Start by marking “King's Men (The Savage Fall, #1)” as Want to Read:
King's Men (The Savage Fall, #1)

King's Men

(The Savage Fall Duet #1)

The more treacherous the lie…

Ten years ago, Snowy Hollings did the unthinkable: she betrayed the love of her life.

Now, when her family's fortune is decimated overnight, the popular socialite is in for a rude awakening: you reap what you sow.

…the harder the fall.

Mysterious newcomer Blake Lorenz despises everything that Snowy Hollings stands for--and he's determined to destr
Published February 27th 2019

To ask other readers questions about King's Men, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about King's Men

Start your review of King's Men (The Savage Fall, #1)
Eve (Between The Bookends)
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
description

description
WOW...so this book was...INTENSE. Lana sky is yet another new "to me" author I decided to take a chance on, and I seem to have hit the jackpot lately with amazing books by authors I have never read before. As soon as I saw the synopsis for this book, my dark loving heart beat a little faster and I knew I needed to get my grubby hands on a copy. I liked it a lot.

It was super dark in the sense that the hero was just god awful. And actually, that is the main reason I couldn't go all in with a 5-S
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
King
3.5 Stars

So This was a new author for me and let me tell you she sure can write: this was an excellently written story and I definitely can't fault King's Men on this author's exceptional story-telling ability.
This really was quite a dilemma for me in terms of my eventual rating here as on the one hand I was glued to this until the final closing words that certainly managed to grip me with there brilliant intensity.
But then this also equally repelled me with the psychological warfare used agains
Sentranced Jem
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am never lost for word but this book...woh!

I am absolutely gobsmacked you guys.
This book is DARK. I mean, I've read my fair share of dark romance but this book is insane!

I think I should warn you that thing book is most definitely not for a lot of people.It has a lot of triggers and when it comes to possessive anti-hero, a story that pushed the boundaries of comfort, King's men has that label written all over it.

Having said that, I feel like I am having an out of body influence. This book is c
Natshane
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc

"All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't fix Humpty Dumpty."
"Only he could do that, someone brave enough to climb a wall despite the danger."

It’s 5.30 am and I’m wide awake.

After a tumultuous adventure into the dark and twisted, sleep evades me as my mind swirled with the thoughts of Blake and Snowy. King's Men was hauntingly raw and painfully beautiful. I escaped the world scathed and bruised only to be desperately wanting for more.

I'll only ever want you when you're a bro
Naadira  Moodley (BookedMercy)
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: anti-hero, arc
I am broken. This book was evocative. My heart is hearting so bad. My eyes won’t stop leaking. I am a mess. I AM BROKEN.

Snowy Hollings betrayed the only person in her corner. They only guy that was there for her. The boy who captured her teenage heart. Ten years pass and she still harbors the guilt and is a completely new person. She shows less of her true self. She learns to hide behind her fake smiles but her life starts crumbling. She has become a pauper overnight. The Hollings name is al
Carla Bulian
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story is great with a lot of secrets.
I liked it.
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

*My first Lana Sky book read

The first thing that comes to my mind when I think of this book is -complicated. The love story that is told in this duet is complicated but so deeply ingrained in these characters that you can not put this book down. This first book is told strictly in Snowy's words which doesn't take away from the story.

Snowy is the crown jewel of her family and is made to do things for her family so that they can keep their wealth and companies in high standings. But when she
Cécile Smits
Having read the blurb,i knew this wasn’t going to be an easy read,and i was right....
This first part of a duet deals with a number of issues,an eating disorder being one...

Snowy betrayed her childhood friend,or did she? Sending him to prison for something he didn’t do?

