Start by marking “You Belong with Me (Restoring Heritage #1)” as Want to Read:
You Belong with Me (Restoring Heritage #1)

You Belong with Me

(Restoring Heritage #1)

Small-town realtor Hannah Thornton has many talents--unfortunately, selling houses isn't one of them. When a developer sets his sights on the historic homes in Heritage, Hannah turns to her best friend Luke for help. Will Luke risk his future and confront his past to help her succeed?
Published September 3rd 2019 by Fleming H. Revell Company

To ask other readers questions about You Belong with Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Belong with Me

Start your review of You Belong with Me (Restoring Heritage #1)
Deanne Patterson
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Deanne by: cnnamongirl@aol.com
Oh my!
This is the author's first full length book.
What a fun book it was too read, it's rather swoon worthy.
You're gong to find small town closeness of families here and a few relationship dramas along the way. When the couples finally get it together and are with the person they are meant to be with it's so harmonious. Heritage is a small town you'd love to live in, it may be a little run down but family values are strong here. Hannah and Luke have the most adorable relationship. I just LOVED
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
I normally enjoy stories like this, but I was stressed out reading this one. I think the situations the four main characters were in seemed hopeless and they were unhappy, full of angst, and didn't have a sense of humor. Hannah and Luke's stalled romance was blamed on each other, and I was confused for much of the book why their dynamic was the way it was. Thomas and Janie were the same way- there is tons of past history alluded to but the reader is kept in the dark for much of it and I was just ...more
Mary Jackson _TheMaryReader
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
I was ready for a really good fairy tale. Who doesn't like a good ole fairy tale.
Restoring Heritage series is going to be the best. With this new voice in Christian fiction we now have something to look forward to.
I can't wait for you all to read Luke and Hannah's story. Real life, imperfect characters. They make this story a fun fast read.
I gave this book 4 stars and I hope you all enjoy Faris' writing as much as I did.
The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A
Sarah Grace Grzy
Tari Faris has been writing fiction for over twelve years, but You Belong With Me, releasing September 3 with Revell Books, marks her publishing debut. And I have to say, all in all, it's a pretty solid debut!

You Belong With Me is book one in the Restoring Heritage series, and is a contemporary romance set in the small fictional town of Heritage, Michigan. Honestly, as a native Michigander, that is the main reason I chose to read this book. Small town on the shores of Lake Michigan? I'm in! From
Susan Snodgrass
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
‘When you’ve got nothing left, that’s when you see how real your faith is. Faith with everything you want is easy. But faith when everything goes wrong? That’s when God alone has to be enough.’
This was wonderful debut novel from Tari Faris! I loved everything about it. She took us to the small Michigan town of Heritage in her prequel novella, P.S. Goodbye, and that made me want to continue to read her work. I’ve just finished this one and now I want another already!
In all seriousness, Tari
Brittany
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this sweet story with its small town setting. You Belong With Me delved into what it truly means to leave traumatic events behind you, learn to trust others, and learn to trust God. I occasionally struggled with Hannah and Luke's inability to communicate effictively and their lack of trust in each other. Then, I realized that these two hurting people had both been emotionally injured by past abandonments. Even Thomas, Hannah's brother, carried his own torment around related to his ...more
Melanie
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. This book blew my expectations out the window. I loved it SO much! The characters were endearing, I loved the foster child aspect, I was completely surprised by something that happened in the story, and the ending was fantastic!

There were a few things about the story that probably weren't realistic, but I loved the rest of the book so much that it didn't bother me. I think I got too invested at times, as I didn't want to put the book down. LOL

All in all, You Belong with Me was very good. I
Inspirationalfictionreader
I want to start off by saying that I absolutely loved the prequel novella to this series, P. S. Goodbye. If you haven’t read it, sign up for Tari Faris’ newsletter and you will get a free copy! It’s totally worth your time! You do not have to read the novella before reading You Belong to Me. They are both stand-a-lone’s.

Here’s what I liked about this story: I liked the small town setting. I used to live in a very small town and I really miss it. I love stories with good secondary characters who
Faye
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Realtor Hannah Thornton has loved Luke since they were children, but misunderstandings and bad timing has always got in the way of their friendship turning into something more.

Hannah is on a mission to save their smalltown from a large developer that wants to build a shopping center. She is passionate about her small town, and helping others.

Luke had a troubled childhood, and has always struggled to see himself as an equal with his colleagues. He sees himself as an outcast, unwanted and not good
Jen. (JenGalaxy4 Christian Book Reviews)
You Belong With Me was an enjoyable debut novel filled with friendship, secrets, romance, family and faith. There’s a lot of stuff packed into this story. It’s a lot to process, but not hard to follow.

Luke and Hannah. Goodness, they stressed me out! Their relationship is complicated, sweet, infuriating and adorable. I was happy with their journey, but wow – what a roller coaster!

