Start by marking “Arbitrage” as Want to Read:
Arbitrage

Arbitrage

Ryan Logan thinks he has it all… A young attorney specialising in finance and tax law, Logan has earned an impressive reputation and commands a hefty fee for his services. But when he advises his corporate employers against a merger with a shady financial institution, he soon finds himself caught up in a web of betrayal and deceit. Framed for the murder of his wealthy boss ...more
ebook, First , 264 pages
Published April 5th 2019 by Skittish Endeavours

To ask other readers questions about Arbitrage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Arbitrage

Start your review of Arbitrage
Yvonne
This is not the sort of book I read often, but it is a genre I would like to read more about. A different style of thriller that has a lot of different types of twists, turns, scams, cons, double-crossing, deception and subterfuge. It is a fast paced financial thriller that I got caught up in very quickly.

Now, I am going to say right from the off that I am no financial expert, I have no idea about stocks, shares and the markets in which they are traded. Given that this story is based around thes
Tasha Mahoney
I really enjoyed this intelligent thriller that kept me glued to my Kindle and reading long into the night.The character development was excellent. The writing was gritty, well paced, suspense filled and intense. The plot was exciting and I couldn't wait to see what happened next. I really flew through Arbritage and was satisfied that I was blindsided more than once.
Lel Budge
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
While this is a complex and intriguing read with many characters all linked in some way and lots of financial and banking jargon it’s still easy to follow.

Ryan Logan is a hard drinking, partying, quite arrogant lawyer who is imprisoned after the death of his boss….but as he has secrets of his own, he accepts a plea deal..

The story recommences after his release and what follows is a tale full of financial shenanigans, with share dealing, money laundering, the Russian mob and even Interpol…..who i
Jessica Belmont
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have not read a lot of financial crime novels…in fact, this might even be my first in this genre. What a book to jump in with! Arbitrage is a unique, fast-paced thriller with a plot I was very intrigued with.

Ryan Logan is a perfect main character. He’s real, authentic and he is everything I’d expect a young, successful attorney to be. He reacts realistically to the situations he’s involved in. Collette Kebell crafted a very intriguing male protagonist.

I had a tough time putting this one down.
Jan Miller
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Arbitage by Colette Kebell pulled me in immediately. I love revenge stories that have suspense and romance in them. The ties to the mafia were an added plus for me. So many twists, cons, and motives. Having worked in the finance industry, the crimes portrayed came across very realistic. Corrie James was wonderful brining the characters to life with her performance. She added the right emotions to her voice. I really enjoyed this listen! Double crosses and deception at its best.
Bethany Gordon
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fast paced read with lots of twists and turns. A mix of thriller, mystery and murder that kept you wanting to listen to more. Although it had some financial jargon in it, it was explained well as part of the story. With a whole range of characters, I particularly like Ryan and Amelia. The plot kept you engaged and moved along at a great pace. A good narrator which helped this to be a great audio book to listen to.
Karen
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A story of revenge with many twists.

Ryan Logan a man who lives his life for his job until his job is taken from him in a matter of a weekend. He is a man who does his job within the parameters of the law. He’s a lawyer specializing in finance and tax law who made partner within a short time.

Marcus Splinter is a man who works with a group of con artists that are looking for their final con so that they can all retire to their dream lives. They think they have the perfect pawn and are all set for
Maureen
Mar 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Have just finished listening to Colette Kebell's Arbitrage. It was an excellent book. I would class it as a financial thriller. Hope that's correct. Very well written and so well thought out and researched. A fair bit happening during the story but well rounded off. Thank you Colette. I was lucky enough to receive this in a giveaway. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Claire Sheldon
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Though Logan didn’t come across very well at the beginning of the novel (intentionally?), I really felt sorry for him after failing in love, being an expecting father to have it all so cruelly ripped away.
I also really like Amelia, my kind of girl she came across smart, independent and though she was about to inherit a bank she wasn’t about to be taken for a ride.
Though I work in insurance, when I read the blurb to this book, I was keen to learn more about financial crime and how they were goin
Caroline Venables
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely excellent read that reminded me of Hustle. Fast paced and well written.

This book follows several different characters and their relationship with Mortcombe bank. A bank that was set up to help launder money for the Russian mafia. The owner Bruno Mortcombe is incapacitated so power falls to his daughter Amelia or his son in law Robert. Throw in a group of grifters and the scene is set for a long con, but who is conning who?
Donna Maguire

I really enjoyed this story and thought that the author has created some excellent characters and they worked brilliantly with the plot.

The pace for the story was excellent and I flew through the book and read it in just a few hours. I thought that whole thing was really addictive and I loved the author’s writing style.

Four stars from me for this one, I enjoyed the plot and thought it was really well written – highly recommended!
Carol
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a compelling read with plenty of twists & turns to keep you turning the pages. A detailed plot with plenty of characters to keep track of it’s easy to be come absorbed in this financial thriller. A very enjoyable read. ...more
Mindy Hartwell
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story is full of unexpected action! Crooks being scammed by conmen is only the start! Revenge, romance and financial crime come together to create a fast paced masterpiece. Well narrated with a very smooth flow, altogether well worth the time to listen!
Niamh bonner
Jun 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
I found this book a bit confusing. There was a lot going on and a lot of carachters. It was probably my fault that I didnt love it because it is a fast paced story and there was danger and intrigue throughout which I generally do enjoy.
My main problem was that I found the reader difficult to listen to because her voice didnt really suit the storyline. She sounded a bit too genteel to be talking about things like orgasms. It was like hearing my nanna say it.
Mary-Anne Finlay
May 31, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was definitely an action packed book that kept you guessing and glued to your seat.

There was only one part of the book that I saw right through, but it didn’t take away the enjoyment of this read!

As always, I’m not a fan of blasphemy, and this book had some.

Thank you to both the author and narrator for your hard work.
yaf
Feb 01, 2020 rated it did not like it
Sadly plot is thin and weak
Lizzie Chantree
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lots of romance, action and great writing!
Wamuyu Kago
Lindsay Harris
is currently reading it
Dec 17, 2019

• The Missing Letters of Mrs Bright
  • Crow's Cottage (Where the Dead Walk #2)
  • The Suspects
  • The Man She Married
  • Critical Decision
  • Hillary's Back! (DI Hillary Greene, #18)
  • The Doctor
  • The Year of No Rules
  • Montbel (Jacques Forêt #3)
  • Heart of Stone
  • The Secret
  • The Silence
  • Justice Gone
  • The Worthless Painting
  • Hell Bay (DI Ben Kitto, #1)
  • An Untamed State
  • The Last Letter from Juliet
  • Akin
Colette Kebell is an eclectic author, though a relatively new one and thus far has self-published her books. Her books are light-hearted, fun and quirky and even considered by some to be inspirational. She publishes mostly for the English speaking market and the Italian one. Colette Kebell does not stick to just one genre when writing though, as you shall discover from her latest book to be launch ...more

News & Interviews

Rumaan Alam began writing Leave the World Behind with a series of tweets on a secret Twitter account he started two years ago.   The book that...