Start by marking “Ace in the Picture (County Durham Quad, #3)” as Want to Read:
Ace in the Picture (County Durham Quad, #3)

Ace in the Picture

(County Durham Quad #3)

Polyamory and asexuality meet in this third tale about the North East England quad.

The police suspect Raith Balan of faking a painting. So do money launderers who sink profits into art.

Mike, Ross and Phil, the three men in Raith’s life, must prove his innocence. They’re hampered by their certainty that a member of the Fraud Squad is corrupt.

The senior investigating of
Published March 31st 2019 by Rowanvale Books Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Ace in the Picture, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ace in the Picture

Start your review of Ace in the Picture (County Durham Quad, #3)
Joyfully Jay
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: camille
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

This is the third book in Tresswell’s County Durham Quad series. However, having read the first two books (Badge of Loyalty and Polyamory on Trial), I think people new to the series could jump in with this book and keep up pretty well. There are some brief mentions to events in the previous books, but almost nothing in this story depends upon knowing those details.

I was interested in how much the quad is described in pairs (both in narration and via characters’ act
Laura Nelson (Tangents and Tissues)
****4.5 stars!****

Sheesh! *palms face*

How much more are these guys gonna to have to go through? I was doing my best H-to-the-no! face reading their latest adventures, or mid-adventures depending on your point of view *snorts*

Raith and his art are the focus in the latest instalment of the County Durham Quad series. It will take each of the men, along with an unexpected ally to unravel the mystery and clear his name.

My heart was in my throat a few times during this read. There is nothing I hate m
Jodi
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'm really enjoying these men, the ups and downs, trial by fire, love, laughter, friendship, how it all plays out. It's amazing to me how they all come together despite how different they are. And that Mike is the glue that pulls them together. I'm definitely curious and hopeful that there will be a book 4
Karolina Cebula
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review in English and Polish || Recenzja po angielsku i polsku

*4,5 stars*

On the art market appears a painting which experts believe to be a fake. Because the style in which it was created resembles that used by Raith, London Fraud Squad led by Nick Seabrooke makes him their first suspect. Unfortunately, it quickly turns out that even some vague circumstantial evidence may have fatal consequences and put an innocent, falsely accused man in real danger.

Reading "Ace in the Picture" we immerse ourse
Kathryn Manzella
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ace in the Picture by Jude Tresswell is the third book in The County Durham Quad series. Although it can be read as a stand alone, as I did not read the first two books in series and still enjoyed this one, I am going to go back and read the other two to get more of the story of these characters.

As for this title, I found it to be well written and very interesting. The mystery of it, pulled me in and I was invested in finding out what was the truth of the story. The characters were interesting
Becca
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a rough one. It’s really good though. Raith has always been the high maintenance one. But they all still love him. Enough so, that Phil married him. And on their one year anniversary, it went to shit.

Someone was painting forgeries. And with Raith having the tetra eye thing, he was suspect because of the details of the paintings. The problem is, with who had the paintings and who they got sold too, are some very not nice guys and now Raith has been kidnapped to try to find out why he for
Meg
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
This third book in the series follows along the same trope as the second book, Polyamory On Trial. By that, I mean that when things go wrong, former CID officer Mike Angells takes on his role of cop persona, and the others back him up.

However, this one is a lot closer to home. The actual authorities are involved from day one, so the men must be a little more circumspect about how they handle the information they gather; i.e., they have to be sure that their inside sources can't get into trouble.
Angie
Aug 09, 2020 rated it liked it
I didn't realize this was a series when I read it, but I don't think you need to read the others to get what is going on.

Mike, Ross, Phil and Raith live together in a polyamorous relationship. Mike and Ross are married as are Phil and Raith. Mike brings the two couples together. They share a home and a life together that works for them.

