Start by marking “Followed by Thunder (Songs of the Amaranthine #2)” as Want to Read:
Followed by Thunder (Songs of the Amaranthine #2)

(Songs of the Amaranthine #2)

One sister, a pure light that beckons, the other, a fierce light that burns.
Fira and her sister are chased out of another village. Fleeing on foot across the empty moors, they’re caught by a storm that roars like the monsters ever in pursuit. But the wind changes and the thundering brings a stampede of defenders who carry them off to a secret place. Where mares dance
Published May 4th 2019 by Twinkle Press

To ask other readers questions about Followed by Thunder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Followed by Thunder

Start your review of Followed by Thunder (Songs of the Amaranthine #2)
Sarah Nutter
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Beginning

In this story we hear the tale that starts on of the most famous families in Inbetween history. The main couple fit well together in an awkward almost-adolescent way. They are cute and I just wanted to shout to each one that the other feels the same. Like I said, they are awkward but in the most adorable and sweet way. All in all, a great read.
Chris
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Margaret
The Song of the Amaranthine short stories are terrific because they provide backstory for the world of the Amaranthine, showing what happened many years before our story begins.

Followed by Thunder shows early horses, rabbits, and humans. The horses are both shapeshifters and can fly (when they are old enough. Foals don't fly, which would be a nightmare for their caregivers). Shapeshifting and flying are very useful magical abilities to have.

I especially enjoy the Amaranthine world because of the
Maria
May 07, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, series, romance
Rescued by a Horse Clan, Fira and her sister, wait for the bad things to find them. But maybe this time, they've found a place that can accept them?

Why I started this book: Forthright is a gentle fantasy/paranormal author and I love her imaginative take on magic.

Why I finished it: Quick, delightful read. It is fun to get the story of the first reavers and Amaranthine.
Janna Moore
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lovely take of two sisters struggling to find a place to fit in. One a beacon the other a protector, they have little understanding of who they are and their true purpose in life. Read along as they are taken in by the Horse clan and the Rabbit clan of the Amaranthine. Deftly written coming of age take woven in the myth of the Amaranthine in the time before humans knew of their existence.
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy these insights into how the Amaranthine came to organize and everything. Although some spots where the very humans were put into situations where the amaranthine were more prone to physical touch than the humans were used to, felt awkward. But I liked how the rest paned out and the introduction to new cultures.
Christine Stewart
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful as always

This was a wonderful novella. I really enjoyed the interaction between Fira and Riker, good character development and it’s always fun to see more of the Amaranthine world.
Kathy Martin
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Second story in Amaranthine world. Fira and Lufu are sisters who are being chased by monsters when they are rescued by people from the horseclan. There they are taught to use the crystals and Fira falls in love with Colt Ricker.
Nii
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully crafted

Always a pleasure to read any of Forthright’s books. There are so many different magical cultures that I am left surprised by the amount of creativeness. Also, so far I love them all. Thanks for writing!
Joanne Watkins USA
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet

Another sweet short story that acts as a prequel to the world Forthright has created. This you could read without the others but it is enhanced by knowing this world.
Shannon
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ensnaring

This was so good I didn't want to put it down for any reason! I can't wait for the next one!
Fides Mabanta
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lovely

I very much enjoyed this installment of Songs of the Amaranthine! Forthy’s mixture of delicate + deep will always hit the spot for me
Lydia Porter
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Short but delightful

A nice story about new beginnings and old strengths. The person you help may be the person you need in the future.

Michelle
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

Another wonderful book from the amaranthine world by Forthright. Thoroughly loving this world and each book leaves me eagerly awaiting the next!
Dix
It's Forthright you folks, and as usual its beautiful, well written and leaving you with a happy feeling and a sense of fulfillment ;)
Erica Barnes
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fairy-tales, fantasy
Another sweet story!

I love jumping into the history of the reavers and the Amaranthine. These will always be an auto-buy for me.
Leslie Sexton
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Charming

This is the second short story in her Amaranthine saga. These are filling in the background story before the Amaranthine became known. They are well written and the stories always leave me wanting more. This one tells us more about the horse and rabbit clans and more about the beginning of Reavers. There is also a sweet romance. No spoilers. Enjoy the story. It took me under 2 hours to read it.
lesly delucia
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Two thumbs up!

Another reason to follow the songs! Great melody and hope that more follow. Don't worry about the order of books. These stand on their own.
Keith
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another lovely, cute, enjoyable tale within the Amaranthine World
Krista
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another stellar story by Forthright about a beautiful world where intimacy is embraced rather than shunned. I find it really hits home with me as these characters actually crave someones soul and there may be no sexual passion, just the craving to be with this person that feeds your soul. There is affection without shame.
Its a different type of intimacy, being drawn to who they are inside with no care about what the look like on the outside.
I have felt it with someone, the compulsion to just be
Anita
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really liked this novella. It's a folktale, or maybe ancient backstory, that relates to a modern fantasy world. It's an origin story for the magical humans who are entwined with the shifter community. Specifically, the origin of the Wards, the people who work with magic-infused stones. There are 2 sisters saved by horse shifters who join their peaceful community and spark a line of powerful magic humans. They also fight a couple dragons.
Kelley
Becky Helterbran
Jul 07, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Merge 2 16 Feb 06, 2019 08:10AM

• Magic Outside the Box (The Case Files of Henri Davenforth, #3)
  • Charms and Death and Explosions (oh my!) (Case Files of Henri Davenforth, #2)
  • Magic and the Shinigami Detective (The Case Files of Henri Davenforth, #1)
  • Burn, Baby, Burn (A Magical Romantic Comedy (with a body count), #8)
  • Sweep with Me (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4.5)
  • The Queen's Advantage (Rogue Queen, #2)
  • Imagineer (The Imagineer Series Book 1)
  • Sweep of the Blade (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4)
  • Aurora Blazing (Consortium Rebellion, #2)
  • Hypnos (Seeking the Zodiacs #1)
  • Sapphire Flames (Hidden Legacy, #4)
  • Tomes Apprentice (The Tomes of Kaleria Book 1)
  • Dark Matters (Class 5, #4)
  • The Wind's Call (The Broken Lands, #4)
  • Bonds (Royal States, #6)
  • Remnants (Familiar and Mage #3)
  • Echoes (The Familiar and the Mage Book 4)
  • Emergence (From the Embers Book 1)
A teller of tales who began as a fandom ficcer. Known for page-turning adventures with romantic inclinations, forthy brings her usual warmth and enthusiasm into brand new avenues with original works like the Amaranthine Saga.

As a reader, this account is where I rate and review manga.

Songs of the Amaranthine (3 books)
  • Marked by Stars (Songs of the Amaranthine, #1)
  • Dragged through Hedgerows (Songs of the Amaranthine, #3)