Start by marking “Deadly Deceit (Harbored Secrets, #2)” as Want to Read:
Deadly Deceit (Harbored Secrets, #2)

Deadly Deceit

(Harbored Secrets #2)

Independent and tenacious journalist Vivian DeMarco is back in Walton, Georgia, for one reason -- to do her job and get out. When her boss suddenly dies under suspicious circumstances, Vivian's only hope for finding the truth -- and the next big story -- is small-town law enforcement's lanky poster boy, Deputy Ryan Frost. But the deeper they dig, the more twisted the truth ...more
Published November 5th 2019 by Revell

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Deceit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Deceit

Start your review of Deadly Deceit (Harbored Secrets, #2)
Mary Jackson _TheMaryReader
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
I did not read book one in The Harbored Secrets series. I can say that I was not lost in book number two Deadly Deceit. It engulfed me from the very beginning and It was that way until the very end. The characters were wonderful. The whole book was very well written. I am now on the lookout for more of Walters books.
I gave this book 4 stars.
The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are our own.
Sarah Monzon
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m kind of a hard sell on romantic suspense because I either find the romance too corny or the suspense not suspenseful enough. This book had a good balance with some fan humor thrown in. I liked the cyber crime angle and it’s not done as much in fiction and really showcased the hero’s brainiac skills. Fans of romantic suspense should really pick this book up! It won’t disappoint.
Abigail
Mwahahaha......Frost is in this book! He actually gets a book like I wanted!! YAYYYYYYYYY!!!
Madison
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Deadly Deceit combines romance with solid investigation as a detective and a reporter work together to uncover the work of a deadly blackmailer.

Vivian found a second chance in Walton. Fired from her last position for refusing to release harming details in her article, the kind-hearted Harold offered her a position at his newspaper. But when Harold dies with his last words to Vivian to find the details on a big story, she knows she must uncover what he was talking about. Ryan Frost has returned
Jes Drew
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This romantic suspense seemed different from others in its genre; fresh. Of course, the nerdy hero who was lovingly nicknamed Captain America was the best part. But the major crime in this one was exploitation, and what the mysterious Hacker forced the people he had bad footage of to do dwarfed all the other crimes in this book. I loved watching our main characters as they dealt with the baggage from their past and tried to figure out what to do with themselves in the future, all while trying to ...more
Denise Hershberger
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another fantastic book from Walters! This one was full of intrigue, suspense, and romance.

The crimes in this book were especially interesting because they were kind of a mix of old school and cyber crime. The plot kept me interested the whole time and I wasn't able to figure out the bad guy.

I did get a little bigger down by some of the Capitan America and Star Wars references, but that is good news for fans if those. They will probably love those references.

De
Maureen Timerman
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
This is the second book in this series, and yes, it is as good as the first, but it can be read alone, previous characters do play a part in this story, but you won’t be lost.
A cyber-crime that is destroying lives, and where will it stop, and who will be next, and who is responsible? Answers are forthcoming, but past hurts have to be dealt with in order to get there.
We are also offered a sweet romance, but will either of these individuals be able to accept what is offered. Also, will
Susan Snodgrass
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
'It didn't matter how much she dressed up on the outside....it wasn't enough. She wasn't enough.'

I thought Natalie Walters' debut novel was good. But she has done an even better job this time around! Seriously, this book is just good. Walters takes us back to Walton, Georgia, and we get to meet up with Deputy Ryan Frost again. The same Deputy Frost who was so geeky in book one. BUT...Ryan has changed. He is a rather swoon worthy hero this go round. And Vivian is so very likeable now.
Erin Laramore
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When it comes to romantic suspense, Natalie Walters is now one of my absolute "go to" authors. This one is book 2 in the Harbored Secrets series, but can definitely be read as a stand-alone. You see the characters from book 1 in this one (and it's good to see how they are doing!), but you won't miss out on anything if you start with this one. This book follows Vivian DeMarco, a reporter who has found herself in the small town of Walton, Georgia. When she gets a call to her boss's house to get th ...more
Gloria
Deadly Deceit is a great addition to the Harbored Secrets series. We are back in small town Walton, Georgia where journalist Vivian DeMarco has been given a job with the local newspaper, The Gazette, by owner Harrold Kennedy after she lost her job with a larger paper. Harrold has been like a father to her, something that she has missed out on most of her life. So when Harrold is murdered she is devastated. Determined to find out who is responsible for his death and to fulfill a last request from ...more
Suzie Waltner
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
A report, a hint of a story, an unexpected death (within the first pages), and blackmail are all pieces to the puzzle that is Natalie Walters’s sophomore release.

