Start by marking “The Girl Who Wasn't There (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Girl Who Wasn't There (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #4)

The Girl Who Wasn't There

(Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels #4)

Nancy gets a call for help late one night from a girl she befriended over the phone when getting technical support to help fix her computer. When the line goes dead, Nancy is determined to get to the bottom of things. Soon, Nancy, her Dad, and friends George and Bess are on their way to India to find Kalpana, the girl who wasn't there! It's only a matter of time before Nan

Published January 24th 2006 by Papercutz (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Girl Who Wasn't There, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Sha Mohamed
Komik penyiasatan oleh Nancy Drew.. Bukan mudah mencari kawan hilang yang hanya nama dan suaranya sahaja yang diketahui.. Namun Nancy tak putus asa dan berjaya menemui kawannya itu serta membongkar kegiatan cetak rompak..
Dharia Scarab
Jan 30, 2016 rated it liked it

Myself, I go ou
Katie Solt
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
I think I would like the original series better. I did not like this book
Katie McGaha
I personally didn't care too much for this book but I can see where a child, 2nd or 3rd grade, might enjoy it. I'm not a fan of this style of art work but it definitely kept the book exciting where the story lacked enthusiasm. I thought the story had some great realistic parts as well as some poorly written parts that would never have happened. For example, how old is Nancy Drew? Her new friend, which she unrealistically made through tech support, gets kidnapped so she goes around the world to s ...more
Niza
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-books
It is an interactive book and suitable for young malaysian as suggested.
This is an easy attraction for new readers and he storyline are interesting
Amanda
This book was quite honestly a bit ridiculous and very far fetched. I understand you have to suspend your belief to even go along with a teenager who is capable of solving crimes, but in this particular story Nancy and the gang leave the country. They travel to India to find a young woman who has befriended Nancy. The young woman works in a call center and was abducted. Somehow Nancy is going to work to find a young woman that everyone keeps telling her does not only not exist but she would do w ...more
Kayla Fallis
Sep 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
This graphic novel by Stefan Petrucha is based on the popular series by Carolyn Keene. Grwoing up, Nancy Drew was one of my favorite series to read. I always loved the mystery that was presented in each book. I always wanted to try and solve the cases myself. In this graphic novel, Nancy travels to India to look for a phone pal that has been kidnapped. When she gets there she starts searching and gets herself into trouble but she ends up solving the crime and finding her friend that was kidnappe ...more
Sarah Crawford
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the fourth manga in the series. In this case Nancy talks to a woman in India who ends up getting kidnapped, so she goes to India to try to find the girl who was working at a call center. There's a little bit of Indian culture that is covered but not much. She doesn't get much cooperation in her work, though, since the people she talks to fear the crooks.

The evil guys are involved with making pirate copies of movies. A mole has been planted among the crooks, though, and his identity beco
Yadira
Oct 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novel

Let’s get to the point here, The girl who wasn't there about Nancy drew, who loves solving mysteries. Nancy ends up meeting a girl named Kalpana on the phone and later on, Kalpana calls Nancy and tells her that there is two men in her house. Nancy has to go find Kalpana and help her escape.

Now Nancy parks outside Kalpana’s House and see’s that there is two men in a van parked on Kalpana’s driveway.Nancy follows the van and then she see's the two men go in a small house. Then Nancy goes inside…
Shonda
Feb 27, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2010
Nancy Drew needs help with her computer. During a call to customer service, she meets Kalpana, the CS representative. Long after Nancy’s computer is fixed, she remains in contact with Kalpana, who resides in India. One night Nancy receives a distressing call from Kalpana who believes someone is in her house to kidnap her.

