Start by marking “On My Honour (Brethren in Arms #1)” as Want to Read:
On My Honour (Brethren in Arms #1)

On My Honour

(Brethren in Arms #1)

When Lady Margaret Blake and her sister lose their parents in a boating accident they are left to the guardianship of their uncle. Disregarding their feelings for the price their beauty will fetch on the Marriage Mart, he arranges a match for both. Lady Margaret, however, has her own views on the matter and takes her Fate into her own hands.

Returning home after war to
Published February 4th 2019

To ask other readers questions about On My Honour, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On My Honour

Start your review of On My Honour (Brethren in Arms #1)
Mindy
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Elizabeth Johns is a fantastic author and her books never disappoint. I loved the characters and the setting was a character itself. I love romance mixed with some mystery. This book did not disappoint.
Anna
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great first book of series. Can’t wait for next one. Love the characters she created.
Gordon Saunders
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
There are probably still some things that bring about shame in society, whether British or American. But it is hard to know what they would be these days. However, in the England of 200 years ago, there were a great many things that could cause shame. And that which seemed shameful to society would lead to ruin even if there was no real reason to be ashamed.

Of course, we would have to define 'ruin' in the way they did – that is, being shunned by society, not being allowed to play the games of
Susan Lucky
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
On My Honour is the 1st book in a new series by Elizabeth Johns. The series is about a group of soldiers who banded together during the Napoleanic Wars, swearing on loyalty and honour to look out for each other and their families, should anything happen to them. The prologue sets the stage perfectly.
The 1st brother, Luke, finds himself pulled from the war for two reasons; he was injured and he unexpectedly inherited a dukedom. On his way to accept that and all the responsibilities that go with,
Nicole
On My Honour is the first novel that I’ve read and enjoyed by Elizabeth Johns, and it will not be my last. I very much enjoyed the fast-paced plot, and I found the characters to be endearing and memorable. I also appreciated the many unique topics discussed in this novel. In fact, there are so many interesting talking points to be found in this novel that I think it would make a great book-club read.

Of the characters in the story, Meg is the one I both loved and struggled with. My favorite thing
Patricia
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Judy
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
On My Honour by Elizabeth Johns
Brethren in Arms Series Book One
Major Luke Waverly was content being in the army. When his foolish relative died...Luke inherited and became a Duke. He was in no hurry for that position and stayed with his brothers in arms. After being injured and returning to English soil...life took a strange turn.

Lady Margaret “Meg” Blake was in deep trouble. She managed to escape one danger but there were many pitfalls ahead of her. And, she needed to find Amelia, her younger
Candace N
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
On My Honour by Elizabeth johns is a slow building, believable and sweet romance. The character development was great and it was really easy to connect with them. This was the perfect combination of damsel in distress, hero to the rescue and independent heroine not completely relying on someone to save her. Meg and Luke were extremely likeable characters and I’m really intrigued by the other characters as well. I loved the storyline, loved the writing and the only thing that could have made this ...more
⭐Richelle
Luke is everything we readers want in a swoon-worthy Duke: brave, handsome, honorable, kind, and unmarried.

He has returned home injured from war with Napoleon's army, ready to take up his ducal duties. The last thing he expects upon returning home is to save a lady in distress.....

I enjoyed the journey this book takes us on, the mystery of who/what/why our fair maiden is in distress, and watching as our young Duke falls hopelessly in love with the young lady he is desperate to help.

Romance -
Ann Gonzalez
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. Once again, Elizabeth Johns amazed me her ability to grasp my attention before the end of the fisrt page. All of the characters were very well-written and I am excited about this series.
Meg and Luke were very likable characters. Both were strong and willing to sacrifice it all to protect those they love. The story flowed smoothly and st a good pace. It was very hard for me to put the book down.
I highly recommend this book and all others by Elizabeth Johns. If you
Luci Jamison
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story starts off with action and really doesn't stop even at the end!
There is a great cat and mouse game afoot, spies, traitors, daring rescues and romance.
The story line and characters are well developed and you cheer for the good guys and boo the bad guys. It is good to see the romance develop between Meg and Luke.
I look forward to the other books in the series...

It ties to the Miss Bell's Finishing school series book 1....
Janene
Mar 22, 2019 rated it liked it
It could have been great

I really liked the storyline of this novel. The characters were well developed. What needed to be fixed was the small confusions that happened in the story. An example of the problem: the author would state something happened. Then the characters would act like it didn't happen, yet. Then the characters would precede to start the action again. Eventhough there were problems with the writing, I still enjoyed the novel and reccomend it.
Lois Zollars
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Stirring Novel!

