Start by marking “Aiming for Love (Brides of Hope Mountain, #1)” as Want to Read:
Aiming for Love (Brides of Hope Mountain, #1)

Aiming for Love

(Brides of Hope Mountain #1)

Growing up in Colorado, Josephine Madson has been fascinated by but has shied away from the outside world--one she's been raised to believe killed her parents. When Dave Warden, a rancher, shows up to their secret home with his wounded father, will Josephine and her sisters risk stepping into the world to help or remain separated but safe on Hope Mountain?
Published October 1st 2019 by Bethany House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Aiming for Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aiming for Love

Start your review of Aiming for Love (Brides of Hope Mountain, #1)
Susan Snodgrass
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
'It was too perfect, a holy moment, as if they were closer to God up here. They were filled with the peace of the place.'

I never, ever miss a Mary Connealy book. No way, no how. She has been a favorite since the first book of hers I picked up. And nothing has changed since then. When I first saw the cover for this book, I fell in love with it. In fact, the covers for her last two series' have been wonderfully done.

Connealy introduces us to the Nordegren sisters, Danish by blood, living alone in
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
I'm so happy for the start of a new series by Mary Connealy! I adore her down-to-earth characters, the adventure found in the remote wilderness setting, and the sweet romance that develops naturally. Jo and her sisters are an anomaly- three women surviving and thriving without any contact with the outside world. They are an interesting blend of naive and savvy, having a strong moral code instilled by their grandma and survival skills taught by their grandpa, and each girl has a different blend o ...more
Brittany
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this fun story of sisters who grew up isolated in the mountains. I understood how fear could took hold in their lives as they had been raised by such a fearful grandmother. I liked the way that Jo and Ilsa were able to move past those fears and begin to live life and help the people who showed up on their mountain. However, Ursula really frustrated me. I spent a lot of the book angry with her treatment of Jo and the way she allowed fear to control her. I do look forward to seeing how t ...more
Kav
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eeep! New series by Mary Connealy alert! I can't get enough of her unique dead-pan quirkiness -- does that make sense? Probably only if you're read a Connealy extravaganza. This time she's outdone herself by taking her trademark wilderness theme to a whole new level. Seriously fun and clever and laugh-out-loudable!

Imagine living way up in the mountains and never seeing anyone other than family? And the only man you've had any interactions with for most of your life is your grandfather. But now i
Alysha (For The Love of Christian Fiction)
It breaks my heart when I don't love a book by one of my favorite authors! I'll be honest, the reviews are hard to write.

This was one of those times for me.
I didn't connect with any of the characters. They didn't feel fully flushed out, they felt really two dimensional to me.

I felt like there were a few plot lines that were started and never touched on or wrapped up. I'm hoping to see them highlighted as the series goes on.

The romance was really, really quick. For how little they actually int
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
I really enjoyed this heartfelt story and found myself chuckling with this author's sense of humor. The characters were amazing and I fell in love with Jo and James.

I can't wait to find out what happens in the next book with Illsa!
Monique
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Aiming for Love is the first book in the Brides of Hope Mountain series by Mary Connealy. You can notice this is not Mary’s first book, as you just fly through the pages with excellent pacing, there isn’t a dull moment. For me, it was a very fast read too.

The story is very original, and it had me chuckle out loud quite a few times. We follow Jo, one of the three sisters who have been raised in isolation by their grandparents, having no contact with the outside world at all, as grandmom claimed
Paula Shreckhise
Aiming For Love is the first in a new series by Mary Connealy, Brides of Hope Mountain.
I have been a big fan of Mary Connealy ever since I read her Lassoed in Texas series. She always infuses laughter in her awesome western romances. This book was a real treat.
Imagine three young ladies living in an isolated mountain cabin for ten years. With no outside contact or influence since their grandparents died, Jo, Ursula and Ilsa Nordegren have some strange notions about how the rest of the world op
Abigail

I enjoyed this book, I really did. The plot and storyline were very unique and entertaining to read. I just wish I could have liked it more.

The characters I felt were a but dull at points and I had a rather hard time relating to them. I really like all the characters but I felt that their development could have gone deeper than what it did.

I had to continue to remind myself that the girls were very sheltered as I was reading this because I found myself growing annoyed at parts, lol. I
Hannah
I was interested in the premise of this one but instead of being a fun-fluff read it was simply too much fluff, like finding dry ice when you think you see snow. So many inconsistencies in the story and a romance in which I simply couldn’t see what they saw in each other unless it was an attractive exterior.

There were no hogs and boars to hunt in 1873 Colorado. Feral hogs have only recently begun invading the southwestern CO area.

