Start by marking “Hell Hath No Fury: A Montague & Strong Detective Novel (Montague & Strong Case Files Book 8)” as Want to Read:

Hell Hath No Fury: A Montague & Strong Detective Novel

(Montague & Strong Case Files #8)

Hell hath no fury…like an angry god of the underworld.

Persephone is missing. When Hades uses every resource at his disposal and fails to locate his wife, he takes drastic measures. He hires the Montague & Strong Detective Agency to locate her, bring her back to him, and most importantly, find out who dared to kidnap his wife.

Now Monty & Strong must uncover a
Published February 3rd 2019 by Bitten Peaches Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Hell Hath No Fury, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hell Hath No Fury

Start your review of Hell Hath No Fury: A Montague & Strong Detective Novel (Montague & Strong Case Files Book 8)
Cassandra Hall
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Off the charts action and suspense. So much tension with a brilliant ending I won't give away. And a perfect teaser for the next book. I can hardly wait.
Ebonii Hodgers
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this installment in the Montague & Strong series. A lot of potential and new story arcs. Looking forward to seeing where Mr. Sanchez is going with all of this. Great job.
M
Fast-paced, powerful but darker story focussed on Monty, Simon and Peaches

This M&S storyline takes off at breakneck speed and races along with a few less-frenetic moments in the Randy Rump or at Haven. There are several, lighter intervals when Peaches demands and negotiates numbers of sausages, because “Meat Is Life.”

Simon, Monty and Peaches must rescue Hades’ kidnapped wife, and then stop a Primordial Deity and his powerful demigod-like beings. As usual, Simon and Monty are blamed for the
David
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: urban-fantasy, e-book
Orlando A. Sanchez is fairly churning these e-books out and, In my opinion at least, it's beginning to show.

Book #8 in the 'Montague and Strong detective' series, in which Hades (yes, that Hades) wife Persephone has been kidnapped. Tristan Montague and Simon Strong (and Peaches the hellhound, of course!) are hired to investigate that disappearance, leading to the usual mayhem and large-scale destruction of public property.
Carrie O'Leary
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the eighth full length story in Montague and Strong Detective Agency series. These stories just keep getting more and more exciting to read and I found this one hard to put down. In this episode Persephone has gone missing and Hades engages the help of our intrepid team to discover what has happened to her, at which point, in the usual modus operandi of our protagonists, everything starts to explode. As I’ve said with the previous books in this series, although the main elements of the ...more
Larry Tushman
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolute chaos (lowercase) descends upon Monty and Strong as they take a case from Hades himself. Not trusting the shrouded machinations of this or any god, they face this upheaval with their usual destructive aplomb. But the noose tightens around the infamous threesome as other powers-that-be have grown weary of their increasing reputation, power, and landmark body count. Constricting towards a no-win situation, the combination leads to a supremely titanic battle that shakes the foundations of ...more
Donna Hatridge
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When Hades' wife is kidnapped Monty & Simon are hired to help find her, but they had no idea just what doors they would be opening. Things always have a way of getting explosive when Simon and Monty are involved, to find out which buildings are left standing and what Gods may not be you'll have to take a chance and step into Simon, Monty, and Peaches world! This is an engaging story that keeps you on your toes waiting to see who will show up next and just how our mage, immortal and hellhound ...more
Barbara
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Things are getting hot and heavy for Monty and Strong. Hades wants their help, the Dark Counsel wants to strip Monty of his powers as they think he is going "dark" and Peaches can't get any sausages. Things are blowing up all around them and somehow Strong gets the blame for that every time. Monty is using dark magic more in order to save their lives and the humans in the city and Strong, Chi and Roxanne are worried about him. Death and destruction await them as they try to help Hades get ...more
Rose
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Back for another round...

I really enjoy this series, it is currently one of my favourites. Having said that, this book felt short. Almost rushed. I also feel like they fall out of one scrape into another without any down time and the character development is left to the novellas. I will still read the series because it is still a great ride but I hope the next book ties up at least one thread or moves one relationship or bond forward. Take any one of the novella's and mix it with this book and
Dana Audette
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The best Monty and Strong book yet. I loved it!

