Start by marking “A Texas Kind of Christmas” as Want to Read:
A Texas Kind of Christmas

A Texas Kind of Christmas

It’s Christmas Eve, 1859, and everyone who’s anyone is headed to the glorious St. Nicholas Hotel for the most talked about ball of the season. It’s the kind of Texas night where anything can happen—even love . . .

ONE NIGHT AT THE ST. NICHOLAS

New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Jodi Thomas

To escape her stepmother’s plot to marry her off, Texas heiress Jacqueline
Published October 29th 2019 by Kensington

To ask other readers questions about A Texas Kind of Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Texas Kind of Christmas

Start your review of A Texas Kind of Christmas
Lee
A Texas Kind of Christmas is three separate stories by three different authors, published in the one book. They all have the same time and place setting, St Nicholas Hotel in Dallas 1859. Each story also uses the grand ball which is held on Christmas Eve at the hotel. Unfortunately, however, this is the limit of the Christmas theme.

I think I whinge about this every time I read what is marketed as a Christmas themed book - the fact that there is usually a tenuous connection to the season. And
Stephanie Jenkins Ortiz Cerrillo
Put it on my "want to read" shelf!
Tonya Lucas
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jodi Thomas is a master at penning historical westerns,
the words simply melt off the pages right into your heart.
Ms. Thomas has the most unique way of telling a story and weaving romance through her readers very soul.

Ms. Jacqueline must select a man to marry or her inheritance will be forfeited. Her evil stepmom, Margaret, has had all she can take of Jacqueline’s presence on The Double H.
Her dad has sweetened the pot for any man who will wed his daughter, a dowry of land and cattle to be given
Cathy Geha
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Texas Kind of Christmas by Jodi Thomas, Celia Bonaduce and Rachel Miles

Centered around a famous Christmas Ball at the Saint Nicholas Hotel in Dallas, Texas these three stories with romance for five couples and happily ever endings kept me reading eagerly wanting each couple to find their happily ever after. The stories were heartwarming and compelling and I enjoyed each and every one of them. Note: When I read a book and would like to have the characters be my friends or BE the characters or
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
Dallas wasn't always the bustling metropolis area I know today, and a look back to 1859 sheds new light on how small of a town it really was in the mid-1800s.

I was fascinated by the history of the hotel and I like that the authors chose to center their stories around a real hotel. I always like reading the notes at the end of a book that talks about the inspiration for the story especially when it is an actual location or real people. I may live in the DFW area but that doesn't mean I know all
Kathryn
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Texas Kind of Christmashas three novellas by three authors. They are loosely linked by place and year. The first is by Jodi Thomas, and here we are taken to the Texas frontier with a mixture of ranchers, lawmen, supposed outlaws, hotel staff and a young woman about to choose her husband. She has a wealthy father who just wants to see her married off and happy, but her step mother has nasty intentions. She eventually makes her choice as does Katie one of the hotel maids.

Birdie's Flightby Celia
Missy Jane
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not only were these three stories beautifully written, they provided a glimpse into Texas history I was unaware of. I loved all three stories and ache to know more.
Mike
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As an anthology, A Texas Kind of Christmas is a heartwarming and enjoyable read. There are three separate stories, written by three separate authors, yet these stories definitely belong in the same book. Why? I’ll get to that.

This book is not as “Christmasy” as most books with Christmas in the title. Each story is set in 1859 during the weeks (or days) leading up to Christmas. All of these stories are all Texas! That, alone, is reason enough for me to enjoy the book, but wait! There’s more!

I don
Lynn Poppe
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Anthologies for me give more for the buck, with multiple stories in each collection. A Texas Kind of Christmas is even more special. Each distinct story shares a theme of Christmas love and setting of a ball at the St. Nicholas hotel. The hotel and its employees link the whole book together. The heroines of all three stories are self-rescuing; the heroes are the type of men who would easily fit into a Hallmark movie.
One Night at the St. Nicholas by Jodi Thomas: One Night is two sweet love at
Jenn Belden
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I received an advanced copy via NetGalley. All opinions are my own.* Set in the early days of Dallas at Christmastime, this trio of historical fiction romances share a common thread - the St. Nicholas Hotel. Each story in this anthology features a fiesta heroine and a swoon-worthy hero - and each has a distinctly different feel. All three stories quickly drew me in and kept me turning pages.

Jodi Thomas kicks things off with her story "One Night at the St. Nicholas." I confess, I'm not
Margie
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Texas Kind of Christmas is a collection of three novellas by Jodi Thomas, Celia Bomaduce and Rachel Miles. Each of these authors has their own distinct voice which leads to a very interesting read. I totally enjoyed all three stories! Also I love this cover. It's one of my favorite covers this year.

