Start by marking “What Comes My Way (Brookstone Brides, #3)” as Want to Read:
What Comes My Way (Brookstone Brides, #3)

What Comes My Way

(Brookstone Brides #3)

Only while trick riding can Ella Fleming forget the truth about who she really is--the daughter of a murderer. Phillip DeShazer buries the guilt he feels for his father's death in work and drink, and his guilt continues to grow the more Ella Fleming comes to his rescue. Will they be able to overcome their pasts and trust God to guide their futures?
Published October 1st 2019 by Bethany House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about What Comes My Way, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Comes My Way

Start your review of What Comes My Way (Brookstone Brides, #3)
Kristina
What Comes My Way by Tracie Peterson is the final book in the Brookstone Brides trilogy. I thought What Comes My Way was a satisfying conclusion to the series. This is a series of books that you need to read in order. Each book builds upon the previous one with the search for justice for the death of August Reichert running throughout all three books. Ella Fleming had to flee her family farm when Jefferson Spiby wanted her for his bride and her father would not protect her from the letch. Ella ...more
Rebekah Lewis
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was so excited to welcome the Brookstone Troupe (plus meet a few new ones) back into my life!
The troupe is back on tour which, of course, means new adventures and troubles.

I was slightly disappointed some of my favorite characters were not further along in their lives and were still struggling with things I'd thought we'd gotten past in the previous two books.
That being said, I was very pleased with how much Phillip Deshazer changed and grew throughout this story.
In the previous books, and
Faye
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
The long awaited conclusion to the Brookstone Brides Trilogy.

What Comes My Way picks up right where the previous book left off, making it a book that I would not recommend reading as a stand alone, as much of the set up is done in previous books, and this is the book where we finally get the answers. I really enjoyed the previous books in the series so picking his one up was a no brainer, in this book we get to know Ella a bit more, as well as Phillip, while still following Lizzie and Wesley
Ebos Aifuobhokhan
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love the blend of characters and the author's skill in weaving their stories together. The story about the shows is lovely.
This is a wonderful blend of stories of families, friends, freedom from various bondages, forgiveness and love.
The dialogue between characters was okay for a quiet, slow read.

I received a copy of this book from Netgallery and this is my honest opinion.
Jennifer Maloney
Thank you to NetGalley for a free copy of this title in exchange for an honest review.

First let me say that I really like this time period and this could've really been a cool story. The premise definitely had potential, but it did not live up to it, unfortunately.

My main issue was with the writing style. It felt very stilted and like it was more of a first draft. The dialogue was also very choppy and repetitive, not sounding at all like how real people speak. There was so much "tell" instead
Kev Willoughby
Oct 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Endearing story with a strong emphasis on family values and a plot that was easy to follow.

I enjoyed the setting of the early 20th century with the rodeo show as the backdrop, and while I found the dialogue throughout to be unnatural, I do think the style lends itself to the time in which the story is set. People back then did not talk as we do today. Taking that into consideration however, I still found some of the conversations to be not typical even of that particular time.

The story was easy
Becky
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Satisfying End!

PLEASE READ THIS REVIEW ON MY BLOG: http://bookreadingtic.com/2019/12/07/... THANK YOU!

While the 1902 females perform an exciting Wild West Show for the public, they live a wild life in private. After overcoming many obstacles to be together, Lizzy and Wes have barely settled into married life, when Wes abruptly leaves the show without her.

Wes nobly does it to make a last-ditch effort to stop Phillip’s drinking, but Lizzy’s feelings of abandonment spur her on to take dangerous
Jaquelyn Scroggie
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What Comes My Way is the third book in the Brookstone Brides series. I was blessed to read the other two and couldn’t wait to get my hands on this story. I first met Ella in When You are Near and was anxiously awaiting her story. Peterson did not disappoint. Ella was raised with the best things life had to offer. When her father told her she would marry a man way older than her, who was also known to be mean and unforgiving, Ella had a choice to make. The Brookstone family being so close seemed ...more
Joanna
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I didn't realize this was the third book in the series until about halfway through when I happened upon the first one at the library. I then picked up the first one which explained a lot, but I don't think it's necessary to read. You can still figure everything out if you decide to only read the third book. Although they are not stand alones necessarily like her Sapphire Brides or Land of Shining Waters ones(and this is extremely different from any of those. Probably more like her Texas ones.)
I
Robin Willson
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
1902. Jump right back into the drama! This is such a memorable series that you'll have no problem doing so. After all, this is a wild west show, with riding and shooting tricks, and it's all girls. Brookstone Wild West Extravaganza is an all-female show filled with women of extraordinary beauty and bravery. Their families and support staff go along as well, weaving a rich story. There are personal struggles, mystery, danger and breathtaking suspense as they travel the United States and Europe. ...more
Aurelia Mast-glick
This is the third and, I think, the final book in the Brookstone Brides series and I think I liked it the best of all of them. I will be honest, this whole series has seemed a bit cheesy to me in the way everything worked out for everyone.