When Raith is accused of forging a painting things get messy. Some very bad characters want to do him harm. Nick is the investigator trying to figure out what i
Aaron Bloom
ARC The guys are fighting crime again but this time one of them is the suspect. That side of the story is well worked out with some neat twists and focuses on Raith having tetrachromatic vision. (All explained) Part way through, the focus changes. The senior investigating officer is asexual and we begin to see the quad's behaviour through his eyes. It's interesting and informative.
As always, there are some funny touches to counteract the drama, Raith usually being at the centre of both.
I missed
Fran Clarke
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: polyamory
I enjoyed everything about this book. The art fraud storyline is neatly worked and as Raith is an artist it's a natural development and not forced. The new character, Nick, is sympathetic. I didn't feel sorry for him but I felt his predicament.The quad are great and they're all given space. I love Raith's funny exchanges with Mike and his resentment at doing the household chores. It doesn't bother me that actual sex takes a back seat to talking about sex. The conversations and especially asexual ...more
Natalie panda eyes
Mar 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Received from Netgalley. 3.5 stars. I liked the consistency of the covers and the same matter of fact writing style, as well as the growth of the characters. These poor guys can’t seem to keep out of trouble. I liked Raith and Phil’s strengthened bond. I liked Nick but did feel sorry for him getting involved with the quad. I’m not sure about Mike anymore, his path seems to keep getting darker, his world revolving around the guys and screw everyone else. I’m almost expecting a batman cape and a m ...more
Mahi
May 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Thanks to NetGalley I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review.
Disclaimer I havent read the first two books in the series but except two or three parts ( and characters' background ) I didn't have any problems following the story.
The story was a really entertaining. The romance was not for me. ( It has the polyamory tag. )
I honestly like Phil.
THE ACE PART WAS SO WELL WRITTEN ( SPEAKING AS AN ASEXUAL PERSON). THANK YOU THANK YOU.
But there was not enough Ace in the picture. (wink wi
Beth Younge
This is definitely a case of needing to read the first book to read this one. The set up was good but it made no sense after the first third. The characters seemed good but their pre-existing relationships made little sense.

I received this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Sean Fox
I thought the idea of this book was a great idea. There isn't enough representation in the world of literature and this adds a little to it. It wasn't a perfect book, but it had some good ideas and was a pretty enjoyable read.
Bran Zesti
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a intriguing book, mystery, crime fighting... will not going to get into it all. But I will say I enjoy this book greatly. Twist, turns... it was so good. I really really enjoy this book!
Savannah
This book was great in terms of poly rep and okay with ace rep, but the description blurb is a bit misleading as to what the focus of the book is. I really did enjoy it though and I would recommend it for anyone who wants more representation in their reading. It was really great to read about people like me, even if it was a little different than what I expected.
Charlotte
Apr 02, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq
The short blurb bit: A polyamorous quad gets involved in a crime and the detective who is heading up the investigation is asexual. Raith, Mike, Ross, and Phil live together in the north of England. They’ve carved out a world for themselves in which they can be free to love and care about each other. Their life together is unique and has a few challenges but they make it work. When artist Raith is accused of forging a painting … things get very complicated very quickly.

The descriptive bit: If you
Anabel
Apr 15, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I voluntarily read and reviewed and advanced copy of this book, received through NetGalley in exchange for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

First of all, it should be noted that this is the third instalment of a series. This is something I did not know when I started reading the book, so I was pretty lost at some points in the story. Definitely, I recommend reading the first instalments before this one. Without that prior knowledge, the relationship between the characters c
Colin Hardy
This is the third in the County Durham Quad series. This can be read as a standalone story as context and historical information are revealed at relevant points throughout. Having said that, it takes a while to get used to the individuals and their personalities. The characterisation is interesting but leans very heavily on roles and relationships. It is difficult to gain affinity with any individual as all is reflected back to the polyamorous relationship. Much is made of this throughout as if ...more
E146
Apr 11, 2019
Lamar
Aug 05, 2020
Morwen
rated it did not like it
Jun 07, 2019

• I Wish You All the Best
  • Yay! You're Gay! Now What?: A Gay Boy's Guide to Life
  • Voyages in the Underworld of Orpheus Black
  • The Stone Rainbow
  • Puppet/Master (The Vale Chronicles, #1)
  • All the Better Part of Me
  • Lord of the Butterflies
  • Mated
  • A Fluid State
  • Complementary Colors
  • I’m a Gay Wizard (Gay Wizard, #1)
  • Mainly by Moonlight (Bedknobs and Broomsticks, #1)
  • Apple Boy (The Quiet Work #1)
  • Extra Dirty (The Speakeasy, #2)
  • A Flicker of Hope (Druid's Curse #2)
  • The End of Darkness (Druid's Curse #1)
  • A Menacing Tempest (Druid's Curse #3)
  • Beyond the Surface
Hi there!
I haven't reviewed many books, but as I appreciate reviews myself, I'm going to start reviewing some of the books I've read. Oldish books particularly.
I've written six novels featuring the crime-prone, all male County Durham quad and I admit that I still don't know what the characters look like. Hence the silhouettes on the covers. The infinity heart logo is on all the covers too. It sign

County Durham Quad (5 books)
  • Badge of Loyalty (County Durham Quad, #1)
  • Polyamory on Trial (County Durham Quad, #2)
  • Body Parts and Mind Games (County Durham Quad, #4)
  • A Share in a Secret (County Durham Quad #5)