Start by marking “The Lady Rogue” as Want to Read:
The Lady Rogue

The Lady Rogue

The Last Magician meets A Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue in this thrilling tale filled with magic and set in the mysterious Carpathian Mountains where a girl must hunt down Vlad the Impaler’s cursed ring in order to save her father.

Some legends never die…

Traveling with her treasure-hunting father has always been a dream for Theodora. She’s read every book in his
Published September 3rd 2019 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about The Lady Rogue, please sign up.
S.M. I'm not sure where the poster below got their answer, but I don't think it's right. The story's not set in London at all, and it's not set during the…moreI'm not sure where the poster below got their answer, but I don't think it's right. The story's not set in London at all, and it's not set during the regency period, either. It takes place in 1937.

That being said, I hope to god it will be a series!!(less)
S.M. I asked her the same question on twitter and she said she'd like to but it depends on whether the publisher will green light anything: …moreI asked her the same question on twitter and she said she'd like to but it depends on whether the publisher will green light anything: https://twitter.com/Jenn_Benn/status/... (less)

Start your review of The Lady Rogue
jessica
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
jenn bennett is a queen of contemporary, so i was very eager to see what she could do with some historical fantasy, and she does not disappoint.

i am so relieved that her signature witty and carefree writing is just as present in this as her other books. it also translates really well into the main characters, which have always been bennetts strong point. the well-developed and entertaining leads, paired with quick and devourable writing, makes for a successful combination. i also adore that
megs_bookrack
Pure entertainment from start to finish!!!

A bit Stalking Jack the Ripper, mixed with A Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue, I loved this fast-paced, historical romp with every fiber of my being.

Theo and Huck make a great team and following them on their mystery-filled, rescue mission through the rustic Carpathian Mountains was hella enjoyable!

Theodora's father is a treasure hunter, hired by a mysterious aristocrat to track down the legendary war ring of Vlad the Impaler.

Along with his
Candace Robinson
Jenn Bennett is one of my favorite authors ever, so when I saw she was doing a YA fantasy I was so excited! I love seeing authors write different genres even though her YA contemporaries are a-amazing!

Theo was awesome! She was strong, emotional, challenging, and admitted when she was right or wrong. Huck was the perfect sidekick—swoony, sweet, protective, funny. Their bickering was the best!

The world building was great and we get to explore such places as Turkey and Romania. And there is quite
Mackenzi
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hey Gents Guide fans — *points aggressively at Lady Rogue.* You’ll like this one.
Stacee
I went into this not knowing what it was about. I will absolutely read anything Jenn Bennett puts out.

I loved Theo and Huck. She’s smart and tired of being left behind. He’s charming and maybe a little uncertain. Together they have a lifetime of history and a bit of a rocky future. I loved reading them figure things out. There are a few side characters who are delightful, but I won’t get into detail on that.

Plot wise, it was a bit of a slow start for me. Even though I was intrigued, I didn’t
Hollis
I requested this book for one reason, really, and one reason only : the name next to "author". I'm a big fan of Bennett's contemporaries and I've dabbled in her adult PNR series (which I still have to finish!) so seeing her switch from YA contemporary to YA historical/fantasy didn't concern me. I was excited. I might not have loved SERIOUS MOONLIGHT but I love her writing, her previous books, and had every reason to expect the same of this one.

But nope.

This book was a chore to read. I pushed
Malanie
When someone says a book is “like Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue,” I instantly transform into a marshmallow. I have no self-control.

But sadly, this book wasn’t marshmallow worthy!!!!!!!

Theo is a hilarious, fun heroine and it’s okay that she’s not bisexual even though I thought we’d have the female version of Monty Montague but we can’t always get what we want and that’s okay.

Huck, the love interest, is………..a little bit cute. He’s also very annoying and self-absorbed, so his cuteness was
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness I really hope this becomes a series! So darn good. Full review to come.

*EDITED TO ADD REVIEW*
Is there anything better than a Jenn Bennett book? Why yes there is. A book by Jenn Bennett that is unlike anything that she has every written before. A touch of the magical and mysterious. Romance and even better still, set all in a beautiful mysterious historical setting and time that appeals to my ever love of the genre itself.

I never knew what I was missing until this book came into
Susan's Reviews
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My thanks to the author, publisher and NetGalley for a free ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.
I love Jenn Bennett: she has such a huge imagination, and I love her quirky writing style. (She tends to have a little gimmick for each story: in this one, her use of word clues in various crossword puzzles was such fun!) This is young adult - borderline new adult - novel delves into the Occult and is set in 1938. I tend not to do paranormal, but for a chance to read a new Jenn Bennett,
JenacideByBibliophile
Disclaimer: This book was sent to me by the publisher, Simon & Schuster – Simon Pulse, for an honest review.

