Start by marking “Stay With Me (Hope Valley #5)” as Want to Read:
Stay With Me (Hope Valley #5)

Stay With Me

(Hope Valley #5)

Cord and Rory's story

Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead

Rory has strong roots in Hope Valley, her family's bar the Tap Room has been in operation for years and now Rory's running it. When Cord moved to town Rory saw the man that she wanted and after a while she made a move, unforately he informed her he was still hung up on his ex so he friend zoned her. Heartbroken but determined to keep her chin up Rory settled for friendship with the one man she'd always wanted. When Cord's ex returned to town she had to watch as they resumed their r
Rejane
Sep 11, 2019 marked it as no-way-jose  ·  review of another edition
Doormat detected 🤖
Doormat detected 🤖
Don’t touch the book or your head will be blown up
Tracy  C
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome book. Rory was fierce! And I loved the fact that Cord loved that about her. The scenes where she defends her people were amazing. Her parents were also the coolest.
Bookgasms Book Blog
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: missy
It’s been a few days since I finished Stay With Me and I’m still struggling to come up with the words to express just how much I loved Rory and Cord’s story.

I knew it would be fantastic, challenging, and sexy AF, but it was also beautiful and insightful and so heartfelt.

Rory and Cord have painful pasts, pasts where they’ve felt unloved, a little broken, and wondered if they’d ever fine “the one”—the one person who would love them, stay by their side through life’s challenges.

They both know the
MiDouradoP
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
And once again, this author astounded me.

I'm getting repetitive and tiring, I think, but I must say it again: this is one of the best series I've ever read, that just keeps getting better and better, and every time I read a book from it, that one becomes my favorite.

I can't even believe I 'm saying this, I mean, Lincoln totally stole my heart right at the beginning in Out Of My League and I was waiting for Marco in Wrong Side Of The Tracks since even before this series started (his first appeara
Fiona Fog
I'm so in love with what Jessica has written here with Cord & Rory's story. It exceeded my expectations! She delivered with the emotional pull and the continuity was freaking spot on.

Rory knew the instant Cord walked into the bar he was her forever. The one man she'd been waiting for. They became friends. Best friends.

When Cord shut Rory down she was beyond devastated. She'd pinned all her hopes and dreams on him and he walked away. A decision he has agonized over for the last four years. T
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Jessica Prince has slayed and stolen my entire heart with the fifth book (while technically a standalone, don't short yourself out on the history that builds in each book in this series!!) in the Hope Valley series and ohmigish y'all! BEST BOOK OF THIS ENTIRE SERIES TO DATE! So many feels, so much history, and sooooo much undeniable chemistry packed into one unforgettable, unputdownable, unstoppable book.

Stay With Me is THE STORY I've wanted since I met Rory and Cord and watched them int
Jennifer D.
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jessica Prince does it again! I swear, just when I think there is no way she can top the last one, she proves me wrong. This book was the sweetest! I absolutely loved Rory and Cord! I have been rooting for Rory to get her happily ever after since she was first introduced. She is my kind of woman!
Gah! Don't get me started on Cord. He's is one hunk of sweet alpha male (once he pulled his head out of his ass). So sexy!! Add in Zach and this book has all the feels! 😍
Michelle Damron
Thuy Taylor
I LOVED THIS BOOK!

I've been DYIN for Cord and Rory's story since book 1 of this series. There was just something about these two and Jessica did not disappoint. Rory is such a strong gal, she's not going to be treated like second best anymore. No more getting passed over, even though she loves Cord with all her heart. Cord made the worst wrong decision in his life when he chose wrong, losing the love of his life and his best friend, Rory, but now he's going to stop at nothing to win her back.

I l
Becca Stanfield Vernon
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! Rory & Cord might be my favorite couple in this series! The sassiness & take charge attitude that makes Rory was probably the best part of this story. She is by far the fiercest of all the ladies & you definitely shouldn’t piss her off. I was extremely angry with Cord in the beginning, but that man certainly knows how to redeem himself. This story is so full of love, strength & fun that you will not be able to put it down. I was not ready for this story to end. A beautiful ...more
Elizabeth
Sep 09, 2019 marked it as nope-nope-nope  ·  review of another edition
Pining, celibate heroine, as is the usual with this author I think about dipping back in and remember why I dont read her ever 🙄
BookishStacy
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I only recently found the Hope Valley series and have seriously LOVED each book, but I just knew that this one was going to be special. I just knew that Cord and Rory's romance was going to hit me straight in the feels and I WAS NOT WRONG.

