Start by marking “Heart” as Want to Read:
Heart

Heart

Your first love is not always the first person you kiss.
It’s the one you compare to everyone else.
The one you can’t forget.
The one you never got over.

Luke Harris left the small Texas town he grew up in fourteen years ago, walking away from the only girl he ever loved.
Now he’s a rock star cardiologist in the heart of L.A.
He has it all;
The money.
The house in the hill
Published February 3rd 2019 (first published January 25th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart

Rochelle
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC and I am leaving a voluntary and honest review

This is my first book from JM Kelley and I was not disappointed. This book had everything, unforbidden love, heartbreak, second chance and some hot sex. If you love second chance books, then this is the book for you.
Fiona Fog
I received an ARC for this story and these are my thoughts...

JM Kelley is a new author for me, and I love finding new stories from authors I've not read before.

Luke fell in love with Sarah when his brother Ben brings her home. He watches from the side-lines when Ben continues to be the man-whore and steps out on Sarah. What can he do? Tell her? He knows she picked the wrong brother but she has her reasons. He'll be leaving soon, Medical school and he can't wait to see the back of this town. His
Jennifer D.
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book by J.M. Kelley I have read and was not disappointed. I enjoyed that it was a quick read without a lot of angst. Second chances are my favorite genre and I liked the author's take on it. It did feel a bit rushed in places but didn't take away from the storyline. There are moments when your heart breaks for the characters but it makes you appreciate their HEA even more.

I voluntarily read and reviewed this ARC.
Karen Hrdlicka
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A beautifully crafted story about life and circumstances causing you to lose the love of your life. While life moved forward for Brad and he lived out his dream of being a doctor; Sarah moved on into a loveless marriage. There are twists and turns in the story that I won't spoil. Years later a secret brings them back together, can their undying love for each other reconcile their shattered hearts? Read to find out
Courtnay Gray
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What do you do when your heart wants one thing but your mind is telling you another?? You do everything to push away the one that shattered your heart so it won’t happen again.

Luke left his hometown 14 years ago, only returning twice since then until he gets a call from the one woman he has been in-love with since the day they met. When she drops a bomb onto him, his life changes and he decides to fight for his family.

Sarah knew deep down she married the wrong brother 14 years ago. Her heart h
Wendy
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Luke left Texas 14 years ago to prove to the world he was somebody and to escape watching the girl he loved with his brother. Sarah was Ben’s girlfriend but Luke knew that Ben would never be faithful or give her the life she deserved. Luke hasn’t seen Sarah for years until she blindsides him with news he can’t ignore.

Heart has some heartbreak and devastation for the characters but the author manages to turn all that pain into a beautiful story. Loved that Sarah has become such a strong woman. I
Wendy Livingstone
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a new author to me, and my word, she is certainly an author to look out for in the future. Luke left town leaving the love of his life behind. Sarah married the wrong brother, and now that Luke is back in town, is this the time to confess her secret? No spoilers; this is a definite must read, you will not be disappointed. This is a well written story which is heartbreaking, forbidden, and has secrets, twists, and second chances. The only downside in my opinion is that sometimes the main ...more
Gladys
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked this short read but felt it could have been more. What was a juicy, emotional and meaty story idea was deeply impacted by the short length of the read. Now, do not get me wrong, it was still enjoyable but in the end I was left envision how incredible this could have been if there had just been more content to delve deeper into it all. At its heart it is a heat filled, poignant, second chance at love. Luke and Sarah are complex characters and they share a complicated past. This is my fran ...more
Natalie Hughes
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I voluntarily read this ARC.

This is a first from this author. I enjoyed the story but found it somewhat rushed in places. It truly is a story of how love does not fade over time or distance and how faith will somehow bring people back together.
Worth reading very fast paced which isn't a bad thing but i felt I didn't totally know the characters because of it.
Mona williams
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
omg this book was amazing! talk about breaking my heart. he left the only girl he ever loved. she married the wrong brother. now years later she needs his help. first she must revel a secret she has been keeping to him. it will blow you away!
J.M. Kelley
Jan 11, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Heart is now LIVE!!

It is Exclusively on Amazon and FREE in Kindle Unlimited.
Get your copy here: http://mybook.to/Heart

I'm so excited for you to meet LUKE and Sarah! Heart is a sexy second-chance romance. It is a re-release of my Drazen Kindle Worlds Novella. New cover, new names and minor details, same title, same steamy hotness! Heart is a steamy second-chance romance! #novella #standalone #happyending

Here's a little naughty excerpt:

My sex is slick and ready for him. His words travel straight
A Book Obsessed Brit
I came across JM Kelley through her novella Safeguard which is part of the Meet Me In Savannah Collection, after enjoying that I was looking forward to reading more and Heart did not disappoint!

Heart is a fantastic second chance romance with a good balance between emotion, storyline and heat. We start in the past and understand that Brad is in love with his brothers girl Sarah. The emotion is set up from the start in Brad's POV and how he despises his brother for cheating on his girlfriend, whil
B. C. Booklover
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
* I received an advanced copy of this book to review.

