, especially those with a bit of a difference.

I really enjoyed this authors writing style, which had that little bit of a hint of new. There’s just that extra something to the way the story is told that makes you fall in love, with the tone of the story, the flow and everything between.

The characters were certainly unique, and at times hilarious. Th
HardingBookPublishing
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Blown away by this book. Its so thought provoking, really made me question the world. Osaretin is a very likeable character. Hope to read more by Leye Adenle.
Rosemarie
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Tanks to Anne Cater of Random Things Tours and to Leye for a copy of the book for the tour.

My review of this book will be available on my blog Monday 8th April 2019
Cheryl M-M
Apr 18, 2019 rated it liked it
If I had to make a comparison, which many don't like or agree with, however I feel sometimes comparisons help to explain certain reading experiences. It isn't about suggesting an author is equal to or the same as an author with a better known writing career, well for me it isn't. Sometimes it helps to show correlation between ideas, styles and creativity, in this case because the story may divide opinions.

Saying all of that, for me this definitely had a Gaiman and American Gods vibe
Rachel Bridgeman
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: april-2019
This book has a strong resemblance to Neil Gaiman’s ‘American Gods’ and I make that comparison as a compliment!

It is grand wothout being whimsical, totally present in its Lagos setting yet timeless and universal, strong in its masculine narrative yet does not neglect or minimise the women in the story.

Melding old gods with new stories, Leye has created something truly memorable that sweeps you away and enriches you with that experience. I don’t want to reveal too much, bu
Stephen Baird
First off before my ramble gets into overdrive I want to say that I read this book in one sitting, it actively forced me to sit there and read it until I was finished.

A mixture of sci-fi, psychedelia, high-magic, street-magic, hallucination fever, and as vivid an imagination as I’ve read for a long time. I could compare it to some of the more out-there sci-fi of the sixties, Jeff Noon and a raft of others but it seems to take all those comparisons and shrugs them off to become an ori
Ugo Eziashi
Mar 19, 2019
Mwongeli
Apr 03, 2019
Giles Hussein
rated it did not like it
Mar 28, 2019
ceejay
May 25, 2019
Chiebuka
The Plot <<<<<

Wow. I’m still not sure what this book is about. I found the characters underdeveloped and the plot all over the place. I had high hopes for this book. Unfortunately, it was a letdown :(
Gasparde

• Turbulent Wake
  • Killerinstinkt
  • Bird Therapy
  • The Ten Thousand Doors of January
  • Blood Song (Emily Roy & Alexis Castells #3)
  • The Lies We Tell
  • Kureren
  • The Way of All Flesh
  • Wanderers
  • Tainted Love (Soho Noir, #1)
  • Turning Darkness Into Light
  • Come Back to Me (Seal Island, #3)
  • The Falling Sword (Clash of Empires #2)
Leye Adenle is a Nigerian writer. He has written a number of short stories and flash fiction pieces. Leye has appeared on stage in London in plays including Ola Rotimi’s Our Husband Has Gone Mad Again. He comes from a family of writers, the most famous of whom was his grandfather, Oba Adeleye Adenle I, a former king of Oshogbo in South West Nigeria. He lives in London.