Start by marking “Be Patient: The Waiting Game” as Want to Read:
Be Patient: The Waiting Game

Be Patient: The Waiting Game

They say patience is a virtue. (Yeah, right.)
Timing is everything. (Sure thing.)
All good things come to those who wait. (Really?)
If that’s the case, how long does a guy wait for the girl before he becomes a chump?

I’ve been best friends with Ellie Green since we were on the high school swim team and I was dating her best friend. A lot has changed since then, except now I’m
Published February 26th 2019 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Be Patient, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Be Patient

Start your review of Be Patient: The Waiting Game
Siobhan
The Waiting Game is another enjoyable little novella from Sierra Hill. It sucks you right in, ensuring you’ll devour it in no time, making it perfect for anyone looking for something quick to pass a short space of time.

Although I enjoyed The Waiting Game, I will be honest and say it isn’t my favourite Sierra Hill read. I can easily explain why this is. I’m not a fan of other woman drama, and there was some of that to be found in this story. It did not take up much space in the book, but as I’m n
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
This has got to be the sexiest, cutest novella out there! With them being friends I didn’t feel like I missed anything! They highlighted their friendship and all the ways they have been there for one another and I fee this picked up at the perfect moment in their lives! It was nice to see the fall and get a glimpse of their future! Novellas are tough because they could be too short and miss so much or be perfect like this one was!

Sierra did an amazing job at what it’s like to love someone from a
QuinnReads
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's cute, steamy, and dripping with sweetness, with the occasional moments of comic relief. Ellie and Deacon have been best friends for years but somewhere along the way, their feelings morphed into more. Exiting the friend-zone has some bumps but they manage them. I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Debbie Dumke
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
We’ve all heard the clichés “Timing is Everything”, “Two Ships Passing in the Night”, “Best Friends make the Best Lovers” etc. Ellie & Deacon’s story is the epitome of each of these but in the BEST way. I don’t know how Sierra manages to make the reader so vested in her characters in such a short story, but she does and I hope she never stops!

Ellie & Deacon have been friends since high school when they were on the swim team together, and he dated her best friend Kari. They remained friends in co
Laila Viking
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 star review:
This is one of the best romance stories I have read from Sierra Hill. All just fits. It has secrets, romance, steam, alpha male and twists that are unexpected. I could not put it down. It was captivating and kept me reading to know more. I liked the characters and their amazing chemistry.
They have been friends forever but he wants to take it to the next level. He wants to come out of the friendzone and that is not the easiest thing to do. But they have a hot night and what now?
Michelle Vandal
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So romantic & sexy Friends to Lovers
Be Patient a wonderful friends to lovers novella. Ellie & Deacon have been best friends for the past 10 years. When Ellie moves back to town their friendship is as solid as ever but they each hold a secret. They both have thoughts of 'more' with each other. Deacon is in love with Ellie. Has been for years but patiently waits for her, hoping for a sign that she feels the same. When a friendly night out together turns to 'more' they'll have to learn to navigate
Sue
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet, smexy friends to lovers story. Deacon and Ellie have been friends for a long time and despite time and distance, their friendship holds strong. They tell each other EVERYTHING except their real feelings about each other. The thought of losing their friendship keeps each of them firmly in the friend zone. But, without risks there are no rewards. Will they take that chance? Or are they meant to constantly be just two ships that pass in the night. Totally enjoyable, quick story about friends ...more
Sheila
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Deacon and Ellie have been friends since high school when they were on the swim team together and he was dating her BF. When they went away to college Deacon began to see Ellie as the beautiful woman she is but timing just was not right so he waited. Ellie moves back to their small town when she losses her job in the city but Deacon gives her a job at his business and one night after one too many drinks they move from the friend zone. Wow this is a hot sensual story and loved both Deacon and Ell ...more
Rochelle
Mar 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this friends to lovers’ story, always a favorite trope for me. Quick read with wonderful characters. Ellie and Deacon have been friends forever and it was fun watching them move into something more. This is why I always love this trope; you get to see couples finally realize what was in front of them the whole time but they were just too blind to see it. This is the same with this couple. They had such great chemistry between them. Loved the story.

I received an ARC of this book and I am v
Lisa H
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
How can Deacon ever get out of the friend zone?

Ellie is back in her small Pacific Northwest coastal town two years after graduating from college. She did two years in Portland but now is looking for a job in her home town.

Deacon used to date Ellie’s BF in high school. In college he finally noticed Ellie.
He’s had his dalliances, but he’s been waiting on Ellie.

Now that he’s given her a job at his Powell’s Surf Shop & Sports, will she finally see him as the man for her?

I received a free copy of th
poppy
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ng
This was a really sweet friends to lovers romance. Deacon and Ellie have been best friends forever and they tell each other everything except how they feel for each other neither one wants to lose their friendship so they have never acted on their feelings for each other. Now Ellie is back home and working for Deacon and after a few drinks one night they take the plunge. This was a super read I really liked these two together this was a really sweet yet sexy read
J. Ockenhouse
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sierra made me feel that Deacon and Ellie were living, breathing and believable characters. Their story was a quick read but I didn't feel that anything was left out.

