Start by marking “Legacy” as Want to Read:
Legacy

Legacy

(Keeper of the Lost Cities #8)

Illusions shatter—and Sophie and her friends face impossible choices—in this astonishing eighth book in the New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling Keeper of the Lost Cities series.

Only this first edition includes an exclusive extra scene from Tam’s point of view as well as beautiful illustrated endpapers from Shannon Messenger.

Sophie Foster wants answers. But after a li
Published November 5th 2019 by Aladdin

To ask other readers questions about Legacy, please sign up.
ReaderGirl Yes!! No matter what anyone says, Sophie and Keefe are perfect for each other. I mean, both have suffered heartbreak beyond comparison (Sophie had to…moreYes!! No matter what anyone says, Sophie and Keefe are perfect for each other. I mean, both have suffered heartbreak beyond comparison (Sophie had to give up her first family, Keefe's dad ignores him and Lady Gisela is just awful), and plus, Sophie has learned so much from Keefe, like how to hide behind humor. They always make each other feel better, and what has Fitz done? He's the Golden Child in the Golden Family, and sure, his brother's a jerk, but let's face it, that hit Biana way harder than it hit him. Also, what's the deal with Fitz mooning over Linh? Sophie deserves someone loyal, kind, funny, adventurous, etc. But he also can't be perfect (cough* Fitz* cough), and has to be able to come to Sophie with everything. Add all those together, and what do you get? KEEFEEEEEEEEEE.(less)

Start your review of Legacy
Shannon Messenger
Sep 13, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Marking as read, since the book is FINALLY done! Can't wait for you guys to read!
The Bookwyrm
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have...mixed feelings about Legacy. It’s definitely better than flashback, but it wasn’t *quite* the concise book I was looking for.

That being said, I’ll have a spoiler-free review right below here, but if you haven’t read Legacy yet, don’t go beyond that.

Spoiler-Free Review:

Legacy was interesting, to say the least. It managed to give the “offscreen characters” more screen time, while also having enough Keefe and Fitz (though notably more Keefe) to keep up the emotional angst of Sophie and
Tucker
Edit: Take a look at this (Timestamp: 30 seconds)

Please take the following rant with a grain of salt.

My friend introduced me to this series a year or two ago and it was one of the first series I added to Goodreads. At first, I really enjoyed it but with every book, I just got more and more annoyed. Nevermind the fact that this series is basically a Harry Potter rip off.

My issue is that this series is, what the YouTube Community would call, a content farm. For those of you who don't know what that means, it is basically
Sage Elizabeth
i started reading this around 2am. it’s now around 8pm. this book was over 800 pages.

edit: 10-9-19
is the structure repetitive?
if better planned earlier on in the writing process could some issues have been resolved so that the plot flows in a less hectic manner within a fewer number of books?
do I still absolutely adore this series and cherish all the ways it has affected me?
basically the point of this part of the review is
Beth
Apr 03, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I’m rooting for Team Foster-Keefe it’s a no for Fitzphie from me 😂😂
☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ⚡ϟ⚡ϟ⚡⛈ ✺❂❤❣
I'm dying!!! I want it right away! Ugggghhhhh!!!! Gimme this quirky wonderment of goodness!

I want itttttttt! Now!
LostElements
I just wanted to write something, so ignore the stars.

I may have... hated... Flashback but I am still super excited for this. I bet the title is Legacy (have to wait one more day for the confirmation, though.)

I hope that Keeper 8 restores my love for everything. Ah! Can't wait.

#MoreDex
#MoreKeefe
#MoreEveryone
#ExceptFitz

(P.S. In the published part of goodreads, it says October 11th... So not November? I really hope this is true.) ...more
Sophie
Audrey
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Vivien Mavis  Ryder
WOW! Ok... so to all the fans who were afraid the series would drag on to long, and never solve any problems, this book was definitely the answer. I was pleased with the way that the book soved some of the side problems. What follows is a review that is partially spoilers, but nothing severe. It's more of an overview meant to convince skeptical fans that it is worth reading, and for fans that have read it and need to get their thoughts together and explain everything.

BOOM-- Here it i
Eva
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
January 18, 2019
So I didn't like Flashback as much as the rest of the series. Sue me. But I'm hoping that everything from Flashback sort of comes together in this book, and that my love of Kotlc is renewed. I still love Kotlc, of course, but I need it to end just as beautifully as it started. And I'm sure it will!

Yay Book 8!!!

June 9, 2019
Legacy? London? A cover representing Sokeefe and Sofitz? I must say, we're off to a good start. If only the plot and the pacing turns out as goo/>June
Becca
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lisa Tonas
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I want Fitzphie to happen because if they do not get married their cognate powers would stop. Fitz would be jealous and their friendship would fall apart, but if Keefe got rejected by Sophie for Fitz he would understand and they would keep their friendship even if it is a bit awkward. These are just my thoughts and I am sorry if I offended anyone, but I feel that someone needs to speak out for Fitzphie.

