Start by marking “The Girl in the Painting” as Want to Read:
The Girl in the Painting

The Girl in the Painting

Ansel Bray, an artist known around the world for his tragic hiatus from the canvas.
Ansel Bray, a broody, handsome man not known by me, at all.

Long dark hair, blue eyes, and dimpled cheeks. I’ve never met her, but her image is imprinted in my mind. An angel muse who inspires me to paint again.

There is something about him. Something that spurs a need to be as close to him a
Published February 27th 2019 by Max Monroe LLC (first published February 26th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about The Girl in the Painting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Girl in the Painting

Start your review of The Girl in the Painting
The Book Bee
REVIEW: 2 Disappointing STARS
"She's a red string tied to my finger, and I can't forget her."

Unpopular opinion warning : I need this review to come across as me being upset at the lack of emotional depth needed to carry off this storyline, and not the thought that Max Monroe can't write a story. I want to stress that while the story had an amazing synopsis and plot, the execution lacked immensely for me. As predictable and clichéd as this one was, it was ok - a decent read. I think I went
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
Tanja ~ KT Book Reviews
Wow. I mean, really... WOW. A one-sit read, and an urge to remaining seated after I was finished to absorb it all into the fibers of my mind. I love it when a book does this to me. I was gripped from the very start with the thread of mystery and the ache of uncertainty. All of these things kept me rooted in place.

"The eyes are the windows to the soul, and once those windows are closed, evil and loathing spread their roots like ivy."

It's an amazing ability to make characters come alive in suc
Syndi
Jul 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Do you know about that horror movie The Eye? Well, this book is based on that concept minus the horror. And adding into a lot of romantic aspect. I like this book OK. I was expecting a full angst and full drama story. But the angst is moderate, the drama/ twist is OK.

And after I finish listening to the audio book, I want more. More dramatic/ more twist. The background of Indy can be explored much further and bringing into the story much sooner. Matt is not necessary. I want Ansel to be more bro
Kahea
***5 ‘A Muse, A True Muse, Changes You Forever’ Stars***

The blurb was the hook.

I wanted and NEEDED to see how this love story would play out. What the twists and turns would be and if it would make sense to my sometimes chaotic and fantastical mind and this one went above and beyond what I could have ever expected.

Maybe I should have seen it coming.
Maybe I should have been more...cynical? Aware?

I don’t. But I wasn’t either of those. I was simply a very willing captive to this story that
Cami
Jan 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
OH MY!!!

I normally read this author duo’s books because they are hilariously sexy RomComs and they never disappoint. And on par this did not disappoint…..it actually exceeded my expectations!

Don’t get me wrong it still has hilarious parts and it still has sexy parts but this book had a ton of heart. This was an emotional story. You see it coming but still it tugs at your heart strings.

Really great story!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shannon
4.5*

I adore Max Monroe's romcoms- I mean they brought us Thatch and Whorgie for Pete's sake, how could I not? But honestly, I really love the books where they've branched out from the laughs and given us something a little deeper, a little more serious, like the Stone Cold Fox trilogy, and now The Girl in the Painting. I think this book just might be my new favorite of theirs. I know Ansel is my new favorite MM bbf, sorry Thatch!

The Girl in the Painting was such an enchanting story. It was one t
Nicole Patterson
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I blew through this book. So easy to read. It was predictable but the story was so good. I feel in love with Indy and Ansel completely.
Shayna
“𝐴 𝑚𝑢𝑠𝑒, 𝑎 𝑡𝑟𝑢𝑒 𝑚𝑢𝑠𝑒, 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟. 𝑊ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑉𝑒𝑛𝑢𝑠, 𝑠ℎ𝑒 𝑎𝑙𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑠𝑜𝑢𝑙 𝑖𝑛 𝑠𝑢𝑐ℎ 𝑎 𝑤𝑎𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑛𝑜 𝑔𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘.”

A unique, sexy, and compelling story from start to finish! Beautiful, erotic, poetic, and just magical! Within a span of a single chapter there is tragedy and there is hope, and that set the stage to what has become one of my favorite romances from this writing duo!