The energy between them could light up the night. Friends to lovers story done right. Not insta but you as a reader knew they couldn't let that fire go out. When they get together the fireworks are beautiful. I received an ARC for an honest and voluntarily review.
Giofab21
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Though a quick read, this story hits the right spots as best friends Deacon and Ellie finally try jumping out of the friend zone. Their story only made me look back at a couple of my guy friends and I have to admit made me think what if? Just enough background so we believe and relate to their connection and definitely a hot hookup. Patience is not one of my strengths so more power to them both.
Debra Richardson
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this short sweet read so much! It is a well written, witty, funny, and captivating fast pace read. An amazing storyline that is well developed, fresh, and flows smoothly. Loveable characters; the chemistry between them is potent and undeniable. This story grabs your attention from the start and keeps it until the end. Definitely recommended. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Christine
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta-read
Oh my! I just adored Deacon and Ellie!! They had such a strong friendship and I could sense the chemistry between them - especially when they got tipsy! Alcohol definitely gave them that extra push they needed to get out of the friend zone. And getting to see them in the future after they finally get together...…that epilogue truly made me smile!

Marybeth
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an adorably sweet and sexy little story that feels like a timing is everything tale. Just friends, thats what Ellie and Deacon have been since high school. Now at 24, she is back where she never thought she would end up, in her home town. Deacon has been back since they graduated from college. So now that they have been set in the direct path of each other again, will they finally see what has always been there between them? Sierra does such a great job as always of getting you so involv ...more
Rina's Reads
* I received an ARC but am leaving an honest and voluntary review *

Yum... HELLO new book boyfriend 😍 Loved it! The banter, the tension, the steam and that HEA... perfection!

It was a quick and easy read that had me hooked early on, I didn't want to put it down.

Sierra Hill is new to me as an author but I will DEFINITELY be reading more of her books.
Sara Oxton
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Waiting Game by Sierra Hill a sweet as star five-star read. This was such a sweet and steamy story, this is one of those stories that will apeall to many, if you have ever left someone in the friendzone or been left in the friend zone you will so get this story, and if you haven’t ever been in the zone allow Ellie and Deacon to show you how to navigate it, as they do it so well, well they try to do it so well, but its scary getting out of that Zone. This is short and sweet and filled with pa ...more
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Oh My Goodness. I have loved reading these amazing books. You feel so invested in the characters and story when you read them.These books were gripping, well written and the chemistry between the characters was just awesome!!

Janet Adams
Feb 22, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars This book was good but not great;maybe because it was a novella and it could have been developed more. I enjoyed the premise of the story because I love the friends to lovers trope. I would definitely read more stories by this author.

Angelica Larsson
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book that I have read by this author and it will not be the last. I enjoyed the storyline and the characters. Loved the ambience of the book.

Celicia Fowlkes
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes it pays to just wait it out. In this case, it did. Neither was ready for each other when they were younger. Timing was just right this time.

Jeanne Richardson
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the 2nd book I've read written Sierra Hill; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I will definitely be reading more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Melissa
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I want a Deacon!

I love short love stories like this! Quick, easy read that had me hooked from the beginning. Sierra’s characters are always fun, sexy and ones you would want to have as your friends or lovers ;)
Sarah Peña
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This a great short friends to lovers story.
Ellie and Deacon have great banter and really hot chemistry!!
It was the right amount of sweet and sexy.
A bit of angst thrown in and it was a really well rounded novella!!
Really good!!
M
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun, sweet, friends to lovers novella. Ellie and Deacon were cute together.
Lisa Hemming
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Friendship is the best foundation for true love because you know each other on a personal level. You know each other’s likes and dislikes, favorite foods, movies and music, and you have shared your hopes and dreams. This describes Deacon and Ellie’s relationship and he learned that if he persevered, his future would all fall into place.

Ellie and Deacon were best friends in high school and it continued when they went away to college. He was always there for her when she needed him and he never sa
Kelly Green
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Such a sweet friends to lovers romance. I loved Deacon and Ellie! It was a fun, quick read. Not a lot of angst or drama. Just sweet, sexy love. I give it 4 🌟 😍
Kimberly
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book is a good romance read. The story has a good story line. The characters are good, and they have good chemistry. The story is a quick fun read. The story is a good sweet friends to lovers romance read.

Marianela Aybar (Mari Loves Books Blog)
You gotta give Deacon some credit for being so patient for so long. For the first part of the story I was screaming at him to just tell Ellie how he felt. Their relationship was so sweet and the chemistry off the charts. So glad they figured it out.

I originally read this when it was Be Patient and I love the extra content Sierra added to this one. I love the relationship between Ellie and Deacon and how their relationship progressed organically. They already had a foundation. The story is sweet,

• Brix (A Rebels Havoc, #1)
  • Jock Blocked (Copper Valley Fireballs #1)
  • Down to Fall (Love Happens #5)
  • Southern Storms (Compass, #1)
  • Southern Chance (Southern Series, #1)
  • Hatemates
  • Kiss King (Forever You #2)
  • Silver Brewer (The Silver Foxes of Blue Ridge)
  • Baiting Him (How to Catch an Alpha #2)
  • The Girl in the Love Song (Lost Boys, #1)
  • Code Name: Hacker (Jameson Force Security, #4)
  • Can I Come Over?
  • Dear Enemy
  • The Trade
  • Unbreakable (Cloverleigh Farms, #4)
  • Without You
  • Code Name: Ghost (Jameson Force Security, #5)
  • The Legend (Rivers Wilde, #2)
Sierra Hill wrote her first full-length romance after a corporate acquisition led her to a stint of unemployment, offering her some quality writing time.

She loves writing about the fictional characters that live in her brain who constantly shout for their own love story to be told.

Sierra resides in the Pacific Northwest with her husband of twenty years and her long-haired, German Shepherd. She i

News & Interviews