Start by marking “Rebel (Legend, #4)” as Want to Read:
Rebel (Legend, #4)

Rebel

(Legend #4)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  15,161 ratings  ·  2,469 reviews
Respect the Legend. Idolize the Prodigy. Celebrate the Champion. But never underestimate the Rebel.

With unmatched suspense and her signature cinematic storytelling, #1 New York Times–bestselling author Marie Lu plunges readers back into the unforgettable world of Legend for a truly grand finale.

Eden Wing has been living in his brother’s shadow for years. Even though he’s
Published October 1st 2019 by Roaring Brook Press

To ask other readers questions about Rebel, please sign up.
starrynight17 yeah! for me, i was kind of past this series, i thought it ended decently and didn't need anything else to it. and with rebel coming out so long after…moreyeah! for me, i was kind of past this series, i thought it ended decently and didn't need anything else to it. and with rebel coming out so long after the series ended, i almost feel as if this 4th book did not actually happen and is just like a fanfiction or something.

overall it's just a book that came way too late and adds on to a story that had a satisfying ending.

Don't get me wrong though, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE LEGEND TRILOGY!! <3(less)

·  15,161 ratings  ·  2,469 reviews

Start your review of Rebel (Legend, #4)
NReads
Oct 13, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
wake me up when October comes
Natalie Monroe

“We’ve seen each other only once after a decade apart. What if we’ve changed too much? What if we’re just not meant to be?”

I had my doubts when Rebel was first announced and lemme tell you, those doubts were well-warranted.

Legend was meant to be a trilogy. Champion ends on the perfect note: Day and June meeting each other again after a decade apart. When they grasp hands, that connection strong as magic between them, the reader knows that, even though this is the last page, they wil
I AM NOT READY FOR THIS. MY HEART WAS SHATTERED IN MILLION PIECES WITH CHAMPION AND NOW... NOW, I AM CRYING.

description

I need to re-read the trilogy the next year. It'll be hard and a ride full of emotions but I'll do it.

I'm excited for this new book and the series. I've always had questions about what happened with June (my love) and Day after they reunited in Champion and I don't know how many answers I'll get from this book but I'll be reading this.
julia ♥
That last chapter added about 20 years to my life. 600000/5
Candace Robinson
This book was like a freaking gift! I loved how the Legend series ended, but I always wanted more, needed more, and I finally freaking got it!

This one has perspectives from my boy, Daniel AKA Day, and his little bro, Eden. Eden was so young in the last one and I loved his character, so it was awesome to see how he turned out. He isn't like Daniel in a lot of ways, but he's brave like him! And he's so smart, too!

I will say that the highlights for me were when June and Daniel were together! Seriou
Hamad
May 12, 2019 marked it as lost-interest  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
Let me be honest, I was excited when I added this book but I am not interested in the story anymore. The reviews from people who I trust have not been encouraging and it has been ages since I read the original trilogy. I rarely read YA books now compared to last year or the year before that. I just don't want to force myself to read soemthing I don't think I will enjoy only to give it a negative review. If anyone thinks this was superb or worth reading please do tell!

Original question: While it
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
AHHHH!!! I'm getting emotional just thinking about this.

Friendddds. Day. And June. And Eden. Their story isn't over.

*cries ugly tears into my tea*
theburqaavenger➹
People saying James Franco looks like James Dean is the ultimate compliment Franco could wish for. Although Franco fucking wishes.

Similarly, Eden Atlan Wing being the next Daniel Atlan Wing is the ultimate compliment Eden could wish for. Although Eden fucking wishes.

100000/5 stars only for the Day and June awesomeness (That ending though my heart is so happy thankyou Marie Lu i love you so much.) And zero stars for Eden. ZERO. So i think three stars is pretty fair.

Was this book useless? YES

Di
Kelly Brigid ♡
"I'm grateful that we still, in spite of everything, have all found each other ... sometimes, broken pieces find a way to make a new whole."

It pains me to give such a low rating to this novel, but ... I expected so much more. The Legend trilogy holds so much nostalgia for me, being that it was one of the first Young Adult series that I ever read. With that being said, I couldn't help but feel that this one wasn't even close to performing on the same stage as its predecessors. Champion conc
✨    jamieson   ✨
OMG I cannot believe we’re getting more Day and June my ass is shaking move over every other 2019 release queen Marie lu is coming
sunny
Nov 19, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
WHAT THE FUCK.

