Start by marking “I, Cosmo” as Want to Read:
I, Cosmo

I, Cosmo

Cosmo’s family is falling apart.
And it’s up to Cosmo to keep them together.
He knows exactly what to do.
There’s only one problem.

Cosmo is a Golden Retriever.

Incredibly funny, and filled with warmth and heart, this is Charlotte’s Web meets Little Miss Sunshine – the story of one dog’s attempt to save his family, become a star, and ea
Published August 1st 2019 by Nosy Crow

To ask other readers questions about I, Cosmo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I, Cosmo

Mary Rees
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Spoiler/Not Spoiler: Cosmo does not die, so now you can enjoy his wonderful story.
I, Cosmo is a ‘woof-tastically’ heart-warming story, full of life, heart and humour which will appeal to any dog-lover, adult or child. Telling the story from the perspective of Cosmo, the 13-year old family golden retriever, is genius! The tone is conversational and authentic: I can really imagine that this is exactly how a dog sees himself within a loving family. Cosmo is wise, humorous, devoted and loves ‘
Sheena ☆ Oh, the Sheenanigans!

I've always been a sucker for dogs on book covers and this was no exception. Going into this read, I was a bit nervous but could you blame me after "Marley and Me". No. You can't. Nevertheless, this family-filled fluff of a tale was a refreshing break from all the overhyped basic reads I have picked up the last few days. This heartwarming story is about Cosmo, a 13 year old 'older brother' who is dealing with the everyday challenges and struggles of his family day to day lives, arguments,
Kate Wyver
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cosmo is *such* a good dog. Teaching us to love, doggedly, and dance, often.
Carlie Sorosiak
Jan 22, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
You are a very good dog, Cosmo. A very good dog. 🐕 ❤ ...more
Amy (Golden Books Girl)
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am going to find it incredibly difficult to review this, because it is no exaggeration to say that I now consider it an absolute favourite. It is the story of an elderly golden retriever called Cosmo, and his quest to stop his family falling apart, as well as to learn to dance and eat lots of bacon. The book is from Cosmo`s perspective and it`s such a joy to read; his observations about humans and other animals are hilarious and he`s just one of the loveliest characters I`ve ever read. I could ...more
Sarah (CoolCurryBooks)
One of the most adorable books I've ever read. Read it if you need to smile.
Nicki
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: proofs, 2019, childrens
An absolutely gorgeous story. Cosmo is such a loyal, beautiful soul. This book has stuck in my heart and mind and whenever I see a Golden Retriever now I think of Cosmo.

However, be warned - if your kids read this and you don't already have a dog, you will almost certainly be pestered for one!
Melissa T
This is an adorable story told from Cosmo's point of view. I haven't read many books where animals are the narrator, but this one felt fresh and new.

Cosmo is a sweet dog, who is fiercely loyal to his family, but especially to Max. He's an older dog now, but the writing and the way he recalls his days as a younger pup give this a quite a feel good tone.

The writing is simple, as you would expect from writing from the perspective of a dog, but at the same time, Cosmo's under
Sally Boocock
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An absolute must read for all children. Told from Cosmo's perspective it is a real heartfelt story about how he tries to keep the family together through dance. His observations of humans is spot on and very funny at times. A great read.
Lucy
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm not going to lie here. I am crying. A lot. This book is just so pure and I wish I could go back and read it all over again for the first time. Such a special book.
Kerry
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A heartwarming emotional book about an elderly golden retriever and his intense love for both his human family and turkey bacon
Angie
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This will rocket to best-in-class among canine autobiographies; you know it's authentic because as a memoir it's less about about Cosmo's own life and times than it is about his family and what he's had to eat. He's a good dog and tells his story well.
Jenny Caddick
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I ,Cosmo is the utterly enchanting story of 13 year old golden retriever Cosmo and his owners,the Walker family ,around whom his whole world revolves . Cosmo is devoted especially to the young children Max and Emmaline ; to protecting them and loving them “ doggedly “. Through the narrative voice of Cosmo himself, the reader learns of the history and memories of the family so far—funny, heart warming tales of Halloween costume shame , food temptation shame and the pure joy of watching his cheris ...more
Ms. Yingling
ARC provided by the publisher

Cosmo is the "big brother" of Max and his young sister Emmaline, and is now 13 years old. He still is very invested in keeping his pack safe, but he has slowed down, and is beset with arthritis. Things are tense in the household-- the parents fight all the time, and Max is often sad and anxious. It helps a bit when Uncle Reggie comes back from his recent deployment, although he is out of work and missing the dog he worked with, Rosie. He intro
Asha - A Cat, A Book, And A Cup Of Tea
A dog book that even this dyed-in-the-wool cat person loved? I know, it’s amazing!

