Start by marking “Sightseeing in Manhattan (A 425 Madison Novel, #9)” as Want to Read:
Sightseeing in Manhattan (A 425 Madison Novel, #9)

Sightseeing in Manhattan

(425 Madison #9)

Hannah Rae
On stage at a Man Candy night with the music blaring and her hands trailing the oily, well-defined abs of another man is where Hannah-Rae realises that maybe she isn’t as heartbroken about her cheating ex as she had first thought. She had known she needed to make some big decisions about life before flying out to NYC, she just hadn’t expected her heart would be
Published July 18th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Sightseeing in Manhattan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sightseeing in Manhattan

Brutally  Book Reviews
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To say I loved this is a understatement. The 2 main characters Hannah-Rah and Matt were instantly likeable. Hannah is partially sighted but at no point did I feel this was used just because the writer could use a disability to her advantage or just to move the story on. Matt is a lovely guy and I quickly fell in love with him no matter what faults both Hannah and Matt have they are utterly a truly likeable characters. There story takes us on a roller-coaster ride of highs and lows and lots of em ...more
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hannah Rae and Matt pulls you into this story. They both have something to prove and their captivation with each other only grows stronger as they get to know each other. They have dance in common but will it be enough to build a relationship on? I voluntarily agreed to receive an ARC of this book for an honest review.
Jul 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Sightseeing in Manhattan is the final book in the 425 Madison series. This book was well written but I found it challenging to relate to the characters. Hannah-Rae is a visually impaired dancer and Matt is struggling to work multiple jobs to support his mom and sister.

There were certain plot points that weren't explained in enough detail early on that threw me off. Not to mention the initial meeting between Hannah-Rae and Matt while it was super hot, it was also a bit odd.

I'm finding it a bit
Courtnay Gray
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a perfect way to end this series!!

Hannah won a competition along with two their girls so she has moved from Wales all the way to NYC. New friends, new places and most importantly new Hannah. She is a gorgeous, strong woman that won’t let her disability stop her. On her first night in NYC she goes out with her new roommates/friends for a night on the town and ends up at a club where she meets an interesting man that turns her world upside down for all the right reasons!!

This is the 9th
Gladys
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book offered a relatively unique heroine. Hannah-Rae is visually impaired. As I do not think enough books are written that feature characters with disabilities, I really appreciated this. I thought this character was likable. For me Matt was just an OK character. I liked the love he had for his sister and mother and admired how hard he worked, other than that I can't say he inspired any connection or strong feelings in me. The story itself was alright. I'm sure that the author was going for ...more
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After winning a dance competition, Hannah Rae and two of her fellow competitors leave Wales and head to New York City to try and make their ballet dreams come true. They have one year to focus on honing their skills, and try and land a spot at a prestigious NYC ballet school. It has always been Hannah Rae's dream to dance among the best, and she has never let the fact that she is visually impaired get in her way, if anything it has drove her to work harder.

On their first night in the big city Ha
Stacey (Total Book Addicts)
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing

"When I watch you do ballet, it’s like you’re dancing to fit in a box. I just wonder what would happen if you took the lid off, you know?"

This is the first book I've read in the 425 Madison series and reading this book has made me want to read the others.

I loved how this book made me feel. It made me feel so happy.

Hannah-Rae is in her early 20's and is partially sighted. She wins a competition where you get to live in an apartment rent free for a year in New York City. Hannah-Rae has two roommat
Sofia´s Beddable Reads
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it

What a beautiful story!
Thoroughly inspiring.

Time has been so short lately and it's unfortunate that, because of it, this book would've likely gone under my radar, so I'm truly happy that I had a chance to read it.

I've read from Autumn Ruby before, but it's the first time reading C. Lesbirel, and I loved every single word.
Also, I'm definitely curious about all the "425 Madison Avenue" books, now.

Hannah-Rae is strong, talented a beautiful, inside and out and Matt is hard-working, a true gentleman
Amy M. (Amy Loves Reading Blog)
Brand new author to me and I love being swept off my feet! I wasn’t sure what this one was going to be about since I didn’t look into the title after it was named. Such a different way of taking on a book and gave me new perspective on things I took for granted.

