Start by marking “The Last Dragon” as Want to Read:
The Last Dragon

The Last Dragon

(The Revenge of Magic #2)

Fort Fitzgerald is determined to uncover the truth, but a new student at school and the secrets he has to keep complicate matters in this second novel in a thrilling new series from the author of the New York Times bestselling Story Thieves!

Fort Fitzgerald can’t stop having nightmares about the day his father was taken from him in an attack on Washington, DC. In these dre
Published October 8th 2019 by Aladdin

Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
Fort Fitzgerald lost his father during an attack on Washington, DC. His nightmares about his father give him hope that his father is still alive, and Fort is determined to do anything he can, including risking his own life, to bring his father back. He puts into play a plan involving his friends and magic. Will Fort succeed?

This is the second book of The Revenge of Magic series, and, as is typical of second books in a series, it's a bridge book between a strong beginning and a strong
Heidi
After the disasters that occurred in book one of The Revenge of Magic series, I figured book two would be just as exciting. And I was right. Poor Fort, all he wants is to get his father back. He never intended to end up at a magic school where his actions would nearly result in the Old Ones returning to earth to destroy humanity. After their near escape, Fort and the other magic students have been moved to a back up location. And despite everything that has gone wrong, Fort has been informed tha ...more
Tonja Drecker
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First off, I did not read the beginning of this series, and that was a big mistake. Book two takes off where the first one ends, and it is very difficult to sink into the story without having read the first in the series. In other words, this book is definitely not a stand alone and can not be read without reading book one.

Fast paced and carrying dark tones, this is a read which fantasy friends are sure to enjoy.

It took me quite awhile (more than several chapters) to feel
Dorine White
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First off, this is book two in the series and I did not read the first one. Luckily, the author does a great job of releasing info so that the reader fully understands what came before. However, some of the things he mentions seem really cool and I wish I'd read the first book. So my recommendation is to read the first one.

The story starts off with Fort now at the new Oppenheimer school for magical kids. He can't forget that his father was taken in the last book, so the e
Melanie Dulaney
I received an ARC this book and was excited to read it, but it didn’t take long to realize that I really should’ve read book 1 first. I stuck with it for about 50 pages and had so many questions that I finally had to quit. But my curiosity is piqued and I plan to locate a copy of the first in this intriguing fantasy series.
Beth Mendelsohn
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edelweiss-arc-s
I received this e-ARC from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

This sequel picks up shortly after the events of The Revenge of Magic. The Oppenheimer School has been relocated to another top secret location. Fort is having nightmares about the day his father was taken. The dreams ends with the Old One demanding the location of the last dragon. Fort has no idea where that could be. Cyrus, Fort’s best friend, is being transferred to the U.K. school and Fort is
Ms. Yingling
E ARC from Edelweiss

I've been reading a lot of dragon books this summer because I have a huge number of Tui Sutherland fans. They want a very particular type of dragon book, and this just wasn't it. They don't want things set in the modern world with dragon population declining. Medieval worlds with small dragon populations are okay; it's better if the dragon community is doing well or experiencing a resurgence.

There are lots of impassioned conversations. Perhaps I think a little to
Aurom
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
An excellent followup. If Riley wasn't bad with titles and names (though Forscythe works fairly well), he would be right up there with Riordan and Rowling and all the other authors so popular today. The plot expands its horizons in The Last Dragon, delivering information at a reasonable pace whilst still keeping readers on the edge of their seats, physically incapable of lowering the book from their eyes.
Yapha
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s, fantasy
This second book in the Revenge of Magic series picks up shortly after the first book ends, and is full of just as much action and magic! Read The Revenge of Magic first though. This one doesn't do much explaining of pervious events, which is fine as long as you have read it. A bit darker than Riley's pervious series. Highly recommended for grades 5 & up.

eARC provided by publisher via Edelweiss
Rose Marie
Omari Goins
May 20, 2019
Caleb Stevens-Jacobsen
May 23, 2019

The Revenge of Magic (2 books)
  • The Revenge of Magic (The Revenge of Magic, #1)