Start by marking “Echoes” as Want to Read:
Echoes

Echoes

After one thousand years of listless eternity, Oskar is used to his particular brand of loneliness. But a long walk through middle America and a few chance encounters will lead him straight to a man he'd known to be long since dead―his childhood best friend, Aranck.

Being undead hasn't stopped Aran from living life to the fullest. He has all the money and power his charm a
ebook
Published February 25th 2019 by Ninestar Press (first published September 19th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Echoes, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
L.A. A. Ashton I'm hoping to one day demonstrate his sword prowess in future installments 👀

Start your review of Echoes
˗ˏˋ eg ˎˊ˗
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbt, read-2017
talk about the longest slow burn to ever slow burn holy hell.. if you’re looking for a book with pining that lasts a MILLENNIA than this IS THE BOOK FOR YOU!!!!!
Evie Drae
After reading and reviewing L. A. Ashton’s Valhalla, released from NineStar Press back in December 2018, I practically tripped over my own two readerly feet to get my hands on this author’s full-length novel, Echoes. I preordered it and it sat taunting me in my Kindle until I bit the proverbial bullet and just made time to read. Did I have it to spare on this particular weekend? Nope. Do I care one iota that I lost sleep to read it? Heck to the no.

Just as with Valhalla, this author blew me away
Tera Jade
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Slow start

But before I knew it I was invested. The more... intimate scene towards the end somewhat continued unexpectedly long but it didn't take away from the story, which was exceptional. I don't even like vampire and werewolf stories but if they were all like this I could love them.
Roxana Rangel
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVE IT

It's been a long time since my last review. I just fell in love this story, it is a slow burn romance. The way the feelings are described is just amazing. Feel connected to the characters. Very well developed. To me a MUST READ!
Sammie
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loved
If you like lgbtq fiction, romance, and the slowest slow burn to ever burn this book is for you! I've been trying to get my friends to read Ashton's writing for YEARS. I'm excited to have a hard copy I can push into their hands in addition to opening tons of archive tabs on their phone.
L.A. A. Ashton
Feb 25, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtqia, my-work, vampires
I heard it’s super gay
Ariane
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fantastic read! The story sucked me right in from the start. I absolutely loved the suspense of the story; I kept wanting to read more so I could find out who was the culprit! More than that, the cast of characters was so interesting and Oskar and Aranck will forever have a special place in my heart. The slow burn of their romance was almost frustrating at times, but it was really rewarding in the end!

The world-building in itself was really intriguing as well. Not only the way that vampi
Lauren Kalt
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't put this book down as soon as I started it. Usually, I have trouble liking new characters in novels I'm just starting, but Ashton's writing made it easy for me to become enamored with the main characters. This is a beautifully crafted supernatural LGBT romance. If you love history, vampires, werewolves, romantic and plot tension, and slow burn romance, this is the book for you. I sincerely hope this isn't the last we see of these characters and this world, because I loved every minute ...more
Noel Simpson
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Vampire fare

This was an interesting take on vampires and werewolves, you'll definitely like it if you lean more towards team Edward
Melanie
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review

Rating: 4.75 stars out of 5

For the full review, visit https://wp.me/p220KL-g5W

From that review: It's rare that a story with vampires and werewolves can offer up a new narrative slant on both but Echoes by L.A. Aston does, and with a story full of jaw dropping, mind spinning, never saw that coming stunning twists.  Do I love this story?  Why yes I do!"A thousand years weren't enough to forget him."

For all our reviews, check out http://scatteredthoughtsan
Emily Mors
Was recommended this book by a friend who also likes romance and paranormal stuff. I so wanted to like this book more. The overall plot and dialogue was enjoyable. I love the world that L.A. made, I just wanted more information about it. Like the interaction between the wolves and vampires, we didn't really find out the rules and history between them, and I wanted to know more about their interactions with humans. And I wanted to know more of the inner thoughts and feelings of the main characs. ...more
Just Gimme Da Books
This was quite a ride. I love that the author was able to surprise me in new and unique ways. I loved the characters, and despite having some qualms with the twist at the end, I adored the story. I'm looking forward to more from this author!
Susan65
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Blogger Girls

I love vampires and werewolves, I love paranormal, and I love reunited stories, too, so having all three together is a win-win-win. Aranck and Oskar were besties about one thousand years ago when the vampires came and wiped out their village. Aranck thought everyone was killed…including Oskar. Oskar thought everyone was killed, including Aranck. Until one thousand years and lots of walking later, Oskar stumbles onto the lands overseen by Aranck and this when their reunited story
Ije the Devourer of Books
3.5 Stars

I thought this was an enjoyable story with some excellent world building. The story focuses on a vampire attack against some werewolves and the local vampire district leader has to do his best to find out what happened and who was behind the attack. As he investigates he comes face-to-face with his past, but it is a past but he never would have thought possible.

The story is really about the politics between within the vampire community and between the vampires and the wolves. It is an e
Kirstin
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
There were quite a few twists and turns in this story that I was seriously unable to stop reading to the end. So dramatic, fantastic and the longest pining in the history of pinings.

