Start by marking “Aiming for Love (Brides of Hope Mountain, #1)” as Want to Read:
Aiming for Love (Brides of Hope Mountain, #1)

Aiming for Love

(Brides of Hope Mountain #1)

Growing up in Colorado, Josephine Madson has been fascinated by but has shied away from the outside world--one she's been raised to believe killed her parents. When Dave Warden, a rancher, shows up to their secret home with his wounded father, will Josephine and her sisters risk stepping into the world to help or remain separated but safe on Hope Mountain?
Published October 1st 2019 by Bethany House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Aiming for Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aiming for Love

Start your review of Aiming for Love (Brides of Hope Mountain, #1)
Susan Snodgrass
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
'It was too perfect, a holy moment, as if they were closer to God up here. They were filled with the peace of the place.'

I never, ever miss a Mary Connealy book. No way, no how. She has been a favorite since the first book of hers I picked up. And nothing has changed since then. When I first saw the cover for this book, I fell in love with it. In fact, the covers for her last two series' have been wonderfully done.

Connealy introduces us to the Nordegren sisters, Danish by blood, living alone in
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
I'm so happy for the start of a new series by Mary Connealy! I adore her down-to-earth characters, the adventure found in the remote wilderness setting, and the sweet romance that develops naturally. Jo and her sisters are an anomaly- three women surviving and thriving without any contact with the outside world. They are an interesting blend of naive and savvy, having a strong moral code instilled by their grandma and survival skills taught by their grandpa, and each girl has a different blend ...more
Brittany
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this fun story of sisters who grew up isolated in the mountains. I understood how fear could took hold in their lives as they had been raised by such a fearful grandmother. I liked the way that Jo and Ilsa were able to move past those fears and begin to live life and help the people who showed up on their mountain. However, Ursula really frustrated me. I spent a lot of the book angry with her treatment of Jo and the way she allowed fear to control her. I do look forward to seeing how ...more
Kav
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eeep! New series by Mary Connealy alert! I can't get enough of her unique dead-pan quirkiness -- does that make sense? Probably only if you're read a Connealy extravaganza. This time she's outdone herself by taking her trademark wilderness theme to a whole new level. Seriously fun and clever and laugh-out-loudable!

Imagine living way up in the mountains and never seeing anyone other than family? And the only man you've had any interactions with for most of your life is your grandfather. But now
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
I really enjoyed this heartfelt story and found myself chuckling with this author's sense of humor. The characters were amazing and I fell in love with Jo and James.

I can't wait to find out what happens in the next book with Illsa!
Paula Shreckhise
Aiming For Love is the first in a new series by Mary Connealy, Brides of Hope Mountain.
I have been a big fan of Mary Connealy ever since I read her Lassoed in Texas series. She always infuses laughter in her awesome western romances. This book was a real treat.
Imagine three young ladies living in an isolated mountain cabin for ten years. With no outside contact or influence since their grandparents died, Jo, Ursula and Ilsa Nordegren have some strange notions about how the rest of the world
Monique
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Aiming for Love is the first book in the Brides of Hope Mountain series by Mary Connealy. You can notice this is not Mary’s first book, as you just fly through the pages with excellent pacing, there isn’t a dull moment. For me, it was a very fast read too.

The story is very original, and it had me chuckle out loud quite a few times. We follow Jo, one of the three sisters who have been raised in isolation by their grandparents, having no contact with the outside world at all, as grandmom claimed
Abigail

I enjoyed this book, I really did. The plot and storyline were very unique and entertaining to read. I just wish I could have liked it more.

The characters I felt were a but dull at points and I had a rather hard time relating to them. I really like all the characters but I felt that their development could have gone deeper than what it did.

I had to continue to remind myself that the girls were very sheltered as I was reading this because I found myself growing annoyed at parts, lol.
Alysha (For The Love of Christian Fiction)
3/5 stars. Full review to come.
Beth Erin
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Full review on FaithfullyBookish.com

The Nordegren sisters are living in a mountain paradise! This is not to say they have a physically easy life but you don’t have to be an awestruck flat-lander like me to appreciate their hard-core survivalist skills. After living cut-off from the outside world for the majority of their lives, these ladies take socially awkward to a whole new level and I love them for it!

Jo’s insatiable curiosity played a major role in ending the only way of life she and her
MJSH
Shelves: book-tours, read-2019
Welcome to a brand-new series by Mary Connealy! Aiming for Love takes us to Hope Mountain in 1873 Colorado where we meet the Nordegren sisters who have been reared up high in the mountain by a set of grandparents who avoided civilization and taught them to fear the world outside of their cabin. With her trademark humor and easy-to-read writing style, the author paints a beautiful yet challenging backdrop of the untamed mountain as the three sisters meet the Warden family who are fleeing from ...more
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
This book is unique. I don't think I have come across another quite like it. It's not a stretch to imagine a family removing themselves from society to escape negative situations. In this story, three sisters live isolated in the mountains to keep from illness. Their grandmother was afraid that they would die by catching a disease.