🅖🅡🅐🅑 🅘🅣 🅗🅔🅡🅔
Amazon 🇺🇸→ https://amzn.to/2Ul3fmD
Amazon 🌏→ http://mybook.to/TheGirlinthePa
Gracie Malfoy
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am a mess.
MeeJazz Frincy
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Truly a wonderful love story! Unlike any other I have ever read..💕 What made it even more amazing were the hilarious brother moments plus the rock star moments. Max Monroe 👍 👍 👍.
Ari
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
*3.5 Stars!*

Last year I read my first Max Monroe book and slapped myself for not reading this author-duo sooner. This year, I got my act together and decided I would no longer sleep on Monroe's releases. When I read the blurb for The Girl in the Painting, I was both intrigued and confused because I had no idea what type of story this would be. But Max Monroe had yet to let me down so I dived in and crossed my fingers, hoping for the best.

Five years ago, famous artist Ansel Bray lost his sigh
Grey
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
This book. Even though the title is deceptively innocuous, the feels you're going to have are decidedly deep. The writing duo of Max Monroe has become synonymous with the pair of authors best known for penning witty and/or steamy rom-coms filled with characters that become like real people you expect to know and have real lives outside of the pages of their books...however, in this contemporary romance they prove they've got the chutzpah to crank in the feels department, as well.

Although I had
Julia Griffis - The Romance Bibliophile
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
NO SPOILERS!

The Girl in the Painting was a unique and emotional standalone romance about love, loss, and fate. It was unlike anything I’d read before, and I couldn’t get enough of everything. Max Monroe made me swoon so hard over the storyline and characters, and I loved the journey they took me on. I fell fast and hard for Ansel, Indy, and their unforgettable love story, and I know you will too. The Girl in the Painting was another MUST READ from the brilliant author duo, Max Monroe, and I woul
Meegz Reads
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
*4 Stars*

ARC kindly received in exchange for an honest review.

Another good story from Max & Monroe. Ansel and Indy definitely have a connection, and whilst the reason for this was something I picked up on very early on, this was still an enjoyable story.

Ansel was not the kind of character that I was too fond of at first, even if I could understand why he was acting out the way he was. Indy is an instantly likeable character that you just wanted to be happy.

Once these two connect, the chemist
Kris Reads Romance
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

You know what I really like about Max Monroe books? I like that we don't get cookie cutter books, or series after series that is all the same. We have had hilarious billionaires, murder/mystery type books.

And now we have The Girl In The Painting.

You can't help but instantly adore Ansel and Indy.

Ansel is not your typical sexy, broody artist, and his story is not the regular, run of the mill story.

I will say that I did pick up pretty quickly something that was a ma
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Gah this book was a mixture of emotions for me. I legit didn’t know what I was going to feel next.

ARC received in exchange for an honest review

Ok, I absolutely adored this storyline. It’s sad, heartbreaking even and painful! You can help but feel what they’re feeling because it’s tragic what they both have had to go through but it’s also happy, fun and beautiful. These two being friends and watching their relationship grow was both lovely and frustrating.

Now, I legit tend to stay away from sto
Dawn
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!! I devoured it and although I was completely happy with the turnout I still wanted there to be more. I didn’t want to say goodbye to these characters. The feels. I knew where this book was leading, but that never took away from me being completely taken in by every single twist and turn in the journey. I just lost myself in the journey that unfolded page after page.
Flo
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Max Monroe are back and I really enjoyed Ansel and Indy's story!
The Girl In The Painting was unique and also an easy read that I devoured in a few hours. I would love to hear that Bram will be getting a story since he was one of my favourite characters.
Nova B
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
Quite boring. Plot done before. Nothing new here.
phoebess
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviews
I will be probably one of a few who were not happy reading this book.
It started with an interesting twist—I admit, I read about these kind of things only in horror books—but shortly it felt flat and my annoyance with the book started to rise fast.
Mostly because of my personal pet peeves. Like heroes constantly calling themselves dicks even though they are basically just wannabe dicks who are afraid to hurt other's people feelings and keep apologizing about it by saying, "Sorry, I am a dick/an as
Aya

Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Heartbreakingly beautiful.
Vanessa (nessreads)
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book*

5 “Muse” Stars

I loved, loved, loved this book so hard. When I read the blurb, I was hooked and I needed this book like nobody’s business. You think you know, but you have no idea. There so much to this story than what you might think. I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough. From beginning to end this story and it’s characters captivated me. I didn’t care about anything other than this book and the emotions it was bringing out of me. I couldn’t
Angela Magic Art
Jan 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Well... I liked this book okay, but it was not amazing by any means. The concept was super interesting! And anytime there is an artist in a book, I’m interested to see how I will relate to them. But this book just lacked depth. I also found the story hard to believe at times. Within the first 50 or so pages, one of the characters gets an eye transplant. And I just felt like it was happening so quick, like something on a cheesy soap opera. The characters relationship didn’t have near enough devel ...more
Marta Bo
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WoW!!! This book is definetly not this kind, that I would expect from this two amazing women.

They always know how to made me smile or even more laughing very, very loud !!! The Girl in the Painting made me breathless, and left my heart cutted in milion pieces. For sure....Mrs Max and Monroe take me to a very unexpected journey were emotions overwhelmed me many times!

After ending this amazing story I still have mess in my head, maybe I'll repeating again but I'm in shock.... Max and Monroe create
Gina *loves sunshine*
Sep 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook, 2019
The plot/storyline for this book is super interesting!!! a rewrite of the synopsis....Young hot artist goes blind, gets eye transplant, paints girl that he keeps picturing, and said girl sees his paintings, they fall in love - YES, everything was super predictable! Yes, you can even guess why on earth would he magically paint a girl he has never met!!?!? The story was good, sometimes sweet, sometimes a bit unfolding - but overall enjoyable and nice dual M/F narration! There was definitely a flat ...more
Veronica LaRoche
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Truly a masterpiece. Once you start reading Indy & Ansel’s story, you will not want too stop. The chemistry between Indy & Ansel is off the charts. This book will make you laugh, smile and definitely pull on your heartstrings. I love all Max Monroe’s books but this is by far my favorite. If you want a 5 star read that will give you all the feels, then you must click this book.

I voluntarily reviewed this Advanced Reader Copy of this book.
Jen Zingaro
Jul 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio
I was roped in right from the beginning.
It's about an artist that loses his vision in a car accident and receives an eye transplant which is pretty unique.
It's suspenseful with quite the twist. A bit of a love triangle which is my favorite trope.
I really enjoyed the vulnerability in Ansel's character.

• Perfect Grump: An Enemies to Lovers Romance
  • The Boss(hole): An Enemies To Lovers Romance
  • Diary of a Bad Boy (The Bromance Club #2)
  • Never Got Over You
  • The Perfect Catch (The Brentwood Boys #8)
  • Landon & Shay: Part Two (L&S Duet, #2)
  • Tangle (Dogwood Lane, #2)
  • The Five
  • Art of Sin (Illusions Duet #1)
  • The Man I Can't Have (Ward Duet, #1)
  • Saved by the Boss (New York Billionaires Book 2)
  • Letters to Molly (Maysen Jar, #2)
  • The Panty Melter (Hunter Brothers #4)
  • Satisfaction Guaranteed (Always Satisfied #1)
  • Stay with Me
  • The Kingmaker (All the King's Men #1)
  • At Wits' End
See top shelves…
About five years ago, a dynamic duo of romance authors teamed up under the pseudonym Max Monroe, and, well, the rest is history...

Max Monroe is the New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author of more than thirty contemporary romance titles. Favorite writing partners and long time friends, Max and Monroe strive to live and write all the fun, sexy swoon so often missing from their Facebook newsf

News & Interviews

When author Amor Towles published his second novel, A Gentleman in Moscow, in 2016, everything changed.   Towles’ first novel, Rules of...
“Hearts don’t snap like hard pretzels or burst like an overfilled balloon. No. A heart breaks in the heaving waves of a new reality. A tragic reality that has arrived uninvited. A heart breaks when you’re forced to face the possibility of a life you can’t bear to fathom.” 1 likes