A historical adventure fantasy about treasure hunters searching for a lost ring, that belonged to Vlad the Impaler

Count Dracula

Mass murderer of THOUSANDS

a.k.a.

Romania's crowned jewel and the worlds nightmare.

description

Oh, you KNOW it's going to be good.

Theodora Fox is used to her father abandoning her in five star hotels around the world, while he slinks off to uncover hidden
Maryam
Nov 12, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5

Jenn Bennett is one of my favorite contemporary authors. I’ve read all of her books and I sure wasn’t going to miss this one.

Here are some of my thoughts:

- This was highly entertaining and adventurous. It was also quick and easy to read. I’ve always loved that about Jenn’s writing. Theo and Huck go in a trek across Romania in search of Vlad the Impaler’s cursed ring. and let me say that I need more books with Romanian setting and history! I’ve read books involving the history of the infamous
✨ A ✨
I might not like the cover but I am LOVING the title!!

Jenn Bennett + historical fiction + fantasty?? HELL YEAH
Sahitya
I have always wanted to read Jenn Bennett’s contemporaries because many of my fellow bloggers seem to love them but it just never happened. So, when I realized that she is writing a historical fantasy, I found it way more interesting and immediately requested for this advance copy. And that turned out to be a great decision because this was a very fun reading experience.

I’m a huge fan of adventure novels, especially where the protagonists are searching for historical relics or artifacts while
Amélie Boucher
Nov 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Actual rating: 3.5 stars

Jenn Bennett is a queen of contemporary, and, incidentally, one of my favorite authors, so I was quite looking forward to seeing her dive into historical fantasy.

I'm still not sure what I think about this.

On one hand, you have two great main characters. Theo and Huck are well developed and have quite the history, which makes their relationship entertaining and interesting to read about. Both of our leads are witty and quick on their feet, and I really enjoyed reading
MoodyJess
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Lady Rogue by Jenn Bennet. Is it because I don’t normally read this genre and don’t have much to compare it to? Or because it was just that good? Or because I’m a sucker for the supernatural?

I had no idea what to expect but in the end I feel like I’ve just watched an extremely entertaining mystery blanketed in dark magic, witches, folklore and more. The writing was so rich and realistic I was completely consumed and under a spell while reading this scary tale.

Theo was the
Sh3lly
ANOTHER DNF! I'm on a roll (not a good one). 20%. I tried. I picked this up numerous times. And put it back down after reading a handful of pages. Just could not get into it. It seemed fun. It's another one of those girl out of time stories, where she aspires to more than her place in society allows her. She's basically chasing an absent adventurer father, who is somewhere, searching for "treasure." Her friend and crush shows up and there is drama on that end. I'm just not feeling it. :(
Alaina
What a really fun read!

The Lady Rogue has been on my mind since I first saw it on GR. I didn't hesitate one bit when I saw this at B&N but I did, however, hesitate to dive into it. Mostly because I didn't have the time to sit down and just enjoy a physical book. Heck, I still don't but I definitely try to make it happen. Not even disappointed in this one because it was so freaking good!

Definitely got vibes from other books/series that I've read before and that's probably why I enjoyed it so
Amber
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooksiown
When Theodora's Father Mr. Fox goes missing after searching for Vlad the Impaler a.k.a. Count Dracula's Bone ring, she and her friend Huck Gallagher go on the search to find him. Will they succeed or die trying? Read on and find out for yourself.

This was a pretty good and action-packed read. Be sure to check this book out at your local library and wherever books are sold.
Nastassja
Mar 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of light and funny historical ya with romance and adventures
“When life gives you ghosts, make ghost lemonade?”

And this quote is a perfect description of this book. It turned upside down my expectations of a dark gothic historical and turned it into a funny and light adventure, which is not a bad thing and actually made me giggle a lot during the book.

The Lady Rogue follows the story of a young Theodora Decker - Theo - the daughter of a famous treasure-hunter. Her father goes missing, and finding herself alone and destitute in a foreign country, Theo
Austine (NovelKnight)
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Check out the original review and more on NovelKnight!
This book was provided by the publisher (via NetGalley). This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

I've decided that I now need a sequel toThe Lady Rogue.

This book was the perfect blend of The Mummy movies (the originals with Brendan Fraser, that is) and Kerri Maniscalco'sHunting Prince Dracula. The kind of historical fiction story embedded in legends and cursed objects and magic, requiring plenty of
arini
Sep 16, 2019 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
i know nothing of this book, but i know what to expect from this author. she wont disappoint.

my blind faith in her is most likely going to bite me in the ass someday. i just hope that day will never come.

