Start by marking “F is for Fairy” as Want to Read:

(Alphabet Anthologies)

“Anyone who believes that faeries are wee, golden-haired creatures with dragon-fly wings and sweet intentions has never met a real faerie.” –Suzanne Willis, “A Silver Thread Between Worlds”

Retellings of familiar favourites from new perspectives, and brand new stories share the pages of this fairy-themed collection. Within these offerings you’ll find fairy music and food, c
Published May 7th 2019 by Poise and Pen Publishing

To ask other readers questions about F is for Fairy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about F is for Fairy

Start your review of F is for Fairy
Dee Arr
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
As with any compilation, there are stories and then there are stories that shine. In this collection, all of the stories are good and well-written, and some of them are standouts.

My favorites? L.S. Johnson sets the pace with an opening story that mixed a familiar childhood tale with an intriguing twist, and C.S. MacCath followed by filling in the unknown pieces in an actual event that happened centuries ago. Andrew Bourelle’s story blended the fairy world with a touch of horror and dread. BD Wil
Anthony
F Is For Fairy continues Rhonda Parrish's greatly enjoyable "alphabet anthology" series with 26 stories ranging from flash fiction to almost novella length. Of course, not every story will work for every reader. But the majority of these worked for me.

The authors give us a wide variety of types of faeries, from the high fantasy/Tolkeinesque to tiny troublemakers of the Disney variety. The very first story treats us to a tweak of the Sleeping Beauty myth while another brings Irish pixies to colon
Riley
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
E is for Entertaining. This wonderful anthology of fairy stories will surely have something for everyone as all the stories are well written, full of creative twists and turns, yet naturally differ in style and subject matter. In addition to enjoying the book, it was also a pleasure to get to sample writings from so many new-to-me authors

Beth Cato
Sep 17, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Not a review. Includes my story for the letter Z.
This is the sixth Alphabet Anthology book, where each story is titled with a word starting with each subsequent letter of the alphabet. I wouldn't mind finding the first few (though they have different themes, so I don't feel like I missed anything). Overall this was a fun read, and I truly enjoyed trying to figure out what word each story was representing. Most of the time I was wrong ;)

The stories span genres--you'll find traditional fairy tales reminiscent of A Midsummer Night's Dream, urban
Robbie
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: storybundle
I picked this up because it was part of a Story Bundle and seemed like it might be a light diversion that would see me through a bad mood I was in. Then I read the first story and literally cried for quite a bit afterward. This has a really good blend of stories in it, running the gambit from high-ish fantasy to urban fantasy, drama to pure silliness. A few weren't particularly memorable, but a number of them were truly excellent and there weren't any that weren't at least an ok read. Most of th ...more
Topsues
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rhonda Parrish has produced a great anthology. She has picked a great variety of stories, making us realise that not all fairies are cute with little wings, they can indeed be deadly or anything in between. This book opens us up to many different worlds and great new storylines. It is can also be a quick read, as the most of the stories are novella sized with the advantage that you can pick it up and re-start it at any time with a new story. I’m sure there are stories in here that will suit anyb ...more
Covadonga
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am grateful to have won a copy of “F is for Fairy” of the “alphabet anthology” edited by Rhonda (the sixth so far, the others being Apocalypse, B for Broken, C for Chimera, D for Dinosaur, E for Evil), through LibraryThings Early Reviewers, in exchange for a honest review.
But I specifically requested this one because I have always liked fairies (in fact I collect objects, etc., with that thematic).

Warning: don’t read what follows if you want to play a little game: first the author is stated, t
Stephanie
F is for Fairy is an alphabet anthology of short stories that incorporate fairies or the world of fae in some way. Each story has a letter that it is themed around and a different author that offers a wide variety of writing styles and well as takes on what a fairy is. Like any anthology or collection, there were some stories that I liked better than others.

Many of the stories that I was drawn to included fairy re-imaginings of stories I already knew or included fairies from popular stories suc
Shannon McGee
May 26, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020, faeries, magic
This is Poise And Pen Publishing’s 6th book in the Alphabet Anthologies series. This one is 26 different stories about fairies. Each story is influenced by a letter of the alphabet, A-Z. What the word is not shown until the end of each tale.

Of course I gravitate towards this collection because ...fairies duh...they are only my favorite magical beings. Many of the stories were retellings of well-known fairy tales. Including the first story which is a retelling of Sleeping Beauty and later a new t
Ana Cordoba
Feb 23, 2019 rated it liked it
I'm going to start off by saying I don't particularly enjoy fantasy works that are based on middle earth esque environments. I used to when I was a kid in elementary school, but now as a adult in my twenties those types of stories are stale and repetitive to me.

With that said, I did like the originality and familiarity of fairy concepts that came up in this anthology. While plots of some stories were not my cup of tea, I was still entertained by the variety of characters that I was introduced t
Georgia
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great collection of 26 interesting short stories. 26 stories one for each letter of the alphabet by different authors using Fairy as the theme. I have not made it through all of them yet, but the ones I have read have been well written. Since these are short stories, you will never lose interest in this book. It was fun seeing familiar names and not so familiar names as well. I had to stop to give a quick review, now I am going back to reading this amazing book!

