Start by marking “Kitten Lady's Big Book of Little Kittens” as Want to Read:
Kitten Lady's Big Book of Little Kittens

Kitten Lady's Big Book of Little Kittens

From kitten rescuer and New York Times bestselling author Hannah Shaw, also known as Kitten Lady on YouTube and Instagram, comes an inspiring picture book that takes readers on the adorable journey of foster kittens from their first days after birth all the way to adoption!

Did you know that kittens are born with their eyes closed, and they are so small that they can fit in
Published October 8th 2019 by Aladdin

To ask other readers questions about Kitten Lady's Big Book of Little Kittens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kitten Lady's Big Book of Little Kittens

Start your review of Kitten Lady's Big Book of Little Kittens
Jen
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Super cute! Picture book for kids, explains what kitten fostering is and how important it is. The drawings were distracting to me, but a kid would love it! 4 solid stars.
Kaitlyn
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Equal parts adorable and educational! I'm inspired to plan a storytime (I'm a children's librarian) on the theme of kitten care. I can't wait to read this book to the kids and let them practice bottle feeding, grooming with a toothbrush, and purrito-ing our cat puppets!

Update: I did the kitten care story time, and it was just as adorable as I imagined!!
Jillian Heise
This was a fabulous informational picture book about taking care of baby kittens from one who fosters them. It has a super fun and engaging design + lots of the cutest kitten pics! There is a lot of text, so perhaps not a great read aloud, but I know exactly which of my students are going to gravitate to this and be enthralled with the photographs and information.
Liz
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: juvenile
Absolutely adorable yet informative. Hannah Shaw describes kitten life, fostering, and rescue in a way that is accessible to children while Andrew Marttila's photos capture the vulnerability yet incredible personalities of these tiniest of felines. ...more
Cynthia Nicola
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Informative and inspiring AND full of the cutest kittens!! Who wouldnt want to read about kittens Teenie Weenie, Tidbit, Pigeon, and Hank to name a few!!
Becky B
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hannah Shaw (aka the Kitten Lady) introduces kids to how she takes care of kittens through fostering. She gives a little overview of a kitten's growth and development, and some of their biggest needs. In the back of the book is further information about how kids can get involved in fostering with their families or helping those who do foster.

I would have LOVED this book as a child. I was so cat obsessed. I still like cats, and I found out about this book through the Kitten Lady's Instagram (if y
Brittany
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute and informative

This was a cute book. Well put together. Great for children and learning now they can help with cats and kittens. Who doesn't love kittens
M Aghazarian
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cutesy pictures but also greatly educational for both kids and parents
Machaia
Jun 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I got this one for my kitten loving niece. It’s adorable, educational, and fun - what more could you want! 😁
Jenn
Read with Skye and Lexi, over two nights. If it almost too long to be a Wyoming Reads selection, which is too bad because the kids would love it.
The author fosters baby kittens. The book has cute full color pics with fun thought bubbles and doodles drawn on them. It explains what fostering animals entails and how kittens grow/develop.
After I read it to X, he commented that the kittens learning to eat real food looked like Skye, with food all over themselves. Pretty true.
Elise
Mar 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is a good beginning for younger kids (and apply for other animals) to learn empathy towards animals, they are not toys that could be use and then abandoned.
Amy
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Known as the Kitten Lady, Hannah Shaw takes cat lovers of all ages on a journey from birth to adoption. With full-color photographs on every page adorn with hand-drawn artwork, this book will leave any kitten fan cooing over the absolute adorableness. From kitten anatomy, a glossary of terms and detailed step-by-step care for these tiny kittens, readers will be able to explore every avenue behind fostering kittens. Will you be able to resist the cutest kittens in the world?

In a story that explo
Lisa
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cat rescuer and animal advocate Hannah Shaw, AKA Kitten Lady, has followed up her adult how-to on kitten rescue and fostering, Tiny But Mighty, with this engaging picture book for the youngest would-be rescuers. Vibrant, playful photos of kittens, enhanced with colorful Instagram-worthy line drawings, will appeal to readers from preschool up. Strong readers can tackle the informative text on their own, including a comprehensibly-defined array of new words, but this book is best enjoyed with a ca ...more
Wendy
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yes, this is a children’s book. No, I don’t have children, but I’ve been following Hannah Shaw, also known as The Kitten Lady, for quite some time. Her contributions to saving the lives of hundreds of kittens as well as creating educational and advocacy opportunities all over the world are invaluable, so I bought this book (along with her book for adults, Tiny but Mighty) because I think it’s so important to support what she does. This book is special. It’s educational while being visually stunn ...more
Nola Kate
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yes, I know this is a kid’s book and I’m not really a kid. But I really couldn’t resist.