Blake will make sure she pays for it! He’ll take her,brake her,and leave her a shell with nothing left...
What he does,is só cruel,it’s evil,but....the glimpses you see along the line of the man underneath the mask? There’s more tha
Sissy's Romance Book Review
King's Men by Lana Sky is book one in The Savage Fall Duet Series. This starts the story of Snowy Hollings and Blake Lorenz. Snowy hasn't had a easy life growing up and only had one true friend that cared for her and she for him. But she betrayed him which deeply hurt her too. Now in the present day she finds that everything is taken from her..even herself. Blake is out for blood in his revenge...with Snowy as his pray. This is a very dark romance that may not be for some readers that have trigg ...more
The Dark Newsletter.com
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark, abuse
This is utterly dark and twisted ride, full of intrigue, pain, and one family's history that is so full of lies and deceit it spills over into every members' lives.
Emotionally raw and over the top passion and forgotten love.

SALE
On sale for a limited time

dark
Kira
Jun 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Tammy
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was hooked from beginning to end! Blake and Snow have steamy chemistry; however, their story is a dark one filled with painful memories and lies. Snow would do anything for her father and her family and her father made her betray her best friend. Now he is back for revenge. Will he get it? Intense, emotional and drama filled. These characters have so much depth and their story will draw you in. I loved it!
HeartBreaker
Feb 27, 2019 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF

Okay,so the blurb for this book was interesting but once I started reading it I was just disappointied.
Heroine(I can't remember her name)is pathetic little thing.She is just pathetic and whiny.Her brother is making her whore herself so she can save their family legacy.I don't have patience for this kind of heroines.

The hero is cruel and boring person.Just that.

And I didn't want to dwell deeper into this story than first five chapters.

I just couldn't make myself.
PP's Bookshelf
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My head is reeling from all the shock. My mind is lost in this dark and twisted world created by Lana Sky. I feel I am in some alternate reality where all the demons of human mind come out to play. I am awed by the disturbing, deviant and mindblowing story called King's Men by Lana Sky.

The story is full of shocking surprises and twists all the way. And I am not sure how to tell you about the story without giving away too much. Snowy Hollings, a broken princess who is forced to do unspeakable thi
Maddy
Wuthering Heights popped into my brain when i first started the story, and then it was Holy Moly! this is like 'Harlequin Presents (HP) gone dark'...and I was loving it. The whole poor little rich girl, to save her family's fortune makes a deal with the big cold arrogant billionaire who has taken over her family's company and mansion for revenge on her and her family (for destroying him and his family in the past)..you know the trope for HP readers out there. And it was dark! Yay! Then it just g ...more
Ga Books LoverX
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book... just WOW.

It was darkly delicious and as a reader, I had no choice but to buckle up and ride the roller coaster of this book.

I. Could. Not. Put. It. Down! Now, I am freaking hoping that March just disappears and we are already in April to get the second half of this heart-breaking story.

Snowy is the product of her environment that she was raised in. With a father that was absolutely ruthless and did ANYTHING to get ahead, including using his children, this family learned from a youn
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
WTF DID I JUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG want to talk about dark and disturbing damn this book is that all wrapped into one. I mean this book has triggers about abuse and eating disorders so beware before you start reading that this book is not for the faint at heart and if you are triggered easy please don't read this book. Like I said it really is dark and disturbing but it is told so phenomenally that I could not take my eyes off the kindle until I was done reading and yes I stayed up late into th ...more
KReader
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dark and twisted and so compelling I could not put it down!

Snowy was in love with Brandt for a long time and then, because of her he was dead, taking with her everything that was good. Now her family fortune lies in the hands of Blake who very much resembles her perfect boy only this man hates her family and in particular her. Entering into a deal with the devil to reclaim at least part of her fortune, Snow finds herself reminded more and more of Brandt. Could it be? And if Blake is Brandt will
luna
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ARC received in exchange for an honest review

Before I begin, I want to make sure this point gets across: this book is intended for readers age 18 and over. It contains subject matter that can be intense and triggering for some, and should not be read if you are triggered by graphic sex scenes, extreme psychological abuse, eating disorders and child sexual abuse. Please take into account all of this before considering purchasing this book.

* * *

King’s Men is not for the faint of heart. It is inte
Daria
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Totally amazed, second book I've read from this author and the second time I'm blown away.