Deadly Deceit returns readers to Walton, Georgia with a couple of crimes, plenty of twists and turns, and some lively banter between Vivian and Ryan. Plus, the added bonus of these two characters from book 1 of the Harbored Secrets series in the spotlight.

Walters balances the suspense and romance (rife with super
Alysha (For The Love of Christian Fiction)
I really enjoyed this story!
Full review to come.
4/5 stars
Inspirationalfictionreader
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don’t even know where to start with this review. How about the bottom line first? Go. Buy. This. Book. I loved it! I was sucked in from page one and I did not want this story to end! I loved everything about it! There’s humor - the scene involving a “monster” had me laughing out loud - great banter, great characters, a murder mystery that totally kept me guessing, a wonderful romance, and some fun references to super heroes- namely Captain America.

I absolutely loved Vivian and Ryan
Rebecca
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
"I've got a marmalade dropper, and I think . . . . I think it's the story you've been waiting on."

Harold Kennedy's cryptic message took Vivian DeMarco straight to his front door. At nearly midnight, what awaited her was not a news story, but a tragedy; bringing her face to face with the one person from her not so distant past who might be willing to help assuage her guilt and unravel some very confusing clues.

Deputy Ryan Frost is pretty certain that Vivian DeMarco is
Abby Breuklander
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love love and love this story!! We all will experience times in out lives where we feel like we'll never measure up or be enough for some people. It's never a fun feeling. But in the end it doesn't really matter if other people don't see our worth, we're always good enough, if they can't see it then they're going to be the ones missing out in the long run. Once we realize this truth it makes it a lot easier to stop adding pressure to our lives that we were never meant to carry. Those around us w ...more
Kathryn
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review to come!
Donna (More Than a Review)
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Deadly Deceit by Natalie Walter is a romantic suspense that will keep you attention.
Natalie was able to create a jourlaist that I actually liked; that does not happen often. He boss tells her he has a marmalade dropper (I loved that). You will learn what it means in the story. This is what makes her agree to go to his house late at night. When she arrives he is almost unconscious.

There are so many secrets in this story and you try to unravel which ones matter and how are they tied together. Ry
Paula Shreckhise
Deadly Deceit by Natalie Walters is the second book in the Harbored Secrets series.

After reading her debut novel, Living Lies, I have thoroughly jumped on the Natalie Walters bandwagon. Ms. Walters crafts believable characters, puts them in jeopardy and helps them resolve the mysteries, all within the kind of home town I really want to visit.
Vivian DeMarco is a journalist who is trying to recover from a job loss. She lands in Walton, Georgia at a small newspaper headed by Harold Ken
Monica
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I so loved Vivian and Ryan in Deadly Deceit. I enjoyed their lighthearted banter and their relationship all the way through the book as they worked together to find someone called the Watcher. I wanted to pace myself with this book because I knew I would want book 3 in the Harbored Secrets series. However, both the romantic relationship and the plot kept me turning pages. I didn't have it all figured out and it kept me guessing until close to the end. I enjoyed all of the characters and getting ...more
Lori
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All I can say is just wow!! This is even better than the first book!! My my!
All the action you could ever want in this book and more!!
I love that Vivian is a much better person in this book too. We also see that our hero Deputy Ryan has changed a lot as well!! I guess ppl do mature over time. Well, some do I should say and some just seem to stay the same.
So many twists and turns that will make you hold your breath waiting to see what happens next. I love it that this is a heart poun
Virginia Campbell
In "Deadly Deceit", Book Two in the "Harbored Secrets Series", author Natalie Walters invites readers back to Walton, Georgia--a small town with big secrets. Journalist Vivian DeMarco and Deputy Ryan Frost, both of whom readers first met in Book One, "Living Lies", now have their romantic suspense tale, and the author has developed their characters so that there is an enjoyable spark and lively banter between them. When Vivian's boss, Harold Kennedy, dies just as he is trying to tell Vivian abou ...more
Kailey
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Natalie Walters has blown me away again with this book! Not only is is an entertaining read, it also has some deep truths to it. The characters were so relatable with their flaws. They were so cute together. I couldn’t resist the Marvel comments. This book left me feeling all of the feelings. There was a great message about forgiveness and not having to prove yourself to anyone, including yourself. I loved it! I read it in one day! I highly recommend this book!!

