Start by marking “Halfway Girl (Girl, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Halfway Girl (Girl, #2.5)

Halfway Girl

(Girl #2.5)

The team’s resident linebacker, Jerimiah, has gotten used to making people uncomfortable. He’s huge, intimidating and doesn’t have a lot to say. Until he meets Birdie. Now he can’t seem to stop talking, if only so she’ll say more. And stay a little bit longer. To be fair, she doesn’t really have a choice, since they just got locked in the basement together at a frat party…
Published April 29th 2019 (first published February 4th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Halfway Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Halfway Girl

Start your review of Halfway Girl (Girl, #2.5)
Melanie
1.) Getaway Girl ★★★★
2.) Runaway Girl ★★★

I inhale read Getaway Girl and Runaway Girl, so I knew that I had to quickly also read this additional novella story! Especially because we already have met the main character in the original duology!

Birdie - Freshman in college, trying to figure out her place in the world, and how she is forced to live it without her sister.

Jerimiah - Senior in college, plays football, and most people just know him as the big football player and nothing more. That
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
This one was pretty cringe tbh :|
Melanie (mells_view)
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’ve never had anyone look at me the way Jerimiah does. Like I’m a new species of flower he’s desperate to pluck out of the ground and examine, but he’s clearly holding himself back from following through.

E-book - 4 stars!
Audio - 3 stars!

I LOVED Birdie & Jerimiah’s story. Two college kids not looking for love AT ALL, but finding it anyway in people they were not expecting. Birdie is trying to live her best college life for her twin sister that passed away. That means doing things she wouldn’t no
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Great short read

Very insta love, but a short read (73 pages) almost has to be. I liked this one because the guy, Jeremiah is this big football player, basically described as a giant because he is so tall and big, though not fat. He is described as having big hands and feet, a huge chest and he can lift a full keg of beer with ease. However, he rarely talks and doesn’t fit in too well with the rest of his fraternity even though they are all on the football team.

When Jeremiah meets Birdie they ha
Stacey is Sassy
You couldn't get a sweeter hero...

I went in knowing it was a short story but I couldn't help but want more. This series has been one of my favourites by Tessa Bailey and I'm so glad she gave us a glimpse of how Birdie was travelling.

Jeremiah is the kind of hero that every girl should want. I couldn't help but think he had a remarkable resemblance to my hubby. Mind you, my hubby is not 6ft 1000. The resemblance is in their thoughtful and caring ways of looking after their perfect match. Even fro
Carvanz
I will confess that I’ve slacked when reading this author's last several books due to her writing having changed and her books having what feels like too much “introspection” or “musings”. They’ve started to feel a bit bogged down for my taste. However, this novella was absolutely what I first fell in love with the author over. Characters that are not perfect but that are perfect for each other as well as having traits that I can get behind.

I listened to this on the Read Me Romance Podcast
Dual
Tracy  C
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
PERFECTION.
Reread with the added epilogue and I love it even more!! These two melt my heart!!
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
Audio read via Read Me Romance

Ok, so this is my second book by Tessa, both courtsey of RMR. I’ve known of Tessa but none of her book particularly appealed so I never picked o e up. I find her writing good...sometimes. I enjoyed Renaissance Man but this...this was a big fat NO and almost a DNF.

I don’t know the time frame between the books in this series so it’s quite possible I’m being entirely to harsh but this heroine shouldn’t be with anyone. She’s sooo hung up on the passing of her sister tha
Gi's Spot Reviews
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG, everything about this book was PERFECTION! Writing, Storyline, characters and specially narrators *still fanning myself over the male POV*! Audiobook perfection!

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I listened to the professionally narrated audiobook on the Read Me Romance Podcast for FREE!
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
3 'My gentle giant' Stars!