I had a very hard time understanding what Connealy was trying to
MJSH
Welcome to a brand-new series by Mary Connealy! Aiming for Love takes us to Hope Mountain in 1873 Colorado where we meet the Nordegren sisters who have been reared up high in the mountain by a set of grandparents who avoided civilization and taught them to fear the world outside of their cabin. With her trademark humor and easy-to-read writing style, the author paints a beautiful yet challenging backdrop of the untamed mountain as the three sisters meet the Warden family who are fleeing from tho ...more
Beth Erin
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Full review on FaithfullyBookish.com

The Nordegren sisters are living in a mountain paradise! This is not to say they have a physically easy life but you don’t have to be an awestruck flat-lander like me to appreciate their hard-core survivalist skills. After living cut-off from the outside world for the majority of their lives, these ladies take socially awkward to a whole new level and I love them for it!

Jo’s insatiable curiosity played a major role in ending the only way of life she and her si
Ibjoy1953 Hannabass
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
MY THOUGHTS ON THIS BOOK

I have always been a fan of Mary Connealy books and with this one, she has written something very different. And I love it! I could never imagine 3 young ladies living their entire lives on a mountain, never going down that mountain to meet anyone else. And living off of the mountain land. And add to that, they know nothing about real life. But that is what this book is about. And you really need to read it to know what happens.

This is such an enjoyable read. The three N
Melanie
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-read
Aiming for Love is a good book to pick up if you are looking for a nice historical read with some humor. I haven't read a Mary Connealy novel in what feels like ages, so I was curious about whether or not I would enjoy this one... I'm very happy that it was a hit and I am eager to continue the series.

I found the characters to be a delight. It was interesting how the sisters' lived and in some ways I felt bad for them. The romance was as expected and I enjoyed reading the story.

All in all, Aiming
Lori
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As always Mary has written another fun loving book with just the right amount of humor.
I love Mary's books for this reason because she makes me feel like I'm in the book with the characters.
Whenever she writes a great story she pulls me in from the beginning to end. I spent a lovely afternoon by myself just giggling and snickering at David and Josephine. Mary does an awesome job with these two.
We once were going to move to a place called King's mountain. It was pretty much described like Hope m
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
This book is unique. I don't think I have come across another quite like it. It's not a stretch to imagine a family removing themselves from society to escape negative situations. In this story, three sisters live isolated in the mountains to keep from illness. Their grandmother was afraid that they would die by catching a disease.

The three girls are on their own and have a fear of the outside world. That changes when men decide to make the mountain their home. Jo is fascinated with them and a
Strawberry
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
Very disappointed. I'm on the fence between okay and didn't like. It felt like a extremely long prequel.
Too much detail was given to the setting and not enough depth to the characters experiences. Mitch's experience in New York was very under developed. Characters repeated their thoughts and plans multiple times without change. Too many events were left unexplained, like the identity of the two men Wax sees at the ranch, the illness with spots, the builder of dwellings and too many issues, such
Tonya Lucas
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mary Connealy’s Aiming For Love is a true treasure not to be missed.
This is one of the most unique plots I’ve ever read.
As strangers from down below invade the high mountain land with their cattle, three sisters must decide if they are in danger.
Jo, Ilsa, and Ursula have lived their entire life isolated on this mountain, never once have they ventured down into civilization, they only know how to survive in the wild.
This invasion of their land is a new concept they must face.
As these two differen
Sydney
Mar 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Mary Connealy has created an intriguing story about a God fearing family that has removed themselves from society to protect themselves from bad people and situations, as well as disease. This first story focuses on the first sister, Josephine, or Jo as she likes to be called, and rancher Dave Warden. It’s about their families learning to help one another and exist together on the same mountain by offering shelter or necessary skills when different situations are thrown at them. And through it a ...more
Emmalee Ellsworth
Jul 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was pretty good. Throughout the entire book, I was annoyed by the reason the girls stayed on the mountain. They were scared of sickness and death. Maybe if we weren't in the time we are in now, it wouldn't have bothered me as much. Otherwise, I loved reading how they got around in the woods.
Phyllis
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh what fun!

My rating is 4.5 stars

When Jo was caught sneaking into Dave's camp, nobody's life was ever the same again. I loved the way Dave was so appalled by Jo and yet so captivated by her at the same time. And bewildered at her strange behavior and beliefs.

The Nordegren sisters, having been isolated from the outside world by a grandmother who lived in fear of death and disease had a number of idiosyncrasies. Their ability to move through the forest so quietly even the woodland creatures didn'
Carrie Daws
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
While this one feels a little different than Mary Connealy's western romances, it is no less enchanting. The relationship between the three sisters is wonderful, and the storyline as they interact with non-family people for the first time in their lives both interesting and amusing. I love how she creates a major plot that I suspect will run through all three books, but she ties up this first book well enough that if I couldn't continue on for some reason I'm still satisfied with what I know. St ...more
Suzie Waltner
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
One of the things I love most about Mary Connealy’s books is how unique they are. You can’t fit them into one specific genre box. They’re historical, western, romance, and comedy all wrapped up in fabulous words.