I received
Jill
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads

Natalie Walters is my go to author for romantic suspense. I am loving her Harbored Secrets series. Deadly Deceit is the second installment. I love the small town southern vibes, and the fascinating characters. Her hero in this book is the perfect blend of swoony and nerdy. Plus, there are lots of Marvel references. The mystery was great as well. Highly recommended!

I received a free copy of this book from Netgalley for the purpose of review.
Nicole
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Originally posted on Inkwell Inspirations

“All it takes is a whisper to ignite a flame.”

With heart-pounding suspense and intense action, author Natalie Walters is sure to delight readers in Deadly Deceit, the second installment of her Harbored Secrets series. After the death of her boss, journalist Vivian DeMarco’s determination to find justice places her in close contact with Deputy Ryan Frost. Soon many people’s lives and reputations are in danger as The Watcher searches for his next victim, leaving behind a/>“All
Emilie Haney
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review to come but I LOVED this book and Viv and Ryan. You guys are not ready for this awesomeness!
Marie
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you in advance to Revell Books and author Natalie Walters for sending me this gift copy (along with the goodies – bookmarks and bookplates). A positive review was not required at all; all words and thoughts are my own and given without payment or compensation.

“Deadly Deceit” is Natalie Walters second book of the Harbored Secrets series in the small town of Walton, Georgia.

Readers returning from “Living Lies” will remember reporter Vivian DeMarco who first visited Walton to cover the case
Robin Reynolds
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: revell-reads
*received from the publisher and voluntarily reviewed*

I loved the first book in this series so much, I was very excited to get this second book, and I think I may love it even more. Though if I went back and read the first book again, I might love it more. Maybe. I love both of them! And such beautiful covers!

We met Vivian, a hard hitting investigative journalist, in the first book. I don't remember her being the most likable person in that book, but at the end she showed she was a
Kirby
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Natalie Walters may be a relatively new voice to the Christian suspense market, but she's already proving that she's an author to look out for. Deadly Deceit is a nail biter that will have readers on the edge of their seats as they try and put together the complex mystery unfolding within its pages.

The reader was introduced to both main characters (Vivian DeMarco and Deputy Ryan Frost) in the first book in the Harbored Secrets series, Living Lies. In this particular title, Vivian has
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed going back to Walton, Georgia. When these kinds of stories are in small towns, it gives me a Nancy Drew kind of feeling sometimes.

After not reporting on Lane's secret, Vivian is out of a job and back in Walton. Her friend Harold gives her a temporary job at his paper but she has no plans to make it permanent. If she can just find her story, the story, she can get a job at a big paper again.

Ryan is content to be a small-town deputy in the place he grew up because it means he can help
Danielle
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Some book reviews are a challenge to write. Like this one. Because the book was so good it's hard to do it justice in a few hundred words. That's why I'm adding a new author to my favorite author list: Natalie Walters. Deadly Deceit is the second book in her Harbored Secrets series and only her second published novel. I loved her debut, Living Lies, but Deadly Secrets is even better.

Vivian DeMarco is a journalist we met in Living Lies. Her choices in the first book land her as a repo
« previous 1 3 next »

• Protecting Tanner Hollow (Tanner Hollow, #1-4)
  • Always Look Twice (Uncommon Justice, #2)
  • Dark Ambitions (Code of Honor #3)
  • One Final Breath (Dive Team Investigations, #3)
  • The Words Between Us
  • The Killing Tide (Coastal Guardians, #1)
  • Deadly Intentions
  • Strands of Truth
  • You Belong with Me (Restoring Heritage #1)
  • The Painted Castle (Lost Castle #3)
  • Fatal Strike
  • A Distance Too Grand (American Wonders Collection, #1)
  • Wyatt (The Montana Marshalls #4)
  • Smoke Screen
  • Wooing Cadie McCaffrey
  • Storm Rising (Book of the Wars, #1)
  • Vow of Justice (Blue Justice, #4)
  • Unscripted

My world revolves around GIJOE and our three adult (or almost adult) children who keep my life anything but predictable. Our boots hit the ground wherever the Army sends us but home is when we’re all together no matter the zipcode. My passion is writing stories where adventure meets love and share my belief that life rooted in purpose is a story worth telling.

Harbored Secrets (3 books)
  • Living Lies (Harbored Secrets #1)
  • Silent Shadows (Harbored Secrets #3)
“It didn't matter how much she dressed up on the outside...it wasn't enough. She wasn't enough.” 0 likes