I appreciated the strength of Thomas and Janie, the advice from Pastor Nate (who pops up randomly almost as much as
Melissa
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-audios
This is a spectacular debut by Tari Faris! I adored this book. From Hannah and Luke to Janie and Thomas and a few additional characters we meet along the way, Heritage is a town I will be visiting again. This was a two for the price of one romance story with sister and brother Hannah and Thomas and their respective love interests. There is a ton of story packed within these pages-from romance and humor, mystery and several nuggets of Godly wisdom. Basically this book has it ALL! It even has a ...more
Jypsy
Sep 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Thank you to Revell and the author for an advanced copy. All opinions expressed are my own.

You Belong With Me
By: Tari Faris

*REVIEW*
You Belong With Me is a sweet romance story. The characters are flawed but likeable, and throughout the story, they work through many important issues. This is a story with a small town element that is very pleasant and charming. The premise is not that unique, but it's interesting just the same. This story is heavier on the aspect of faith than I care to read.
Nicole
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Originally posted on Inkwell Inspirations

“If she hadn’t wanted to slap the smug expression off his face, she might have been tempted to kiss it. Best friends really shouldn’t be allowed to be that good-looking.”

In her debut novel, You Belong with Me, author Tari Faris creates a heartwarming contemporary romance featuring a close-knit group of friends and family members who reside in the beloved small town of Heritage, Michigan. Hannah Thornton and her best friend Luke Johnson call the town of
Nancee
Aug 29, 2019 rated it liked it
A Christian romance, You Belong To Me is a light and easy read, a great weekend or vacation book. The story is somewhat predictable and cliché, but with a good storyline and likeable characters. I found myself rolling my eyes several times throughout the book, wishing that the characters would just get over themselves and move forward. The revelations from past events were touching and poignant, but this book didn't wow me like many others I've read.

Disclaimer: I won a copy of this book through
Jeanne Takenaka
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
What happens when two best friends try to help each other while keeping secrets? A whole lot of fun, tension, and healing.

Hannah Thornton is a realtor in the small town of Heritage. When it comes to doing her job, she can’t bear to sell old homes only to see them be leveled to make way for a strip mall. She finds her security in the sameness of life in the town she loves.

When she discovers a contest that can help her renovate her beloved Heritage, she gets the town onboard to compete. She’s
Caitlyn Santi
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW, what an amazing debut novel! After loving the prequel novella, P.S. Goodbye I was so looking forward to this book, and before I finished the first chapter I was totally and completely sucked in and knew I would love this novel! And love it I did! I absolutely adore the town of Heritage, I find myself wishing I could step through the pages and take up residence there! I Otis!
I loved Hannah and Luke so much, I found myself relating to Hannah a lot and some of the things she learned and
Rebekah Lewis
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tari Faris took a story full of broken people and turned it into a beautiful tale of redemption, faith, and love.

I loved reading about these characters' as they went on a journey to discover being broken is not as much of a flaw as they thought, but actually, quite beautiful.

My heart went out to Hannah and Luke so much as we discovered the pasts they've worked so hard to not let define them.

They both chastised others' for seeing only their pasts, but when they looked in the mirror, that was all
Denise Hershberger
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
A book with two love stories!

I'm always thrilled when a book included more than one romance. I actually found myself more drawn to secondary characters in this novel and was glad they were so developed in the story.

What I truly loved most about this book was Pastor Nate and how he offered wisdom and guidance whenever he interacted with someone. He was so casual but also so reverent. I liked how he challenged people to look for God's purpose in all things.

I also loved the town of Heritage. The
Dana Michael
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just read The End and I am so sad it is over. I loved this book. I am going to describe it as an inspirational rom com. I laughed at Hannah and how she tried to fix everything. She was such a delight. Luke, wow! I loved him. He is such a sweetie. And then the secondary characters of Thomas and Janie...loved that romance as much as the main one. This is a book about a small town with loveable characters and a sweet story line. There is a teaser in the back for the next installment in the series ...more
Andrea Nell
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story is one of my all time faves! It is one that will stick with me. The sweet romance is perfectly woven with relatable characters of a lovably quirky small town and beautiful symbolism that illustrates the soul-deep message. Tari Faris will have you laughing, keep you up reading at night and leave you wanting more, so its a good thing we’ll be able to revisit Heritage in the future books of this series. I loved Grant and Caroline’s story in PS Goodbye and Hannah and Luke’s story is even ...more
Dawn Leonard
Oct 01, 2019 rated it did not like it
I did not finish reading this book. I found the plot, themes, and lead and secondary characters as even the setting to be very similar to Love Inspired's The Fireman's Secret by Jessica Keller (copyright 2015). I did not find any exact copies of sentences. I do NOT recommend this book. This opinion is my own.
Janine Rosche
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I truly loved this book. Hannah’s passion to save her hometown tangles with Luke’s need to find the place where he belongs. Their friends-to-more storyline made me smile. As a bonus, every scene with Thomas and Janie had me scooting to the edge of my seat. So much delicious angst!
Jolene
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
You Belong With Me by Tari Faris caught my attention immediately with its engaging story and romantic tension. As I traveled through the plot twists and romantic developments, I didn't want to put the novel down. I was pleasantly surprised by the second love story and enjoyed it just as much as Hannah and Luke's story.