Aiming for Love (book one in the new Brides of Hope Mountain series) introduces readers to three sisters who have survived on a Colorado mountain isolated from society. When a rancher, his hands, and his family arrive on Hope Mountain, Jo (Josephine) is intrigued. And, of course, gets he
Trisha
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a fantastic introduction to a new series. With true Mary Connealy flair this story unfolds with dynamic characters, rich faith, and a splash of quirky humor. Set in the rugged beauty of the wild Colorado mountains, nature and terrain take on an important role in the story. Once of both breathtaking beauty and harsh reality. The characters are unique and show great potential for further grown as the series progresses.

Josephine and her sisters are quite an enigma. Raised in seclusion, with a
Hallie Szott
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5

Josephine Nordegren and her sisters live isolated lives in the wilderness of Colorado. Then, when Jo crosses paths with Dave Warden, her little world begins to grow—but not without a few mishaps and dangerous encounters.

I loved getting to know the characters in Aiming for Love, the start to Mary Connealy’s new Brides of Hope Mountain series. Jo and her sisters prove admirably capable and resourceful (though completely quirky), while Dave and his family quickly open their hearts to the strange
Vera Godley
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It is always a pleasure to read one of Mary Connealy's books. She fills them with light hearted, often funny, moments. She brings well-blended faith into the story as the characters share their faith or simply live out their faith.

In Aiming for Love, the three sisters who have lived the majority of their lives cut off from the world, perched atop a range of mountains, freely roaming, and foraging off the land for their existence. They, too, are people of faith - even though their's is a bit skew
Inspirationalfictionreader
Aiming for Love is the first story in Mary Connealy’s new series. Jo and her two sisters have been raised in a very remote mountainous area and basically know nothing about the outside world. They have been taught to be totally self sufficient, but they’ve also been taught to fear the world and those in it. This concept is interesting and I am looking forward to seeing how each sister deals with civilization coming to them!

Jo is a very likable character, as is Dave. I liked how her curiosity hel
Kailey
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. I loved all of the characters! This book made me laugh, but it also made me feel. I enjoyed the message about facing your fears and not letting them hold you back. I definitely can’t wait for the next book!

I received a complimentary copy from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.
Ming Wei
May 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Really like it, within the pages you get a understanding how easy it is to lose knowledge of the outside world when you cut yourself off and isolate yourself, like the sisters did in the mountains. A story about being forced to live in the wilderness when you home as been taken away from you, adventure, life struggles, making the best of the current situation, and staying loyal to thoese people close to you, are all themes running in my mind when I read this story. Very easy story line to follow ...more
Rachel
Mar 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
From the hillside of Hope Mountain to the valley of Warden Ranch, Aiming for Love is a fascinating and entertaining story from beginning to end. Mary Connealy has given us a unique and totally NEW story.

Jo is incredible. I have never read a book with a character quite like her. While naive and ignorant of the world outside her isolated haven on Hope Mountain, Jo is an endearing heroine if ever there was one. She is resourceful and curious. Ready for adventure and ready for love. I want her cloth
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Hope's Highest Mountain (Heirs of Montana, #1)
  • At Love's Command (Hanger's Horsemen, #1)
  • The Major's Daughter (Fort Reno, #3)
  • Serving Up Love: A Harvey House Brides Collection
  • Bachelor Buttons
  • The Runaway Bride (The Bride Ships, #2)
  • On Wings of Devotion (The Codebreakers, #2)
  • Diamond in the Rough (American Heiresses, #2)
  • Storing Up Trouble (American Heiresses, #3)
  • Fire Storm (Kaely Quinn Profiler #2)
  • A Pursuit of Home (Haven Manor, #3)
  • Christmas in Winter Hill
  • Out of the Embers (Mesquite Springs, #1)
  • The Spice King (Hope and Glory, #1)
  • Amish Front Porch Stories: 18 Short Tales of Simple Faith and Wisdom
  • The Yellow Lantern
  • More Than We Remember
  • The Happy Camper
Mary Connealy writes romantic comedy with cowboys always with a strong suspense thread. She is a two time Carol Award winner, and a Rita, Christy and Inspirational Reader's Choice finalist.
She is the bestselling author of 48 books and novellas.
Her most recent three book series are: Cimarron Legacy, Wild at Heart, Trouble in Texas, Kincaid Bride for Bethany House Publishing. She’s also written fo

Brides of Hope Mountain (3 books)
  • Woman of Sunlight (Brides of Hope Mountain, #2)
  • Her Secret Song (Brides of Hope Mountain, #3)

News & Interviews