In this final installment, Ella and Philip finally get things figured out and the mystery of Mary's brother's death is also figured out and dealt with. There was a bit more suspense and intrigue in this book and I enjoyed it more for that fact.

I was impressed
Eddist Rhett
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brimstone Brides #3

This series as always bought in! I seem to travel with the Wil West all female show! Artist's murder held great headship for me, and not meeting Lizzy's seemed to make Rebecca lonely through the entire story. However, her family, the show, ranch all needed her abilities and she was ever strong. I cannot talk enough about the strengths and hearts of each of these women Rebecca, Lizzy, Mary, Ella, Mara, mother Fleming amazing came alive and Robert's wife with strength that to be
Lori
Sep 18, 2019 marked it as to-read
This book deserves 5 stars and more!!
Tracie is a very talented author that can weave a wonderful story just like this one.
I really enjoyed this series! This Will be my 2nd favorite series of Tracie's books.
All of our questions are answered in this last book. What better way to wrap up a series than this.
Action packed with some mystery thrown in from the beginning will leave you turning the pages to see what happens next. Trust me you will be up late at night trying to finish this book because
Caitlin Allen
Oct 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Thank you to Bethany House for the free review copy. All opinions are my own.

I just want to preface this with that this is book #3 in the Brookstone Brides series, and they do need to be read in order for the books to make sense. Here are my reviews for books#1and book#2.
I loved being back with the characters of this series in this book. It was great to have a conclusion for Lizzy, Mary, and Ella. Each woman had come so far over the course of this series, and it was great to see them grow and
Kelly Bridgewater
What Comes My Way by Tracie Peterson is a wonderful way to end the Brookstone Brides series. I loved hanging out with these characters and watching them change and fall in love by the end of the series. With What Comes My Way, Peterson tied up a lot of loose ends and allowed the predictable romance to follow its path. Even though I knew how the romance would play out, I was still invested each of the characters' lives and couldn't wait to see how the story ended. Not much a spiritual element to ...more
Marsha Dixon
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
What Comes My Way is the third installment in the Brookstone brides series. The cover and description of a Wild West show that is all female is what hooked me. I have not read the first two books. I think this book can stand alone as the author gives some background information about the characters so you know a little about the supporting ones. That being said, I would like to know more about them and plan on reading the first two books.
God’s love, His forgiveness and reliance on Him are
Doreen
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this whole series. I wish wild west shows would be more prevalent today. It was fun to read more about trick riding and trick shooting. I don’t think I could be as still as Chris was when Mary was shooting at things held in his mouth. It was an exciting time in history and Peterson portrays it in a compelling way.

I love closure so I was glad to see that the series finished up well, tying up the loose ends. The mystery of what happened to Mary’s brother was solved. There were big
Vibliophile
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
(4.5 stars) - favorite of the series!

[This is the eagerly awaited conclusion of Tracie Peterson's Brookstone Brides trilogy. While it is capable of standing alone, I do recommend reading the series for a fuller appreciation of the story]

Ella has made her place in the Brookstone show, but her past isn't done with her yet. Phillip's past is haunting him in a different way, but it's making it really hard to quit drinking.

This one is the most action packed and suspenseful of the three & was very
Chrystal
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Chrystal by: Netgalley
Wow, a triple crown to finish out this fabulous series! These knockout books are all winners with life-like characters you can’t help but wish were your own friends, along with well-rounded plots with mystery and intrigue as well as romance and inspiration. In this last novel, all of the relationships, problems, and storylines that have been in development throughout the series come to a close and the reader gets to see one last cliffhanger that no one wants to miss! There are also a couple of ...more
Carolyn Scheidies
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Each book in this trilogy has focused on one of the main characters—Mary, Lizzie, Ella. Add in a host of characters readers come to know and become invested in.