Hell Hath No Fury is by far my favorite in the series so far. It is full of tense fighting, heroic actions, and magic and mayhem. Monty and Simon find themselves, once again, racing to save New York and its inhabitants. Monty continues to grow in his magic, and Simon and Peaches tests the boundaries of their bond and Simon's immortality. This book made me equal parts amused and anxious. I loved this book and couldn't put it down until I had devoured
LeAnne Benson
AMAZING!!

This book was absolutely amazing and a great addition to the series. Simon is just as snarky as ever and Monty has understatement down to a science. The action was fast-paced and kept me turning the pages to see what was going to happen next. It was hard for me to put this down, even when I had to stop for work. I am looking forward to the next book in the series. Well done Mr. Sanchez, well done.
Liz  Christensen
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Explosive and exciting!

Simon and Monty get themselves into another situation that requires their special skills and talents. That means the bad guys get schooled and the city gets yet another 'magical makeover.' While doing so, they manage to get on the wrong side of their women, repeatedly. Now they have more than one hole to dig themselves out of. Maybe Peaches is as good at digging as he is as snarfing sausages? Meat is Life!
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Simon, Monty, and Peaches are back in action and better than ever. This time they actually have a case to solve! Chances are that it's not a paying gig, but still... When Persephone, yes, that Persephone, goes missing, Simon and Monty are on the case. As per usual, historic landmarks are destroyed. Not their fault. Secrets are revealed. Again, just doing their jobs. Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy ride!
Keoki Ki`Ili
Crazy is as Crazy does

Oh yeah! Everyone is levelling up in this one, Monty, Peaches & Strong. Love the interaction and adding Hades to the mix was just too fun. It's great how the author weaves different mythologies together with magic & the mundane. I know were being fed a little at a time, but I can hardly wait for the next one.
Shawnie Nicole
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book... I was super impressed with this book even though I KNOW that Orlando writes some amazing books. This book just did IT, for me. It’s possible that Hades is the reason I loved this book or it could have been because of Peaches and Frank (who doesn’t even make an appearance) lol

I have another comment but I feel like it would be a spoiler so imma just end this here.
Richard Carreiro
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Always a Great Adventure

Whats a great series. Montague and Strong keep saving the city and sometimes the world, but never get credit and never catch a break. The Black Counsel are after them this time and they have to defy them to save the city once again. Love the Character development, to include Peaches. Keep them coming.
Angela Jacobs
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing as always

I fell in love with Orlando’s characters and books, and have yet to be disappointed. As we delve further in to changes that made and are still making these characters personalities, I fall more and more in love with them. Thank you Mr. Sanchez for another amazing chapter in the lives of Montague and Strong.
Lisa Cripe
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great installment of Monty & Strong

Great urban fantasy action adventure. Monty and Strong are best friends who are private investigators in the supernatural world. I enjoy the fast paced troubles, building destroying predicaments they get into and of course Peaches' never-ending quest for meat.
Trae
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another Fine Mess

Once again Tristan and Simon find themselves in the midst of an impossible situation. Somehow, they need to save themselves (oh and Hades, Persephone, NY) from a being that eats Gods for breakfast. We get to meet Cerebus, and learn more about Simon and Peach's bond.
It was a fun read, with a lot of snark, sarcasm and humor.
Robin Siota Breeding
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hades wields a sun?

This was a great addition to the Montague & Strong series. It was fun getting to know Hades better, I just wish this book had pictures to allow us to see Peaches’ dad, Cerberus. I’m glad the book finally allows the team to get some rest before traipsing off on the next adventure. Looking forward to the next book in the series.
Sandramckinney
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To Peaches

I adored meeting your father he is awesome and I know you are going to be even more so when you grow up I am sorry I can't get you any meat tho I understand this will help you get toys as for the guys I think you both are almost as awesome as Peaches as always this book was among the best books I've read can't wait till next one
Craig Zimick
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Never go Dark on your Girlfriend

Anger Burns off of Roxanne with a heat that can be felt in her Stare. Monty and Strong are off to the races to save the world again... just don’t let Roxanne know what you are doing...