Kitten Lady (Hannah Shaw) has a really cool writing voice. I’ve watched many of her YouTube videos and her writing matches up to it perfectly; I can almost hear her personally reading this book to me as I read the words.

This book shares the perfect amount of information for kids to get excited about helping kittens. Fostering is an amazing thing for anyone but perhaps especially magical to a child. Most thing
Mary
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kitten Lady’s Big Book of Little Kittens is a wonderful resource to teach kids about feline welfare and to inspire them to get involved. Hannah shares stories about kittens she’s fostered, with lots of cute pictures of kitties everywhere! A glossary of important terms and a list of what kids can do to help cats in their communities finish it off nicely. I highly recommend this book for kids who love cats and are curious about animal advocacy!
Marnie
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-ya
After several weeks, and only be half way thru my 800 page civil war book, I got the notification from the library that this book was in! While the civil war book is good, nothing can beat a book about kittens! It was delightful! And even better, it was a great introduction to kitten fostering. I wish I could carry it around and give it to people who ask what it means when I foster kittens. But mostly it was wonderful because of cute kittens!!
Chris Koeth
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It explains what an animal advocate does without being over the top. Cute pictures, great presentation, and Hannah wonderfully explains what her role is in saving kittens. I also love the Glossary, the "Five ways kids can be superheros for cats", and the author's note at the end of the book. I love to learn too when I read books to children. You don't have to be a cat lover, just an animal lover to enjoy this book. ...more
Gayle
Dec 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh, what a darling book! I purchased this to support the Orphan Kitten Club (which, by the way you can choose to support this organization on SmileAmazon.com). The photography and graphics were superb! The book was so informative and inspirational! My 8-year old grandson read it to me and loved looking at the photos and graphics. We both learned a lot and we will enjoy this book again and again!
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kitten Lady outlines how she fosters kittens who have been rescued until they can be adopted.
With a fun, drawings on top of photographs style and the Kitten Lady being a cool tattooed lady, I can see this being very popular and especially with our Kitten Kids. Who doesn't love kittens <3 <3 <3 !?!?
Ruth Ann
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the story of Hannah Shaw and her rescue operation for kittens without moms.
Hannah is a foster mom for hundreds of kittens which gives them a great start on life and gets them ready to go to a forever-home. She feeds them and grooms them with a tooth brush.
Lots of amazing photographs!
Glossary and tips for kids on how to help in the back.
Michelle
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a knowledgeable and cute book! You get the cuteness award today. If they sprang off the page like magic to the right person then even more kittens would go to their forever home. But seriously there's good advice on caring for kittens and reading or just looking at the pictures could make you want your next pet even more. ...more
Kyre
Jun 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book

A nice peep into fostering kittens. By no means exhaustive but a good start with plenty of cute pictures! My five year old is now determined to foster kittens or volunteer at a shelter. So; mission accomplished haha. (I’ve raised kittens in the past so I may actually consider it)
Chris Cohen
Jul 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is for kitten lovers, kitten appreciators, kitten fans, kitten aficionados, and anyone who looks at a food-covered baby kitty and thinks, “Perfection.”

Much thanks to the author for her fun , sometimes and somewhat “enhanced,” photos. They were whimsical, educational, and downright adorable.
Ana Gutierrez
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderfully presented info book for kids to the wonderful world of kittens and fostering. It's got a glossary of terms in the back and five suggestions about how kids can become a superhero for cats. And OMG the adorable kitten photos! ...more
Chelsea
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Perfect introduction to fostering and kitten care for young children. I will definitely be getting a copy for my school library!
LunaLord
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So cute and great for kids and adults who just want a cute easy 10 minute book.
Dina Prinzo
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Super cute and educational. Simple but extremely informative and inspirational.
MARY P TRIMBELL
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great book and photos for kids. Just 4 stars because so little credit to Andrew Martilla for his photos
Nathalie
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Three cheers for kitten rescuer Hannah Shaw! Full of endearing kitty faces and stories. But it's also educational in the realities of kitten rescuing. ...more

• Please Don't Eat Me
  • Cats Are a Liquid
  • Black Is a Rainbow Color
  • I Talk Like a River
  • Harold & Hog Pretend For Real! (Elephant & Piggie Like Reading!, #6)
  • Music for Mister Moon
  • Snail and Worm All Day: Three Stories About Two Friends
  • Maids
  • Fred's Big Feelings: The Life and Legacy of Mister Rogers
  • Our Favorite Day of the Year
Hannah Shaw is a kitten rescuer, humane educator, author, and unwavering animal advocate who has dedicated her life to finding innovative ways to protect animals. Her project, Kitten Lady, strives to create global change in the way we perceive and treat the tiniest and most vulnerable felines: orphan kittens.

Kitten Lady provides educational media, training resources, and instructional workshops a

News & Interviews