Ella has been on the run from an evil suitor. When her brother brings her childhood companion and maid Mara to protect her, Ella begins to realize what her father has been involved in with her former suitor and it breaks her heart. Is she ready to know the full truth? What about Phillip who holds her heart? Will he give up alcohol and
Judy
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, netgalley
Tracie Peterson is amazing. She blends Christianity with historical fiction to make one awesome read. What Comes My Way is the third in a trilogy. This story continues the stories of Lizzy and Mary, but the main story is focused on Ella. I loved the entire series. It was about an all female Wild West show. Lizzy, Mary and Ella are all three strong Christian women who are performers in this show. The characters are very well developed. I had a hard time setting the book down as I was so deeply ...more
Anne
Sep 25, 2019 rated it liked it
What Come’s My Way
By Tracie Peterson
I was excited to read the end of the Brookstone Brides series. Although I was eager to discover how this story would end, I felt the story line was repetitive of the previous book in this series. I was also thrown off by the drama of the series. It seemed like there were very large issues happening to the characters but I was not impressed with how they approached each situation. It was an easy to read book and well written but not a favorite.
I received a copy
E
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I met Ella Fleming in the first book of the Brookstone Brides series and followed her story through the second book. So, when I was finally able to read the rest of her story in What Comes My Way by Tracie Peterson, I was really excited. This book had the same great wild west show details that the first two books had. Ella is a trick rider so the emphasis is on trick riding in this book, but there is some sharpshooting too. Although the main character is Ella, so the story focuses on her, the ...more
Marilyn Johnson
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is book three in the Brookstone Brides series, you do not have to read book one and two to understand this book yet you will miss lots of history on most of the characters and it will make for a better read to read them in order.

I loved how this book kept us in touch with Lizzy and Wes, Mary and Chris, Ella and Phillip, Plus the entire Brookstone family and show. It is a great conclusion to a good series.
Emily Yager
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have thoroughly enjoyed this series from the very beginning. The All Female Wild West Show really intrigued me. I loved the take Tracie took on it.

I loved getting to catch up with the group as they headed back on tour, a meeting some new characters along the way. While I was a tad disappointed that some of the characters hadn’t grown much since the last books, the story was still enjoyable. Not my favorite of the series, but still a nice addition to it.
Paula
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What Comes My Way is an excellent story continuing the series Brookstone Brides. Ella Fleming has joined the Brookstone Wild West show to avoid getting married to Jefferson Spiby, and she meets Phillip DeShazer. Of course, they fall in love, but they can't be together until Phillip overcomes his alcoholism. At one point, Jefferson manages to kidnap Ella, and a daring rescue ensues. Another wonderful story from Tracie Peterson!
Dianne Sidebottom
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
The show must go on!! Lizzie is shocked to learn that the show was fully owned by Henry and that her mother owned the ranch. Ella's tormentor from book one reenter's the drama and arrogant. Philip back at the ranch giving up his addiction releasing to God his guilt. To the rescue he comes for Ella. Mary and Chris marry. Lizzie and Wes waiting the tour to finish...….
Trisha
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am really enjoying this series and I'm hoping in at least one or two more books in the series! Was so glad to have Phillip be one of the focuses for this book. I really like Tracie Peterson's writing style!

I received a complimentary copy of this book from NetGalley on behalf of the Publisher and was under no obligation to post a favorable review.
Elizabeth Campbell
thank you to bethany house publishers and goodreads for this giveaway. i had already read the 1st two books in this series and i am happy it is now concluded. this was better than the 1st two, i'm happy to have read the conclusion and found out the mystery started in the 1st book. i found this series underwhelming as a whole.
Zelma
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fabulous book by Tracie, I loved this 3rd book and it was a great wrap up for the story, as some loose strands were clipped and finalized due to some unsavory characters. I can't wait for the new book!

• Aiming for Love (Brides of Hope Mountain, #1)
  • Dark Ambitions (Code of Honor #3)
  • Hope's Highest Mountain (Heirs of Montana, #1)
  • The Spice King (Hope and Glory, #1)
  • Diamond in the Rough (American Heiresses, #2)
  • Strands of Truth
  • A Reluctant Bride (The Bride Ships, #1)
  • Vow of Justice (Blue Justice, #4)
  • Smoke Screen
  • A Distance Too Grand (American Wonders Collection, #1)
  • Protecting Tanner Hollow (Tanner Hollow, #1-4)
  • The Killing Tide (Coastal Guardians, #1)
  • A Perfect Silhouette
  • A Song of Joy (Under Northern Skies, #4)
  • Cross My Heart (A Legacy of Faith #2)
  • Lake Season (Bluebell Inn Romance #1)
  • Finding Lady Enderly
  • A Pursuit of Home (Haven Manor, #3)
Tracie Peterson is a bestselling author who writes in both historical and contemporary genres. Her novels reveal her love for research as well as her strong desire to develop emotionally meaningful characters and stories for her readers. Tracie and her family live in Montana.

pen name: Janelle Jamison

Brookstone Brides (3 books)
  • When You Are Near (Brookstone Brides, #1)
  • Wherever You Go (Brookstone Brides, #2)