Start by marking “Rebel Saint” as Want to Read:
Rebel Saint

Rebel Saint

From USA Today Bestselling Author Adriane Leigh, an Edgy romance with a jaw-dropping twist...

He rescued her from rock bottom, desperate people squeezed together by the desperate cracks of life, but their relationship was never innocent. The thinly-veiled attraction combustible, magnetism so explosive it rattles the very foundations of their belief.

But can their love sto
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 267 pages
Published March 18th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Rebel Saint, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rebel Saint

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

THANKS FOR MY ARC! YES FATHER LET US SIN!

Stand-alone.
Release: March 18, 2019
Pre-order: http://getbook.at/RebelSaint
Blurb:
She found herself on the steps of St. Michael’s seeking shelter, what she didn’t expect was temptation so sharp and sweet concealed beneath one snow-white collar.
He rescued her from rock bottom, desperate people squeezed together by the desperate cracks of life, but their relationship was never innocent. The thinly veiled attraction combustible, magnetism so explosive it rat
CC
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it

Presiding at St. Michael’s church, Father Bastien Castaneda is dedicated to his parishioners and has a loyal following. Handsome and full of heart, Bastien accepts those in need, and when Tressa Torrado arrives at the church, he finds more than he could have imagined.

“I can assure you, little dove, I’m nothing if not untraditional.”

Working side by side, Bastien and Tressa share a close rapport and a deep forbidden attraction. Though Bastien isn’t your typical priest, there are layers that def
warhawke
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:
(3.75 stars)

Desperation forced Tressa Torrado to the steps of St. Michael‘s church. Lost both physically and spiritually, she found refuge under Father Bastien Castaneda’s compassion. But as she integrated herself into a new life, forbidden attractions could possibly derail both of their futures.

Forbidden romance has always been one of my favorite tropes. Put in a priest in the mix, it became irresistible for me.

“Ho
Adriane Leigh
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
**NEW COVER + BLURB!**
getBook.at/RebelSaint
From Top 20 Amazon Bestseller Adriane Leigh, an edgy romance with a jaw-dropping twist...

With her heart in ruins, Tressa Torrado found herself lost and searching in all the wrong places for something more. When the bottom finally falls out of rock bottom and she's given an eviction notice for her one-bedroom walk-up, she lands at the first place that'll have her, which is also the last place she'd expect to find herself.

Bastien Castaneda picked up all
Susan (susayq ~)
YES! Oh my. I can not put into words how much I loved this. I gobbled every word written and didn't put it down until I finished. Bastien and Tressa stole my heart, demolished it, and put it back together with their love.
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

Rebel Saint is about as forbidden as you are probably thinking right now - no need to sugarcoat this fact. And YES I saw THAT 80's series you are probably thinking about when reading the plot. I saw it when it first aired... (yeah I am old enough #insert_eyeroll) and it took me a moment to shake the image of that actor that I never liked and my mother loved. In fact, I hated that series and it was probably one of the reasons I started craving HEA.
#sigh

When I first saw this gorgeous cover I was
Anne OK
Having really conflicted feelings on this story. Although different enough, I definitely felt vibes from the long ago Thorn Birds classic. My basic complaint is that I just didn't feel the connection (other than lust) between Father Bastien and his "little dove" (and I despise that little term of endearment). At least Father Ralph used Meggie's name!

The writing was solid -- the plot a long and winding road -- and I loved Luce in the role as best friend. And I did appreciate the intrigue and even
Beneath The Covers Blog
Full review can be found HERE --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*ARC provided for a voluntary honest review.* ~Sonal
Kahea
***4 ‘I Know I Cannot Live Without My Soul’ Stars***

I saw the title and that the was going to be a taboo romance and I made grabby hands instantly, because we all know how much I love me some taboo, and I really enjoyed this book. The inner turmoil that Tressa and Bastian were dealing with because of the attraction was my kind of crack and the connection they had outside of the physical kept me turning the pages until the very end.

I loved Tressa and Bastian. Both are very good people who have
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Rebel Saint by Adriane Leigh is the story of Bastien Casteneda and Tressa Torrado.
Tressa has been hurt and let down by life, now at her lowest point in life. Tressa goes to St. Michael's Catholic Church where she has gotten comfort but when she goes there to find a new Priest, Father Bastien. Bastien gives her sanctuary but it doesn't take long before their growing feelings become more than they can ignore but can there be something between then in this taboo relationship?
Enjoyed their story.
Auden Dar
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Six exceptional stars!

