Start by marking “A Bell in the Garden (A Spicetown Mystery-Book 2)” as Want to Read:
A Bell in the Garden (A Spicetown Mystery-Book 2)

A Bell in the Garden

(Spicetown Mysteries #2)

When the owner of a new business digs up buried bones on opening day, the rumor mill in Spicetown comes alive!

Mayor Cora Mae Bingham and Police Chief Conrad Harris are faced with the Chamber of Commerce President on a rampage, the sweet biscotti-baking neighbor living a lie, the notorious town floozy being misunderstood and everyone in town speculating about who is missin
Published March 5th 2019

To ask other readers questions about A Bell in the Garden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Bell in the Garden

Start your review of A Bell in the Garden (A Spicetown Mystery-Book 2)
Jerri Cachero
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A new favorite cozy mystery for my shelf!

A Bell in the Garden has everything I enjoy in a cozy - wonderfully developed characters, humor, friends and family that have their own interesting storylines and a mystery that keeps you guessing!

When human remains are discovered on a nursery/landscaping site, Cora Mae and Conrad are presented with two classic questions - who is buried there and why? The path to the answer will keep you hooked!

The two main characters, Cora Mae (Mayor of Spicetown) and C
Catrina
Sep 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This cozy mystery kept me guessing as the Grand Opening of the Nursery was plagued by the uncovering of a long forgotten mystery. Getting to the bottom of this one required digging for answers from 18 years ago!

Sheri Richey has done a great job of putting together a fun cast of interesting characters. The perfect group to handle a small town mystery.

Nicole KandeLind’s performance kept me entertained throughout.

I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and I have voluntarily lef
Kathy
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Book two and I'm hooked I can't wait till the next if you love a great cozy with characters you will love and a story that keeps you turning the page then this series Sheri Richey is a must read
Arlene
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I haven't read a mystery story in a while. This is one is pretty good. Simple plot, lots of characters but easily understood. ...more
Christine Goodnough
A very well written, compelling story about mayor Cora Mae and Police chief Conrad (Connie, she calls him.) These two seemed to spend an amazing amount of time together in this story, dealing with the perplexing mystery of "whose bones." I read on eagerly, suspecting this person or that person, but the ending plot twists were totally unexpected.

The two main characters seemed to go back and forth so long in their investigation, learning so little, but I think this is a reality of police work. And
Karen
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent Book!

I couldn't put the book down once I started reading it. The story draws you in and makes you feel you are a part of the story
Sheila Mayfield
Sep 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very nice

Really enjoying these books they have been wonderful with not profanity or sex or gory detail. Welcome change for a world on edge right now!!!
Stephanie Parker
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Entertaining and Cozy

Entertaining. Drags a bit, but enjoyable, and a good relationship between the mayor and police chief of Spicetown, which adds humor and a generous glob of humor.

It troubled me a bit that the medical examiner's initial finding on the body didn't seem to match the final cause of death, but I may have misremembered the blunt force trauma and evidence of an injury that didn't match the victim.

Regardless of fact or my misunderstanding, the story was engaging and I'm glad I read i
Sharon Draffin
Nov 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
2nd Spicetown book I’ve read

I really enjoyed this book. It caught my interest immediately. I found it cute that street names were spices and so was the hotel. Cora and Connie make quite a team. I’m looking forward to reading more in the series.
Lizabeth Tarr
Jan 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

This was one twist after another! Very well written and definitely a good mystery, where you couldn't begin to guess who the bad guy was.
Reader
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another hit.

Goodreads has the page count wrong. It goes to 303.
Teresina
Apr 26, 2019
Maria Fritz
Jan 22, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Kicked the Bucket (Chelsea Lawson #3)
  • Christmas Crisis (Garden Girls - The Golden Years Book 2)
  • Farmer in the Dead (A Chelsea Lawson Cozy Mystery #2)
  • Twisted Twenty-Six (Stephanie Plum, #26)
  • Halloween Moon (Cottage on Gooseberry Bay)
  • Handbook for Homicide (Booktown Mystery #14)
  • Boxes in the Basement (The Inn at Holiday Bay, #1)
  • Portrait of a Dead Guy (A Cherry Tucker Mystery, #1)
  • Caffeinated Calamity (A Two Broomsticks Gas & Grill Witch Cozy Mystery, #2)
  • Mooved to Murder (Chelsea Lawson #1)
  • Gooseberry Christmas (Cottage on Gooseberry Bay)
  • All She Wrote (A Mail Carrier Cozy Mystery #3)
  • Murder Between the Lines (Rooftop Garden Cozy Mysteries, #1)
  • Pineapple Hurricane: A Pineapple Port Mystery: Book Eleven (Pineapple Port Mysteries 11)
  • Letters in the Library (The Inn at Holiday Bay, #2)
  • Dyeing Season (Dewberry Farm Mysteries, #5)
  • Ghost in the Gallery (The Inn at Holiday Bay, #11)
  • A Berry Horrible Holiday (Kylie Berry Mysteries #7)

Spicetown Mysteries (7 books)
  • Welcome to Spicetown (Spicetown Mysteries, #1)
  • Spilling the Spice (A Spicetown Mystery Book 3)
  • Blue Collar Bluff (A Spicetown Mystery Book 4)
  • A Tough Nut to Crack (A Spicetown Mystery Book 5)
  • Chicory is Trickery (Spicetown Mystery, #6)
  • The No Dill Zone (A Spicetown Mystery, #7)

News & Interviews