I am sure all fans of Tessa Bailey's Girl series have been waiting for this since the ending of Runaway Girl, where we met the heroine, Birdie Bristow (Jason's sister). I am a little sad to say I did expect much more for her, I wish Tessa would have written a full-lenght novel for Birdie because this love story felt way to rushed for me. Yes, Birdie and Jeremiah have a whole lot of chemistry but I would have loved to have a more developed story on them. Still, this nove
TheBibliotheque ♡
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: faves-short-perf
Y'all say whatever you want, but I'm a sucker for this woman's brand of instalove. It's very insta, it's smoking hot, it's intense and it knocks my socks right off my feet so my toes can curl because damn.
My only complaint? Halfway Girl was way too short.
Leigh
My comments: I did quite enjoy this, but it was soooo short. It started out with a bang and was very hot. Like all the other audiobooks on this podcast, I absolutely did not like the narrators or the mixing of it. I think it could be the mic they're using as well. Anyways, I did get use to the narrators since the first two parts was enjoyable. The full on sex scene was extremely long. It no long became hot. I think the problem was there the longest part was the actually humping each other. It wa ...more
Princess under cover
Tessa Bailey is 3 for 3!

I love me some alpha male virgins. The kind of man who has STANDARDS. Who isn’t necessarily saving himself but has enuf control to wait for the right girl to connect with.

This is true of Birdie and her big, linebacker man Jeremiah. Love them both. Love the things he says. All the things Tessa Bailey’s Heroes day!
Paloma *The Romance Queen*
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reading this was like eating a fudge brownie sweet and indulgent
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
This felt more like an OTT Alexa Reilly book rather than a Tessa Bailey read.

Though I loved the characters themselves, the earlier chapters dialogue was cringe worthy and cheesy. I just couldn’t get into it.

I thought the backbone of the story was good and would have worked better in longer format.

I just didn’t buy the I love you one day or so after meeting. This was a disappointment for me.

But I would read more from this author based on previous reads.

The narration was okay.
Sometime
I haven't read the other books in the series but this was free on KU so I figured why not? I do feel that I missed out on some of the characterization because I didn't already have the background of Birdie from the previous books.

Insta love is pretty standard in a novella so I can't be too picky about that. I thought the romance between Birdie and Jeremiah was sweet and perfect. I do love a big, brawny, quiet Hero. Birdie was good for him, she gave him the extra nudge he needed to move forward i
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
I started this knowing it was a short read but I'd have really liked more.

This is Birdie(sister of the previous H) and Jerimiah's story. They meet at a party in college and that's it for them both. Minor misunderstanding but it's resolved quickly. I loved Jermiah, the gentle giant. Birdie was ok, it's good she's finally able to stop living for her deceased sister.

There is no epilogue which sucks because they're in college and have only just moved in together.
Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡
I couldn't stomach Birdie's incessant obsession with living her deceased sister's life. Honour her passing by living a fulfilling life she'd be inspired by, not according to what she'd do. Despite Jeremiah's innocence being a refreshing choice of characterisation that stands up against the common manwhore college hero, his musings made me cringe. And the sex scene was lengthier than required—there's only so much grunting and groaning someone can tolerate before it becomes background noise.

I l
nikki
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh my days...
This book did something to me. You know what it did?? It’s made me want to go and read the other books about these characters because I actually can’t get enough of them.
HALFWAY GIRL is short, sweet and oh so sexy. And I defy you not to fall in love with the gentle giant that is Jerimiah *swoons* Him and Birdie together were just EVERYTHING!!!
Kayla Brunson
This novella was such a good mix of sweet and sexy! Insta love and steamy sex scenes are my jam, so I picked this one up when I was looking for something to fit the bill. Even though I didn’t read the first two books in the series, I enjoyed Halfway Girl so much!

I have to admit that Tessa Bailey writes sex scenes that are so damn sexy. While I haven’t read a lot of her books, I always end up fanning myself after reading her scenes. This novella was no different.

I loved our main characters, Bird
Carmen Rae
This was such a sweet cherry on top of an amazing series (if we are calling 2 books a series) but fuck I loved every word of all three books.

Was so nice to get someone so sweet yet growly and possessive for Birdie.

