Start by marking “The Forgotten Commander (Lost Planet, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Forgotten Commander (Lost Planet, #1)

The Forgotten Commander

(Lost Planet #1)

Our planet, Mortuus, is lost and dying.
A desolate place where a few lone survivors dwell.
My men have lost hope. Our future is bleak.
Longevity is a luxury we cant afford.
The most we can hope for is survival.
Weve all but given up when an opportunity presents itself.

Five femalesa chance at a future.
Procuring these women went against everything Id been taught, but
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 258 pages
Published February 13th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Forgotten Commander, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Forgotten Commander

Start your review of The Forgotten Commander (Lost Planet, #1)
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****4.5 STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

You taught me strength when I thought I had none left. You taught me to care again when I wanted nothing more than to let myself burn up with this planet. For that, I owe you the world. I owe you whatever life you want for yourself

WOW! It has been a while since I have read a science fiction romance and all I can say was that THE FORGOTTEN COMMANDER was super steamy and so addicting! I couldnt get enough of this story and am dying to get my
Sophia Triad
K. Webster is writing Sci-Fi?!?! With breeding trope?!?!
Count me in.

The scifi stories with lots of breeding are some of my favourite bedtime stories and my midnight snack :)
I have to admit that it was a good effort. But I needed more. Not much details, not much world building, very abrupt start.
I will wait for the next book.
Deborah
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Im sorry to say I found this book disappointing. Theres very little world building and I didnt particularly like any of the characters.

Generally this is the point where I cut my losses and move on. But this book had some fabulous reviews so I stuck with it.

I struggled all the way through. Yes Breccan eventually tried to please his mate. Along with the rest of his guys but it was too little too late for me.

Aria was simply annoying and the story itself had more holes than Swiss cheese. But...

Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
K Webster and Nicole Blanchard delivered one heck of a mortarekking hot story!

Welcome to the world of morts and humans. Breccan and his men live a very isolated existence. They are no strangers to loss, having watched their people die painfully one by one. Their race is dying out and they've lost all hope. Until they come upon five life forms - humans - giving them the spark to try. It's breeding time!

Little alien Aria belongs to me. And I'm going to put my mortarekking seed inside of her.

I
Lorraine Lesar
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rekking Brilliant.

On the rare occasions when I read a m/f romance, it has to be rekking marvellous to hold my interest. This was rekking marvellous.
Purple was my preferred alien colouring, but now it has serious competition from Breccan - a sexy, albino, animalistic, vampiric lookalike giant with elf like ears 😁.
Due to a vicious plague like illness that swept through their planet like a tornado, only 10 men remain alive. Without females to re-populate their planet, they will all perish - alone
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
thumbnail_Teaser1

So I do love a bit of alien romance and this one for me delivered a really great start to this new series.
Such a highly imaginative endeavour this was: I adored the descriptive world building and overall alienness of the Morts they for me had almost a reptile feel to them with there forked tongues and paralysing venom.
I also really liked the unique vocabulary used throughout: it really added a nice touch to the whole story, made everything seem just a tad more exotic.
So this is the story of
Eve (Between The Bookends)
I'm not going to rate this one because honestly, I HATE sci-fi romances. However, I ADORE K Webster, so I figured if anyone could get me to like a sci-fi romance, it would be her. Alas, nope, I just couldn't get into it. I found it too weird. The whole "forced implantation" thing was creepy as f-ck, and SO not OK on ANY level. On top of that, the heroine was super annoying...c'est la vie!

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

Mei
Feb 25, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sf
Interesting, but lacking many things.

The world they're living on is hell: radiocative, nothing grows on it, predators everywhere... So, how the dying race can get hope only because they found 5 human females? So they, re happy because they can reproduce, but there're some very big problms with that! What will they do if they manage to multiply? Where would they live? What will they eat? It seems too far fetched for me...

