Start by marking “Charlie Hernández the Castle of Bones (Charlie Hernández, #2)” as Want to Read:
Charlie Hernández the Castle of Bones (Charlie Hernández, #2)

Charlie Hernández the Castle of Bones

(Charlie Hernández #2)

Inspired by Hispanic folklore, legends, and myths from the Iberian Peninsula and Central and South America, this bold sequel to Charlie Hernández & the League of Shadows, which Booklist called “a perfect pick for kids who love Rick Riordan” in a starred review, follows Charlie as he continues on his quest to embrace his morphling identity.

Charlie Hernandez still likes
Published November 12th 2019 by Aladdin

To ask other readers questions about Charlie Hernández the Castle of Bones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Charlie Hernández the Castle of Bones

Start your review of Charlie Hernández the Castle of Bones (Charlie Hernández, #2)
Darla
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is high-adrenaline! Charlie and Violet start in Portugal, go back to Miami, and then leapfrog across South America before heading through Costa Rica and El Salvador and then into Mexico ending their quest on the Day of the Dead. Castle of Bones picks up where League of Shadows left off and is filled to the brim with the legendary that Charlie's abuela has been telling him about since he was born. His connection to his abuela and his growing friendship with Violet complement the fast-paced ...more
Beth Mendelsohn
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: edelweiss-arc-s
I received an e-ARC of this book from Aladdin via Edelweiss. All opinions are my own.

This book picks up shortly after the events of Charlie Hernández and the League of Shadows. Charlie, a Morphling, is still trying to control his manifestations. He is put to the test when the witch Queen Joanna is kidnapped. Charlie and Violet are transported to South America where they crisscross the continent, encountering people and demons from Hispanic and Latino mythology. Each place they visit leads to
Paige Green
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I received this arc from the publisher! Thanks! All opinions are my own.

Author: Ryan Calejo

Book Series: Book Two of the Charlie Hernandez series

Rating: 5/5

Publication Date: November 12, 2019

Publisher: Aladdin

Recommended Age: 10+ (little blood, some scary moments)

Synopsis: Inspired by Hispanic folklore, legends, and myths from the Iberian Peninsula and Central and South America, this bold sequel to Charlie Hernández & the League of Shadows, which Booklist called “a perfect pick
Kim
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, juvenile
I love the mythology and folklore in this, but Castle of Bones is a disappointing follow-up to the first in the series. Almost 600 pages of story that reads like a video game, Charlie and Violet hopping from one task to the next, leveling up and filling their bag of holding with a Chekhov's armory of loot/information, and yet no character development, no stakes.

We're told at the beginning of the book that Charlie's choices will save or doom the world, but at no point do Charlie or Violet seem
BreeAnn
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
What I Loved:
Can I just start by saying I have some very serious Cover Love for this series!! I love the way the above and below ground are reflected. I feel like it just gives you such a feel for what this book is going to be!

The fantasy world that Ryan Calejo build for Charlie Hernandez had me completely submersed in every little detail. The location of the story was really fun, as it has a fun southern feel along with the fantasy.

How I Felt:
This was a book that I could not put down. My son
Holly (Texan Girl Reviews)
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm gonna say this first, y'all need to read the first book in this series (Charlie Hernandez & The League Of Shadows) to fully understand this story or else it won't have that special vibe that you carry over from the first book!

After the events of the first book well past Charlie and his family, Charlie is having to learn his new found power while trying to please his parents who don't want him out of their sight, especially mama. Only when a new threat is discovered when the Witch Queen
Lenoire
Charlie Hernandez likes to believe that he just an average run of the mill kid. Never mind that he slays demons and has an encyclopedia-like knowledge base of Hispanic and Latino mythology in his mind. And he is a Morphling, which allows him to manifest into any animal trait found in nature.

While Charlie is getting used to his new "normal" life, he has to constantly watch out for the La Mano Peluda. However, when Witch Queen Jo is suddenly kidnapped, Charlie is certain the La Mano Peluda is at
Pam
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an electronic ARC from Simon and Schuster Children's Publishing through NetGalley.
The second book in this series is a significantly longer book. Calejo continues to provide an action filled story for middle grade readers. My concern is whether readers will stay with the book during some of the longer descriptive sections. He introduces and further develops the mythological beings as well as providing further character development for his main two characters - Charlie and Violet.
The
Mery
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What can I say, another winner. Fast paced, full of wonderful adventures. My nephew could not put it down. He was totally engaged. He finished reading the book yesterday and he is already wanting the sequel. Thank you Ryan for another amazing book.
Yasmeena Elmahdy

Mason
Jun 08, 2019
Jun 09, 2019

• One Day at Disney: Meet the People Who Make the Magic Across the Globe
  • The Vine Witch (Vine Witch, #1)
  • Glow Girl
  • Elizabeth Webster and the Court of Uncommon Pleas
  • Sam Saves the Night
  • The How & the Why
  • Lalani of the Distant Sea
  • The Babysitters Coven (The Babysitters Coven, #1)
  • City of Beasts
  • The Last True Poets of the Sea
  • Firefly (Warrior Woman of the Samurai, #1)
  • The Dog That Would Not Bark
  • Becoming RBG: Ruth Bader Ginsburg's Journey to Justice
  • Mind Games
  • Pause Power: Learning to Stay Calm When Your Buttons Get Pushed
  • The Lobsters' Night Before Christmas
  • Crow Not Crow
  • Color Me In

Charlie Hernández (2 books)
  • Charlie Hernández and the League of Shadows