While the novel was a quick read and sometimes humorous, it also dealt with serious issues. I personally connected with the theme of brokenness. Little nuggets of wisdom drew
Kara Linaburg
That moment when you are one of the few haters and know you are going to be the far from popular vote...
*Clears throat*
Oh well, three stars because the plot wasn't new and neither was the writing style. HOWEVER FIVE FREAKING STARS FOR ONE OF THE MOMENT BEAUTIFUL COVERS IN ALL OF CREATION.
Like basically that makes having this book on your shelf worth it.
Otherwise I'll just bail and say it was too typical a read for me. I've just been in a mood recently (a picky one) and cannot find a book that
Darlene L.
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hannah Thornton struggles with selling houses, so when a developer announces their plan to demolish some historic homes in Heritage, Michigan, Hannah sets out to stop them. But will her plan tear the town apart?

Luke Johnson has never felt like Heritage was his home, so when his past starts to unravel, he struggles with staying in the small town. Can he leave his best friend Hannah when he secretly wants more than friendship?

Hannah and Luke need to deal with their pasts in order to move on with
Maureen Timerman
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
I live in a small town and this book resonated with me, but we delve deeper and into the lives of the inhabitants here, and all is not how it seems.
I loved the compassion these people showed, even if there were a few naysayers, but we are all caught up on what we think others are thinking, and the author has given us several characters that we get to know and they are having trouble traveling in their lives, because they are going in a direction the opposite of what they should.
I did love that
Joan Arning
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lots of interesting twists! Hannah tries so hard to overcome what she feels is a family reputation because her mother embezzled city funds and left town when Hannah was in seventh grade. It's not surprising that she and her brother, Thomas, both have problems with relationships. Luke is a great male protagonist who would do anything for Hannah but he has never felt like he belonged since being put in foster care after his father's death when he was small. There are several relationships taking ...more
Ebos Aifuobhokhan
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book should definitely be produced into a motion picture.
The author did justice to the characters.
I love how the different stories tied together. The plot twist were mind-blowing and unexpected. The title of the book was what drew me in and the different narratives of each character did justice to it.

I love reading about Hannah, because she's like most people if not all, trying to fix things and keep the past from repeating itself. Often forgetting that it's God's job to be in control and
Gloria
This is such a fun, feel good book with real, likable characters in a small town atmosphere where everyone knows each other and gives their support when it is needed. Heritage, Michigan is dying a slow death but Hannah Thornton wants to do something to save it. In fact, Hannah feels the need to fix her friend, Luke, but he doesn't want to be fixed. The two have been friends since middle school and even came close to being more but something happened. Both have backgrounds that have caused them ...more
Cat B The Reader
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book gave you all the feels from being frustrated to happy! It was an emotional roll coaster! There were some parts where you wanted to strangle the characters for what they were doing and not talking to each other but the writer did a fabulous job with the plot that I could not put it down! The book is very real world and very relatable and it was a great way to start the summer! If you are looking for a book with a small town feel with romance in the air with problems thrown in this is ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• A Distance Too Grand (American Wonders Collection, #1)
  • The Words Between Us
  • Lake Season (Bluebell Inn Romance #1)
  • Always Look Twice (Uncommon Justice, #2)
  • One Final Breath (Dive Team Investigations, #3)
  • Hope's Highest Mountain (Heirs of Montana, #1)
  • The Spice King (Hope and Glory, #1)
  • Dark Ambitions (Code of Honor #3)
  • Finding Lady Enderly
  • Deadly Deceit (Harbored Secrets, #2)
  • Ford (The Montana Marshalls, #3)
  • Deadly Intentions
  • A Glitter of Gold (Georgia Coast Romance #2)
  • Unscripted
  • Christmas in Winter Hill
  • The Gryphon Heist (Talia Inger #1)
  • Protecting Tanner Hollow (Tanner Hollow, #1-4)
  • Stitches in Time (The Deacon's Family #2)
**If you are looking to read P.S. Goodbye it is available on Amazon fpr $.99 or to my newsletter subscribers for FREE. To get a copy, just go to www.tarifaris.com and sign up**

I have been writing fiction for more than twelve years. It has been an exciting journey for this math-loving-dyslexic girl. I had read less than a handful of novels by the time I graduated from college and I thought I would