Also the heroine... She wants to run away from the aliens. OK, it's
BAK
Feb 13, 2019 rated it did not like it
I hate to leave negative scale reviews, but I felt an honest review needed to be left for this book. Hopefully the constructive criticism helps the author in the future if she tries this genre again.
The better parts of the book:
I'm leaving 2 stars instead of one due to the fact the aliens in the book sounded semi attractive and the leading male in this installment has potential, but the real stand out guy in the book is Hadrian.
The areas that need improvement, lots of discrepancies:
- The
Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Despite my absolute, undying love for anything and everything Star Wars, I never thought Id read a science fiction romance featuring aliens. K. Webster and Nicole Blanchard somehow convinced me that maybe aliens in romance arent as strange as my mind thought, because this series, in all its unusual, non-conforming quirkiness, is actually quite addicting. I was left gobsmacked at my frenzied reading pace of this introduction to this intriguing series, The Lost Planet.

Ill keep you safe. This
Jill
2 Stars
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
The Forgotten Commander is book one in the Lost Planet series by K. Webster & Nicole Blanchard.

I struggled all the way through this novel. This review maybe hard for others to understand or read. I tried not to disrespect the authors's work, but I needed to say what this book felt like to me.

I found this book disappointing and all kinds of wrong. It's an alien breeding romance with very little romance at all. It's more along the lines of Stockholm Syndrome.

(view spoiler)
Tehya Green
Feb 21, 2019 rated it did not like it
Tyi
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mortania...
Madam Commander...

These were the terms of endearment, which Breccan spoke to Aria time and time again. After reading this alien story, I wanted my own mort. I wanted to be part of Aria's sub-faction. I'm going to be truthful. I wasn't quite true how this was going to play out. I've never read any type of alien story romance or otherwise.

I'm glad that I took a chance and went into the story with an open mind. I wanted to be fierce, independent, and loyal like Aria. I wanted to be in
Teema
Jun 02, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books, alien
Simsathon - Read a book that is first in a series
 Rosebud
Blasts of radiation and Rades, a terminal fatal disease that resulted from the radiation, has all but decimated the inhabitants of planet Mortuus. Only ten male Morts remain before their species becomes extinct.

A unbelievable rare miracle results in five cryotubes containing alien females coming to their planet. Initial tests are optimistic that these females are a match with the Morts bringing hope. Hope that they can breed the females.

Not all is as simple as thought when the first female is
Set
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
naw
Aria is an actress that wakes up from cryo sleep to find a race of alien humanoid men that appear more vampiric than alien or human and they are trying to breed her; talk about nightmares. After a day, perhaps a day and a half, or maybe even two days and she is already content and accepts her reality after her vampiric abductor almost fried to give her the pleasure of sunlight. This all sounds very fascinating but the truth is that she dominates him and he is not the dominate macho man in the
Joyce Mercês
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
description

It's not a secret that I have a thing for aliens. When I read the blurb I was hooked!

The Forgotten Commander is SO GOOD! It fulfilled all my hopes and dreams and I want more!

You have an alpha alien hero, a sassy heroine, an amazing crew of other hot aliens and FANGS.

Yes, the fangs are important! And so is the fact that those aliens are basically germophobes. DUDE, I'm a germophobe! So, yes, I felt like I belonged! LOL

I can't wait for more books in the series. I'm so excited, it's not even funny!
Coco.V
Sep 09, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (9/9/2019)! 🎁
Jillian
I loved this book. I have read it twice now. I am so excited that K Webster is writing an alien series. I can't wait to see what happens next. I am totally invested!
hooked_on_books
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First let me say I'M NOT A SCIENCE FICTION FAN, like AT ALL. However, this book was absolutely AMAZING like really amazing, and it was soooo funny.

image: description

Breccan is an alien that his world got infected and everyone died, only 10 of his kind including him survived. With no females to breed, their race will extinct. Until one day they stumbled upon a space ship that carries living creatures, and they took five of them. lucky for them all five were females, so the hope for recreating their race is
Kathleen R.
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow

I'm absolutely under shock. Of all the types of stories I could have come to expect from either author, this book as not it. I love how science fiction novels gives author's the opportunity to let their imaginations run wild and the forgotten commander was exactly that. It was captivating, imaginative, unforgettable and I simply cannot wait for the next instalment to find out what's to happen to these Morts and humans.
Nomims
Feb 17, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

It was actually interesting to discover a new but a bit similar world and i'm curious about what will happen in the next books. The "love" story itself was meh but the smut was good.
Casey ~BookObsessionConfessions~
4.25 Mortarekking Stars!