In One Night at the St. Nicholas by Jodi Thomas Texas heiress, Jacqueline Hartman meets and falls in love with Nathaniel Ward. Nathaniel Ward has been falsely accused of a bank robbery. Jacqueline
Anne
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Texas Kind of Christmas is an anthology of three novellas all woven around the Christmas Eve Ball at the St Nicholas Hotel in a very young Dallas, Texas. Three separate stories by Jodi Thomas, Celia Bonaduce, and Rachael Miles, with mentions of characters from each other's stores, but really totally independent of one another. It is Christmas 1859 and Cody Lamar is on his way to town to offer marriage to a woman he has seen only a couple of times in his life. Love does not enter into it. His ...more
Donna (More Than a Review)
A Texas Kind of Christmas includes three stories that are set in 1859 Dallas, at the St. Nicholas Hotel. What makes it even more special is when you realize that Sara, the owner of the St. Nicholas hotel was a real person. Her story is fascinating.

My favorite was One Night at the St. Nicholas by Jodi Thomas. She continues to amaze and fascinate me at how she captures my attention in every book to the point I don’t want to put the book down. She has an amazing storytelling talent. This story has
Mary
Oct 29, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book as a Goodreads Giveaway. I am happy to have had this opportunity. There are 3 stories included in this book. The authors have used the Christmas Ball celebrating the opening of the St. Nicholas hotel in Dallas as the setting. Since this is historical fiction, we learn that Dallas is still emerging from the frontier and not quite as settled as Houston or Austin. The heroes of the stories have varied backgrounds, but all are of good character and quite romantic. Of course the ...more
Irlanda
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
the three short stories were connected by Christmas and the St Nicholas hotel. I adore Jodi Thomas it was a five-star read. Great story. the next one by Celia Bonaduce was just as good and very enjoyable the third one was good too, just not much depth which I know is hard in a short story.

So glad I read this. worth reading for sure
Loy
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing

So glad I read this. worth reading for sure
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
The real St Nicholas Hotel is the setting for this group of Texas Christmas romances. Look for some misdirection as three couples find what they were looking for at the annual Christmas Ball. I enjoyed hearing about the very real St Nicholas Hotel and its owner. Dallas at the time was more a small town than the city it became. That made it a great choice for this group of stories.
Shirley Linn
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a collection of three stories. One Night at the St. Nichols by Jodi Thomas was a wonderful 4 read. Birdie's Flight by Celia Bonaduce was also a wonderful 4 star read. Spirit of Texas by Rachael Miles was a 2 star read. It was just not for me. I would definitely recommend the first two books in this collection. ...more
Dwina Willis
This is a collection of three novellas all centered around the St. Nicholas hotel in Dallas, when Dallas was just a little frontier town. They are cute romances, with a little adventure and mystery thrown in. If you'd enjoy a quick light read, this is for you.
JoAnn
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Texas Kind of Christmas is a collection of historical romance novellas. Each selection is entertaining with a good plot. I throughly enjoyed this book. Fans of historical romance will enjoy this book. I received a complimentary copy from the publisher and this is my unbiased review.
Cali Jewel
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really loved this sweetly thrilling holiday collection of engaging adventures filled with exciting charters, witty banter and thrilling passion.... all were excellent reading. A great holiday collection!
Mirrorlight
Oct 08, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Jodi Thomas' books are always a delightful read! I enjoyed these three short stories. This also introduced two new-to-me authors Celia Bonaduce and Rachael Miles. I'm excited to check out their other works. If your looking for a holiday read with a Texas touch this is a great read.
Dsbook
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Jodi Thomas' writing and characters. This book was no exception. It is a historical with 2 story lines and I like both of them. This is a novella not a full length story
Mary Asanovich
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Christmas reading

What a fun book! I especially liked Birdies Flight. I would recommend this book if you are looking for Christmas stories that touch your heart.
PATRICIA WILLIAMS
great book to read
Beth
Nov 07, 2019 rated it liked it
3 nice stories
Lone Star Literary Life
Featured on Lone Star Book Blog Tours. Lone Star Blogger Team average rating: 4.25.
Doris Raines
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
NICE TITLE ?
Mary
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Digital galley courtesy of Kensington and NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.
What initially sold me on this book was seeing Jodi Thomas’s name. I think it’s the first time I’ve ready anything by Celia Bonaduce and Rachael Miles. It turned out to be a great introduction because I’ve added them both to my TBR list. I’m a fan of historical romance of this era and a US setting and I’m glad to have found new-to-me authors. I enjoyed their writing style.

The connection shared by the three
Pami
Apr 12, 2019

• Meant to Be Yours (Happily Inc, #5)
  • Met Her Match
  • Someone to Remember (Westcott #7)
  • Christmas Past
  • Christmas from the Heart
  • A Mrs. Miracle Christmas
  • Coming Home for Christmas (Haven Point, #10)
  • It's a Christmas Thing
  • Longing for a Cowboy Christmas
  • The Friends We Keep
  • A Mackenzie Yuletide (Mackenzies & McBrides, #11.5)
  • Christmas Angels
  • The Devil in the Saddle (Princes of Texas, #2)
  • Cilka's Journey (The Tattooist of Auschwitz, #2)
  • Once Upon a Cowboy Christmas (River Ranch, #3)
  • The Family Journal
  • Cowboy Firefighter Christmas Kiss
  • The Shape of Night
I'm a New York Times and USA Today Best Selling author, wife, mother, in-law, grandmother, sister, friend, and owner of one fat cat.