Loved this installment of the continuing Saga of Monty and Strong and Peaches(Meat is Life)

Mrs S J Rivers
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved the humour of the Characters. Great again.

I love the Characters in this book. Orlando has you rooting for them from the start. Really enjoyed finding out more about Hades and Cerebus. Can't wait for the next.
Troy
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Each book is better than the last! Each book expands the story, more characters, more villains, and Monty and Simon and Peaches continue to develop, grow and become more endearing to the reader. Love these books!!!
MLC
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was orlandgasmic? Sorry Orlando that is not going to stick. Monty is becoming increasingly powerful, in a scary way and willing to use it. When Hades summons them because his wife has been kidnapped Simon feels obligated to respond. They will face some serious bad and hopefully live through it.
Wendy Schindler
Absolutely Brilliant!

Simon, Monty, and Peaches are fantastic, as always! Peaches is getting, and implementing, negotiation/manipulating tips from one in the Brew and Chew crew and it's hilarious!
The 'snark fu' is spot on!
Read the book!
Meat Is Life!
Cat
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cracker

Dogs..death....destruction ....never a dull moment when the M&S detective agency are on the scene , immortal gods ...mad mages & the cutest hellhound you will ever meet , even the goat survived ....great read
Heather Clark
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great adventure

You have to love these two and their adventures. This one has to be one of them that is giving us more clues as to what all of the stories are leading us up to. I just can't wait to see where we go next!!
David St. Lawrence
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of his better ones!

Non-stop action, a touch of dry humor, a hell-hound partner, and a cast of characters to die for! This book has everything and I could not put it down. I had to read it all at one go. I can't wait to read the next one.
KDinSC
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun!

If you like magic, immortals, vampires, gods, hellhounds, and mass destruction badassery delivered with master level smart-assery, then this series is for you! Go forth and read!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Dragon's Plight (Badlands Paranormal Police Department #2)
  • Dragon's Torment (Badlands Paranormal Police Department #1)
  • Penang Pixie (Southeast Asia Paranormal Police Department #3)
  • Druid's Due (Colin McCool, #8)
  • Savage Claws (New York Paranormal Police Department #2)
  • Rabid Curse (Shadow Paranormal Police Department #2)
  • Salty Dog (The Phantom Queen Diaries, #7)
  • Ascension (Nate Temple Chronicles #13)
  • Venom Scourge (Shadow Paranormal Police Department #1)
  • Knightmare (The Temple Chronicles, #12)
  • Black Sheep (Feathers and Fire, #6)
  • Godless (Feathers and Fire, #7)
  • Blood Claws (New York Paranormal Police Department #1)
  • Rivalry of Runes (Seattle Paranormal Police Department #2)
  • Druid Apprentice: A New Adult Urban Fantasy Novel (The Colin McCool Paranormal Suspense Series Book 9)
  • Tooth and Nail (Lost Falls #3)
  • Seoul Demon (Southeast Asia Paranormal Police Department #2)
  • Netherworld Rift (Netherworld Paranormal Police Department #5)
Orlando Sanchez has been writing ever since his teens when he was immersed in creating scenarios for playing Dungeon and Dragons with his friends every weekend. An avid reader, his influences are too numerous to list here. Some of the most prominent are: J.R.R. Tolkien, Jim Butcher, Kat Richardson, Terry Brooks, Piers Anthony, Lee Child, George Lucas, Andrew Vachss, and Barry Eisler to name a few ...more

Montague & Strong Case Files (10 books)
  • Tombyards & Butterflies (Montague & Strong Case Files #1)
  • Full Moon Howl (Montague & Strong Case Files #2)
  • Blood is Thicker (Montague & Strong Case Files #3)
  • Silver Clouds Dirty Sky (Montague & Strong Case Files #4)
  • Homecoming (Montague & Strong Case Files #5)
  • Dragons & Demigods (Montague & Strong Case Files #6)
  • Bullets & Blades (Montague & Strong Case Files #7)
  • A Proper Hellhound: A Montague & Strong Detective Story
  • Reaping Wind: A Montague & Strong Detective Novel (Montague & Strong Case Files Book 9)