Start by marking “Ace in the Picture (County Durham Quad, #3)” as Want to Read:
Ace in the Picture (County Durham Quad, #3)

Ace in the Picture

(County Durham Quad #3)

Polyamory and asexuality meet in this third tale about the North East England quad.

The police suspect Raith Balan of faking a painting. So do money launderers who sink profits into art.

Mike, Ross and Phil, the three men in Raith’s life, must prove his innocence. They’re hampered by their certainty that a member of the Fraud Squad is corrupt.

The senior investigating of
Published March 31st 2019 by Rowanvale Books Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Ace in the Picture, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ace in the Picture

Joyfully Jay
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: camille
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

This is the third book in Tresswell’s County Durham Quad series. However, having read the first two books (Badge of Loyalty and Polyamory on Trial), I think people new to the series could jump in with this book and keep up pretty well. There are some brief mentions to events in the previous books, but almost nothing in this story depends upon knowing those details.

I was interested in how much the quad is described in pairs (both in narration and via characters’ act
Laura Nelson (Tangents and Tissues)
****4.5 stars!****

Sheesh! *palms face*

How much more are these guys gonna to have to go through? I was doing my best H-to-the-no! face reading their latest adventures, or mid-adventures depending on your point of view *snorts*

Raith and his art are the focus in the latest instalment of the County Durham Quad series. It will take each of the men, along with an unexpected ally to unravel the mystery and clear his name.

My heart was in my throat a few times during this read. There is nothing I hate m
Karolina Cebula
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review in English and Polish || Recenzja po angielsku i polsku

*4,5 stars*

On the art market appears a painting which experts believe to be a fake. Because the style in which it was created resembles that used by Raith, London Fraud Squad led by Nick Seabrooke makes him their first suspect. Unfortunately, it quickly turns out that even some vague circumstantial evidence may have fatal consequences and put an innocent, falsely accused man in real danger.

Reading "Ace in the Picture" we immerse ourse
Kathryn Manzella
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ace in the Picture by Jude Tresswell is the third book in The County Durham Quad series. Although it can be read as a stand alone, as I did not read the first two books in series and still enjoyed this one, I am going to go back and read the other two to get more of the story of these characters.

As for this title, I found it to be well written and very interesting. The mystery of it, pulled me in and I was invested in finding out what was the truth of the story. The characters were interesting
Meg
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
This third book in the series follows along the same trope as the second book, Polyamory On Trial. By that, I mean that when things go wrong, former CID officer Mike Angells takes on his role of cop persona, and the others back him up.

However, this one is a lot closer to home. The actual authorities are involved from day one, so the men must be a little more circumspect about how they handle the information they gather; i.e., they have to be sure that their inside sources can't get into trouble.
Aaron Bloom
ARC The guys are fighting crime again but this time one of them is the suspect. That side of the story is well worked out with some neat twists and focuses on Raith having tetrachromatic vision. (All explained) Part way through, the focus changes. The senior investigating officer is asexual and we begin to see the quad's behaviour through his eyes. It's interesting and informative.
As always, there are some funny touches to counteract the drama, Raith usually being at the centre of both.
I missed
Natalie
Mar 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Received from Netgalley. 3.5 stars. I liked the consistency of the covers and the same matter of fact writing style, as well as the growth of the characters. These poor guys can’t seem to keep out of trouble. I liked Raith and Phil’s strengthened bond. I liked Nick but did feel sorry for him getting involved with the quad. I’m not sure about Mike anymore, his path seems to keep getting darker, his world revolving around the guys and screw everyone else. I’m almost expecting a batman cape and a m ...more
Bran Zesti
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a intriguing book, mystery, crime fighting... will not going to get into it all. But I will say I enjoy this book greatly. Twist, turns... it was so good. I really really enjoy this book!
Charlotte Kinzie
The short blurb bit: A polyamorous quad gets involved in a crime and the detective who is heading up the investigation is asexual. Raith, Mike, Ross, and Phil live together in the north of England. They’ve carved out a world for themselves in which they can be free to love and care about each other. Their life together is unique and has a few challenges but they make it work. When artist Raith is accused of forging a painting … things get very complicated very quickly.

The descriptive bit: If you
Anabel
Apr 15, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I voluntarily read and reviewed and advanced copy of this book, received through NetGalley in exchange for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

First of all, it should be noted that this is the third instalment of a series. This is something I did not know when I started reading the book, so I was pretty lost at some points in the story. Definitely, I recommend reading the first instalments before this one. Without that prior knowledge, the relationship between the characters c
E146
aiden
Apr 12, 2019
Mandy
Apr 16, 2019

County Durham Quad (3 books)
  • Badge of Loyalty (County Durham Quad, #1)
  • Polyamory on Trial (County Durham Quad, #2)