Start by marking “A Bell in the Garden (A Spicetown Mystery-Book 2)” as Want to Read:
A Bell in the Garden (A Spicetown Mystery-Book 2)

A Bell in the Garden

(Spicetown Mysteries #2)

When the owner of a new business digs up buried bones on opening day, the rumor mill in Spicetown comes alive!

Mayor Cora Mae Bingham and Police Chief Conrad Harris are faced with the Chamber of Commerce President on a rampage, the sweet biscotti-baking neighbor living a lie, the notorious town floozy being misunderstood and everyone in town speculating about who is missin
Published March 5th 2019

To ask other readers questions about A Bell in the Garden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Bell in the Garden

Start your review of A Bell in the Garden (A Spicetown Mystery-Book 2)
Jerri Cachero
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A new favorite cozy mystery for my shelf!

A Bell in the Garden has everything I enjoy in a cozy - wonderfully developed characters, humor, friends and family that have their own interesting storylines and a mystery that keeps you guessing!

When human remains are discovered on a nursery/landscaping site, Cora Mae and Conrad are presented with two classic questions - who is buried there and why? The path to the answer will keep you hooked!

The two main characters, Cora Mae (Mayor of Spicetown) and C
Arlene
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I haven't read a mystery story in a while. This is one is pretty good. Simple plot, lots of characters but easily understood. ...more
Catrina
Sep 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This cozy mystery kept me guessing as the Grand Opening of the Nursery was plagued by the uncovering of a long forgotten mystery. Getting to the bottom of this one required digging for answers from 18 years ago!

Sheri Richey has done a great job of putting together a fun cast of interesting characters. The perfect group to handle a small town mystery.

Nicole KandeLind’s performance kept me entertained throughout.

I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and I have voluntarily lef
Kathy
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Book two and I'm hooked I can't wait till the next if you love a great cozy with characters you will love and a story that keeps you turning the page then this series Sheri Richey is a must read
Mary Schmidt
May 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Bell in the Garden is a perfect title

Talk about mystery and suspense! This book has it! If that is your favorite flavor on book genre, then by all means read this book. I did figure out who the bones came from right before I read it, but how it all came out in the end was not expected.
Christine Goodnough
A very well written, compelling story about mayor Cora Mae and Police chief Conrad (Connie, she calls him.) These two seemed to spend an amazing amount of time together in this story, dealing with the perplexing mystery of "whose bones." I read on eagerly, suspecting this person or that person, but the ending plot twists were totally unexpected.

The two main characters seemed to go back and forth so long in their investigation, learning so little, but I think this is a reality of police work. And
Karen
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent Book!

I couldn't put the book down once I started reading it. The story draws you in and makes you feel you are a part of the story
betty copley
Oct 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So entertaining

So many twists and turns, laced with new businesses, stories, and, of course, a little romance. The ending was great, read it to see how it turns out.
Sheila Mayfield
Sep 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very nice

Really enjoying these books they have been wonderful with not profanity or sex or gory detail. Welcome change for a world on edge right now!!!
Christy
Aug 10, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
A great series so far without any profanity and squeaky clean! Our two leads are Cora Mae and Conrad who are both older main characters and the town and the mysteries that follow.
Sharon Draffin
Nov 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
2nd Spicetown book I’ve read

I really enjoyed this book. It caught my interest immediately. I found it cute that street names were spices and so was the hotel. Cora and Connie make quite a team. I’m looking forward to reading more in the series.
Penny Perse
May 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Bell Garden

Great book and fun to read. Some characters are just fun to listen to. Conrad and his cohort are great.
Lizabeth Tarr
Jan 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

This was one twist after another! Very well written and definitely a good mystery, where you couldn't begin to guess who the bad guy was.
Sharon
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another hit.

Goodreads has the page count wrong. It goes to 303.
Stephanie Parker
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Entertaining and Cozy

Entertaining. Drags a bit, but enjoyable, and a good relationship between the mayor and police chief of Spicetown, which adds humor and a generous glob of humor.

