Start by marking “The Girl in the Painting” as Want to Read:
The Girl in the Painting

The Girl in the Painting

Ansel Bray, an artist known around the world for his tragic hiatus from the canvas.
Ansel Bray, a broody, handsome man not known by me, at all.

Long dark hair, blue eyes, and dimpled cheeks. I’ve never met her, but her image is imprinted in my mind. An angel muse who inspires me to paint again.

There is something about him. Something that spurs a need to be as close to him
Published February 28th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Girl in the Painting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Girl in the Painting

Dri ✰
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019
2 STARS

▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬

“A muse, a true muse, changes you forever. When you find your Venus, she alters your art and your soul in such a way that there is no going back.”

Eu gostei muito de como essa história começou. Achei inusitado porque não era o que eu imaginava, não chegou nem perto do que eu esperava...
Porém, a partir de certo ponto fui gostando cada vez menos da história, dos personagens... principalmente da Indy e suas atitudes.

O rumo que a trama seguiu não me agradou,
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Ansel is a very famous painter. But he hasn't painted a thing in over a year - because he's blind.

Ever since the accident he's been trying to survive in his now dark & art-less life. Art was everything to him and now he can't be an artist anymore.

(Spoileralert for those worried about the blindness: (view spoiler))

Enter Indy.

She gets dragged to an art gallery one night by her boyfriend and her sister. Th
The Book Bee
REVIEW: 2 Disappointing STARS
"She's a red string tied to my finger, and I can't forget her."

Unpopular opinion warning : I need this review to come across as me being upset at the lack of emotional depth needed to carry off this storyline, and not the thought that Max Monroe can't write a story. I want to stress that while the story had an amazing synopsis and plot, the execution lacked immensely for me. As predictable and clichéd as this one was, it was ok - a decent read. I think I went in w
Kahea
***5 ‘A Muse, A True Muse, Changes You Forever’ Stars***

The blurb was the hook.

I wanted and NEEDED to see how this love story would play out. What the twists and turns would be and if it would make sense to my sometimes chaotic and fantastical mind and this one went above and beyond what I could have ever expected.

Maybe I should have seen it coming.
Maybe I should have been more...cynical? Aware?

I don’t. But I wasn’t either of those. I was simply a very willing captive to this story that pr
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
Wow. I mean, really... WOW. A one-sit read, and an urge to remaining seated after I was finished to absorb it all into the fibers of my mind. I love it when a book does this to me. I was gripped from the very start with the thread of mystery and the ache of uncertainty. All of these things kept me rooted in place.

"The eyes are the windows to the soul, and once those windows are closed, evil and loathing spread their roots like ivy."

It's an amazing ability to make characters come alive in such
Shannon
4.5*

I adore Max Monroe's romcoms- I mean they brought us Thatch and Whorgie for Pete's sake, how could I not? But honestly, I really love the books where they've branched out from the laughs and given us something a little deeper, a little more serious, like the Stone Cold Fox trilogy, and now The Girl in the Painting. I think this book just might be my new favorite of theirs. I know Ansel is my new favorite MM bbf, sorry Thatch!

The Girl in the Painting was such an enchanting story. It was one t
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and the Crazy)
Shayna
“𝐴 𝑚𝑢𝑠𝑒, 𝑎 𝑡𝑟𝑢𝑒 𝑚𝑢𝑠𝑒, 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟. 𝑊ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑉𝑒𝑛𝑢𝑠, 𝑠ℎ𝑒 𝑎𝑙𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑠𝑜𝑢𝑙 𝑖𝑛 𝑠𝑢𝑐ℎ 𝑎 𝑤𝑎𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑛𝑜 𝑔𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘.”

A unique, sexy, and compelling story from start to finish! Beautiful, erotic, poetic, and just magical! Within a span of a single chapter there is tragedy and there is hope, and that set the stage to what has become one of my favorite romances from this writing duo!