Love Read Me Romance podcasts so hard. And hubby appreciates the fact I am actually helping with housework so they can't bug me while I am listening cause I am SOOOO busy ;)
Anne OK
Super short -- too short in fact. But what there was tended towards cute, sexy and two unconventional characters who shared an insta-love connection. I'm not a fan of novellas -- and this one felt like it was over before it had even started. It could have been so much more. There was so much potential.

Darlene I read WAY to many books
UPDATE!!! I added another star due to ebook having a epilogue!!!

1 i did enjoy the narration in this audio book on readmeromance..

😭😭😭😭😭
I love LOVE JERIMIAH i felt so bad for him.. he's been used by his teammates since well hes a big buff looking guy.. and doesn't talk that much.. but he feels something when he meets Birdie and how she talks to him and doesn't treat him like a freak..as for Birdie.. i liked her but.. sometimes she had to pit her twin sister feelings ahead of hers (her dead twin s
Thenia
Mar 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Another free novella from the "Read Me Romance" podcast, this time featuring two college kids, Birdie and Jerimiah.

Birdie is struggling to find her place in a world without her twin sister, while Jerimiah is trying to find his in a world where his size alone intimidates most people.

The two meet at a party where they immediately feel a connection, and soon discover that the feeling is mutual.

This is only the beginning of their story, so don't expect much depth, despite the professions of love by
Kristin
This just wasn't for me. I think I got halfway through the audiobook before realizing that it wasn't my cup of tea.
Susan (susayq ~)
*****SPOILERS POSSIBLE*******

Oh Birdie! How happy I was that she finally started living for herself!

This was great. And HOT. My husband got into the truck as I was listening to a particular scene with Jeremiah and Birdie at the frat party and I was like, we HAVE to go home. NOW. ;)

I will definitely pick up the ebook for the extended content because I love this series, but you don't want to miss out listening to this. Check it out on the Read Me Romance podcast :)
Bonnie-Anne Carmichael (Love Triangles Are Fucking Stupid.)
This was really good but I’m so sad it was so short.
4-4.5 stars!

Loved the hero. He sounded very yummy from the description we got.
Would love to read more about this couple though - it was too short. :(

I listened to it for free (!!!!) on the Read Me Romance Podcast!
L. McCoy
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, reviewed, digital
Oh boy... this is surprisingly great.

What’s it about?
A girl trying to live without her dead twin sister in college is super nervous about fitting in and is not approaching the issue well. There’s this big football player guy who is seen as scary off the field. They meet and end up with feelings for each other.

Pros:
The story is actually kinda interesting. It’s sorta like how some movies have a story that isn’t necessarily anything great but it’s enjoyable enough for however long the movie is. It’
Wendy'sThoughts
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Tessa Bailey Fans, Romance
4 Short But With Layers Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free
So here is my take on this short entry to the Girl series by Tessa Bailey. From what I understand, it was first an audiobook free on the partnership with Alexa Riley, Read Me Romance. I happened to love the series. I am not an audio reader so when it came out on ebook, I decided to read it. I think there may have been a bit of difference from the audio to ebook.

I read AR books and this entry from Tessa Bailey had a bit of the AR concept with the
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Bounced into Love (Bachelorette Party, #4.5)
  • Because of You
  • Between Us and Forever
  • Rated Ex
  • Snowfall  (Baum Squad # 0.5)
  • Bombshell
  • Breath of Fire
  • An Instant Connection (Insta-Spark Collection, #3)
  • Swipe
  • Roping the Cowboy (Circle B Ranch, #0.5)
  • Rolling the Dice (All In Duet, #0.5)
  • Securing Brenae (SEAL of Protection: Legacy, #1.5)
  • Look But Don't Touch (Touch, #1)
  • The Objection
  • Their Second Chance (The Thalanian Dynasty, #3.5)
  • One Last Chance (King Family, #4.5)
  • Mated to the Reaper
  • The Duke's Twin: A Regency Short Story

Girl (3 books)
  • Getaway Girl (Girl, #1)
  • Runaway Girl (Girl, #2)