(currently reading)
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
2/8/19
This cover is so pretty
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
---
Wow, this sounds amazing!!!
Krystal
So this is interesting.

I'm currently reading The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova and the plot of this book sounds ALMOST THE SAME.

Like, more of a YA, condensed kinda version, but still, the resemblance is uncanny.

But does this make me not want to read it?? When my biggest criticism of The Historian so far is that it's way too long? I mean, doesn't that make this book kinda perfect?

Such a conundrum.

Stay tuned, folks.
Nia •ShadesOfPaper•
You can find this review on my blog Shades of Paper.

“I’ve yet to hold the devil’s handiwork. Everything evil I’ve found was made by human hands.”

Jenn Bennett has become one of my main auto-buy authors, and it’s for a reason. I’m a huge fan of her contemporary stuff, and when I knew she was coming out with an historical mystery, I immediately added it to my TBR, and I have to say after finishing it that I need more of these type of stories in my life, because not only they are so gripping and
andrea 🥀✨
Jul 17, 2019 marked it as to-read
this is being compared to the gentleman’s guide to vice and virtue (aka one of my all time favourite books) so obviously i’m intrigued
julia ♥
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
read this review on my blog: here

"He said the beauty of travel was that if you never came home for long,
you never had to face your problems.
There was always another town, another country, another treasure to distract."

Pitched as The Last Magician meets Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue, Jenn Bennett's latest YA Fantasy novel The Lady Rogue immediately peaked my interest. As is hopefully well-known, The Gentleman's Guide is one of my all time favorite YA books, so I'm always on the hunt
Jaye Berry
I must admit I always get excited when I finish a book that isn't too awful but this is more of a three star and we won't talk about it again.

The Lady Rogue is about a girl named Theodora whose treasure-hunting father disappears on the job of finding Vlad the Impaler's famous ring. While Theo is stuck in a hotel in Istanbul, her past flame Huck, (and protégé of her father) shows up to tell her he's gone missing and the only clue is in his journal. Traveling to Romania to follow a lead, Theo and
Cassie
Oct 17, 2019 marked it as to-read
This just came through at work for me to put on the new YA shelf. Except my ass snatched it up and everyone else will have to wait their turn because this sounds hella good!!!

Idk why I didn’t want to read this before, probably because I’m a dumb bitch, but here we are!!

I’m actually in a reading slump right now, but it drives me up the wall if I’m not reading anything, so perhaps this is the book to get me out of said reading slump????

Fingers crossed cause a book loving bitch is desperate for a
Erin Arkin
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’ve been looking forward to The Lady Rogue by Jenn Bennett since the moment I learned about it. I love all of her contemporary romance and adult historical romance so there was no question in my mind that this was going to be right up my alley.

This book starts out with a bang of an introduction to Theo, the daughter of an American treasure hunter. I loved Theo – she’s smart, adventurous, resourceful, and willing to do whatever she needs to in order to protect those she loves…no matter how angry
The Nerd Daily
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Originally published on The Nerd Daily | Review by Teralyn Mitchell

The Lady Rogue is a story about adventure, redemption, and forgiveness. Theodora “Theo” Fox is a seventeen-year-old girl recovering from a broken heart and harboring resentment towards her father who stashes her in fancy hotel rooms while he goes off on wild adventures. Ever since her mother passed away, her father will not let her tag along on his adventures to find anything and everything someone may pay him to find. Theo is

• A Treason of Thorns
  • The Bone Houses
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1)
  • There Will Come a Darkness (The Age of Darkness, #1)
  • House of Salt and Sorrows
  • Crown of Coral and Pearl (Crown of Coral and Pearl, #1)
  • Gravemaidens (Gravemaidens, #1)
  • Winterwood
  • The Memory Thief
  • The Beautiful (The Beautiful, #1)
  • Songs from the Deep
  • Capturing the Devil (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #4)
  • Bringing Down the Duke (A League of Extraordinary Women, #1)
  • The Merciful Crow (The Merciful Crow, #1)
  • 10 Blind Dates
  • Well Met (Well Met, #1)
  • Fireborne (The Aurelian Cycle, #1)
Jenn Bennett is an award-winning author of young adult books, including: ALEX, APPROXIMATELY; STARRY EYES; SERIOUS MOONLIGHT; and THE LADY ROGUE. She also writes romance and fantasy for adults. Her books have earned multiple starred reviews, won Romance Writers of America’s RITA Award, and been included on Publishers Weekly Best Books annual list. She lives near Atlanta with one husband and two ...more