🅖🅡🅐🅑 🅘🅣 🅗🅔🅡🅔
Amazon 🇺🇸→ https://amzn.to/2Ul3fmD
Amazon 🌏→ http://mybook.to/TheGirlinthePa
Grey
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
This book. Even though the title is deceptively innocuous, the feels you're going to have are decidedly deep. The writing duo of Max Monroe has become synonymous with the pair of authors best known for penning witty and/or steamy rom-coms filled with characters that become like real people you expect to know and have real lives outside of the pages of their books...however, in this contemporary romance they prove they've got the chutzpah to crank in the feels department, as well.

Although I had
Camila Matuella
Mar 05, 2019 rated it did not like it
O livro começou muito bem (muito obrigada), mas terminou igual do mesmo. Foi uma água fria. :(((
Julia - The Romance Bibliophile
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
NO SPOILERS!

The Girl in the Painting was a unique and emotional standalone romance about love, loss, and fate. It was unlike anything I’d read before, and I couldn’t get enough of everything. Max Monroe made me swoon so hard over the storyline and characters, and I loved the journey they took me on. I fell fast and hard for Ansel, Indy, and their unforgettable love story, and I know you will too. The Girl in the Painting was another MUST READ from the brilliant author duo, Max Monroe, and I woul
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

You know what I really like about Max Monroe books? I like that we don't get cookie cutter books, or series after series that is all the same. We have had hilarious billionaires, murder/mystery type books.

And now we have The Girl In The Painting.

You can't help but instantly adore Ansel and Indy.

Ansel is not your typical sexy, broody artist, and his story is not the regular, run of the mill story.

I will say that I did pick up pretty quickly something that was a ma
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Gah this book was a mixture of emotions for me. I legit didn’t know what I was going to feel next.

ARC received in exchange for an honest review

Ok, I absolutely adored this storyline. It’s sad, heartbreaking even and painful! You can help but feel what they’re feeling because it’s tragic what they both have had to go through but it’s also happy, fun and beautiful. These two being friends and watching their relationship grow was both lovely and frustrating.

Now, I legit tend to stay away from sto
~Dawn~TUG
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!! I devoured it and although I was completely happy with the turnout I still wanted there to be more. I didn’t want to say goodbye to these characters. The feels. I knew where this book was leading, but that never took away from me being completely taken in by every single twist and turn in the journey. I just lost myself in the journey that unfolded page after page.
Nova  Brantley
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
Quite boring. Plot done before. Nothing new here.
Flo Grugel
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Max Monroe are back and I really enjoyed Ansel and Indy's story!
The Girl In The Painting was unique and also an easy read that I devoured in a few hours. I would love to hear that Bram will be getting a story since he was one of my favourite characters.
Vanessa (nessreads)
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book*

5 “Muse” Stars

I loved, loved, loved this book so hard. When I read the blurb, I was hooked and I needed this book like nobody’s business. You think you know, but you have no idea. There so much to this story than what you might think. I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough. From beginning to end this story and it’s characters captivated me. I didn’t care about anything other than this book and the emotions it was bringing out of me. I couldn’t
Shelly (vixenreads)
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Max Monroe stole my heart with this touching and passionate story. Once you get into the meat of the story, the twist isn't hard to figure out, but surprisingly enough, I was ok with that because of the emotion from both characters.
Now, there were some things that I think could have been done a little differently in order to add a bit more realistic and heart-wrenching drama and a few holes were left open for me BUT, overall, this story really spoke to me. It had a bit of a romantic-paranormalis
Escape into a Booksite
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
*4 Stars*

ARC kindly received in exchange for an honest review.

Another good story from Max & Monroe. Ansel and Indy definitely have a connection, and whilst the reason for this was something I picked up on very early on, this was still an enjoyable story.

Ansel was not the kind of character that I was too fond of at first, even if I could understand why he was acting out the way he was. Indy is an instantly likeable character that you just wanted to be happy.

Once these two connect, the che
Marta Bo
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WoW!!! This book is definetly not this kind, that I would expect from this two amazing women.