I will admit – I checked the last page of this before I started it, because I am very leery of animal death in books. And it’s fine – that is not where this story goes at all! You can read in peace without worrying about that!

What we do get is a funny, heartwarming story from the point of view of Cosmo, a dog who is determined to help his best human friend Max through his parents’ divorce. C
Emma
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think that this book was similar to other books I have read, but it had it's own twist to it. This, I liked. But at the same time, it was unique and, as it is said "you can't fit in if you were born to stand out,"

This book was worth the time that it took for me to read , in which my time couldn't have been spent in a better way.
L.H. Johnson
I, Cosmo by Carlie Sorosiak is, I suspect, rather brilliant. I didn't quite understand it for a while until all of a sudden I did; I got it, I understood, and then I was Emotionally Moved and here we are.

This is the story of a golden retriever and his family. His boy. His bacon. It's odd; undoubtedly, and for some reason the narration reminded me a lot of The Book Thief which is quite the unusual reference for a golden retriever to evoke, but here we are.

I keep returning to that notion of presence.
Tessa
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dellybird ran a contest of Twitter to post a picture of your favourite fur companion to win I, Cosmo by Carlie Sorosiak. Shiro was the lucky winner and I happen to be the owner. I, Cosmo is a true gem. Cosmo, a thirteen year old Goldie, does everything in his power to keep his family together. Or at least, not get separated from his human, Max.

I took a picture of Shiro with the book, to show her off, but also to share my Cosmo. Cosmo’s perspective is unique, but I also recognise it i
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
free copy for honest review.

What a wonderful, heart-warming little book. If you are a dog lover you will love this story. The book is told by Cosmo a well-loved 13 year old golden retriever who is trying to keep his human family from falling apart. He is close to all of his family ( Max and his sister and their parents) but he has a special bond with Max . Together they hatch a plan to keep their family together by entering a dance competition . Cosmo is sweet and loving and his inte
Rachel Foley
Shannon
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is geared for 8-12 year olds and I am sure they would love this book. An adorable dog, Cosmo, whom is getting older, but still trying to do everything to keep his humans happy in a very unhappy house. The parents are fighting constantly, but thankfully the two children have each other, and Cosmo. When Max, the boy, can take it no longer he attempts to run away with less than desirable results.

This is a great book for dog lovers, or for those with children going through divo
Sasha
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

First I would like to state that I have received this book through goodreads giveaway in exchange for an honest review. I would like to thank the author for giving me this opportunity and honor in being able to read this book. When I received this book I began reading it at once. This book was a very interesting read. It pulls you in and keeps you wanting more. I would recommend this book to others. It is a very good read
Steph
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a gorgeous story about life, family, dealing with divorce and a dog who is trying his hardest to keep everything together when it’s falling apart. I loved Cosmo’s voice and his dogged determination and love for his human, Max. Uncle Reggie is a wonderful character. I definitely didn’t cry 3 times at this - no sir.
Hayley Penny
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s
I, Cosmo is an adorable book that follows a family's thirteen year old golden retriever, Cosmo. It's one I would recommend to absolutely everyone, and is heart-warming throughout.

It handles the heavy subject of divorce with a light humour, and ends on a wonderfully uplifting note that means it's suitable for all.
Chrys
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An absolutely delightful read, told from Cosmo's canine perspective, this is the story of love and devotion. Whilst trying to keep their family together, Max and Cosmo start taking dance lessons which leads to some wonderfully descriptive scenes and a heartwarming read.
Rachel
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
AWESOME!
Rachel
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was a very nice book going to keep it might read it again next year
Lisa Pcenicni
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
Amazing read!
Erin
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this heart! It's got so much humor and heart.
Carlie Sorosiak is the author of IF BIRDS FLY BACK, WILD BLUE WONDER, and I, COSMO. You can find her on Twitter and Instagram at @carliesorosiak.

*Note: I check Goodreads very, very, very rarely, so I'm sorry if I don't respond to requests!*