I am on the floor and shaking.
♛ may
it's 11:00 pm and i just completed my 200th book of the year!!! cutting it close on my reading challenge, of course c:

let's be honest, the plot of this book was totally unnecessary but the day/june content was magnificent and the growth and relationship development between the brothers, I COULD CRY

(view spoiler)

me thinks 3.
Mary S. R.
[12 May 2019]
Merlin's pants—would you look at that son of a biscuit of a cover! (yes a delicious biscuit covered in dark chocolate with blueberry jam on it, that's what I meant the cover is and nothing else 😏)

If the cover were a woman and I were Kol Mikaelson:

I'm now hyped where is October 1st I demand someone build a time machine right now 😐

• • • • • • •

[4 Feb 2019]
We have a blurb and a title!

Eden Wing is a brilliant student. He’s about to graduate a year early from Ross University of the Scien
Lerizza Mae (books&teacups)
We held our breaths when we read Legend, got at the edge of our seats when we read Prodigy, then our hearts were broken but got eventually repaired when we read Champion. Now prepare to do that all over again with Rebel.

I read the first three books a few years after Champion was released. It was just a trilogy back then and I thought that it ended on a perfect note - an open but hopeful ending. So when Marie Lu announced that she's going to publish a fourth book I was a bit skeptical.

I loved Day
Beatrice Masaluñga
Can we just take a moment and appreciate this STUNNING cover?
I'm deceased by its beauty.
My day is made.
-------------------------------
Title and blurb has been revealed!!!!! OMFG. I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS.
I'm excited for the cover. PLEASE LET IT BE BEAUTIFUL AF.
-------------------------------
set 10 years after Champion???
THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU PRAY TO BOOK GODS AND GODDESSES. GOD BLESS YOU MARIE LU. 😭🙌🏼👏🏼 I'M SOBBING
julianna ➹
edit 5/10/19
HOLY CRAP THIS COVER!!!

---

HI THE TITLE JUST RELEASED AND I AM SHRIEKING

IF MARIE LU DOESN'T GET THE COVER SHE DESERVES I SWEAR TO GOD (the real question here is, will this cover match the previous covers??)
Jess the Shelf-Declared Bibliophile
Let me take a moment to sigh in contentment at this fitting end to the series.

description

Far too often, authors that write a final book to a series after a delay are making sad attempts to cash back in, and the stories often feel unnecessary.

This book answered all the questions, tied up all the loose ends in a fantastic yet thrilling way. It's been a few years since I read the Legend trilogy but this brought it all back.
Frank-Intergalactic Bookdragon
"Because sometimes, broken pieces find a way to make a new whole."

This should've been a novella.

I didn't have high hopes for this because the Legend series is so nostalgic for me and I couldn't see anything topping the ending we got in Champion. Yet, I'm still kind of let down. I don't hate Rebel, but there are parts of it that rubbed me wrong and I don't see myself rereading it within the new few years.

My main problem is with the perspective of Eden. For those of you who don't know, the Legen
Zitong Ren
Ok, so umm, quick confession.

I’m in love with Day and June

help

So yeah anyway, I’m a little bit obsessed and I would read a book where it’s just the two of them to be frank.

My experience reading Rebel can be summed up a little like this.

Scenes with solo Eden - Pretty cool kid

Scenes with Eden and Pressa - I like them

Scenes with solo Day - My boy is back

Scenes with Day and June being in love - AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I should probably go see a therapist

Now enough of me stressing out
Lara (Bookish_turtle)
ASDFGHJVFGSvdfCFCDXSWAERUXFLG

I CANNOT BELIEVE MY EYEBALLS OH MY GOODNESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So long I have suffered from the Champion epilogue... Will I finally have a satisfying conclusion?????
⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess)
It's gonna be hard for any other book I'll read this year to even come close to Rebel.

"The Republic is a place that holds some of our darkest memories, for both you and me. (...) We went through it together, and somehow we emerged from it to be here again, at each other's sides."
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

(Find this and more reviews on my blog!

Daaammnnnn. What a ride! I can't think straight. I'm just overcome by too many emotions. I've always loved the Legend trilogy and I also loved the ending of Champion, but Rebe
Alexandra Elend Wolf
3.5 stars.

“Because sometimes, broken pieces find a way to make a new whole.”

Rebel is the continuation to the Legend trilogy. Situated 10 years in the future. In a new city. We follow Daniel and his brother Eden while they try to pick the pieces of their former lives and move on.

Obviously, after so many years discovering that Legend was to have a sequel of sorts was so incredibly exciting. After all, it was an opportunity to see our beloved characters again. And after the epilogue in
Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller
[2.5/5 stars] I remember loving the original Legend Trilogy. In hindsight, however, I think I rated it so highly because I was only comparing it to other YA dystopians. Of the dozens I tried at the time, Legend ranked close to the top of my list. I don’t know that I would have been so generous with my ratings had I honesty compared them to all books I enjoyed and not just that very specific branch of the YA market.