Hannah-Rae is an incredible woman without even trying to do so... she puts things is a no bullshit way. She doesn’t want to be treated any differently since she’s just a regular person just like everyone else. The transformation she does
Angela
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story is everything, it absolutely melted my heart.
Hannah-Rae is partially sighted, but she has a dream . That dream is to join a famous ballet school . To do this she has to shake off the old insecure Hannah-Rae, & shake off the cheating boyfriend & make him an ex . With the help of her mum Hannah-Rae enters a competition that could change her life . Winning it would see her moving from her small town in Wales to Manhattan in the US.
Matt works three jobs to keep him, his mum, &
Paulette
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book captured my heart from the first page. Be prepared to not be prepared for this type of story. It’s unique, different, engaging and will capture your heart. You will read it in what seems to be a minute. It flies by that fast.
The two main characters Hannah Rae and Matt fit together like a hand and a glove. Although Hannah Rae is the heroine of this story make no mistake Matt is definitely the hero. Both characters have issues to be dealt with that are entirely different from one another
Karenlou
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
**sigh**

This is the final book from the amazing 425 Madison series, and boy it didn’t disappoint!

I love love LOVE Hannah-Rae, she wins a competition to audition for one of the best dance school in New York. She is also visually impaired. Back home in Wales she is made to feel like she was a chore to Alex , her boyfriend, so she ends it and moves across to America and straight into 425 Madison.

The connection to the building is so different to the rest of the stories as it’s from the feel, the s
Isha Coleman
Shelves: first-reads
It's said that in times of heartbreak, laughter can heal the damage that threatens to swallow a heart. Sightseeing in Manhattan puts that theory to the test. Lesbirel puts the moves on emotions with a tale that refuses to dwell on the heartache and endeavors to explore the human spirit. Hannah and Matt have both been dealt some devastating blows, but refuse to let the pain define them. She has a dream that will take her out of comfort zone, if she has the courage to reach out and grab hold of it ...more
Astrid Rudloff
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily review an ARC.
This is the ninth and last book of the 425 Madison series, the books are standalones.
This was the first book by this author I've read, but probably not the last one.
It was also my first book about an almost blind girl. Her way of seeing the world and life in general with all the little but important details so many people don't recognize was inspiring.
This book has a really interesting storyline, sensible protagonists with reliable character developments, very sensua
Tracy W (Tracy&HelensRomanceBlog)
Wow!!!

This story is out of this world unbelievably brilliant. I can’t put into words how this book made me feel. From the minute I picked up this story, it had me captivated and hooked throughout.

The characters in this story held my heart, to watch them achieve their dreams and not letting obstacles get in their way was so refreshing to read. It showed you that anything is possible if you have the right mind set to go out and achieve it. I loved the relationship these characters had, you could
tara cooke
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have literally just this minute finished this book. Oh my god what a book!!!!!! Absolutely adored it.
Hannah-Rae is my new hero.
This book has captured what anxiety feels like, what dancing feels like. How there is that one person who can make you feel truly safe when it comes to dancing and one person who can always make you feel safe when having an anxiety attack perfectly.
Beautiful story, beautiful characters, beautifully written.
Be prepared to fall head over heels in love with Hannah-Rae
Katie
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Disclosure: I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

I haven't read any of the other books in the 425 Madison series, but I also didn't know there were others until I came to Goodreads and saw that this was the finale. So, it can definitely be read as a standalone, in my opinion.

This was a super cute, super sweet read featuring exotic dancer Matt and aspiring-ballerina and visually-impaired Hannah-Rae. The drama is very, very brief and limited. It's mostly about Hannah-Rae trying to
Shaun Walsh
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! Sweet, sexy, and all the feels! Ladies, get ready to meet Matt, the hottest stripper with a heart of gold! He is absolutely my dream boyfriend, just perfection! Hanna Rae is my hero! She doesn't let life or her disability get in the way of her dreams! She takes a huge leap of faith and finds she can stand on her own two feet all by herself! These two find each other in a twist of fate and magic happens! A beautiful romance that proves we can all overcome our challenges in life ...more
Cali Gals
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hannah Rae and Matt have a magic story to tell. Ugh there are so many elements that keep me intrigued in this telling.

Our heroine is not only a dancer and from Europe but she also is visually impaired with a guide dog. Love it. Her parents sound amazingly supportive especially her mom. This author also gives her two wonderfully supportive new friends and roommates for Hannah Rae to interact with. Go girl power. Hope we get to meet Libby and Brooke again. (Wink)

Matt represents a true dream man.
Angie Klug
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: emotional, hot-steamy
OH what a fantastic story to end this series!!!!!!! I have been so lucky to read each and every one...and this one is definitely a Top 3 of the whole thing!