I received a free copy of this b
David Eggerschwiler
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"F is for Fairy" is an anthology of 26 short stories about fairies. Each story is linked to a word that starts with one letter of the alphabet.

The stories offer a wide selection of different aspects from an alternate view on classics such as Sleeping Beauty or The Midsummer Night's Dream, to a post apocalyptic setting where the myths of fairies are still present, and everything in between.

I greatly enjoyed this anthology and can wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone who wants to read a good book
Kristina
Krissy
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! The way the characters flowed and how they changed within themselves. Great insight to emotions and how Apple changed depending on her circumstance. I loved it. I Thoroughly enjoyed it!

Michelle Shemon
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alphabet Anthologies Book 6
Rhonda Parrish

This was a great collection of fairy stories. One for each letter of the alphabet by different authors. I loved the different types that were included. There were characters of all types and varieties - Something for everyone. I loved them!
Amanda Chipman
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a wonderful collection of stories. While some weren’t exactly my cup of tea, others were simply splendid. I highly encourage anyone who loves fantasy stories to pick up a copy as you’re sure to find something to love in this book.

Kerry Henderson
Sep 15, 2019 rated it liked it
A collection of stories about fairies using each letter of the alphabet.

This was an interesting anthology, some of the stories were really good, others were too short to really understand the story properly. I loved the alphabet link to the stories. I enjoyed trying to guess what the word might be. My favourite story was G is for Gentry.
Pat Eroh
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A series of short stories that are sure to delight readers. There is something for everyone among these tales.

Siyka
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was entertaining to read the different styles and works of those authors.
I liked the various takes on fairy tales and enjoyed the experience!

I received a free copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Miss E R Duncan
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic set and such great value. You get 26 stories inside this book ranging from very quick reads to longer length stories

Janice Drake
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful collection of stories revolving around fairies. Some are retellings of old stories and some have lots of twists and modern takes on old themes. I loved the book. I never realized there were so many different fairies!
Nan
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
F is for Fairy has something for every fairy fanatic out there. Some are based on old tales and some take new turns. The best part is being able to read stories from so many different authors. I received an advance copy of this book and voluntarily left my review.
Barbara
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is far from the usual abecedarius, with the entries varying from family-friendly through NC17, so parental discretion is definitely urged. It took me about two days to read.

Teri Ruscak
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rhonda Parrish
The latest book in the alphabet Anthology is f is for fairy. I really enjoyed the book!

Tanya
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fall in love with these fairy and other tales. You will have six lovely tales to read in this collection. Each one is done different but wonderful reads. Enjoy them

Lori
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received this as an ARC through Booksprout in return for my honest review. This was a very well written book. Once I started it I finished it in one sitting. I would definitely recommend this read.
NanaShauna Joesten
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A group of Authors who have put together a retelling of Fairytales using the alphabet. This is a wonderful read. And very well put together.
Shauna Joesten
Jenny_acc
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Once again, a very good collection of stories by Rhonda Parrish. I liked most of them,except a couple that were a bit confusing.
Mary T
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fairies
This is a collection of twenty-four very good stories by various authors. These stories peek your interest to read other works by these writers. A very enjoyable collection.

• Fantasy and Fairytales: The Complete Series, Books 1-8
  • The Guest List
  • Fear University Series: Books 1-3 + Novella
  • The Tomb of El Dorado (Sam Reilly #18)
  • Dragon Storm (Heritage of Power, #1)
  • The Rowan (The Tower and the Hive, #1)
  • If I Die Before I Wake: Tales of Karma and Fear (The Better Off Dead Series #1)
  • The Persistence of Memory (Star Trek TNG: Cold Equations, #1)
  • The Descent Series: Vol.1 (Descent, #1-3)
  • Half-Blood Dragon (Dragon Born Trilogy #1)
  • Infinity: A Bridger's Origin (Bridgers, #0)
  • Fall to Earth (Pillars of Fire and Light, #1)
  • Spirelli Paranormal Investigations: Season 1, Episodes 1-6
  • The Cycle of Arawn: The Complete Trilogy
  • A March of Kings (The Sorcerer's Ring, #2)
  • Mortality Bound - The Complete Boxed Set (Mortality Bound, #1-5)
  • Zinc Dragon (Dragon Guard of Drakkaris, #4)
  • Spring Break Heartache (A Spring Breakers Short Story)
Like a magpie, Rhonda Parrish is constantly distracted by shiny things. She’s the editor of many anthologies and author of plenty of books, stories and poems.

She lives with her husband and three cats in Edmonton, Alberta, and she can often be found there playing Dungeons and Dragons, bingeing crime dramas or cheering on the Oilers.

Her website, updated regularly, is at http://www.rhondaparrish.com

Alphabet Anthologies (6 books)
  • A is for Apocalypse
  • B is for Broken
  • C is for Chimera
  • D is for Dinosaur
  • E is for Evil (Alphabet Anthologies Book 5)

News & Interviews