Theirs is a story of longing; of waiting and hoping that you can finally have the most special kind of love. Cord knew that Rory made him feel things he had never felt, but because of personal loyalty, he had to push her away. Later, he realizes his mistake, a
Izzie d
Garden Of REden
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amy's Review

I'm a fan of all kinds of genres and sub-genres, but there is something about unrequited love stories that just hit me in the feels, every time.  This is even more true when written by Jessica Prince.  When we were introduced to the possibility of Rory and Cord earlier in the series I wasn't sure what kind of storyline we were going to get.  I was beyond excited when I realized that unrequited is what we were going to get.

I was hooked from the prologue.  The emotions unleashed in jus
Nightbird Novels
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Rory Hightower loves living in Hope Valley, and just about everything about her one of a kind town. From her magical childhood growing up on the ranch, to owning the highly frequented family business, and her close knit group of amazing friends, Rory has a fantastic life. But she finds herself only missing one small thing... someone to share it with.

Cord Paulson moved to Hope Valley for a new start, to secure himself a home, and a future like nothing he ever imagined. Finding a community with pe
Franci Neill
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jessica-prince
5 She’s His Sun, the Moon and the Stars!!!!

We finally get Rory’s story and the wait has totally been worth it!! If you’ve read this series, then you know Rory is the woman that runs The Tap Room and is friends with all my favorite women in Hope Valley. She’s been crushing over Cord for the last few years and just when she thought this was their chance…he goes and ruins it!!

This is how the book opens, with Rory sitting beside Cord’s hospital bed; he’s here because of what happened in the Wrong
SCBookAddict
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an amazing story! What an amazing series! Each time I claim one as my favorite she writes another one that grabs my heart! Jessica Prince has given us five interconnected books so far in this series yet each one is completely able to stand on its own and has a personal touch for the readers in each story!

"Dear Lord, I want this one. Please, please let me have him. "

I have been wanting to get inside Rory's head from the moment she was caught staring at Cord. She's been a hard nut to crack b
Sharon Moritz-rosenthal

I received a review copy before release for an honest review.

This was an awesome story with some complicated and wonderful characters that I fell hard for. The early part of the story was hard to read and I kinda hated Cord but later I fell completely in love with both Rory and Cord.

The hardest part of this story was the beginning as Cord meets Rory 4 years before the book starts. They become best friends for the first two years. Then 2 years before his ex comes to town and he dumps Rory as his
Marta Bo
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have BIG problem with Jesicca's books... like a very very HUGE one... Propably I'm repeating myself but once I start Her new Baby, I want to re-read all the previous ones. I'm totally in love with this characters - Mrs Prince is this author for me, for who I will drop everything, just to read Her new book.

HOW amazing it was come back to Hope Valley another time !!! This is one of my favorite "imaginary" place with my favorite "imaginary" characters... and I know, I'm saying this all the time..
Georgie
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was waiting for this book from the second we got a little bit of a glimpse into Rory and her longingly glancing at Cord from her position behind the bar!

I was not disappointed!

This is one of my most favorite feel good small town happy ever after series! I go into all Jessica Prince books knowing I'm going to come out the other side happier than before.

Her words are like a warm blanket for me -I always feel better after reading her books.

Don't get me wrong -you go through a little bit of turmo
Michaela Kathleen
Jessica Prince is an author who always brings her A game to every single story she writes and I don’t say this lightly! Every story I’ve read from her Civil Corruption series to her Girl Talk series to The Locklaine Boys, Prince always guarantees the following things: strong kick ass women, alpha males and swoon worthy romance with just enough angst to keep you on your toes and STAY WITH ME was no exception. Though Stay With Me is considered a standalone, I’d highly recommend starting with Out o ...more
Dawn Herring
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had the opportunity to join Ms. Prince's review team right about the time this series began, and I jumped at the chance. Since then, this author has become one of my favorites, primarily because I know I can trust her. Even if she tackles a trope that's not one of my favorites, I know she'll create realistic, strong characters and not employ contrived scearnios to manipulate the story. In every book in this series, at some point, I've found myself thinking, "Huh, I didn't think this would play ...more
Ri
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My heart...

