Start by marking “Life Is Magic: My Inspiring Journey from Tragedy to Self-Discovery” as Want to Read:
Life Is Magic: My Inspiring Journey from Tragedy to Self-Discovery

Life Is Magic: My Inspiring Journey from Tragedy to Self-Discovery

“Jon Dorenbos is a magical person. Life Is Magic shows how we can all choose happiness in the face of overwhelming odds.” —Ellen DeGeneres

An extraordinary and empowering story of resilience, forgiveness, and living a life of purpose in the face of unfathomable obstacles.

You might recognize him as an NFL All-Pro or as an elite magician who made the finals of America’s Got
Published November 5th 2019 by Avid Reader Press / Simon Schuster

To ask other readers questions about Life Is Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Life Is Magic

Start your review of Life Is Magic: My Inspiring Journey from Tragedy to Self-Discovery
Garret Rose
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
While it was great to go through memory lane with many of Jon's middle and high school experiences, but ultimately I loved learning a valuable lesson about forgiveness and perseverance. This book was a wonderful reminder of why and how we can overcome even the most difficult situations. After recently experiencing the loss of my brother, this book was a solace in my grieving process. We can all do hard things. We can all forgive and we can all get better.
Lastly, it was a great read because I
Mj
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love this guy! I saw him on AGT doing his magic. I'm not a fan of magic but he had so much personality doing it and it was fantastic. Plus, being from Philly, I loved that he was an Eagle. Now, his personalty astounds me after having his father kill his mother when he was 12. I have to admit that I skipped most of the magic so that's the only reason I gave it 4 stars.
Margaret Mancini
What a great story this is. Great reminder of how defeating self can bring so much peace to one's heart. Thank you Kind of the great reminders of what gratitude can do for us if

When we remind ourselves, WE ALIVE! Thank you for being you .I lost my mother at the age of 14 to the disease of alcoholism and I chose to be a victim of that until I found myself in a 12_step program years later. I am grateful we alive!
Amy
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic story! I was crying and laughing and sometimes in the same sentence. Jon’s story is not his life. He spends every waking moment creating his life with each thoughtful and exacting decision. He creates love, fosters passion and a zest for life that has made him a guy everyone wants to be around. When you finish this book you will want to be his friend!!
Cole
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very inspiring and page turning read. I typically don't love self-help type books but I think the sentiments expressed in this book can help almost any individual. I met Jon socially early on in his time in Philly, my husband had emergency aortic valve surgery with Dr. Bavaria the same year as Jon and I dealt adversity early in life so the book particularly hit on many notes.

There is a bit of winner's bias in this book (being an NFL player affords you an incredible support network, resources to
Joseph Sheppard
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome book

My name is JOE and I’m at grateful recovering alcoholic. This book is an inspiration to me that no matter what path our lives take us, God always has our back. There has never been an absence of God in my life, I just shut him out. Today, I too have signs from my father, who passed away in 2015, and others that I looked up to that are gone. Thank you John for sharing your experience strength and hope. Acceptance and forgiveness… The keys to happiness. God bless
Kendra
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing, inspiring, a genuinely nice person. I’ve heard Jon’s story throughout his America’s Got Talent run and seeing him perform magic live, but to read the words written in this book blew me away. I laughed and I cried and despite hitting a rough patch in my own life this year this book has truly made me believe that everything will be ok. Once you start reading you cannot put it down.
Tracy Ann
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I finished this book Saturday night and days later I can’t stop hearing the gems of motivation and inspiration repeating in my head. What an unbelievably inspirational human being! Even if you don’t love football or magic, I promise every single person can love and benefit from Jon Dorenbos’ words and life story.
A special thanks for the story about him visiting Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia and the young girl who was the recipient of his kindness and his “showing up”. I was a kid at CHOP a
Lauren
What an amazing human.
nick russell
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book really hit home with me because my mom passed when I was 13 and this took me back to all the same feelings I had trying to process her death. Thank you Jon for this book and your a true inspiration.
Chelsea K
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Have you ever just cried the whole time? This book. This book did that for me. I love Jon Dorenbos and his entire story just is truly amazing. Go birds.
Cyaunc
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing and inspiring

I was captivated from the beginning. Just an awesome read. Reinforces the need to be kind to ourselves and others and the power of forgiveness.
Kathy

• Home Work: A Memoir of My Hollywood Years
  • Class Mom
  • My Lost Family
  • You've Been Volunteered: A Class Mom Novel
  • First Blood (D.I. Kim Stone, #12)
  • Crime on the Fens (DI Nikki Galena, #1)
  • Broken Souls (D.I. Lottie Parker, #7)
  • Exhalation: Stories
  • From Scratch: A Memoir of Love, Sicily, and Finding Home
  • Obviously: Stories from My Timeline
  • The Praying Mantis Bride (Nameless #3)
  • Makeup Tips from Auschwitz. How Vanity Saved My Mother's Life