So much unexpected...meet cute...loyal friends...complicated family and histories...growth....and true true soul mate love!

I don't want to give away any more details than you'll get in the description, so I'll just say that these are some of my favorite characters with some of the best dreams. And I LOVE seeing some of the best dreams come tr
Jacinta
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this story! Hannah-Rae and Matt were just perfect they had great chemistry and were so relatable. Their story felt so real and I loved their interactions.
It was well written and easy to read.

These are 2 of my favourite lines out of the book!

"Moments. Small moments that withstand the test of time. Life is far from perfect, but it does have some perfect moments"

"Some people find their way into your life and have a way of creating a space for themselves. In your world. In your
CL Westbrook
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book will make your heart swoon as you read this heart warming book between two beautiful hearts who for reasons of there own, have had there hearts broken and don't see themselves in a relationship. Hannah-Rae has her own demons which she faces every day as does Matt but when they meet in the most bizarre of circumstances we see fireworks erupt. This story is just fabulous to read. Love and romance, cute yet full of of fun and banter. Love the UK twist. Another amazing book in the 425 seri ...more
Mawgan Dipple
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-reads

This book is the last in this 425 Madison ave series and it was inspirational.
Hannah-rae a girl from Wales travels to New York to follow her dreams. Meeting Matt on her first night in the city ended up opening her eyes to the possibilities in her life, not letting anything hold her back. Matt was the same, through hannah-rae he found he had forgotten his dream as the both set out in a future together. I won't spoil the storyline but this story will inspire you to just go for it, no matter what l
Cynthia L. Green
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have enjoyed all of the authors that have written stories about 423 Madison Avenue. This is a great story about a partial blind women who beats the odds to dance. She meets someone who gives her what she needs to practice and he doesn't help unless she asks for help. The story shows that there are still people who make fun of a disability or handicap person who doesn't understand what they go through. I loved the characters and the great story lines. Can't wait for the next one.
Kelly Green
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Inspiring! That's what this story is! Hannah-Rae is just inspiring. She takes a huge leap of faith and moved to a different country to pursue her dream once she decided to kick some loser to the curb. The things that she goes through to get to where she wants to be is just astounding! When life hands her lemons.... she really does make lemonade! And Matt is just the kind of man every girl wants... taking care of his mom and sister... you know he's a good one! Great story!
Nicole Chu
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a perfect end to a great series!
Hannah Rae and Matt were so good together! I loved them from first lap dance!
I have never read a story where a character was visually impaired so wasn’t sure how it would change the dynamic. It gave a new perspective to every day life! Loved it!
Also loved Hannah Rae’s roommates and Matt’s family!
Perfect perfect!
Ashley
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, Sightseeing in Manhattan is awesome. Hannah-Rae wins a dance contest and goes to New York City to try and make her dream of her lifetime come true. She and her friends decide to go clubbing their first night. While there Hannah-Rae is pulled on the stage by a male stripper, Matt. Matt and Hannah-Rae have a chemistry that is off the charts. I really enjoyed reading this book.
Lisa Marie Barrera
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
SWOON-WORTHY & BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN STORYTELLING!! SIGHTSEEING IN MANHATTAN by C. Lesbirel was the ICING on a Rollercoaster Ride of Cakes in the ENDING of the 425 Madison Series with Other Amazing Authors!
Vickie Beams
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely floved this book! It was so heartwarming and true. It made me fall in love with the characters! I think this shows that love can withstand anything! I love this series and can't wait to read the next book!
Megan Damrow
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a truly heartfelt and beautiful story. It was engaging and captured my heart right away. Hannah Rae takes a leap of faith when she moves to New York and it pays off when she finds Matt. These characters were kind, heartwarming, hardworking, and inspiring. Loved this installment to the series.
Editing begins! 1 1 Jun 15, 2019 04:00AM

425 Madison (9 books)
  • Must Love Coffee (A 425 Madison Novel, #1)
  • Let Me Love You (A 425 Madison Novel, #2)
  • Just Swipe Right (A 425 Madison Novel, #3)
  • Two For Holding (A 425 Madison Novel, #4)
  • Boyfriend Maintenance (A 425 Madison Novel, #5)
  • Love Under Construction (A 425 Madison Novel, #6)
  • Back For More (A 425 Madison Novel, #7)
  • Accidentally in Love (A 425 Madison Novel, #8)