I dont do sci-fi romance. I dont do aliens. But this book? Yep, I can definitely do and I did it with a smile on my face and a skip in my step because I found The Forgotten Commander so damn interesting! The alien life, their culture, all the different names and slang terms they had for things we use every day, it was so creative and I loved it!

Ill admit, if K. Webster wouldnt have co-wrote this book, I more than likely wouldnt have read it, just because of the content
Kahea
4 Rekking Stars***

I dont read much SciFi, I have a couplefew on the list, but its a short one, but when K Webster announced this new series I was all in (#fangirl here). It didnt matter the genre (or sub genre in this case), I needed to get my hands on her words and a bonus was Id get to experience an author I have wanted to read, but havent had the time to and I thoroughly enjoyed. It was a quick, fun and smexy read that is filled with characters I want to know more about and a world I want
Lindsey
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While there really wasnt anything new in this book - heroine wakes up in alien world where population is dwindling rapidly and they need women as mates, make babies and save their race I really enjoyed this one. It kind of was like Dixons IPB in reverse with a hot radioactive planet instead of not Hoth but like the first in that series there is good world building, a likeable heroine and a swoon-y hero. Will definitely check out the next ones especially Dravens book (scarred brooding broken hero ...more
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I have read a bit of Sci-Fi- romance novels some are hit, some are misses but I have to say this was a hit. K and Nicole bring a different light to the sci-fi range and I liked it.

In this series (for now) we get one alien and one female (we usually get a reverse harem theme going on), we have a male Breccan Aloisius who is the commanding officer who has come to terms with never having a future. These men know that they will never see a woman and have children. When a ship full of women are
lauren
Feb 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Not sure how I feel

This was a hard read to review, although it has redeeming parts I couldn't get over how they took them to just breed, it was disturbing in a way that they were just cattle to these men. The beginning bothered me the most as she's having a miscarriage and blood is running down her leg, they just implanted her with a baby as she slept! And then all the while the commander wants her put back to sleep like nothing, then when he feels her against him he decides to keep her and
Sunseeker☀️
25% might pick it up later. Not my fave and let down. Think I expected something different from one of my fave authors.
 ♡♡~Cyborg-Scifi-Lover~♡♡

I can't wait for the second book!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Share Me
  • The Lost Planet Series: Boxed Set: Books 1-5
  • Daddy Me
  • Choke Me
  • Play Me
  • His To Claim (Alien Overlords, #1)
  • The VaDorok (The Mate Index, #1)
  • Wrath (The Elite Seven, #3)
  • Hurt Me
  • Beast (Warriors of Kaizon, #1)
  • Watch Me
  • Zar (Galaxy Gladiators #1)
  • A Mate for Oigr (The Mate Index #8)
  • Pride (The Elite Seven, #2)
  • Alien Conquest (Alien Invasion, #1)
  • Lust (The Elite Seven, #1)
  • Devi's Distraction (Icehome, #7)
  • Hannah's Hero (Icehome, #6)
K Webster is a USA Today Bestselling author. Her titles have claimed many bestseller tags in numerous categories, are translated in multiple languages, and have been adapted into audiobooks. She lives in "Tornado Alley" with her husband, two children, and her baby dog named Blue. When she's not writing, she's reading, drinking copious amounts of coffee, and researching aliens.

You can easily find

Lost Planet (6 books)
  • The Vanished Specialist (Lost Planet, #2)
  • The Mad Lieutenant (Lost Planet, #3)
  • The Uncertain Scientist (Lost Planet #4)
  • The Lonely Orphan (Lost Planet #5)
  • The Rogue Captain (Lost Planet #6)

News & Interviews