Luke Harris is a man on a mission, to get out of the one horse town he lives in and away from the life he has there. Somehow, his brother has ended up with the girl he himself has loved since day one. Life isn't fair, but who ever said it was. Watching them together is killing him, even more for the fact that his brother Ben is a drunk and a cheater yet Sarah stays with him anyway. His last night in town ends in an unexpected way, sweet but sa
Leslee
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Luke is determined to leave town. He cannot stay and see Sarah marry his jerk of a brother. The night before he leaves, he catches his brother in a broom closet with another woman. He ends up giving Sarah a ride home and begs her to come with him. Her mom is ill, she can't up and leave her no matter how much she cares for Luke. They give into their feelings but reality strikes. Flash forward fourteen years and Sarah calls Luke out of the blue. Will her news destroy them both or give them the fut ...more
Karina Giblin
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Michele
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brad Thorensen has been in love with Sarah since the day his brother Ben brought her home. The only problem was she was Ben's girl. One night, after Brad found Ben in the closet with a waitress right under Sarah's nose, he's had enough and punches Ben telling him he doesn't deserve Sarah. As he is helping get his brother home, Ben slips and Sarah finds out about his betrayal.

Sarah feels trapped and without any other options except marrying Ben. But when Brad drives Sarah home, he offers to take
Tina
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
I liked the premise of the story. Dr. T still has feelings about the girl he left behind. One day she calls for help and he's there. I'm not giving away spoilers, but. the sex scenes were hot and I couldn’t wait to get to the next one. Brad was a hot doctor, a dreamboat, a man who always put his woman first. Sarah was the stalwart super-mom, works hard but lives for her daughter's happiness. This is hard to say, but the author needs to know. She should have had someone read/edit the book for con ...more
Karen Kay
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it!

The prologue on its own nearly had me crying, it was intense. You could feel lukes heart breaking!

I genuinely feel for Sarah sometimes, but other times you just want to shake her and be like what is wrong with you, in a good way of course.

Luke is in love with Sarah, but he can’t have her as she is with his brother! So chooses to leave town, years down the line one phone call brings him back, to news that shocks everyone.

Will they get their HEA?
Lisa
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sarah married Ben and his brother Luke left town because he couldn't deal with that because he loved Sarah. So much drama and suspense in this book. Twists and turns and secrets to keep it exciting. Couldn't put it down once I started it. Fast forward many years and Sarah reaches out to Luke because she needs something. hats where the story really gets interesting. Loved every page. Better than 5 stars!!!
Rowena
A quick sweet read.

This was a quick and sweet that made for an enjoyable read. Luke and Sarah has a complicated history when secrets are reviled emotions once lay dormant comes rushing out. I loved the characters in this story, their circumstance was relatable and real. My first read by the author and it did not disappoint but I do have to agree with others that I would have wanted more in the story to give it a full 5 stars read.
Lofty
Jan 11, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 1/2*
Sarah knew she should of married Luke but instead married his brother Ben. Years later a phone call from Sarah changes his dull life but can he help & will he get the girl this time?
A new author for me & I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book.
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
AnneKR
Sweet second chance

Luke has been in love with his brother’s girlfriend, Sarah, for years. After an unexpected night together, he leaves town, knowing he will never have her heart. Fourteen years later he receives an urgent phone call from Sarah asking him to come home. She has no choice but to reveal the secret that could finally make her lose Luke forever. Will Luke let Sarah go a second time, or will he stay & finally fight for his girl? A sweet second chance romance!
Mary
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Luke leaves his small hometown because Sarah, the love of his life, is with his brother. Years later, Luke returns back home due to unseen circumstances. Secrets are revealed and lives are changed. I enjoyed this second chance short story. It’s got angst and complications.

Review copy was received for a honest opinion.
Christine Campbell
Second chance for their relationship. She has known that her daughter might be his. She calls him out of the blue. She needs him her daughter is sick n needs a bone marrow transplant. It was amazing. Her daughter is very accepting of him and all of the secrets. It was amazing
Kellane Ayanna Mitchener
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this small town romance between Sarah and Luke even though they had to deal with some major obstacles they were reunited in the end. I loved Ashley she's a great daughter to have and Sarah's bff Harper was a great sounding board and a great partner. I hope she will get her own story too.
Kim Herman
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one has a whole lot of heart.

A wonderful ride of lost love found again with a few little, or perhaps big obstacles in the way.

Hot sexy times.
Esha Aeron
Great story... a little rushed.. but overall i liked it..
ci
I don't want to give anything away, so I'm just going to say this was a quick, easy, second chance, hot sex filled story.

Pat
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
The great characters and the good storyline kept me totally engaged until the turn of the very last page! I was so invested in this story that I read it in one evening!
Tracy
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Good story but seems rushed...characters are a little underwhelming for me
Romance Retreat: HEART is LIVE! 6 9 Feb 07, 2019 04:13PM
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. combining additions 4 38 Feb 06, 2019 09:55AM
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. please combine 11 21 Feb 05, 2019 10:26AM
Romance Retreat: ARC readers for a Steamy Second-chance Novella 29 76 Feb 01, 2019 07:20PM
JM Kelley loves to write sexy hot Romance as much as she loves to read it. She grew up and still resides in Long Island New York with her husband of twenty-eight years and her three sons. She is a lover of baseball and has been a Yankee fan since the day she was born. If you can’t find her reading or writing she’s probably in Disney World since that’s her favorite place in earth.

If you'd like to