It troubled me a bit that the medical examiner's initial finding on the body didn't seem to match the final cause of death, but I may have misremembered the blunt force trauma and evidence of an injury that didn't match the victim.

Regardless of fact or my misunderstanding, the story was engaging and I'm glad I read i
Connie Mahoney
Feb 24, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Death This Time

One of the things I like best about Spicetown and the people is that the mystery does not involve murder. This mystery does involve a death this time, but a least it wasn’t current and not a deliberate murder. Hang tight Sheri Richey…don’t need a monthly murder in town to create a mystery.
Dallass
Apr 11, 2022 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Two, and done.

Well, I gave this series another chance, but I didn’t enjoy the second book much more than I liked the first. Don’t get me wrong, I thought Cora and Conrad were very interesting characters that had a real connection. However, I just wasn’t enthused about much else. It’s not poorly written, yet it just doesn’t appeal to me.

2.5 stars ⭐️
RICHARD WILLIAM PETER HUTTON
Great small town mystery

I have read the first book
in this series and enjoyed it so bought this one as well such was also very good. I loved the small town atmosphere and likable characters. If you like a good mystery then you will enjoy A BELL in the Garden by Sheri Richey
Judith
Oct 25, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Frustrating ending.

My major complaint is that the story ends abruptly with no real resolution. I felt left hanging. I think the implicit should have been made explicit. OI want to know the aftermath and how everyone reacted and how they were affected. Maybe in the next book.
M M
Oct 13, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great characters.

I finished the first book in this series and purchased the second immediately. The characters are refreshingly normal people that you can care about. This story, though an interesting plot, was not as good as the first book. I will read more in this series.
Carol G. Nye
Nov 07, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Fun story

I like the plot Ms. Richey developed. It is simple but intriguing. I am looking forward to the next one.
Patricia Moran
As always this is just my opinion and only matters to me. The author threw in a lot of fluff to distract the reader. Things that should be addressed aren’t.
Teresina
Micki Francombe
Jan 03, 2020
Deb Sharp
Apr 16, 2022

• Tempest in a Tea Room (Tea Time Cozy Mysteries Book 1)
  • Twisted Twenty-Six (Stephanie Plum, #26)
  • Hot Tea and a Cold Case (Tea Time Cozy Mysteries Book 2)
  • Murder Between the Lines (Rooftop Garden Cozy Mysteries, #1)
  • Cakes and Pains (Raised and Glazed Cozy Mysteries Book 4)
  • Poison in the Pudding (The Inn at Holiday Bay #17)
  • Teas, Keys, and Mysteries (Tea Time Cozy Mysteries Book 3)
  • Treat and Run (Raised and Glazed Cozy Mysteries Book 5)
  • A Flock and a Fluke (Clucks and Clues Cozy Mysteries #2)
  • Murder Sets the Stage (Rooftop Garden Cozy Mysteries, #2)
  • A Filling Account (Raised and Glazed Cozy Mysteries Book 2)
  • Poisonous Paws: The Secret Library Cozy Mysteries
  • Murder Spoils the Sweets (Rooftop Garden Cozy Mysteries Book 10)
  • Murder Rings a Bell (Rooftop Garden Cozy Mysteries Book 4)
  • Catastrophe in the Library (The Secret Library Cozy Mysteries #3)
  • Berry Murderous (Tea Shop Cozy Mystery, #2)
  • Sweet Suite Revenge (Raised and Glazed Cozy Mysteries Book 6)
  • Rough and Crumble (Raised and Glazed Cozy Mysteries Book 3)

Spicetown Mysteries (9 books)
  • Welcome to Spicetown (Spicetown Mysteries, #1)
  • Spilling the Spice (A Spicetown Mystery, #3)
  • Blue Collar Bluff (A Spicetown Mystery, #4)
  • A Tough Nut to Crack (A Spicetown Mystery, #5)
  • Chicory is Trickery (Spicetown Mystery, #6)
  • The No Dill Zone (A Spicetown Mystery, #7)
  • Cons & Quinces (A Spicetown Mystery, #8)
  • Silent Night Dynamite (Spicetown Mysteries, #9)