Oskar is a wandering vampire. He's lived a thousand years, since the Vikings. When he shows up in the middle of corn field flat Iowa, he's overcome with emotion to see his best friend from his human life.

Aranck has made something of himself as the 'Lord' of the vampires in his town. He's charged with dealing with all
Shady
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this novel and would highly recommend it! I loved all the characters, especially the two ancient protagonists reconnecting after 1,000 years apart and their super cute rediscovery of each other. This novel sucked me in very quickly, was a pleasure to read the whole way through, and consistently made me laugh and smile. The core mystery was an entertaining arc to follow while learning more about the characters and served as a vehicle for some excellent interactions. I was def ...more
Susan
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of Echoes by L.A. Ashton via IndiGo Marketing & Design in exchange for an honest review. I am always intrigued by an author who can add a new twist to the vampire mythos. The author has done that in Echoes. The idea that two humans were both turned a thousand years ago finding each other again lends itself to some interesting scenarios. The contrast between what they’ve each become in the intervening centuries provided much of the angst in the story. There are also several mora ...more
Sara Codair
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've had an ARC of this for a while, and had meant to review a month ago, but I just didn't have time. I haven't read a novel in over a month, but tonight, I finally had time. I read the whole book in one sitting.

Overall, it was a great read. It was cute. It balanced plot tropes and original, complex characters. It was predictable in a good way. Even though I had a good idea of how it was going to end from early in the book, I still couldn’t put it down.

See my full review here: https://saracoda
DRS
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book; I'm always so happy when I find good vampire stories! So many are poorly done, or feel done to death. This one was neither of those. The characters were interesting and sympathetic and nicely vampiric. Good little mystery with hints and misdirections, satisfying ending. I'm ready for a sequel :)
Annarella
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very good novel, with interesting characters and an engaging plot.
I liked the way the writer describe the character's feeling and how the plot is developed.
It's a very good urban fantasy with a romantic twist and some spiritual side.
I look forward to reading other books by this author.
Highly recommended!
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC
Cyn
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A unique paranormal vampire romance that’s definitely worth a read. I could read so many more novels with this romantic premise. I LOVED Aranack, the languages & reading about vamps of color and interracial relationships!! ...more
Lauren
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
Written by a non-binary author, with queer vampires - sign me up!

I liked how the author created their own world around existing fantastical creatures. The vampires and werewolves in this story are very similar to what you would have already read but in this world, the humans know about the vampires, there are different clans with leaders and, in some cases, queens.

I think the best part was the slow burn romance. I did assume that they were going to fall into each other's arms as soon as they saw
Menoa
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq
I finished reading it few minutes ago, but I already miss them all. And I want to read more about all of them. I really loved the relationship between Arank and Oskar : the slowest slow burn eeeeever. Loved it.
I loved Isabela and Ryan, i wished we could have had more of them but nonetheless they were great.
The wolves were pretty interesting too, my favorite is Anna!
I think that if you love vampire, werewolf, slow burn, soulmate, pining and long haired vampire making out : this is the story for y
LJ
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5
Decent enough vampire fiction.
The mythos and hierarchy reminded me of that in the Southern Vampire Mysteries which is definitely a good thing. Some decent slow burn romance with an alright pay off.
You could tell there was an attempt at realism in the intimacy portion but it came off a bit unrealistic unfortunately.
Ending felt a little odd and fizzled somewhat. Felt like an attempt at open ended/continuation point.
Lustfulcat
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I read this books ages ago when it was first published and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. I loved a lot of the tropes in this, and it's very well-written, with intriguing side characters. Highly recommend.
Maddy
Oct 09, 2019 added it
super liked this
Noah
Feb 06, 2020 rated it did not like it
I just hated the ending, it ruined everything for me. It turned barely likeable characters into fully hateable ones
Oxy
Apr 28, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: didn-t-like-them
This book wasn’t for me, hated the last 20% of the story.
Becca
Mar 01, 2019
Nico
Jul 10, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)
  • Spellbound (Magic in Manhattan, #1)
  • Empire of Light (Voyance, #1)
  • The Mage on the Hill (The Web of Arcana #1)
  • Prince of Air and Darkness (The Darkest Court, #1)
  • All for Wesley (Pineapple Grove #2)
  • Tallowwood (Tallowwood, #1)
  • Any Old Diamonds (Lilywhite Boys #1)
  • Conspiracy Theory (Hamarsson & Dempsey #1)
  • Frost
  • Cemetery Boys
  • Beauregard and the Beast (Once Upon a Vegas Night #1)
  • A Chip and a Chair (Seven of Spades, #5)
  • The Last Sun (The Tarot Sequence, #1)
  • Bonds of Brass (The Bloodright Trilogy #1)
  • Wolf Lost (The Wolves of Kismet #1)
  • Abundance
  • 魔道祖师 [Mo Dao Zu Shi]
L. A. Ashton is an LGBT+ author writing LGBT+ fiction. They enjoy rock music, traveling, and anything else that adds color to their daydreams. They believe in the healing properties of art and of having a cat firmly stationed on one’s lap. Their official site can be found at www.LAAshton.com. ...more

News & Interviews