Start by marking “A Knight to Remember” as Want to Read:
A Knight to Remember

A Knight to Remember

Ser Genevieve, lady knight and heir to the Duchy of Teagan, has been chosen as part of the prince’s honor guard at his coming out ball - a high honor for a woman who’s only been a full fledged knight for a year. The ball is an opportunity for Genevieve to make a name for herself with a functional chainmail dress of her own design, and maybe a chance for her to properly get ...more
Published March 19th 2019 by Foxglove Fiction

To ask other readers questions about A Knight to Remember, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Knight to Remember

Start your review of A Knight to Remember
iam

This was super cute!
I loved the characters, the inclusive worldbuilding and the low drama. The plot line of Ser Genevieve wanting a battle-ready dress that she can wear as honor guard at the grand ball but also dance in with her long-time crush, told from the POVs of Genevieve, her crush Duke Avery, and the blacksmith and tailor collaborating on her dress was such a great idea!!

Cormac and Poppy, said blacksmith and tailor, were super cute. The two of them have been friends for years but
Amy
The second book I have read by this author, I also loved "Learning Curves"

This has so much great rep, which I loved!

This book follows 4 perspectives:

-Poppy: non-binary tailor, upbeat and headstrong.
-Cormac: shy old soul, blacksmith, crushing hard on Poppy.
-Avery: trans man, trustworthy and handsome duke
-Genevieve: kick-ass lady knight, secretly crushing on the duke.

At least 3 minor characters we encounter in this book use neopronouns. When characters introduce themselves, they always
Rike @ RikeRandom
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
This was really cute, with a bunch of likeable and interesting characters.
But didn't this ever get proof read? There are so many mistakes in it. There was at least one instance where names got mixed up and several where pronouns switched around. It also seems like the story was originally written in a third person perspective but later changed to first person - there are some sentences that are still in third person, and it gets worse towards the end of the book, where perspective changes within
tysephine
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was ok

Writing was good, but the plot was almost nonexistent. It almost had a werewolf plot, which made me get my hopes up, but then it just...fizzled out with no conclusion.

It needed some more thorough editing as well. Some of the pronouns got twisted around and even though the book is 1st person there are random lines in 3rd person.
Book Gannet
I wanted to like this a lot more than I did. It's not bad, but I did find it boring. Which is a real shame, because this has so many good things in it and could have been so good. Our four pov characters include a female knight, a trans man duke and a non-binary tailor. One of the romances is also between two older people, which is always nice to see.

However, it's written entirely in first person (apart from all the third person mistakes that get more frequent towards the end) and all the charac
♡
Mar 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
3 ⭐️

i didn’t love this as much as i was hoping to since the synopsis sounds like it was literally written For Me but i did really like cormac and poppy!

(view spoiler)
Cora
May 27, 2020 rated it liked it
I wish there was more to it. There was so much potential for more, especially where the werewolves were concerned. I kept waiting for Genevieve to show up so they could tackle it together and their affection for each other could grow, but it just kinda faded away and suddenly didn’t seem to matter anymore.

There were places where the pronouns appeared to be incorrect, but no big deal. On the whole, I liked it. I loved the characters, I just wish I got more.
Alice
Jan 14, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: indie, 2020-list, fantasy
This book seemed awesome, and it really is, but this is too fluffy for me. There was great rep in here, casual and it felt so good getting to know these characters. I do wish the cover hadn't been a whitewashed version of one of the MCs though. So many descriptions of them being brown skinned while they're white on the cover.
Lorene Kinslow
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review
Although I enjoyed the reading this story. I felt that there were 3 different stories going on. I also thought that there should be more to the knight story. Maybe take the other 2 stories and make them into their own story. I requested a free review copy of this book through StoryOrigin and am voluntarily leaving a review
Camilla
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars!
Abigail
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasty
This was fun!! I enjoyed the pairings and the setting very much.
Note: there were some editing slips, but it didn't bother me. I just wanted to have a good time and I did!
Brynne
K
Mar 19, 2019
Jenia
Mar 19, 2019

• Can't Escape Love (Reluctant Royals, #2.6)
  • Emergency Skin
  • Once Ghosted, Twice Shy (Reluctant Royals, #2.5)
  • A Lesson in Thorns (Thornchapel, #1)
  • Office Hours
  • Princess Princess Ever After
  • The A.I. Who Loved Me
  • Small Changes Over Long Periods of Time
  • The Black Flamingo
  • Nevertheless, She Persisted: Flash Fiction Project
  • The Empress of Salt and Fortune (The Singing Hills Cycle #1)
  • A Kiss for Midwinter (Brothers Sinister, #1.5)
  • Polar Heat
  • Royal Bastard (Instantly Royal #1)
  • Awk-Weird (Ice Knights, #2)
  • Juliet Takes a Breath
  • When She Purrs: A Risdaverse Tale
  • Rayzor's One (Alien Bounty Hunters #1)
**PLEASE NOTE: I DO NOT ACCEPT FRIEND REQUESTS ON THIS ACCOUNT. IF YOU WISH TO KEEP UP WITH MY REVIEWS, PLEASE FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER**

Ceillie Simkiss is an author from southern Virginia. She started writing fiction as an escape from her day job as a small town journalist, and has been at it ever since, with the support of her partner, her dog and her cats.

News & Interviews