It had some things going on, but easy enough to follow. This story bring to mind that old saying "money cant by you happiness* they ain't never lied

I dont usually like cliff hangers but I can see why and I'm sure the next book will be worth it. The characters dang were awesome they're personalities flowed right along wth the details.
Its harsh. Intense. Dark and amazing. What would you do for love? What wo
Wickedly Sweet & Synful Book Blog Synclare Moss
Why I haven’t I read Lana Sky before now? Clearly, I’m an asshat.
Her writing is phenomenal. I was swept away by this tragic story that had EVERYTHING! I need King’s Horses now~ April can’t get here fast enough.
~BREAKDOWN OF RATINGS~

Series~ Savage Fall Debut
Source~ Kindle eBook ~ Pu
izzy
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a dark twisted tale
Snow hollings comes from a very wealthy family,
Ten years ago, she betrayed Brandt Lloyd, someone she cared about and he died in prison?

Now, she is engaged to Daniel
The truth is, everything about the hollings is about money money money

When Hunter Hollings lost all he family wealth in gambling to Blake Lorenz

Snow had to save her family

The question is, who is Blake Lorenz?
Why is he so like Brandt Lloyd?

Find out
*~Alicia~*
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well what a surprise this was! I wasn’t expecting to like this one as much as I did. Very entertaining read, I highly recommend!

Nina EL
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If i could, I would give ten stars! Can't wait for the second book!💯❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Kenzie Macallan
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really loved the characters in this book. The plotline had great twists and turns and kept you guessing. My kind of read.
Tianna✸loves books✸
It’s too darkish to find any romance. The H was very cruel to the h. Of course she deserved it but still it’s too much hatred for my taste.
The h is useless coward selfish bitch. She is ready to prostitute herself to the H to save shares of her family company. That’s just not what I would like to read. I love self respecting woman. I even read tstl or doormat heroines. But this one was too useless.
The writing is also scattered. Not addicting.
Ishaa
May 16, 2019 rated it did not like it
I'm still trying to put together my thoughts and form the words to understand what the fuck was I truly reading.

Let me break it down. When i started the book, I was intrigued by Snowy Hollings. She was feisty, strong, the epitome of bold which quite literally really makes me appreciate women who take a stand for themselves and don't feel dominated by men. I assumed I'd love this since i'm more lured by books which include rivals to lovers than any other trope. And this book clearly started off
La_Pire (TheWorstReader)
It was ok I guess… I wouldn't recommend it.
Zareen Khan
Damn! It was DARK and so INTENSE!
Kerrie Campbell
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really fucking love books that hook me to the edge of my seat and keep there until the very last page.
This one do just that This was my first book by Lana sky and honestly I loved it!
I'm a huge sucker for those books with that Darker side to them.
I so wanted to hate Blake but nope I just simply couldn't there was so much more to him he was so cold ,ruthless, Heartless but why?
and snowy what she was put through would break many I still found she had the strength to keep going and that I found a
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Vanity of Roses
  • Beauty in the Broken
  • Rules of Bennett (Rules of Bennett, #0.5)
  • You Will Bow
  • Diamonds in the Dust (Diamonds are Forever Trilogy, #1)
  • Diamonds in the Rough (Diamonds are Forever Trilogy, #2)
  • Survival (Stronger, #2)
  • Cruel Sanctuary (Wages of Sin #1)
  • Covetous
  • Bitter Heat (Singed, #1)
  • The Land Where Sinners Atone
  • Collateral
  • The Rise of Saint
  • The Obsession (Filthy Rich Americans, #2)
  • Madman's Method (Madman Duet, #1)
  • Corrupt Savior (Wages of Sin #2)
  • Hate Sober (Love Me Duet #2)
  • Resurrect
I am a quirky writer from the US who dabbles in dark, paranormal and contemporary romance. My stories aren't always typical, but contain a little something for everyone.

The Savage Fall Duet (2 books)
  • King's Horses (The Savage Fall, #2)

News & Interviews