Start by marking “Jailmates (Maxim Colonies, #1)” as Want to Read:
Jailmates (Maxim Colonies, #1)

Jailmates

(Maxim Colonies #1)

(Maxim Colonies book #1, MM, sci-fi, 102k words)

This wasn’t in the contract.

Simon Quigley had no idea what to expect when he agreed to do this for the money, but the eight-foot-tall pink alien isn’t what he was expecting. For starters, Simon’s straight.

And Mohrn isn’t a girl.

The contract? It’s unbreakable.

It’s going to be a long five years…

To ask other readers questions about Jailmates, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jailmates

Lyn
Rachel Emily
WOW. I LOVED this book!

Simon has finished his military service and he's trying to figure out what to do with his life. He finds a job listing that seems too good to be true - surely there's gotta be a catch. He finds out that his intended is not female - this species uses gender neutral pronouns, similar to they/them - and that he will be on the receiving end of physical acts, something he wasn't prepared for. But Simon jumps into the role 100% committed and discovers that not only is Mohrn swee
Melanie
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It has been a long time since I have read a sci-fi book and have thoroughly enjoyed it. I like books that take me through a myriad of emotions and still have a HEA. The beings and the planets were described in detail and were believable. You only have to have an imagination.
This is the story of Simon- a human who is getting out of the military and needs to find a good paying job to support his mom and sister and put them through school. It was a promise he made to his dying father and Simon is
cynthisizing
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: aliens, sci-fi
Unpopular opinion tiiiime.

Ok. I thought this would be up my alley but the constant misgendering of Mohrn was insufferable. You’re married & love each other but you can’t fucking get their pronouns right? I really need cis people to stop.

Perhaps it’s my fault for assuming this would be alien-fucking erotica with a solid plot but most scenes fade to black. The scenes about contracts are more detailed & lovingly crafted than the sex scenes. Something about Simon was deeply annoying to me
Kristinmarie
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read. I love the way the characters interact with each other Simon and the Dr. and how they learn to trust each other and then Simon to Mohrn. How a mistaken appearance can help you in the long run. I love that there is such a connection between the main characters and wrongs to be righted. All in all a book that will have to be reread.
Lara
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

Unique. A whole new universe, a whole new constellation of alien races. The discovery of love in the strangest situations and unexpected people. Love is Love, no matter what shape it takes, as long as everyone is adult and consenting. There was even a brief reference to tentacles. Although neither MC have them. I totally enjoyed this book and really look forward to the next one in the series.
Angie
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing book that stayed with me for several days after I finished it! The world building is extensive and quickly drew me into the story. Simon is looking forward to leaving the military but is at loose ends trying to decide what to do next. A bunkmate shares a job site with him and Simon is intrigued with a picture of Mohrn, a Pfahrn who needs help getting through a prison sentence. The significant paycheck, as well as the look he sees in Mohrn's eyes, causes Simon to throw caution ...more
Kristi
I really like how much we are inside the head of the human male main character. It's good to see how he progresses in his feelings and emotions. Simon is a young man getting out of the military, just trying to figure out what to do next with his life so he can take care of his mom and sister. Simon has a strong drive to care for family.

Simon ends up contracting with a corporation to help them do research into the bonds developed by a species called the Pfarhn. It means he needs to be the contrac
Amy
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-them
4.5 stars. Another great read by “Tymber Dalton” aka Lesli Richardson. I already loved blurb of this book, but as soon as I knew that Lesli was Tymber, I immediately bought because I loved her other sci-fi alien MM book! And I wasn’t disappointed either! This was just so good and I am definitely going to be on the lookout for more Maxim Colonies books in the future. These guys stole my heart and I was very happy that they got their HEA.
Jennifer Lavoie
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A jewel of a find

I stumbled on this book by accident and once I started I couldn’t stop. I love the world building and the characters. Simon and Mohrn are well developed characters and I loved all the detail that went into building the biology of the Pfarn. I guess I’m a nerd like that.

I really can’t wait for the next book in the series! I hope it’s more with Simon and Mohrn and their growing family.
Lauren
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Surprisingly good

I’ve never really read m/m, much less alien m/m, and I’m new to this author so I didn’t know what to expect with this book. The characters are interesting and easy to love. The story’s science is wild and complex, but well explained. And the relationship development is adorable. I fully recommend this book as an emotional romance read, but not as a hot read (since it didn’t do anything for me on that front).
Ross
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I hope there will be another.

This was the first book for me by this author and I was pleasantly surprised. For me the first three quarters of the book was better then the last quarter which is why I gave it four instead of five stars. But, the storyline was strong and had an interesting premise. I would recommend.
Macleisha
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really good

Loved this book. Took almost half the book before the protagonists met, but it was worth it. I enjoyed the build up. I’m looking forward to more in the series.
Jennifer Erwin
David Erickson
Apr 17, 2019
SnugglyReader
Apr 13, 2019
Lesli Richardson is the writer behind the curtain of her better-known pen name, Tymber Dalton (her "wild child" side). She lives in the Tampa Bay region of Florida with her husband, writer Jon Dalton, (aka "The World's Best Husband™") and too many pets. When she's not playing D&D with her friends or shooting skeet, she's a part-time Viking shield-maiden in training, among other pursuits. The U ...more

Maxim Colonies (2 books)
  • Farborn (Maxim Colonies, #2)