The three girls are on their own and have a fear of the outside world. That changes when men decide to make the mountain their home. Jo is fascinated with them and a
Melanie
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Aiming for Love is a good book to pick up if you are looking for a nice historical read with some humor. I haven't read a Mary Connealy novel in what feels like ages, so I was curious about whether or not I would enjoy this one... I'm very happy that it was a hit and I am eager to continue the series.

I found the characters to be a delight. It was interesting how the sisters' lived and in some ways I felt bad for them. The romance was as expected and I enjoyed reading the story.

All in all, Aiming
Lori
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As always Mary has written another fun loving book with just the right amount of humor.
I love Mary's books for this reason because she makes me feel like I'm in the book with the characters.
Whenever she writes a great story she pulls me in from the beginning to end. I spent a lovely afternoon by myself just giggling and snickering at David and Josephine. Mary does an awesome job with these two.
We once were going to move to a place called King's mountain. It was pretty much described like Hope
Phyllis
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh what fun!

My rating is 4.5 stars

When Jo was caught sneaking into Dave's camp, nobody's life was ever the same again. I loved the way Dave was so appalled by Jo and yet so captivated by her at the same time. And bewildered at her strange behavior and beliefs.

The Nordegren sisters, having been isolated from the outside world by a grandmother who lived in fear of death and disease had a number of idiosyncrasies. Their ability to move through the forest so quietly even the woodland creatures
Ibjoy1953 Hannabass
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
MY THOUGHTS ON THIS BOOK

I have always been a fan of Mary Connealy books and with this one, she has written something very different. And I love it! I could never imagine 3 young ladies living their entire lives on a mountain, never going down that mountain to meet anyone else. And living off of the mountain land. And add to that, they know nothing about real life. But that is what this book is about. And you really need to read it to know what happens.

This is such an enjoyable read. The three
Tonya Lucas
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mary Connealy’s Aiming For Love is a true treasure not to be missed.
This is one of the most unique plots I’ve ever read.
As strangers from down below invade the high mountain land with their cattle, three sisters must decide if they are in danger.
Jo, Ilsa, and Ursula have lived their entire life isolated on this mountain, never once have they ventured down into civilization, they only know how to survive in the wild.
This invasion of their land is a new concept they must face.
As these two
Inspirationalfictionreader
Aiming for Love is the first story in Mary Connealy’s new series. Jo and her two sisters have been raised in a very remote mountainous area and basically know nothing about the outside world. They have been taught to be totally self sufficient, but they’ve also been taught to fear the world and those in it. This concept is interesting and I am looking forward to seeing how each sister deals with civilization coming to them!

Jo is a very likable character, as is Dave. I liked how her curiosity
Vera Godley
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It is always a pleasure to read one of Mary Connealy's books. She fills them with light hearted, often funny, moments. She brings well-blended faith into the story as the characters share their faith or simply live out their faith.

In Aiming for Love, the three sisters who have lived the majority of their lives cut off from the world, perched atop a range of mountains, freely roaming, and foraging off the land for their existence. They, too, are people of faith - even though their's is a bit
Suzie Waltner
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
One of the things I love most about Mary Connealy’s books is how unique they are. You can’t fit them into one specific genre box. They’re historical, western, romance, and comedy all wrapped up in fabulous words.

Aiming for Love (book one in the new Brides of Hope Mountain series) introduces readers to three sisters who have survived on a Colorado mountain isolated from society. When a rancher, his hands, and his family arrive on Hope Mountain, Jo (Josephine) is intrigued. And, of course, gets
Trisha Robertson (Joy of Reading)
What a fantastic introduction to a new series. With true Mary Connealy flair this story unfolds with dynamic characters, rich faith, and a splash of quirky humor. Set in the rugged beauty of the wild Colorado mountains, nature and terrain take on an important role in the story. Once of both breathtaking beauty and harsh reality. The characters are unique and show great potential for further grown as the series progresses.

Josephine and her sisters are quite an enigma. Raised in seclusion, with a
Kailey
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. I loved all of the characters! This book made me laugh, but it also made me feel. I enjoyed the message about facing your fears and not letting them hold you back. I definitely can’t wait for the next book!

