Start by marking “Dear Midnight” as Want to Read:
Dear Midnight

Dear Midnight

Dear Midnight is a poetic love letter to the darkest moments. A hello to the moon. A break from the idea that love can only be found in the daylight.

______________________

than those few minutes
that separate darkness
from

Published February 1st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Dear Midnight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dear Midnight

Jordon Greene
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! Every page is filled with such emotion. Grey’s words are beautiful and heartbreaking at the same time. If you love poetry, then you need to read this collection.
Ang C
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dear Midnight is a short work of modern poetry that can easily be read through in less than an hour. I wish there were more to it; however, if it were much longer I don't think that I would have enjoyed it as much. Zack Grey's best pieces, in my opinion, were the shorter poems. Minimalism works in his favor, especially because he is able to convey so much emotion in only a few words. For example:

you smile like
helium
and i
float.

However, what I think makes Dear Midnight stand apart from its contemp
Chelsea Vincenzi
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
The best part of the book is the structure. I love how it is split. Also love some of the uniquely designed poems.
Hallie M
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
2.5
Kate
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gorgeous

Beautiful, emotional words, really felt it. A fantastic read! One I'll definitely go back to read time and time again
Alex Antally
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lovely book, filled with so much love and sadness! ❤ ...more
Mikayla
Jun 25, 2019 rated it did not like it
Wow. This was BAD.
Erika
Jul 18, 2019 rated it did not like it
I'm really sick of the new poetry trends. The strange and awkward pacing, the utter lack of editing, broken lines of broken thoughts and "poems" that consist of a handful of words spaced out in an attempt to disguise their mediocrity as being profound.
Autumn
It would seem that all contemporary prose collections follow the same three-act structure: love, misery, reflection. Once again, this is a book marketed as something abstract while really only being an account of a doomed relationship (I take full responsibility for this, however, since I keep falling for it, and should really know better by now). The poet is talented with words, and there are many shining pieces of work to be found here, but that doesn't necessarily make up for the fact that no ...more
Jeremy D.
Apr 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019_april
Dear Midnight showed up in my feed as a recommendation and seemed, even on purchase, every bit like a coffee table, read-it-in-30 poem, rather than a book. This is still true. I don’t feel that a single poem, broken into three parts, is worthy of a cover and a purchase price. But setting all that aside, acknowledging the creativity of the work itself, Grey has, in this poem, weaved together a sense of affectionate turmoil, the burn of loving someone without ever being able to hold them, and a se ...more
Jesseca Evans
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
OH MY GOODNESS. I loved this. I loves the formatting of white to gray to black pages that correlated with sunrise sunset and midnight. I loved the way the poems looked in the pages, and I loved the poems themselves. I could relate
iamSami
Aug 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
*4.5 stars
I was very presently surprised with this poetry collection. There is a clear story. I also really enjoyed a lot of the wording and there were some pretty clever poems. I didn’t expect to like this as much as I did, but it’s great and I think it’s a must read!
Shannon O'Connor
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
I think it should be made clear that this is basically a reprint of Grey's first book 'equilibrium' with a few new poems added. With that being said I thoroughly enjoyed this book and enjoyed the added poems.
Katie Tyler
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved, loved, loved this! It's ironic when you find books that hit home because you seem to be in that same mindset as the speaker, which is exactly what happened here for me. I think this is a beautiful poetry collection!
Reef
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!! This gets me,I’ve enjoyed every part of this book
Maria
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written

This work of poetry is written through the rise and fall of love that we all can relate too. This was my first by Zack Grey and I can’t wait to devour more.
Lara
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5
Dezzy
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful

It’s a really great book I can relate to the feelings that was brought out of the book down to the sun rising.
Tara List
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful and heartfelt

His words touch your soul. if only all me were this romantic. They are sad and recognizable thoughts and feelings put into words.
Jay
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poetry-books
Beautifully written. Short, but the poems are lovely.
Shyler Hayden
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reeling

I am still coming down from the emotional ride that book just took me on. My goodness, how relatable. It was every feeling you have after falling in love with a narcissist.
Gurpreet Kaur
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked this book and read it in just one go. I also loved how the poems were split into sections and I liked the few poems that were differently structured as well. Poetry is something that is supposed to make you feel something and it did for sure make me feel.
I would recommend this book to the people who are into modern poetry.
Farah Deeba
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Full of magic

Magical words with magical pages...These magical words resonate something in me...I loved it so much I couldn't stop reading again and again...
Beverly Maier
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
It wasn’t bad

This book wasn’t bad. I downloaded it because I saw it in the charts and saw a few people writing about it. It wasn’t exactly what I had expected, I didn’t really relate to it, BUT that doesn’t make it bad. I think the words are beautiful. I didn’t enjoy the formatting, as I am a more traditional person and prefer traditional formatting for a book overall, BUT that also doesn’t make it bad. I’m giving 4/5 stars only because I didn’t really “feel” anything while reading it, however;
F.s. Yousaf
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In Zack Grey’s sophomore poetry collection, he brilliantly compiles his poems, some being long and some being short. And no matter the length, the poems are memorable, and beautifully written.
Alissa Benjamin