I feel like I have been waiting for Cord and Rory's story forever. Even though I loved all the other stories in this series of standalones, I knew there was going to be something special with these two. I was right to feel that way. It was more than special. It was everything.

Finally getting the backstory of Cord was so important and made me love him even more than I already did. I think this is BECAUSE of his backstory and because of the connection with Zach. I, too, went through wha
Cheryl O'Harney
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC read in return for an honest review.

We’re back in Hope Valley again and this time it’s Cord and Rory’s turn in the spotlight, we get to know a bit more about Cord’s background and what brought him to Hope Valley, we also get to know the reasons behind their shattered friendship in this slow burn, beautifully written second chance romance.

Cord made a choice, the wrong one at that and one he regrets, the decisions he made ended up costing him his friendship with Rory and shattering any future
Johnaka
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stay with Me by Jessica Prince
“Will they finally get together? 5 stars”

Cord and Rory have been circling each other for years now. There is no denying that she want’s him but his heart belongs to another. Or so she thinks. What will happen if Cord finally makes his move? Will she believe he’s being genuine or does he want his cake and eat it too?
Cord won’t deny that he’s wanted Rory since the moment he laid eyes on her. The only problem is he is loyal and his heart belongs to someone else. But th
Leslie Ooten
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! Every time a new book in this series comes out, I think it can't be any better than the last one, but every book in this series is awesome!! Rory is my hero :) The heroines in this author's work are always great, but Rory is a badass! She took no crap from ANYONE regardless of what their title was. Cord was a great character, and I was happy to finally see him get his head out of his butt when it came to Rory. Cord and Rory were great together, and their chemistry was hot! Zac ...more
Maura
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Previously Mentioned FACT: Jessica Prince is a one click author for me
Previously Mentioned FACT: I love small town romances
Previously Mentioned FACT: I love small town romances where characters "visit" in other's stories
Previously Mentioned FACT: I love small town romances that have a continuing thread tying them all together yet keeping them uniquely apart.

NEW FACT: Love when small town romances can be held to a higher standard and bring in social issues in such a way that you don't even realiz
Alice
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awwwwww! I just finished Stay with Me and OOOOOOMGGGGG!!!
I ABSO-F**KING-LUTELY LOVED IT!!!
When I first met Rory and Cord I really really wanted to KNOW their story!
AND HERE IT IS!!!
A WONDERFULLY INTENSE LOVE STORY ABOUT CHEMISTRY, PASSION, FRIENDSHIP, TRUST, LOOOOOVE, CHANGES!!!!
Awwww and just so much moooore!
YOU HAVE TO READ THIS BOOK BECAUSE IT'S BRILLIANT!!!
I love Rory and Cord from the bottom of my heart and I'm more than happy that I got the chance to experience their heartbreakingly
Renee Entress
5 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has pain, suspense, and heartbreak.

If you have not read the below I would recommend reading those books(s) first
Out of My League (Hope Valley #1)
Come Back Home Again (Hope Valley #2)
The Best of Me (Hope Valley #3)
Wrong Side of the Tracks (Hope Valley #4)

This is Rory and Cord‘s story. Rory believed she would get her happily ever after and have her one love. But she had him and lost him. He left her and she was crushed. Now he wants her back but
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Born and raised around Houston, Jessica is a self proclaimed caffeine addict, connoisseur of inexpensive wine, and the worst driver in the state of Texas. In addition to being all of these things, she’s first and foremost a wife and mom.
Growing up, she shared her mom and grandmother’s love of reading. But where they leaned toward murder mysteries, Jessica was obsessed with all things romance.
Whe

Hope Valley (6 books)
  • Out of My League (Hope Valley #1)
  • Come Back Home Again (Hope Valley #2)
  • The Best of Me (Hope Valley #3)
  • Wrong Side of the Tracks (Hope Valley #4)
  • The Second Time Around (Hope Valley #6)