I received a complimentary copy from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: celebrate-lit, review
It is always exciting to come across a new-to-me Christian fiction author who is able to draw me in with the first of their books that I pick up, and doubly so when their work is refreshingly unique! I can safely say that Mary Connealy’s “Aiming for Love”, book one in the Brides of Hope Mountain series, is one of the most distinctive novels I have had the pleasure of reviewing. My appreciation extends to the book cover, as well. It initially enticed me just by its beauty and woodland backdrop, ...more
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
AIMING FOR LOVE is a story of a family of ranchers who invades three sisters' solitary lives up on a mountain in Colorado as they escape danger. It's full of complex family relationships, facing challenges and fear, and finding unexpected love. Christian historical fans and fans of the author will enjoy this one!

Connealy writes interesting and unique characters and these three sisters are definitely that. Each one has her own strengths and weaknesses and they work together seamlessly. It was
Rebecca
Oct 03, 2019 rated it liked it

"The Nordegren women were better off alone."

Or were they? Along with her two sisters, Josephine Nordegren had lived her entire life isolated from civilization, living on the side of a mountain nestled deep within the wilds of Colorado. So naturally, when a passel of men and their cattle braved the steep trail towards the top of Hope Mountain, she became curious; curious enough to make a critical mistake.

Once David Warden realized that the ghost-like snoop was none other than a right
Jasmine
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One mountain, two families...

Oh, what a fun book to read! This is Mary Connealy at her best! It's been awhile since I've read one of her books but this one had such a cool cover and sounded interesting. Aiming For Love was exactly the type of story I was in the mood for! Humor, romance, and adventure are delightfully blended in this charming story set in the dramatic mountainous landscape of Colorado.

I truly enjoyed Aiming For Love. It was nice to escape from the hum-drum of our modern world and
Hallie Szott
3.5

Josephine Nordegren and her sisters live isolated lives in the wilderness of Colorado. Then, when Jo crosses paths with Dave Warden, her little world begins to grow—but not without a few mishaps and dangerous encounters.

I loved getting to know the characters in Aiming for Love, the start to Mary Connealy’s new Brides of Hope Mountain series. Jo and her sisters prove admirably capable and resourceful (though completely quirky), while Dave and his family quickly open their hearts to the strange
Marguerite Gray
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Do you like reading about a society existing outside the known world? Well, Connealy has given the reader such a place with vibrant characters living tucked away from civilization and the advances made in the recent years. I was so excited to meet three sisters secluded in the mountains of Colorado in 1873. I question if I could have survived in the rugged terrain with only the knowledge taught by my grandmother and grandfather.

As exciting as that might sound to live away from the problems of
Mary
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story takes place in the 1800s, but with such a setting it could possibly be a modern tale since the Nordegren sisters know nothing but their own little space on the planet. What would happen if three sisters living in rugged mountain isolation suddenly face intruders from the world they were taught to fear? This intriguing tale is the first in a series, and I’m so glad the stories will continue. Josephine is curious about the outside world and wants to learn from others, but her deceased ...more
Gina Holder
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Aiming for Love is full of Mary Connealy’s signature wit. I loved the unique characters these three girls present, and I can’t wait to read the next two books. I really enjoyed watching the story unfold, especially learning about the Nordengren girl’s past and why they are the way they are. This story introduces the characters that will continue through-out the next books. It does change POV frequently and has quite a few different perspectives. I found it easy to keep up with who’s mind we were ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Hope's Highest Mountain (Heirs of Montana, #1)
  • Diamond in the Rough (American Heiresses, #2)
  • The Spice King (Hope and Glory, #1)
  • A Distance Too Grand (American Wonders Collection, #1)
  • The Painted Castle (Lost Castle #3)
  • Stitches in Time (The Deacon's Family #2)
  • Always Look Twice (Uncommon Justice, #2)
  • A Pursuit of Home (Haven Manor, #3)
  • Dark Ambitions (Code of Honor #3)
  • Once Upon a Dickens Christmas: 3 Charming Christmas Tales Set in Victorian England
  • Serving Up Love: A Harvey House Brides Collection
  • What Comes My Way (Brookstone Brides, #3)
  • Lake Season (Bluebell Inn Romance #1)
  • Deadly Christmas Pretense (Roughwater Ranch Cowboys #2)
  • The Bright Unknown
  • Smoke Screen
  • Ford (The Montana Marshalls, #3)
  • Wyatt (The Montana Marshalls, #4)
Mary Connealy writes romantic comedy with cowboys always with a strong suspense thread. She is a two time Carol Award winner, and a Rita, Christy and Inspirational Reader's Choice finalist.
She is the bestselling author of 48 books and novellas.
Her most recent three book series are: Cimarron Legacy, Wild at Heart, Trouble in Texas, Kincaid Bride for Bethany House Publishing. She’s also written

Brides of Hope Mountain (2 books)
  • Woman of Sunlight (Brides of Hope Mountain, #2)