Romance, intrigue, mystery, and villains. Sweet romance with twists and turns! I have read all of Elizabeth Johns's books and have never ever been disappointed! I love the fact that this writer not only shows a keen imagination, but her creativity does not need to introduce vulgar language or sexual content to capture her readers.
P Lynne Adams
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Epically Good

Elizabeth Johns is a well seasoned author. Everything she writes is golden. It was a very thought out plot with lots of intrigue. The romance between the H and h is sweetly tender. Loved all the characters, except the villain of course but even his character was interesting. Can't wait to see what happens next!
Bobbie
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
A clean historical romance. Loved the characters. The hero’s honour held throughout the book and he proved it over and again. The heroine overcame great obstacles and showed great care for others. Tobin, the batman, was an enjoyable support character. The plot was well laid out and was quite believable. I enjoyed the love that grew between the characters, instead of lust. A good easy read.
Jenn
Dec 06, 2019 rated it liked it
I'm reviewing this after several months and honestly can't remember the story even with the reviews. I usually remember if I have strong feelings for or against a romance, so I'm assuming this was a 3 star book.
Brandi
Dec 02, 2019 rated it did not like it
I guess this authors writing style just doesn’t jive with me.. couldn’t follow the plot- it kept jumping to things that weren’t making sense.. choppy, didn’t hold my attention writing... second book I tried from this author and think it’s my last
Camilla
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
Hoo boy, this was a bad one. Typos and grammar mistakes abounded, making a decent plot into a cesspit of hard-to-read writing. I had to force myself to just get it over with, and it still took me forever to get through.
Amy O'neal
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Can't wait for the next in this series. Luke and Meg were wonderful together
Melissa
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another good one!

I really enjoy Elizabeth Johns books. I can't wait for the next book in this series. Love me some clean regency plus action and intrigue.
Sarah Southerland
Nov 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Clean Regency romance. The story was the okay, often bordering on unbelievable.
Karen
Jun 08, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5 stars.
AnonJT
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
Not my type... try again next time

Looking for more action, chemistry, and witty banter. Author writes not quite in my preferred reading style and pace. So no go.
Msmarplescat
Mar 17, 2019 rated it did not like it
This one insults the intelligence of any reader. Forced plot, forced characters. All very predictable.
LeAnn
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic read as always

I love her books. Even though you know the outcome I can never predict how she will get the characters to the end result. Can't wait for the next book.
Rachel Di
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good story

I liked this story, but I didn’t love it. I didn’t really care for the characters personalities. Was still a good story though. Most importantly it was a clean read.
GG
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
Mediocre story, indifferent characters.
Dorothy Smithey
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!

This was a perfectly entertaining book. I highly recommend it to others and I will definitely was more by this author.
Ashley Hedin
Nov 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Average for me

This wasn’t my favorite of this author’s books. It still kept me reading and was enjoyable enough. The Lorring Abbott series is my favorite of hers!
Traci
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed

Action and adventure with every page. A dishonorable uncle, a young heroine and a hero fill the page's with excitement and love. Well worth the read.

• The Heiress (Miss Bell's Finishing School Book 2)
  • By Hook or By Rook (London League #4)
  • Spinster and Spice (The Spinster Chronicles, #3)
  • The Rivals of Rosennor Hall (Entangled Inheritance #3)
  • A Tip of the Cap (London League #3)
  • His Unexpected Heiress (Entangled Inheritance #2)
  • The Beauty (Ladies of Miss Bell's Finishing School Book 3)
  • An Unwelcome Suitor (Entangled Inheritance #4)
  • A Provision for Love (Entangled Inheritance #1)
  • Rescuing Lord Inglewood (Inglewood #1)
  • My Fair Spinster (The Spinster Chronicles, Book 4)
  • A Clever Alliance (Regency Brides: A Promise of Love, #1)
  • Miss Marleigh's Pirate Lord (Regency House Party: Havencrest #1)
  • Discovering Grace (Inglewood, #2)
  • The Spinster (Ladies of Miss Bell's Finishing School #4)
  • Courting the Vicar's Daughter  (Branches of Love, #6)
  • The Vexatious Widow (Regency House Party: Havencrest #2)
  • An Unexpected Bride (Brides of Brighton, #5)
Like many writers, Elizabeth Johns was first an avid reader, though she was a reluctant convert. It was Jane Austen's clever wit and unique turn of phrase that hooked Johns when she was "forced" to read Pride and Prejudice for a school assignment. She began writing when she ran out of her favorite author’s books and decided to try her hand at crafting a Regency romance novel. Her journey into ...more

Brethren in Arms (2 books)
  • Not Forgotten (Brethren in Arms #2)