It just so happens Nancy’s father has a scheduled business trip in India and purchases additional plane tickets for Nancy and her friends Bess and George. Shortly after arriving
Simon
Nov 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book was a great surprise to learn about and see that Nancy Drew was carrying on as a graphic novel now. While I wasn't too keen on the art style, I still sucked it up and enjoyed it. The story was good, but Nancy was a bonehead! She was so absent minded and forgetful, this was nothing like the real Nancy Drew in the main series. I was disappointed about that, but it was still a fun read.
One other thing I am wondering about is where the heck is Helen Corning? Nancy seems to only be hanging
Krysta
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was ok
Once again Nancy and her friends have no phones, even though they are knowingly walking into a dangerous situation. This, coupled with the idea that Nancy is going to go to another country to solve a missing person's case with nothing but a first name, city, and workplace to help her, really tested my suspension of disbelief. I was also disappointed that the pictures don't really work with the text to tell the story. Instead, large text blocks move the narrative.
Teri
Apr 05, 2010 rated it liked it
I'd never really read any graphic novels until I saw that _Twilight_ was being made into one, and that piqued my curiosity.

I've always been a HUGE Nancy Drew fan, and I'm surprised at how well the series lends itself to the graphic novel genre. I look forward to reading more Girl Detective books. :)
Amanda
May 19, 2011 rated it did not like it
Wow, that was a huge waste of time. This book is incredibly stupid. She is locked in a jail cell and when she tries to pick the lock, ..... Wait for it........... It is already unlocked!!!!!! Who in their right mind kidnaps someone and leaves their cell door UNLOCKED????? I hated it.
Seema ♥Nerdgirl♥
Better than some other ND graphic novels I've read. I liked it, but not my favourite! It was still slow, but what I really liked about it was that it was easy to understand. No confusion.
Still, as usual the HB graphic novels will always be better!
Christine
Jul 26, 2010 rated it liked it
Quick, easy read, with good background info on the people and places. This story took place in India and the book provided info on the country's capital, languages spoken, etc. Mystery, action and humor.
Emma
May 27, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
I got this a long time ago because it came with one of the Nancy Drew PC games and I thought I would reread it. I really don't like the art and the dialogue and captions are kind of dumb.
T.M. Carper
Jul 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel, j-fic
Entertaining original full-color graphic novel featuring Nancy Drew and her friends on a case in India.
Sam
Mar 21, 2013 marked it as to-read
i like it
Navreen
Apr 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Full of intrigue! Nice illustrations. It was a quick read.
Lara Joy
Oct 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
That was a risk flying all the way just to know a girl you had befriended over the phone then being sucked deep to a dangerous mission. T.T
Nomad nimrod
Sep 08, 2014 rated it did not like it
probably worse than the other ones.

I really hope the originals are better.
Raja99
Sep 10, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mcpl
This is another fun and fast-paced story. It's set largely in India (!) and seemed pretty authentic to me. (Granted, I haven't been to New Delhi for decades.)

(Finished 2009-09-10 14:56:09 EDT.)
Amy
Apr 18, 2013 added it
Shelves: hardy-boys-love
Quite fun, love the trip to India
Faith
Sep 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nancy-drew
Oh man!! This is an AWESOME book!
Book Thrift
Sep 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ecomic
That's cunning. Knowing a girl without seeing her. And her father is a good one at espionage. :P
Maddi
Graphic Novel
Aug 14, 2011
Jnaneshwar
Oct 13, 2012
  • Bonfire Masquerade (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective and the Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers Super Mystery, #5)
  • The Ocean of Osyria (The Hardy Boys Graphic Novel #1)
Stefan Petrucha (born January 27, 1959) is an American writer for adults and young adults. He has written graphic novels in the The X-Files and Nancy Drew series, as well as science fiction and horror.
Born in the Bronx, he has spent time in the big city and the suburbs, and now lives in western Massachusetts with his wife, fellow writer Sarah Kinney, and their daughters. At times he has been a tec

Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • The Demon of River Heights (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #1)
  • Writ in Stone (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Haunted Dollhouse (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #3)
  • The Fake Heir (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels #5)
  • Mr. Cheeters Is Missing (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #6)
  • The Charmed Bracelet (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #7)
  • Global Warning (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #8)
  • Ghost in the Machinery (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #9)
  • The Disoriented Express (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #10)
  • Monkey-Wrench Blues (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #11)