P.S. They really need a physionpath on their team to undo Ruy's forcefields!!!
Weekdays
I have mixed emotions, I'm happy because I get to see more of this but I'm also annoyed because I thought the series was over and it's stopping me in my tracks. Just thinking about how much more I need to wait is lowkey killing me. I was going to cry because I thought the series was coming to end but now I think I'll just cry because we have to wait 2 more years.
Esther Hungerford
IM SO EXCITED!
Also: the cover is fitz and Keefe holding Sophie up- however Keefe is the only one really looking at Sophie- is it a reference to how only he really SEES her? Does that mean Sophie will leave the dirtbag called fitz for keefster? I HOPE SO.
kazually ♡
everyone: *ships sophie and keefe*
shannon messenger: *puts fitz and sophie together*
me: *just waiting for the series to end*
Michaela Marcum
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I NEED IT NOW!!!!!!! I cried at the end of the seventh!!!!!
A.
After eight books . . .

Over 4,500 pages . . .

And almost one million words into the series . . .

WE FINALLY KNOW, WHAT THE RESPECTIVE GOALS OF THE BLACK SWAN AND NEVERSEEN ARE.

I enjoyed this instalment. And I cannot believe that I am saying that after the disaster that was the previous book. I was expecting this book to be extremely long winded, tedious, and boring. Instead, it was entertaining, engaging, and occasionally funny.

Let’s start at the begi
Tom Chubby
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am very eager to read this book. I hope we find who Sophie's parents are. I wanna know more about Alvar. And please end the series after book 9. Though I love this series it is getting very long.
Beautiful cover!!!!!!!!
But want less Fitz Vs Keefe and more
Neverseen secrets and everyone else. Please reveal all identities.😍🌸🌸🧝🏻♂🧝🏻♀
C
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
...
Wow
That was actually really good! We learned new things, got some great world-building, plot threads came together, and we got side character appreciation!
I think Legacy is most comparable to Everblaze. I'll write a full spoiler review upon re-read. :)

Pre-stuff:
Has anyone read the Legacy excerpt? World building! Convoluted plot threads coming together! Tam!
My expectations have been raised, don't fail me now! :)

Cover Edit:
Where is De
Beby
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you're reading this Shannon, please LISTEN to me! I have some things that if they are not in Legacy, I will be MAD.😠 Cause I think we all admit Flashback wasn't all that great (well it was great but not as great as the rest of the series.) :
.MORE DEX
.MORE KEEFE
.MORE BIANA
.MORE AWESOME BODY GUARDS (especially Ro)
.MORE TAM & LINH
.LESS FITZPHIE!!!!

Oh and add more couples 😉 BUT NOT FITZPHIE!

And I want all ur opinions, Sofitz or Sokeefe?
Umm.Itz.Jewel
!:DDDDD I’m so friggen excited. Ughhhh next November. NOOOOOOOO(in the same tone and setting that Luke Skywalker used in Empire Strikes Back) *beluga whale noises**flailing snake* *mongoose choking* *geese squeaking**choking monkey noises**what an ant scream possible sounds like when getting stepped on**just me being a drama queen**gnashing of teeth**crying in the shower sounds**muffled cries from under a pillow** PLEASE GIVE ME THIS BOOK BEFORE
I
LOSE
MY
MARBLES!!
Jordan
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, this book was HEART WRENCHING!!!!! But it was also so AMAZING!!!!! Shannon should be so proud of herself for writing this book!

I have to say, there were only a couple of disappointments as far as the story telling. Sometimes it felt like things were taking to long to happen. I understand that we are supposed to feel the uselessness that Sophie and her friends feel. However, a couple of times, for me, the waiting and then a big fiasco and more waiting got kinda tiring.

All that
Lady Awesome
this could literally be 1000 pages of sophie and co doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING and I would still pay good money for it
maddi
me throughout all of this book: *has a bruh moment*

also istg if sokeefe doesn't become Canon by the end of the series 😭😭🤡🤡🤡

also my heart hurts why do i have to wait a year for the last book???? :(((((
Madeleine
2.5/2.75

I have mixed feelings about Legacy. On one hand, it was undeniably better than Flashback, which is unquestionably the worst book in the series. One the other hand, this book suffers from the same issues when it comes to pacing and plot progression as most of the other books in the series do and did not deal with some of the events in Flashback in a way that I found satisfying. Despite being the eighth book in a nine book series, this book was full of events that really should
Briana Fatovic
May 16, 2019 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Ok dads I’m ready for this
Ruth
Aug 16, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I know this book hasn’t come out yet, but it BETTER answer some questions. This series has been going on so long and I struggle more and more each year to read it because it just lets me down. At this point I’ve forgotten so many of the questions that haven’t been answered so by the time they’re revealed it won’t be a big deal. Every year I used to reread the entire series in preparation for the release but I don’t think I can do it this year. It’s too frustrating.
Navya
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first part of my review and is more of a review of the series as a whole. Keeper of the Lost Cities, in my opinion is absolutely and completely amazing. I honestly can’t wait for Legacy. When I saw the gorgeous cover I squealed so loud I almost gave my brother a heart attack. Though he recovered in seconds since he’s kinda used to this kind of behaviour from me.

I have so many questions and theories! First of all they’re obviously in London, but why? And then I realised that the lett
Elena
Feb 12, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I am struggling, because Flashback wasn't as good as I expected it to be. The chapters were way longer than I wanted them to be. Plus, it was REALLY slow going. I kind of liked the romance, but I have got to say, this is not the best book. Also, the romance was literally the cheesiest thing I have EVER read. This series is definitely getting way to long. Why couldn't you just wrap it up after book 7??? It is already going to be longer than Harry Potter.

Update: After a couple mo
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »