Start by marking “The Lost Tide Warriors (Storm Keeper, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Lost Tide Warriors (Storm Keeper, #2)

The Lost Tide Warriors

(Storm Keeper #2)

In the brilliant sequel to The Storm Keeper's Island, winner of the Books are My Bag Readers Award, Fionn Boyle finds himself at the heart of the fight for the island's survival.

Fionn Boyle has been Storm Keeper of Arranmore for less than six months when thousands of terrifying Soulstalkers arrive on the island. The empty-eyed followers of the dreaded sorceress, Morrigan
Published July 11th 2019 by Bloomsbury Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about The Lost Tide Warriors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lost Tide Warriors

Start your review of The Lost Tide Warriors (Storm Keeper, #2)
Sophie Anderson
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A masterfully written, truly legendary adventure. THE LOST TIDE WARRIORS feels like a journey across the darkest, wildest and most beautiful seas.
Jewel
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-a-to-g
"The Lost Tide Warriors" was an enchanting and heartbreaking sequel that made me even more emotional than "The Storm Keeper's Island".

Although there were times that I found Fionn frustrating, I would say that the character development and family dynamics were written better in this installment. Tara and Fionn's mom Evie was a wonderful addition to this series. She's stronger than I gave her credit for and I wish that we have more cool moms like her, especially in middle grade/young adult
Grace Machon
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lauren James
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A love letter to Irish folklore, filled with a deeply entrenched magical history that stretches beyond the pages of the book. The characters are so vividly real that I feel like I've known them forever.
Sanne
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Because gratitude for what we have been gifted is the antidote to the grief we feel when we must give it back.”
Sinéad O'Hart
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm very grateful to Bloomsbury for granting me early access to this book. Deeply moving in parts, with fast-paced action throughout, lots of genuine chills, the same wondrous sense of place and magic as its predecessor, and some hilarious bits, The Lost Tide Warriors is a skilfully written and engaging story. I'm very much looking forward to Book 3!
Annarella
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, edelweiss
A fabulous read with a great cast of characters, a gripping and entertaining plot and an amazing world building.
Strongly recommended.
Many thanks to the publisher and Edelweiss for this ARC, all opinions are mine
Aoife
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely fantastic sequel that builds on all the strengths of the first and adding its own. The emotional heart of the story is between grandfather and grandson and it made me cry in the best way - twice. Brilliant action, a realistic and well paced escalation that brings the series to another level!
Insert Name Here
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
The second in the series sees Fionn, along with friends and enemies old and new, battling against Soulseekers determined to revive Morrigan.

First of all, this isn't the book to start with. Although things are explained reasonably well as you go along, you'll still likely be confused for quite a portion of it.

However, if you've read the first one, this is a fantastic follow up, expanding the mythology and keeping the same wonderful tone. I cried - quite a bit - and read as fast as I can. I still
Angel McGregor
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Honestly, not quite as good as book number one, in my opinion, but still a riveting read; one that I could not put down. A compelling storyline and all of our favourite characters. I can't wait to see what the next book will bring!
Milly Potter
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
loved it!
Jean Kirby
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is book 2 in the Storm Keeper series and I have been looking forward to it. This is a fantasy book about magic on an island. It was a very exciting read, which I couldn't put down (I read it in 2 nights).
Catherine Doyle has a great way of writing and the conversations and rivalry between the children are very convincing and realistic.

Now I can't wait for book 3 !

I recommend this to all readers of fantasy.
Ann-Marie Jackson
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As good as the first book the storm keepers island. Now to patiently wait for the third installment.
Blake Polden
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Full of light and darkness. It’s a masterclass in adventure and magic. What an absolute thrill. ...more
Sifa Poulton
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
This felt a lot pacier than the first book, because Fionn (and the reader) know about the fight between Morrigan and Dagda, so there's less uncovering of the island's secrets. Instead, the stakes rise as the battle for the Island begins.
Christina Reid
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series just keeps getting better - I love it so much!
Cara
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so much! It was really interesting and I can’t wait for the next book in The Storm Keeper’s Island series.
Alan Kilpatrick
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story

Great story - This sequel better than the first, which was also good. Thoroughly enjoyed it and looking forward to the next one.
Amy (Golden Books Girl)
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This sequel to last year`s the Storm Keeper`s Island picks up about six months from where that left off, and it continues the plot from that- it sees main character Fionn navigate becoming Storm Keeper of Arranmore, which becomes even more complicated when evil sorceress Morrigan`s Soulstalker army invade the island and he has to come up with a solution. Fionn is such a lovable character- he`s a real underdog since everyone doubts his capability and I wanted nothing more than for him to succeed ...more
Nichola Grimshaw
Tears rolling down my face for some of this gorgeous story - if you’re going to read it to children you MUST read it first - there are some difficult but beautifully dealt with themes of loss and grief.

A thrilling magical adventure. I adore the magic that Doyle has woven into the island. Just wonderful.
Samantha Smith
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful and inspiring

For anyone young or old, with a thirst for beautifully crafted stories derived from ancient legends and with the wild Atlantic way in their blood. A story to share together and capture the imagination. Thank you Catherine Doyle.
Matthew Ogborn
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Children’s books are for adults too and this series is a wonderful testament to that fact. After being enchanted by the first in the series last year, the next book has woven another magical spell thanks to lovely, lyrical writing, strong characters and some of the best action sequences I have ever read. Doyle’s pacing is excellent and you will do well not to shed a tear come the end of this.
Sabrina
Sep 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Fionn barely has time to rest as just a few months after the adventures of book 1, boatloads of Soulstalkers start arriving at Arranmore again. However, he is still unable to reach the magic he can feel stirring inside himself. Without this how can he keep his island and it's people safe?
Mark
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Middle grade upwards
Recommended to Mark by: Library Girl and Book Boy blog
By accident, I read this before book 2, and was enamoured enough to read book 1 straight after. Excellent story, well written and thoroughly captivating. I have to admit that I was in tears at the end, and it deals with emotional issues as well as any book out there in this age group, possibly better. No spoilers here, but I think folk will love the magic that is woven across time and space and lives. This, more than book 1, brings to the table a far greater feeling for the island and those on ...more
Suzanne Maughan
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Can't wait for the final installment!
Ophelia
Aug 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Hmm not as good as the first one. Somehow I didn’t enjoy it as much. I think it’s because the characters didn’t get to catch a break and reflect the things that are happening. Also it was quite dark.
I’m a bit disappointed.
Nia Talbot
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An excellent sequel to The Storm Keeper’s Island filled with adventure. Characters developed beautifully, lyrical language and a heartbreaking ending. A must read.
Nadja
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was AMAZING. There is ao much magic and it was a really fun read. I think that this book has a lot of potential and I just can't put into words how good it was.
Lisa Marie
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written!!! The ending was so emotional, I cried like a baby. Can't wait to find out what happens next. I've recommended the first book to so many children at my school and they have all come back to me and said they loved it. I will most definitely be recommending this too!!! Well done, Catherine Doyle. I don't normally review books on this site but I havent fallen in love with a children's series in such a long time, probably since the Harry Potter series and my all time favourite ...more
UWE Primary English Team
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: year-5, year-6, mg, dan
Dan: This is the follow up to the excellent 'The Storm Keeper's Island' and certainly doesn't disappoint. It's full of the same wild magic and rising darkness, and we continue to learn more about Fionn and his character development. The writing sparkles and fizzes with energy throughout and I'm very much looking forward to the final two installments of the quartet!

• The Girl Who Speaks Bear
  • Rumblestar
  • Malamander (Malamander, #1)
  • The Land of Roar
  • The Star Outside my Window
  • The Good Thieves
  • Frostheart (Frostheart #1)
  • Can You See Me?
  • The Middler
  • WildSpark
  • Tilly and the Lost Fairytales (Pages & Co., #2)
  • Nevertell
  • Where the River Runs Gold
  • The Somerset Tsunami
  • Check Mates
  • The Boy Who Flew
  • No Ballet Shoes in Syria
  • The Umbrella Mouse
Catherine Doyle grew up in the West of Ireland. She holds a first-class BA in Psychology and a first-class MA in Publishing. She is the author of the Young Adult Blood for Blood trilogy (Vendetta, Inferno and Mafiosa), which is often described as Romeo and Juliet meets the Godfather. It was inspired by her love of modern cinema. Her debut Middle Grade novel, The Storm Keeper's Island (Bloomsbury, ...more

Storm Keeper (2 books)
  • The Storm Keeper's Island (Storm Keeper, #1)
“Above the thunder clash of an angry sky, the Tide Summoner rang out.” 0 likes
“It was like his mother always said: Rose-coloured glasses disguise red flags – and Bartley was draped in them.” 0 likes