Start by marking “Echoes” as Want to Read:
Echoes

Echoes

After one thousand years of listless eternity, Oskar is used to his particular brand of loneliness. But a long walk through middle America and a few chance encounters will lead him straight to a man he'd known to be long since dead―his childhood best friend, Aranck.

Being undead hasn't stopped Aran from living life to the fullest. He has all the money and power his charm a
ebook
Published February 25th 2019 by Ninestar Press (first published September 19th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Echoes, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

˗ˏˋ eg ˎˊ˗
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbt, read-2017
talk about the longest slow burn to ever slow burn holy hell.. if you’re looking for a book with pining that lasts a MILLENNIA than this IS THE BOOK FOR YOU!!!!!
Tera Jade
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Slow start

But before I knew it I was invested. The more... intimate scene towards the end somewhat continued unexpectedly long but it didn't take away from the story, which was exceptional. I don't even like vampire and werewolf stories but if they were all like this I could love them.
Roxana  Rangel
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVE IT

It's been a long time since my last review. I just fell in love this story, it is a slow burn romance. The way the feelings are described is just amazing. Feel connected to the characters. Very well developed. To me a MUST READ!
Samantha
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
If you like lgbtq fiction, romance, and the slowest slow burn to ever burn this book is for you! I've been trying to get my friends to read Ashton's writing for YEARS. I'm excited to have a hard copy I can push into their hands in addition to opening tons of archive tabs on their phone.
L.A. A. Ashton
Feb 25, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtqia, my-work, vampires
I heard it’s super gay
Ariane
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fantastic read! The story sucked me right in from the start. I absolutely loved the suspense of the story; I kept wanting to read more so I could find out who was the culprit! More than that, the cast of characters was so interesting and Oskar and Aranck will forever have a special place in my heart. The slow burn of their romance was almost frustrating at times, but it was really rewarding in the end!

The world-building in itself was really intriguing as well. Not only the way that vampi
Lauren Kalt
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't put this book down as soon as I started it. Usually, I have trouble liking new characters in novels I'm just starting, but Ashton's writing made it easy for me to become enamored with the main characters. This is a beautifully crafted supernatural LGBT romance. If you love history, vampires, werewolves, romantic and plot tension, and slow burn romance, this is the book for you. I sincerely hope this isn't the last we see of these characters and this world, because I loved every minute ...more
Noel Simpson
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Vampire fare

This was an interesting take on vampires and werewolves, you'll definitely like it if you lean more towards team Edward
Melanie
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review

Rating: 4.75 stars out of 5

For the full review, visit https://wp.me/p220KL-g5W

From that review: It's rare that a story with vampires and werewolves can offer up a new narrative slant on both but Echoes by L.A. Aston does, and with a story full of jaw dropping, mind spinning, never saw that coming stunning twists.  Do I love this story?  Why yes I do!"A thousand years weren't enough to forget him."

For all our reviews, check out http://scatteredthoughtsan
Emily Mors
Was recommended this book by a friend who also likes romance and paranormal stuff. I so wanted to like this book more. The overall plot and dialogue was enjoyable. I love the world that L.A. made, I just wanted more information about it. Like the interaction between the wolves and vampires, we didn't really find out the rules and history between them, and I wanted to know more about their interactions with humans. And I wanted to know more of the inner thoughts and feelings of the main characs. ...more
Ije the Devourer of Books
3.5 Stars

I thought this was an enjoyable story with some excellent world building. The story focuses on a vampire attack against some werewolves and the local vampire district leader has to do his best to find out what happened and who was behind the attack. As he investigates he comes face-to-face with his past, but it is a past but he never would have thought possible.

The story is really about the politics between within the vampire community and between the vampires and the wolves. It is an e
Kirstin
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
There were quite a few twists and turns in this story that I was seriously unable to stop reading to the end. So dramatic, fantastic and the longest pining in the history of pinings.

Oskar is a wandering vampire. He's lived a thousand years, since the Vikings. When he shows up in the middle of corn field flat Iowa, he's overcome with emotion to see his best friend from his human life.

Aranck has made something of himself as the 'Lord' of the vampires in his town. He's charged with dealing with all
Susan
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of Echoes by L.A. Ashton via IndiGo Marketing & Design in exchange for an honest review. I am always intrigued by an author who can add a new twist to the vampire mythos. The author has done that in Echoes. The idea that two humans were both turned a thousand years ago finding each other again lends itself to some interesting scenarios. The contrast between what they’ve each become in the intervening centuries provided much of the angst in the story. There are also several ...more
DRS
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book; I'm always so happy when I find good vampire stories! So many are poorly done, or feel done to death. This one was neither of those. The characters were interesting and sympathetic and nicely vampiric. Good little mystery with hints and misdirections, satisfying ending. I'm ready for a sequel :)
Annarella
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very good novel, with interesting characters and an engaging plot.
I liked the way the writer describe the character's feeling and how the plot is developed.
It's a very good urban fantasy with a romantic twist and some spiritual side.
I look forward to reading other books by this author.
Highly recommended!
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC
cynthisizing
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A unique paranormal vampire romance that’s definitely worth a read. I could read so many more novels with this romantic premise. I LOVED Aranack, the languages & reading about vamps of color and interracial relationships!!
Becca
Sam
Dec 13, 2017
Coltostallion
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review is based on an ARC.

While most of the common tropes found in vampire novels are present, it does give everything an interesting twist. Some of the twists were quite unexpected and I always appreciate when a book manages to surprise me without ever needing to lie. I enjoyed the characters, though it would have been nice to have a little more backstory it's understandable why there isn't. It's not needed, it would just be nice. All in all very enjoyable.
Michaela Varisto
Sep 09, 2018
Leah
Feb 27, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
L. A. Ashton is an LGBT+ author writing LGBT+ fiction. They enjoy rock music, traveling, and anything else that adds color to their daydreams. They believe in the healing properties of art and of having a cat firmly stationed on one’s lap. Their official site can be found at www.LAAshton.com.