Start by marking “The Invasion: A Gateway to the Galaxy Series” as Want to Read:
The Invasion: A Gateway to the Galaxy Series

The Invasion: A Gateway to the Galaxy Series

Fight for your freedom. Fight for your planet. Fight for your life.

What should have been a relaxing hunting trip for Sergeant AJ Cole, his kid brother Remmy and two Marines from his unit turns into an all-out brawl with enemies from another planet.

An invasion is being planned in the secluded woods of West Virginia. Ravagers from a distant world have set up a gateway al
Published February 7th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Invasion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Invasion

Start your review of The Invasion: A Gateway to the Galaxy Series
Meenaz Lodhi
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am totally snagged! There’s a cutting-edge current to every page that’s hard to resist, so get ready to engage your heart and your mind. The characterization delves just enough into emotionality to give the characters realism without moving the focus away from fights, intrigue, and action. I’m definitely going to read the whole series!
Belinda
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Remmy, his brother AJ and AJs 2 marine friends Jones and Rambo decide to go away for a weekend hunting trip. As they begin their trip they are captured by aliens and taken through a gateway to another planet. The aliens have realised Remmy’s high intelligence and his ability to see the coding of the gateway and have come to realise that Remmy is special and he is the prophet they have been searching for. Remmy has the ability to read and change the coding for the gateway and therefore the abilit ...more
Terri
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this and even though I'm not USUALLY a sci-fi reader, I do enjoy reading a good scifi book on occasion. This one reminds me a lot of the premise of the movie Stargate and television series Stargate SG-1, both of which I LOVED. Sixteen year old Remmy is on a long hunting trip with his Marine brother AJ and his brother's company members, Rambo and Jones. He is kidnapped by aliens out scouting from the sphere that has the capability of transporting travelers between worlds just ...more
Leslie Baptiste
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good book but the writing of the guns sound effects takes you out of the story.

I enjoyed this book very much, I would’ve given it a five star rating but The blat Sound affects of the gunshots takes me out of the story, it makes me think like a nine-year-old has written this book. Also I am not too keen on 16-year-old kids in science fiction books. But some may like this book anyway. I did enjoy the grown-up characters especially in the Marines and hope to read more about them. I am waiting for t
Joe McGowan
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
A mix of different SF concepts

Starts of ok, quickly become a mix of stargate, dragon riders of Pern, ST next generation, and jurassic Park followed by questionable Tactical decisions and a unbelievable escape, you have this novel.
Dennis Keefe
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
An example of imagination beyond my wildest dreams

I was nervous starting this book since I’m not one for series books, but after reading The Invasion I cannot wait to read the next book. the authors are so creative with the technologies and alien worlds they came up with. Now I want to find a real gateway to other planets. Or maybe I can create one with my mind just by reading this series.
Chung Low
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Adventuring In Snow

Kid brudder Remmy izz takin the trail ‘less traveled ‘ by acceded to a gifted hunting twrip in WV with brudder AJ Cole and marine buds. Bows Only. After Remmy is kidnapped by aliens their digital request fer hardware izz moot because Time izzint on their side. Theyz were virgins to portal travel Butz ‘Into Da Breech’ theyz go to recover Remmy while da trail izz HOT!
Sammie Harley Ann Moore
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you are a Syfy fan, love mythological creatures, know who the Borg are, and enjoy reading stories about the marines, then you will love this book. It kept me enthralled with bated breath till the end. Our main characters are brothers with 8 year difference that have the best bro bond, and Remy is too smart for anyone's own good. ...more
john s moore
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A good read

A good read, I did find the first few pages confusing until I realized what the authors where up to and then I just enjoyed more and more. If you have not read anything of these two then give it a go, I did and so glad I did and looking forward to reading more. Again a good read enjoy
Melissa Jane
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very entertaining and action-packed. The aliens gun sounds were annoying and at times the story seemed geared towards the YA readers. A little bit of high schoolish emotion crush from our "special" MC, the little brother, the awesome big brother and his Marine squad mates, each with unique and non normal characteristics. I will definitely read the next book from this author. ...more
Kelleigh
Nov 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So cool!

This was a blast! Just the right amount of action and humor to keep you engaged in the story. You gotta love Rambo, Jones and Remmy just as much as AJ.

Can't wait for the next installment so off I go. Pick up the whole series and join the Pack. You won't regret it! You have been warned 😁
Marianne
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Remmy, his Marine brother AJ and his two Marine friends Jones and Rambo find out if this world adveture

Remmy gets dragged along for hunting in the snow of West "by God" Virginia. Where they get captured by aliens setting up a area to take over earth. They get caught and the adventure begins.

Read and enjoy!!
Scott
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Exciting Adventure

Loved how Yanez/Baker ran with this idea , creating a lot of interest between adults and teen scifi adventure. This should appeal to adults and YA alike while still being fresh with some good pop culture references added in.
Carrie Blair
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What do you get when you combine a genius teenager, marines, dragons, and an upcoming spare war? A great series! This book was so great I read it 2 hours. It’s great to see that someone has set this great book in the best state of WV. Don’t let this one pass you by.
Ian Denner
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Excellent

There were moments in this story where I almost got a little bored. I can't explain why, it just happened. But then the action picked up again and I was hooked all over. Overall I rate this book a solid 4, and will definitely buy the next one.
Jordan
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Great Read!!

The authors did a great job capturing the audiences attention! I cant wait to see where they take us next!!
Bob
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was ok
It was ok. The ending kinda fell apart but most of it was ok.
Andrea Sliger
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a great book. It was a little out of my usual reading comfort zone, but it was well worth the read. This book had great characters and a story you can dive into. I liked it.
Betty
Jul 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
They are coming

While on a hunting trip a group of marines and one little brother are surprised by a group of aliens. They are prisoners. What next?
DAVID
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

I have totally enjoyed this book could not put it down. Looking forward to book 2 of this series......... Then I need to look at the mercenary 1 lol
Thomas Tilque
Jul 27, 2020
meisa clough
Jul 31, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Last Reaper (Last Reaper #1)
  • The Hidden Ship
  • Darkest Hour (Liberation War, #1)
  • Kestrel Class (Kestrel Class, #1)
  • Assault (Liberation War #2)
  • Renegade Union (Renegade Star, #9)
  • The Messenger (The Messenger #1)
  • Rise of Mankind: The Complete Series
  • The Valkyrie Returns (The Kurtherian Endgame #7)
  • Fear the Reaper (Last Reaper #2)
  • The Last Stand (Blood on the Stars #14)
  • Guardian Ship
  • Fatal Fringe (Ether War, #1)
  • The Spreading Fire (Aeon 14: Solar War 1, #2)
  • Star Kill (Stars End, #2)
  • Witch of the Federation (Federal Histories, #1)
  • Conception (The Alliance #2)
  • Trapped (Fleet Ops, #1)
More animal than man, he bleeds caffeine and... Ah, I'm just kidding. It sounded cool though right?

I'm Jonathan, a former personal trainer turned full-time author and part-time model.

I could go on and on about how many books I've written and awards I've won but I'd rather use this time for you to get to know the real me.

I write because that's what I was born to do and I love doing it. Because of a