Start by marking “The Lost Tide Warriors (Storm Keeper, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Lost Tide Warriors (Storm Keeper, #2)

The Lost Tide Warriors

(Storm Keeper #2)

In the brilliant sequel to The Storm Keeper's Island, winner of the Books are My Bag Readers Award, Fionn Boyle finds himself at the heart of the fight for the island's survival.

Fionn Boyle has been Storm Keeper of Arranmore for less than six months when thousands of terrifying Soulstalkers arrive on the island. The empty-eyed followers of the dreaded sorceress, Morrigan h
Published July 11th 2019 by Bloomsbury Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about The Lost Tide Warriors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lost Tide Warriors

Start your review of The Lost Tide Warriors (Storm Keeper, #2)
Prabhjot Kaur
Fionn Boyle, Arranmore island's storm keeper is back. It has been six months since Fionn rescued his sister, Tara from the sea cove and became the next storm keeper. All the islanders, descendants and non-descendants alike are expecting Fionn to save the day when it comes to it but Fionn magical he may be, isn't able to access his magic. Even Tara has been learning to wield the candle magic and getting good at it and she throws that in Fionn's face every chance she gets it.

Fionn has become good
Connor
Jan 19, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: middle-grade
I'm thoroughly enjoying this series so far! Holy smokes. The first book made me teary, and so did this one. Doyle can really just yank on my heartstrings every single time, it seems.

I liked the progression of the overall story and that there are many more people involved now than were really involved in the first installment. Fionn has grown some but not an unbelievable amount. He has a fair amount of internal growth, realizing that some problems are bigger than he can handle. I really enjoyed
Jewel
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-a-to-g
"The Lost Tide Warriors" was an enchanting and heartbreaking sequel that made me even more emotional than "The Storm Keeper's Island".

Although there were times that I found Fionn frustrating, I would say that the character development and family dynamics were written better in this installment. Tara and Fionn's mom Evie was a wonderful addition to this series. She's stronger than I gave her credit for and I wish that we have more cool moms like her, especially in middle grade/young adult fictio
Grace Machon
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lauren James
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A love letter to Irish folklore, filled with a deeply entrenched magical history that stretches beyond the pages of the book. The characters are so vividly real that I feel like I've known them forever. ...more
Sanne
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Because gratitude for what we have been gifted is the antidote to the grief we feel when we must give it back.”
Olivia Mann
Apr 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: going-to-read
i really liked it. it was the sequel to the storm keepers island. Fionn Boyle has been the storm keeper of Arranmore for less that half a year when thousands of terrifing soulstalkers arrive on the island.its up to Fionn to save the island from what its about to face but Fionn has to discover how to use his own magic before he can save the island.
Sinéad O'Hart
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm very grateful to Bloomsbury for granting me early access to this book. Deeply moving in parts, with fast-paced action throughout, lots of genuine chills, the same wondrous sense of place and magic as its predecessor, and some hilarious bits, The Lost Tide Warriors is a skilfully written and engaging story. I'm very much looking forward to Book 3! ...more
Megan
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a continuation of the first book and wow was it amazing but also heartbreaking.

Fionn's adventures with his friends, family and fellow islanders continue in this sequel and the stakes are even higher as Fionn tries to figure out why his magic doesn't want to cooperate, how to keep his loved ones safe and wondering if he's really cut out to be a Storm Keeper.

This book was full of the beauty of Ireland interlaced with myths, the power of friendship, believing in yourself, family love, a tou
Jade
Jan 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
As good as the first, had me in tears!
Annarella
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: edelweiss, fantasy
A fabulous read with a great cast of characters, a gripping and entertaining plot and an amazing world building.
Strongly recommended.
Many thanks to the publisher and Edelweiss for this ARC, all opinions are mine
Aoife
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely fantastic sequel that builds on all the strengths of the first and adding its own. The emotional heart of the story is between grandfather and grandson and it made me cry in the best way - twice. Brilliant action, a realistic and well paced escalation that brings the series to another level!
Insert Name Here
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
The second in the series sees Fionn, along with friends and enemies old and new, battling against Soulseekers determined to revive Morrigan.

First of all, this isn't the book to start with. Although things are explained reasonably well as you go along, you'll still likely be confused for quite a portion of it.

However, if you've read the first one, this is a fantastic follow up, expanding the mythology and keeping the same wonderful tone. I cried - quite a bit - and read as fast as I can. I still
Angel McGregor
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Honestly, not quite as good as book number one, in my opinion, but still a riveting read; one that I could not put down. A compelling storyline and all of our favourite characters. I can't wait to see what the next book will bring! ...more
Manon
Apr 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I devoured this in a couple of hours. Loved it!
Aoife Murphy
Apr 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this a lot. The pain of growing up and loss is palpable.
Milly Potter
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
loved it!
Suzanne Maley
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Has the same feeling as Susan Cooper’s The Dark is Rising books. Can’t wait for book 3.
Hannah Jarman
A brilliant follow-up to the Storm Keeper's Island. A pacey, exciting read; I can't wait for the third book! ...more
Kate
Aug 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Huge thanks to Bloomsbury and NetGalley for this awesome read.

Our favorite characters are back and here to save the Arranmore Island. Here we see Fionn battles with the responsibility of becoming the new Storm Keeper and his responsibility to the island. His grandfather is losing his memory which is Fionn's only source of guidance. Now he must summon ancient powers to save Arranmore from destruction.

This was such a fun book. I fell in love with the characters in the first book and fell even de
Jean Kirby
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is book 2 in the Storm Keeper series and I have been looking forward to it. This is a fantasy book about magic on an island. It was a very exciting read, which I couldn't put down (I read it in 2 nights).
Catherine Doyle has a great way of writing and the conversations and rivalry between the children are very convincing and realistic.

Now I can't wait for book 3 !

I recommend this to all readers of fantasy.
Ann-Marie Jackson
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As good as the first book the storm keepers island. Now to patiently wait for the third installment.
Frederic
May 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-ya
This is a great follow-up to The Storm Keeper's Island – and it is a follow-up, you really need to read that first, there's no refresher to bring a new reader up to speed. For me, Doyle has an incredible gift with writing, the characters and locations come to life like those of few other writers. As with the first book, the magic here is different from any I've encountered elsewhere, and very interesting how the new talisman here plays out. There clearly will be another book in this series, whic ...more
Ophelia
Aug 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Hmm not as good as the first one. Somehow I didn’t enjoy it as much. I think it’s because the characters didn’t get to catch a break and reflect the things that are happening. Also it was quite dark.
I’m a bit disappointed.
Anita McDivitt Barrios
Dec 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: middle-grade, fantasy
We read the first book, Storm Keeper's Island, and loved it. This is a great continuation of Fionn's adventures as the Arranmore Island Stormkeeper.

His grandpa, the former Stormkeeper, is fading fast. Boatloads of the evil Morrigan's zombie-like followers, called Soulstalkers, start arriving on the ferries and piling up, preparing for Morrigan's rise.

And Fionn's Stormkeeper powers remain...elusive. Ok, they're not manifesting, at all. No matter what he does to spark them.

The pressure to do somet
Véronique
Henna
Jul 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Lost Tide Warriors is a superb middle grade fantasy; gorgeous language, an island seeped in ancient myths and sorcerers, and fascinating characters. As with the first one, the story is full of adventure, unique magic and ancient battle that is getting dangerously close. Now Fionn is trying to learn about his magic and the responsibilities of the Storm Keeper while Morrigan is stirring more every day.

Arranmore is such a magical setting, a rural island which feels like it is at the edge of the
Pam
Well done sequel. The fight against the evil sorceress's minions escalates and the book culminates with a battle between her and Fionn. Fionn also has some hard lessons to learn as he has to work with other people including his sister and Barclay. They must form a group to defeat evil and save the island.
Doyle has created a fantasy world that works. Her characters are relatable and the good vs. evil battle makes sense. There is a death at the end and the characters have to deal with their grief.
Angie
Feb 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in a trilogy (first book is called The Storm Keepers Island). We really enjoyed the first book so I was looking forward to reading the second to my daughter. This is the story of Fionn Boyle who has been chosen to follow in his grandfather's footsteps as the Storm Keeper of Arranmore Island. In this book Fionn struggles with his new found magic as a huge threat hangs over the island. Can he and the islanders work together to defeat the dark forces threatening their island ...more
Emma Ferrier
Jan 14, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook
Listened to the audiobook:

I listened to both this and the first book on audio and I'm so torn on how I feel. Did I enjoy them? Did I not? I don't know if I would prefer these physically or if audio was best for me. Maybe it's just not the kind of story I'm interested in. Overall, I only picked up this one as it was in an audible sale and I don't plan to continue on at this point.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Darkwhispers
  • The Highland Falcon Thief (Adventures on Trains, #1)
  • WildSpark
  • Orphans of the Tide (Orphans of the Tide #1)
  • The Girl Who Speaks Bear
  • The Valley of Lost Secrets
  • Evernight
  • Kidnap on the California Comet (Adventures on Trains #2)
  • The Longest Night of Charlie Noon
  • Gargantis (The Legends of Eerie-on-Sea, #2)
  • The Land of Roar
  • Willow Moss & the Lost Day (Starfell, #1)
  • The Good Thieves
  • Crater Lake
  • The Wild Way Home
  • Rumblestar (The Unmapped Chronicles, #1)
  • The Midnight Guardians
Catherine Doyle grew up in the West of Ireland. She holds a first-class BA in Psychology and a first-class MA in Publishing. She is the author of the Young Adult Blood for Blood trilogy (Vendetta, Inferno and Mafiosa), which is often described as Romeo and Juliet meets the Godfather. It was inspired by her love of modern cinema. Her debut Middle Grade novel, The Storm Keeper's Island (Bloomsbury, ...more

Storm Keeper (3 books)
  • The Storm Keeper's Island (Storm Keeper, #1)
  • The Storm Keepers' Battle (Storm Keeper, #3)