Rebel was just okay. The plot was cute, extending the romance between June and Day
may ➹
sad because gr removed all my likes for this “review” >:(

will I admit that this was a mostly useless book? yes. but do I still love it because of the June/Day content? also yes.

----------------------

the cover was released and I only have one thing to say: how is Marie Lu finally getting the cover she deserves after EIGHT YEARS
Ari
I need you to understand that Legend is a trilogy** I absolutely LOVE.

(you won't believe just how, after all these years, reading it still fills me with so much delight and emotion!)

Looking back...
When I first read Legend, it felt insta-lovish and convenient, but there was something about it that took hold of my heart and it did not let go. (I loved it even more after re-reading it along with the sequels.) Then Prodigy made me fall and care for these characters even more, and by Champion my he
Elena
Oct 13, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
rEbEl

listen WHAT THE FUCK

i cant believe i still havent read champion
Whispering Stories
Book Reviewed on www.whisperingstories.com

One of the first reviews I ever wrote on the blog back in 2015 was for the first book in the Legend series which I read originally in 2011, aptly names ‘Legend‘. If you have never read the books, they are dystopian YA reads featuring two main characters, June and Day. June was born into a wealthy area once know as Western USA and Day into the slums who grew up to become one of the countries most wanted criminals.

The pair meet after June’s older police of
Mizuki
Oct 12, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Pre-review:

Look what is happening here:

Author Marie Lu is continuing the story of her million-selling “Legend” series.

Lu has agreed to a multimillion dollar, three-book deal with Roaring Brook Press, the publisher announced Friday. The first book is set 10 years after her third “Legend” installment, “Champion,” which came out in 2013. Currently untitled and scheduled for Fall 2019, the upcoming novel will again feature such characters as young Eden Bataar Wing and take place in the dystopian
hillary ☾
Oct 12, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopia
WHAT IS HAPPENING.

I don’t know how to feel about this. I’m going to read it because hello, it’s Marie Lu, and I really liked the Legend trilogy, but this same thing happened to the Shatter Me trilogy and look at all the problems I’ve had with Restore Me. I guess I’ll just keep my fingers crossed for this one?

Though I’m LOWKEY EXCITED that this takes place in ANTARTICA!! My favorite world building ever 😍
Lara
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

My review

“Because sometimes, broken pieces find a way to make a new whole.”

Call me a believer because my faith in sequels for series-that-should-have-ended has returned.
My honest opinion of books like these? Fanservice. But! But, Marie Lu did leave a lot of things unfinished at the end of her Legend Trilogy, especially the outcome of June x Day reunion ten years later, so I actually took my skepticism goggles of and decided to give this release a shot as more than just a lengthy closu

• Supernova (Renegades, #3)
  • Imagine Me (Shatter Me, #6)
  • Archenemies (Renegades, #2)
  • How the King of Elfhame Learned to Hate Stories (The Folk of the Air, #3.5)
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • A ​Sky Beyond the Storm (An Ember in the Ashes, #4)
  • Renegades (Renegades, #1)
  • These Violent Delights (These Violent Delights, #1)
  • Aurora Burning (The Aurora Cycle, #2)
  • Rule of Wolves (King of Scars, #2)
  • Siege and Storm (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #2)
  • Ruin and Rising (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #3)
  • Defy Me (Shatter Me, #5)
  • The Toll (Arc of a Scythe, #3)
  • Reveal Me (Shatter Me, #5.5)
  • Chain of Iron (The Last Hours, #2)
  • We Free the Stars (Sands of Arawiya, #2)
  • The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2)
[Note: Many apologies, but I'm woefully bad at checking my Goodreads emails! If you'd like to send a note/msg, please catch me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Marie_Lu . Thanks!]

I write young adult novels, and have a special love for dystopian books. Ironically, I was born in 1984. Before becoming a full-time writer, I was an Art Director at a video game company. Now I shuffle around at home and ta

Legend (4 books)
  • Legend (Legend, #1)
  • Prodigy (Legend, #2)
  • Champion (Legend, #3)

Articles featuring this book

Need another excuse to go to the bookstore this week? We've got you covered with the buzziest new releases of the week. To create our...
“Because sometimes, broken pieces find a way to make a new whole.” 36 likes
“There are a million pieces of us scattered through my memory, moments tiny and insignificant to everyone else in the world except for me.” 34 likes