Such a exceptionally written forbidden romance that needs to be savored. Prose is absolutely stunning and reminiscent of some of my favorite literary fiction writers. Bastien and Tressa's story is an unforgettable one that will grace my favorites shelf.
Layla Sian Rathbone
This is the first religious themed romance book that I’ve read so I went into it a little blind and anxious, not knowing what to expect. I was absolutely blown away by the depth and emotion throughout this book.

Bastien and Tressa’s love story is one of longing, heartbreak and loneliness. Through the devout commitment to his faith, Bastien knows he will never be able to give Tressa the life she so very much deserves, but he finds it harder and harder to let her go. Tressa is at war with herself,
Nikki  Malan
Tressa finds herself homeless and in a bind. St Michaels has always been there for her and she finds herself there once again, but this time she is welcomed by Father Bastien. He is a holy man, a man that serves God and his people. Father Bastien can’t help the temptation that is in the form of Tressa. The chemistry is intense, how long can they fight it before they give into to temptation? How long can they hide their secret and how long before the guilt will be more than they can handle? What ...more
Naughty Mom Story Time

What a beautiful story between Tessa and Bastien. Though it’s a “forbidden” love story it never once felt that way. The purity of their hearts and the connection they shared was no where near taboo. Even when they struggled with that connection and their feelings due to Bastien’s position in the church and their deep rooted faith...I could still sense the honesty in their love. It may not have been allowed, but is surely was real in the eyes of God.

Their story was breathtaking and unl
Vicki
This was my first book by this author and I’m very impressed by the quality of the writing and editing. I wanted to read this book because I love priest love stories and loved The Thorn Birds mini-series as a child. That kind of forbidden, angsty love is always my favorite. In Rebel Saint, there are some really great concepts and I loved that the author clearly knows or researched Catholicism and told the religious aspects so intelligently.
As for the romance of it - it was clear it was forbidde
Novel Grounds
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

GUYS! I don't even have words. None. Zero. Adriane killed me with angst and put me back together one piece at a time with this book.

This is one of those taboo reads that you can't help but fall completely in love with before you even start it. This novel was also one of those that because of recent events in the news, hits so much closer to home than expected.

I can also honestly say that when the twist hit at the climax of the book it legitimately knocked the breath from me. I re read the few p
Carolina León
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nothing, and I mean NOTHING could have prepared me to face this incredible story.

It’s almost impossible not to be addicted to this author's writing. A delicate prose that will wrap your heart around her words in such a way that you will forget all the books that came before.
Your book world will never be the same after meeting the enigmatic Bastien and his precious dove; Tressa. But I can assure you that you will never forget them. These characters will always have a special place in your heart.
A
Erika PBookHavenBookBlog
What an emotional roller coaster! Regardless of the taboo-ish relationship, and my inability to get sucked in for a little because I'm just burnt out I think, this one was written so beautifully I couldn't help but to fall in love with the characters and their fight to be together. Their struggles were ones I felt deep in my bones and at no point was I completely sure of what would happen. The twists blew my mind, and the fact that we'll be getting more was a pleasant surprise. Once it started m ...more
She's a Lip Biter
Multiple Reviews Below

3Stars
Let's start by saying this book is extremely well written and the story was good. But I really couldn't relate to characters at all. I don't know if my brain wouldn't as it was a little too religious for me. I know what your thinking, I signed up and chose to read this but I wasn't expecting what I got. Although perhaps I did.

This is a taboo story at its best but it just wasn't for me. As I was reading it reminded me of my teens and the love that I had for a TV drama
April Symes
Bastien and Tressa's forbidden, fierce and taboo love story is extremely well written and beautifully maintained from start to finish. The main characters have this taboo and forbidden romance that is a slow burn but when it gets going, whoa- look out, cuz it's a steamy read !! The priest and a member of his church...oh yes, it is a very good story with all the angst, drama, twists, passion, heat and romance. Trus
Zilpha Owens
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
My Sweet Dove

I was a little nervous starting this. With all the negativity towards the Catholic Church and rightfully so in some cases, I did want this to be a story bashing it to squeeze out a romance. I was able to quickly squash those nerves.