They always know how to made me smile or even more laughing very, very loud !!! The Girl in the Painting made me breathless, and left my heart cutted in milion pieces. For sure....Mrs Max and Monroe take me to a very unexpected journey were emotions overwhelmed me many times!

After ending this amazing story I still have mess in my head, maybe I'll repeating again but I'm in shock.... Max and Monroe create
Veronica LaRoche
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Truly a masterpiece. Once you start reading Indy & Ansel’s story, you will not want too stop. The chemistry between Indy & Ansel is off the charts. This book will make you laugh, smile and definitely pull on your heartstrings. I love all Max Monroe’s books but this is by far my favorite. If you want a 5 star read that will give you all the feels, then you must click this book.

I voluntarily reviewed this Advanced Reader Copy of this book.
Ari
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
*3.5 Stars!*

Max Monroe legit took a plot twist that has been used in so many horror movies and put a romantic spin on it, lol. Anyways, while I did enjoy this story, I felt like something was still missing for me.

RTC.
D
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Going into this story, I wasn't quite sure what to expect-- typically Max Monroe writes laugh out loud rom coms, yet the title of this book and the blurb suggest otherwise. And otherwise, it was. What a beautiful story and I think having read other Max Monroe books, I had a new appreciation and love for this dynamic duo of authors. THE GIRL IN THE PAINTING was a beautiful tale of love in the most unexpected of ways and second chances. It was soulful love where maybe fate really does exist.
I love
Debbie Clark
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don’t think I have the right words to do The Girl In The Painting justice. Three words “ALL THE FEELS” doesn’t seem like enough. 5 stars feel like such a low rating. I can’t remember a book that has torn me apart and put me back together again like this one has. I was totally heartbroken in the beginning reading Ansel’s background story. He is quite funny when he’s in a horrible mood. The interactions between Ansel and his brother Bram are priceless. Indy is a down to earth broken woman. Ansel ...more
Kari Hansen
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ansel is an artist to his soul, but an accident has taken away his ability to paint and he finds himself lost and without direction.

Indy has a tragic past of her own and the last thing she wants to do is go to an art gallery with her boyfriend and her sister. but that decision becomes a game changer when she sees herself as the subject in one of the paintings.

When Ansel sees her at the showing he along with Indy are baffled why she is in one of his paintings all he knows is that she inspires hi
Kelly Mcclure
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW! That is the only response I have for this book. Max Monroe has moved the bar! And I can’t wait to see how high they are going to go!!

This story is NOT the usual Max Monroe book. You can count on great love stories, strong heroes and even stronger women, which you do get in The Girl in the Painting. You also get an emotional masterpiece. You get descriptive text and phrases that put you right where they are. You get to glimpse a miracle. And you see how life always come full circle and how F
Marika
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story put me through the ringer. It was highly emotional for me..I mean, both ansel and Indy go through so much..it's heartbreaking.
There are many sides to this story..Ansel's paintings , Indy and her family, Ansel and his brother, Ansel and Indy..there are many characters and all charming, bringing this story to life.
I loved the storyline and the characters..I felt many emotions, I went from sad to happy many times, I got frustrated..mostly tho, I wanted to read faster as I wanted everythi
Jeannine
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This one judo kicked me right in the feels, I honestly wasn’t expecting that. I didn’t read the synopsis so I wasn’t 100% sure what I was diving into. Holy wow what a beautiful and unique story. I’m still thinking about Ansel and Indy a couple of days later. I was totally sucked in and I did not want to put it down. I liked that it was different and that’s why it will stick with me for awhile.
Aya
Mar 02, 2019 rated it did not like it
how about no.

Cheating alert 🚨
Kimberly / Love Notes Book Blog
3.5-3.75 stars. I liked this book, but I had a few issues with it. This review may contain what some people consider spoilers, so read at your own risk (and I'll be using spoiler tags).

The Girl in the Painting is Ansel and Indy's story. Ansel was a famous artist who lost his sight in an accident. He lives a very tortured existence as a blind man until he gets a life-changing eye-transplant, thanks to an organ donor. He awakens with memories of a beautiful woman in his mind, but he doesn't know