This is definitely a love story and one on many levels. People come in and out of our lives for a reason. We learn and grow from those reasons and experiences. Bastion and Tressa are meant to be and going along with them on their journey is eye-opening.
Patricia Maia (The Bookery Review)
I quite enjoyed this forbidden love story, although there were times I was left confused because it wasn't clear if what was happening were mere thoughts or was happening indeed.
That didn't deter me from reading it and enjoy it.

I loved the characters and how they evolved.
Bastien, the priest, is undoubtedly a man of God. His vocation is ingrained in himself, making him the man he is. Tressa is a very smart and selfless woman, with a past haunting her daily but she's determined to get her life ah
Ri
Apr 10, 2019 rated it liked it

The beginning of this story was beautiful. Great job setting the scene and background to the story. I was thoroughly invested until they went separate ways and then came back together and the I was lost. So many unanswered questions.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Catholic touches and the leading characters were exceptional especially Bastien. I'm frustrated as I really was wanting more after such a stellar start.
BleuBelle
DNF Chapter 1. So not my writing style.
A.R. Myles
6 Sinfully addictive stars!

This book, the story, was unlike any other I've read. It was addicting, captivating, forbidden, and oh. So. Good! So good that when I finished it, I was disappointed because I wanted more, I wanted to stay in this story and keep reading—that's how you know you have a winner!

It was my first religious themed romance story and I have to say, it was wonderful. The writing was beautiful, the characters were spot on and pulled you into their story. When they hurt, you hurt,
Dora
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.

Wow—this book is a total gem! Hot, dirty, and sinfully good! This book was impossible to put down and feasibly one of the best books I’ve read. I wasn't expecting the turn this story just took; it has quite an unexpected surprise that is jaw-dropping good! Adraine Leigh you did it with this twisted taboo, steamy and suspenseful romance with deep and troubled characters. It has gruesome details; terrorists, bombings, mystery, intrigue, su
Books Laid Bare
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.25 Stars
Excuse me just one second whilst I pick my jaw back up off the floor! I know that the blurb didn’t hide the fact that this was a taboo romance but it certainly didn’t give any indication as to the fact that I was going to be totally dumbfounded by it!
The situation with Tressa and Bastian had me desperate, I was feverishly turning pages, desperate to find out just how it was all going to play out.
Tressa and Bastian were great characters, both completely different in so many ways but th
Rebecca Austin
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-author
Tressa Torrado came to St. Michael's when she had nothing and she was given a job and a place to live. Now she must also deal with her mounting attraction to Father Bastien Castaneda.

Father Bastien Castaneda has given his oath to God but he has been having a hard time keeping that with Tressa around. He knows he can't succumb to her no matter how much he wants to.

With the attraction between them growing can they deny how they feel and if they give in how much will they lose?

This was a great rea
Sally
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, contemporary
Adriane Leigh has a way with her words when she tells a story. She has a great yet different style that's all her own. This time around she definitely went a new direction and entwined a story about religion and faith and love. Can you have all three when you believe that you can't?

Please keep in mind that this is a taboo romance with religious themes. As the author has said, it has a Thornbirds like feel to it when you are reading this book.

The story is divided into two parts. The first part i
Habiba Hasabo
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
*ARC PROVIDED IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW*

I have a thing for Adriane Leigh’s books. Her words always hit me and she has a different style. It plays between depth and narration. She makes me want to focus while reading. The way she infused religion, God, faith and love all together was beautiful and different.

However, there was something holding me back from the five stars, something felt lacking and I could not connect 100% with the characters.

“Did he realize that, with a single glance,
« previous 1 3 next »
Join Adriane’s mailing list for exclusive material and free e-books ➜ https://bit.ly/2WraRWb
Facebook➜ https://bit.ly/2MAoygS
Reading group ➜ https://bit.ly/2LaHJNe
Website ➜ www.adrianeleigh.com
Instagram➜ https://www.instagram.com/adriane.lei...

Adriane Leigh is a USA Today and Amazon Top 20 best-selling author of more than forty-five independent contemporary and new adult romance titles. She was bor